AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 16:30   Link #21
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashiRika_04621 View Post
Did anyone notice that the plot of the Agatha Christie novel And Then There Were None (alt. Ten Little Indians) is similar to Umineko's? (ATTWN is about ten strangers being invited to a private island, and one by one they start dying o.o)
I did indeed; however, as that Agatha Christie novel is not the only place I've heard of/seen this sort of plot before, I didn't consider it that big of a deal.

...In fact, the Haruhi Suzumiya books/anime do a pretty good job of explaining why those sort of mystery stories take place in such places (that is, things like islands lacking direct contact with the mainland, etc.) in a specific chapter (aptly titled "Lone Island Syndrome").
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 17:52   Link #22
Little Machi
Banned

Is my mind playing tricks on me, or does that site announce the Umineko single? Which date is the release one, though?O_o
Little Machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:04   Link #23
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Machi View Post
Is my mind playing tricks on me, or does that site announce the Umineko single? Which date is the release one, though?O_o
It's coming out the same day of Comiket 74
Old 2008-07-20, 21:50   Link #24
Keriaku
Thought Being

So any word on how much of the games the anime is adapting? Is it just episode 1, or including 2 and 3 as well?
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 22:18   Link #25
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Aah, I'm excited!
About time this'd happen <3

Though, I think they may have the first 4 question arcs (even though only two are out so far) in the anime. I think that could work.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 23:16   Link #26
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
You know what would be cool if Madhouse animated it LOL....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 04:26   Link #27
Rayneing
Trombe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Aah, I'm excited!
About time this'd happen <3

Though, I think they may have the first 4 question arcs (even though only two are out so far) in the anime. I think that could work.
How could it possibly work? You can't adapt something that doesn't exist yet.
Old 2008-07-21, 18:53   Link #28
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Well, the fourth game would be out next Comiket(well, the one after the coming one xD) wouldnt it?
So I was wondering if they could maybe start the anime after it's out, but that may be too late. Who knows.
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 20:49   Link #29
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinigami_Mello View Post
Well, the fourth game would be out next Comiket(well, the one after the coming one xD) wouldnt it?
So I was wondering if they could maybe start the anime after it's out, but that may be too late. Who knows.
No chance. They have to know the content they're including in the anime when planning it out at the beginning of the process. They said they'd start this summer, and episode 3 will be out next month, so it's possible that 3 could be in the anime, but I'm not going to assume it will be. 4 is a definite no-no.

Can't say I mind either way, we'll inevitably get multiple seasons for as long as it takes to cover all the chapters anyway, so as long as they do a good job I'll be happy.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 02:22   Link #30
Little Machi
Banned

Let's start betting.XD I bet all the question arcs will be in the first season of the anime.

On a side note, anyone have any idea when the anime will be released?O_o I've heard it's this year.
Old 2008-07-23, 08:32   Link #31
Paranoia833
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
No chance. They have to know the content they're including in the anime when planning it out at the beginning of the process. They said they'd start this summer, and episode 3 will be out next month, so it's possible that 3 could be in the anime, but I'm not going to assume it will be. 4 is a definite no-no.

Can't say I mind either way, we'll inevitably get multiple seasons for as long as it takes to cover all the chapters anyway, so as long as they do a good job I'll be happy.
Doesn't that rather assume that the basic plots to each arc aren't written up long in advance of them being released? I mean I don't know how Umineko's production processes work but I figure a first draft of the script would be one of the first things that gets done, and if the producers of the anime can get the co-operation of 07th Expansion then there's no reason they shouldn't be able to get an idea of what happens.

Of course, depending on when they're aiming to get the anime released it might create issues, as I doubt they'd want an animated version of the 4th arc out before the actual release of the game.
Paranoia833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 09:35   Link #32
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia833 View Post
Doesn't that rather assume that the basic plots to each arc aren't written up long in advance of them being released? I mean I don't know how Umineko's production processes work but I figure a first draft of the script would be one of the first things that gets done, and if the producers of the anime can get the co-operation of 07th Expansion then there's no reason they shouldn't be able to get an idea of what happens.

Of course, depending on when they're aiming to get the anime released it might create issues, as I doubt they'd want an animated version of the 4th arc out before the actual release of the game.
Thats certainly. So how does it work out? if we estimate, should the game come out before the 4th arc? well that is.. wait.. does anyone know if its supposed to be a 13-14 episode season? or a 24-26 episode season? if so.. what are the chances that the game will come out before?.. if it does, even if the game isnt out yet, as long as they follow the story closely, there shouldnt be any reason they cant animate it.. then again, the game release shouldnt coincide with the 4th arc being animated.. there would be some time in between.. hmm looks like the chances are low.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 10:28   Link #33
Solafighter
Hige

Mh without knowing the mangas and games, are they relations to the first 2 seasons?

Last edited by Solafighter; 2008-07-23 at 10:32. Reason: question change
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:20   Link #34
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Quote:
Let's start betting.XD I bet all the question arcs will be in the first season of the anime.

On a side note, anyone have any idea when the anime will be released?O_o I've heard it's this year.
But I thought the website said "2009"
Dreamiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:27   Link #35
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
There isn't any confirmation for any specific amount of "arcs" for Umineko. In fact, it is even possible that we will have either extra content, or different things to build up few elements while the game is in progress. That is said there is high chance that we will have a faithful adaptation. That would be like the first 4 arcs in higurashi for the first season.

Personally, i would assume they will only start the premise with a 12-13 episodes season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Mh without knowing the mangas and games, are they relations to the first 2 seasons?
Considering what the games offer up to the second episode, there isn't any connections, except some cameo and references. Being in the same universe or not, they are completely unrelated (pretty much like Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamiel View Post
But I thought the website said "2009"
The 2009 mention is absolutely not related to the anime release date. There isn't any confirmation for the moment.
Old 2008-07-24, 01:30   Link #36
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

ZOMG!!! There's another series?!! O_o

Better check this one out too!
Old 2008-07-24, 16:13   Link #37
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Does it mention Shikata Akiko doing the anime opening?
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 18:28   Link #38
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
There isn't any confirmation for any specific amount of "arcs" for Umineko.
In a recent fan meet up Ryukishi07 said he was planning 4 question arcs and 3 or 4 answer arcs
Old 2008-07-25, 17:15   Link #39
Little Machi
Banned

There's a new news entry. Anyone know what it says?O_o
Old 2008-07-25, 22:44   Link #40
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Theme song CD announcement.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote