AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 12.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.54%
1 out of 10 : Painful 18 27.69%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-04, 01:04   Link #101
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Said mecha has the power to literally pollinate the Tree of Life and this is Aquarion, so yeah, it wouldn't faze me one bit if it were possible.
Than why didn't he just impregnant her than with the robot right away if it could do that? I'm guessing he needs Amata if he wants to knock up Zessica for that child he wants or maybe, even though Mykage is sick, he does plan to make good on his promise to Zessica or at least try to. He was spurned over 24,000 years ago maybe this is his way of relateing to her through force?
Old 2012-06-04, 01:18   Link #102
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Than why didn't he just impregnant her than with the robot right away if it could do that? I'm guessing he needs Amata if he wants to knock up Zessica for that child he wants or maybe, even though Mykage is sick, he does plan to make good on his promise to Zessica or at least try to. He was spurned over 24,000 years ago maybe this is his way of relateing to her through force?
Wasn't his promise with Zessica to open the dimensional gate so they could got after MIX, in return for her body? I don't recall Amata being part of the deal.
Old 2012-06-04, 01:21   Link #103
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Wasn't his promise with Zessica to open the dimensional gate so they could got after MIX, in return for her body? I don't recall Amata being part of the deal.
No, his promise was to tear that hand away and give it to her. If Amata wont love her than he's going to what Zessica refuses to do and force him to love her, at least physically(Making his hand phrase pretty spot on. He never said anything about Amata's heart after all). Guess Mykage really wants a baby, huh?
Old 2012-06-04, 01:40   Link #104
pingva

It's obviously a retcon, but I can't blame them. Aquarion wasn't popular not much people saw it and they needed to justify - explain their horrible triangle, plus they needed to destroy Apollo x Mikono that she could end up with "someone else".
Old 2012-06-04, 01:47   Link #105
tsunade666

oh great, that's just great -_- it turn into bestiality
For how awesome the chemistry that was made from the first season into a force Apollonius into a dog Pollon and no matter what. It just felt force and just to make things work -_-
Old 2012-06-04, 01:52   Link #106
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

You know, I'm really impressed by how ANGRY this show has made me. It's not the same kind of boiling anger I felt during the Tabuki bits in Penguindrum, no, it's more like the "I hate the entire universe" kind of anger.

Good job, Kawamori. Good job.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:00   Link #107
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

I was kind of disturbed by the sudden bestiality. It kind of makes sense with the feral main characters, but this was not the kind of twist I was neither expecting nor hoping for.

Mikage's take over of Zessica is kind of creepy as well.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:10   Link #108
Zuul

I wonder which one I should pity more. Zessica getting the fabulous Gayngel's tough love or Mikono trapped in some extremelly crappy beastiality love triangle.

Anyway I wasn't expecting a troll of this envergure.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:14   Link #109
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Wait i think this is out of the blue, because I remember specifically that Apollonius talked to Apollo in a few episodes... I mean it wouldn't make since why his soul would talk to him if he wasn't a reincarnation, when they showed Apollo's soul it was apollonius who came out not the dog???? does anyone notice, this... I mean they are disregarding a lot from the first season... Unless Zen lied to them n Apollo was actually both Pollon and apollonius
Old 2012-06-04, 02:24   Link #110
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
At this point it looks like he was the first Aquarion all along, and NOT just his wings.
It's probably Fudo if he's still around. Mykage asked him where did he hide his real body. That one is ugly. He must hate him for trolling him.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-06-04, 02:26   Link #111
tsunade666

didn't Amagura said that they aren't Appollonius or appolo? or something. In the last episode? the one with the raep scene.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:30   Link #112
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
didn't Amagura said that they aren't Appollonius or appolo? or something. In the last episode? the one with the raep scene.
Amagura has said that they aren't Apollo.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:41   Link #113
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

So having seen the episode:

- The background art this time was gorgeous. I love what they were doing with the book, and the backgrounds behind Crea and Fudo. Some of the best art in the series, IMO.
- Shrade went out in style. I'm sorry to see him die, but they made a great ending of it. He got what he wanted for the song, saved the day, and was missed by the people he loved and who loved him. Looks as if he had been struggling with feelings that he could never help people.
- Kagura only had a little screen time, but thank goodness he was more sympathetic than he was last time. It was hard to like him when he was beating up Amata and totally ignoring Mikono.
- Speaking of Mikono, it's sweet and all that she managed to finally apologise to Kagura, but she wasn't being given much of a chance to drive the plot, and after last ep, she really needs a chance. Please, writers, please let her actually do something more active next time.
- I'm sorry to recognise that I was actually happy to see Zessica get possessed, because it meant she was doing something other than angsting about Amata not loving her. Things are pretty bad when a character you like can get bodysnatched and you're watching thinking "Great news! A temporary reprieve from Amata-angst!".
- Mykage, Mykage. So he really was part of Toma. And they explained how on earth Toma could have reincarnated/split from the rest of himself: he didn't reincarnate with a body at all, just in a spiritual form. Maybe he was so annoyed at being trolled over Apollo that his soul just split in two.
- ...Which does make it a little more likely that Fudo, whose form is only a projection, might be a shadow angel or Apollonius himself.
- Mykage's light side has not been accounted for. The most likely person in the main cast would be Zessica, and if that turns out true, there had better be one heck of a Toma vs Toma fight.

What I want to see explained is why Kagura was able to have Aquarion heed his call on the grounds of him being Apollo. Did Apollonius hand Pollon the keys to the Aquarion 24,000 years ago or something?

It seems as if the real cause of all the problems here is that Toma just can't let go of his love/hate. This is what has to be addressed in EVOL in order for the story to end.

And for next ep...now that Mykazessica has made Izumo his target, it reminds me how much I don't want Izumo to die. Izumo shouldn't die, he's too sensible and cool! It would be too tragic.

The dog and bestiality things are fine as jokes, but I do think we have to remember that Apollo, Amata and Kagura are humans. Except for when Kagura is a red wolf thing. IDK.

So...at this point I don't see how EVOL is going to end without Altair and Vega being brought back together, and the same for Amata and Kagura. The one with the connection power is Mikono, so she has quite a task ahead of her. But if Aquarion can knit a single planet together, I suppose it can knit two back into one.

I love the plot twist about Apollo. It doesn't make the Silvia-Apollo romance meaningless, but it is an epic act of trollery. I was hoping to be trolled on the reincarnations in EVOL. I couldn't have dreamed that we would be trolled on the Genesis reincarnations.

I said something incorrect earlier. It seems that Pollon had only wished to meet Celiane again in the next life; I suppose he wasn't being presumptuous enough to wish for her love in the next life. That's the same idea as Silvia and Apollo's promise to meet again, really.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:47   Link #114
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Haven't watched this episode but the spoiler is really interesting

But do we have confirmation that EVOL is really a direct sequel to TV series or the movie/OVA? I only remember on early episodes there was article of interview with Kawamori that stated EVOL combines some bits of both TV series and the OVA but never stated it's direct sequel. Since it's not a direct sequel, the revelation of Apollo can be considered as one of many possibilities on alternate universe, can't it?

I wonder if EVOL made to SRW (and meet SnA casts), will Terada changes this part...
Old 2012-06-04, 02:49   Link #115
Destined_Fate

You do know her getting possessed will only lead to even more angsting from her and now Amata who's going to freak out when Mykage reveals what he's done and what Mykage wants out of Amata to fulfill the promise he made to Zessica against her will, right?

If EVOL gets into SRW than expect Gundam Seed Destiny levels of changes. If he can fix up that mess and make Z Shinn one of the most likeable characters around than he will be able to salavage EVOL. I'm sure he'll even cut out a lot of the needless Zessica kicking and maybe even turn it into a joke and have Zessica and co. laugh it off. Like Shinji in Evangelion is wimpy which is made into a joke and he gets smacked around by Ryouma and turned into a man that somehow can use a Katana by the End of Evangelion final stage and doesn't take BS from anyone. They also force Asuka and Shinji to get over their inability to communicate issues very quickly, completely avoiding Asuka's needless BSOD, thanks to the other Mecha series protagonists easily spotting a lovers spat and getting it out in the open.

So yes. If anyone can fix EVOL it's Terada and we all know that SRW is so popular that he can literally change bad things like this and they have to suck it up. The Destiny Directoe was pissed at Shinn being changed to a likeable character but he couldn't do anything about it. Destiny is out of his hands now and the bigwigs wont let him pull Destiny from any future SRW rosters because that would get in the way of free advertisement and a ton of easy profit.

Last edited by Destined_Fate; 2012-06-04 at 03:00.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:54   Link #116
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You do know her getting possessed will only lead to even more angsting from her and now Amata who's going to freak out when Mykage reveals what he's done and what Mykage wants out of Amata to fulfill the promise he made to Zessica against her will.
At least some of her angst is "Hey! Give me my body back!" rather than angsting over unrequited love for Amata. The drawback is that if the fan theories are right, and they probably are, Mykage is likely to take actions causing her to angst further about Amata. So the reprieve will only be temporary.
Old 2012-06-04, 02:55   Link #117
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
It doesn't make the Silvia-Apollo romance meaningless
I kind of feel that's exactly what it does.
Old 2012-06-04, 03:01   Link #118
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I kind of feel that's exactly what it does.
I'm a little curious. Why do you think that Silvia and Apollo's romance was meaningless because Apollo wasn't Apollonius?
Old 2012-06-04, 03:02   Link #119
Destined_Fate

Quote:
I'm a little curious. Why do you think that Silvia and Apollo's romance was meaningless because Apollo wasn't Apollonius?
It's meaingless because what was the point of the promise made 12,000 years ago when Pollon made no such promise and just had a hard on for his masters lover?

Quote:
At least some of her angst is "Hey! Give me my body back!" rather than angsting over unrequited love for Amata. The drawback is that if the fan theories are right, and they probably are, Mykage is likely to take actions causing her to angst further about Amata. So the reprieve will only be temporary.
I see it as more "No, I love Amata but I don't want to force this on him! Stop using my body for that! I want Amata to want to do that with me on his own free will! I still have hope that he'll return my love!".

Than Mykage can go "He's just a stupid dog, deal with it. I'm sure he'll like it anyway."

Than while that's happening Amata will be all "MIKONO-SAAAAAAAN~! I wanted you to be my first!!! NOOOOOO! MIKONO-SAAAAAAN~! MIKONO-SAAAAAN~! MIKONO-SAAAAAAAAAAN~!".

Than Kagura will be like "Let me kill you right now."

Than Mikono will be "Blush... Be gentle. I always liked animals."

Than Amata will be like "MIKONO-SAAAAAAAAAN~!".

Than Mykage will be like "What the hell do you see in this idiot? Doesn't he know any other names than Mikono?"

Than Zessica will be like "I wish he would at least just say my name even just once considering you're forcing us to...."

Than Mykage will be like "See! This is why I'm winning, you're all idiots!".
Old 2012-06-04, 03:04   Link #120
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I would argue that was sort of the whole basis of their relationship, even if they fell in love on their own terms and not just because of who they were purportedly reincarnations of.

And of course, in the end in turns out that Silvia was in love with a dog. A dog. What a timeless, classic romance for the ages. A dog.

This whole show is like a slap in the face, I swear.
Closed Thread