AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 13:17   Link #3621
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Team Hippo

Commander: Erwin
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Loader: Caesar
Images

Gunner: Saemonza
Images

Driver: Oryou
Images

Slightly off topic:

Restored StuG III
Spoiler:
I thought Caesar was commander not Erwin. Can somebody verify this?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 13:41   Link #3622
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Caesar is their group/club leader. Erwin is the Tank's Commander (and radio operator) in terms of the position she hold in the crew. Caesar is the tank's loader.
Old 2013-01-02, 13:47   Link #3623
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
That just makes it confusing though. At first I thought Erwin was the commander when the series started, but then I found out that Ceasar was the leader of the group so I assumed she was the commander of the tank.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 13:53   Link #3624
Marina2

Interesting pair from rabbit team

Images
Azusa x Ayumi
Old 2013-01-02, 14:08   Link #3625
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Think of their names to their roles. Caeser was a ruler, but Erwin (Rommel) was a commander of tanks. A good ruler will rule, but let those that are skilled be skilled in their field. So it makes sense that in the History Club, when it comes to making choices and decisions, that is Caeser's roll. But when they are on the battlefield in their StuG III, Erwin knows what they need to do, so Caeser allows Erwin to command the tank, as that is her best destiny.

Note how their tank was painted orignally. Very Roman in colors. Erwin wanted a Afrika Corp tank design, but Caeser is the club leader.
Old 2013-01-02, 14:41   Link #3626
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Images
Wow, that pic is full of awesome. Mosquitos, bagpipes on mortocycles, and a Ferret!

Endless "Recon" Soul
Old 2013-01-02, 14:43   Link #3627
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Internationals, where you get air cover. (No. I have no idea about that).

That or just going to school daily on the "Ark Royal".
Old 2013-01-02, 18:12   Link #3628
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Given the odds, tanks and tank destroyers presented so far in episode 10...what are Oarai's chances in the Finals? Mind you all they have to do is knock out the Flag Tiger to win. (Can we assume Miho's intel to be correct about the 10 Panthers?)
If they were on the other side of the hill in the background, victory would be sure-fire.

Not a single one of Kuromomine's tanks can depress their gun very well. Forcing them to crest a hill would make them expose their lower plate at a near-90 degree angle which just about every one of Oorai's guns could penetrate. Save for the Type 89's 57mm howitzer, the B1's 47mm gun, and the Lee's turret-mounted 37mm.

Seriously, even in GuP, the Type 89 belongs in a museum, not a senshado competition. After this competition, they should at least upgrade the Volleyball team to a Chi-Ha or some flavor of German tank. Skoda T-25 anyone?
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 18:18   Link #3629
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Note how their tank was painted orignally. Very Roman in colors. Erwin wanted a Afrika Corp tank design, but Caeser is the club leader.
Did you notice that Erwin got a little bit of what she wanted for the original paint scheme? On the rear of the StuG was an Afrika Korps emblem (with the swastika replaced by a horizontal bar)
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 18:55   Link #3630
Gravitas Free Zone

The T-25 never made it past blueprints, so even if it's the right era, it would be quite a feat to build one.

I'd give them a Crusader.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:15   Link #3631
Liddo-kun
is this so?

One more Christmas fanart of Nonna and Katyusha.

Images

Bunny Yamagou Ayumi

Images

By coincidence this video last march 2012 has some of the tanks used in the anime - real Matilda II, Panzer III, T-34-85, Sherman, and Tiger 1, in working condition. I'm surprised the tanks could make a turn that fast, thought they would be a little slower.

Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:26   Link #3632
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
If they were on the other side of the hill in the background, victory would be sure-fire.

Not a single one of Kuromomine's tanks can depress their gun very well. Forcing them to crest a hill would make them expose their lower plate at a near-90 degree angle which just about every one of Oorai's guns could penetrate. Save for the Type 89's 57mm howitzer, the B1's 47mm gun, and the Lee's turret-mounted 37mm.

If they were fighting a bunch of nincompoops that would work fine, but no such luck on that part even with Anzio, let alone Kuromine...

Quote:
Seriously, even in GuP, the Type 89 belongs in a museum, not a senshado competition. After this competition, they should at least upgrade the Volleyball team to a Chi-Ha or some flavor of German tank. Skoda T-25 anyone?
The Volleyball team deserved to use the Chi-Nu instead of those gamer otaku, that still pisses me off.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 19:42   Link #3633
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
The T-25 never made it past blueprints, so even if it's the right era, it would be quite a feat to build one.

I'd give them a Crusader.
It IS allowed by the rules though, but I don't think that Ooarai has the funds to create a tank from scratch (they barely had enough funds for the Hetzer conversion). Some of the other schools can likely do this though, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Black Forest actually has a Maus idling in their garage at this point.

It's too bad that the year cutoff disallows some of the funkier French concepts like the ELC AMX... Bet that the Automotive club would LOVE that one.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-01-02 at 19:53.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 20:03   Link #3634
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It IS allowed by the rules though, but I don't think that Ooarai has the funds to create a tank from scratch (they barely had enough funds for the Hetzer conversion). Some of the other schools can likely do this though, and I wouldn't be too surprised if Black Forest actually has a Maus idling in their garage at this point.

It's too bad that the year cutoff disallows some of the funkier French concepts like the ELC AMX... Bet that the Automotive club would LOVE that one.
It is better to give ELC AMX to volleyball team. It should fit their style.
Old 2013-01-02, 22:12   Link #3635
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldw View Post
If they were fighting a bunch of nincompoops that would work fine, but no such luck on that part even with Anzio, let alone Kuromine...

The Volleyball team deserved to use the Chi-Nu instead of those gamer otaku, that still pisses me off.
Yah, I hate the idea that just give new/better tanks to newer member who just joined while the older member just driving old/scrappy tank. And the Otaku team just lost Chi-Nu in stupid way despite it saved the flag tank by lucky.
Old 2013-01-02, 22:17   Link #3636
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Images
hana drink

Old 2013-01-02, 22:25   Link #3637
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Yah, I hate the idea that just give new/better tanks to newer member who just joined while the older member just driving old/scrappy tank. And the Otaku team just lost Chi-Nu in stupid way despite it saved the flag tank by lucky.
I think it was because it was too much short notice, as the Chi-nu was found literally a day before the finals match. That's too short a time to get used to a new tank, especially since the Volleyball team took a while getting used to their Type 89 (remember, even before the match with Pravda, they STILL had questions on their tank's functions).
Old 2013-01-02, 22:28   Link #3638
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

But still better than all new otaku team who even don't touch a tank before and they also need time to learn how to drive and fighiting in a tank. Volley team despite will need sometime to used to Chi-Nu, but at least they drived a tank they will get familiar quicker. That why all test pilots/drivers are veteran.
Old 2013-01-02, 22:51   Link #3639
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The volleyball team needs something to go with their spirit of "GUTS!" The Type 89 takes guts to race around in a tank vs. tank fight, especially when there is nothing your gun can do against the enemy tanks.

What kind of tank fits the "guts" the volleyball tea, shows us? They seem to need something small and manuverable since that is what they've been doing since the fight with St. Glorianna. But they really need a gun on their new tank that can at least hurt someone (anyone). That 57mm gun they got will do jack against pretty much every tank they've encounted to date (save maybe the Italian tankette).
Old 2013-01-02, 22:59   Link #3640
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Small profile, good enough speed, good gun? Given the limitations, I can think of the Crusader (this despite how bitter I am with its performance on my team in WoT, but that's a personal concern), but that's the domain of St. Gloriana.

It's kind of a moot point though, as Anzu already mentioned they don't have enough funds for a new tank, or time to retrain the Volleyball team for their new acquisition.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks