AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-03, 20:46   Link #21
Kai1
watashi wa L desu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question
And with the holy grail destroyed, thats it, no more servants blah blah blah, so even if a OVA or such was made after the events in the anime series, it would be missing the main point of the show.
But the holy grail was also destroyed in the previous war, the one where shirou's father was a Master. There is always a new war every 60 years just the fifth one started prematurely. I wouldn't say "that's it" just because the holy grail is destroyed.

But I do agree since they amalgamated all 3 storylines in the one anime (although 90% was just the Fate storyline), it'll be hard to create a sequel. But who knows, there is always a way.
Kai1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 00:12   Link #22
Question
Crossdresser

The difference is this time the GREATER holy grail was destroyed, ending the servant system totally.
Question is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 15:13   Link #23
Zishi

Well, it was a very good series. Animation, fights, the drama and the romance was good. I hope to see an OVA or a movie to this series. The end was... pretty bad. Maybe I should call it dissapointing...
Zishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 21:46   Link #24
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question

You cant have them make another scenario from the game because you already have 3 amalgated into one(Very well done btw).
I disagree with this. The anime was 95% fate storyline with a couple of hints of UMB and HF throw in. They could easliy make a anime of the other storylines have no problems at all.

I would personally love the animated ver of the HF storyline. Either the good ending which would lead right into HA or the sad ending with Sakura waiting for Shirou would be acceptable as well.
Old 2006-08-06, 04:50   Link #25
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker
If that's the worst of it, then it doesn't look like those of us that hadn't played the games were missing out on any important details... I wouldn't have guessed that she was using a body enhancing spell, nor would I have guessed that she were a martial artist (especially after she completely failed to keep up with that teacher), but I just figured that Tohsaka is in an anime character and that gravity sometimes doesn't count for anything in anime.
Not the worst of it.

The worst of it is how, for example, Servants never figure anything out about the Holy Grail. Or how the whole summoning between Archer and Rin "failed", as Rin put it. Or how Saber started to train Shirou. Or even more dialogues between Archer and Shirou.

Stuff like that.
Old 2006-08-08, 20:36   Link #26
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
Ztrik, there was hardly any romance. I don't think we see any clear romance until the end, and that was very little.

Shirou will most likely see Saber in the future. There better be an OVA

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
yellowkaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-08, 23:07   Link #27
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel
Not the worst of it.

The worst of it is how, for example, Servants never figure anything out about the Holy Grail. Or how the whole summoning between Archer and Rin "failed", as Rin put it. Or how Saber started to train Shirou. Or even more dialogues between Archer and Shirou.

Stuff like that.
Again, it never really bothered me. I would have liked to have known why the Holy Grail was created in the first place, but we find out what it is. With the failed summoning, I just figured that Tohsaka wasn't powerful enough to summon Saber... that Saber was "out of her league" so to speak. And we know that Shirou wanted to take care of the fighting, so Saber trained him to boost his confidence and hopefully give him the training that he needed to hold his own in combat.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 06:25   Link #28
mlai

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq
Ztrik, there was hardly any romance. I don't think we see any clear romance until the end, and that was very little.
There was romance. Starting from eps.2 there was romance.
Ppl don't just jump at each other proclaiming love at first sight in a TV series (at least the good ones). Everything in drama is downhill beginning at the fulfillment of love. It's why it is left at the story's conclusion. It's why sequels typically suck.
Everything, big and small, that led up to the pair's final proclamations, is considered romance.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 20:00   Link #29
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Good anime but lack of character insight kills the story. What made the game story so epic is the insights and their inner talk when facing the circumstances. Shirou is very likeable in game since readers have a chance to look into his head and mind while fighting for his survival. The anime did not have enough of such insights.

Many things about character never explained in the anime. Way too many. The fight scene between Archer and Lancer should be more epic, but they got lazy in it.

Berserker and Caster arc is weak link in the story. Not to mention puzzling art quality drop downs.
Old 2006-08-09, 20:21   Link #30
Moon Eclipse

They tried too do too many things at once. They should have just stuck to a single story line and made 3 series dedicated to each >.>;;
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-10, 20:49   Link #31
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer
^ I agree with the above poster, we are missing alot of story gaps and the romance was kind of bad... just out of the blue. Ova should come out for this to clear some stuff up.
slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-12, 20:18   Link #32
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

It seems that I always end up watching the animes after they've long aired and are things of the past. I've been lurking around these forums for a while now and despite the fact I've been spoiled endlessly for weeks, I've only finished watching Fate/Stay Night today.

Now lets keep in mind I didn't play the game. But overall, it was a pretty decent, maybe above average anime. The story started slow at first... so naturally, it was rushed towards the end. Still they were able to squeeze in enough air time for most characters and servants (the sad exceptions being sakura and lancer... truly the underdeveloped duo of the show).
The battle scenes were great, at least most of them. Excellent animation there, and the music that played along with some was divine. But there were also some poorly animated episodes... guess it can't be perfect.

As most anime I watch, Fate/Stay night's ending was bad. Not in the sense character's ended up badly, but rather that the last episode was lame. Saber vs Gilgamesh was all about them shouting "Excalibur!!" and "Enuma Elish!!" until the other side gave up. Neither did.. so since they were running out of time, Shirou had to pull another of his already famous stunts to save the day. And thus the day was saved, the bad guys defeated (I never liked Gilgamesh or his master, whatever his name was) and the loli saved. Yay. Then we had the usual "life returns to normal" time before the ending credits... overall pretty disappointing final, but good anime nonetheless.

Though it had one major flaw... there just wasn't enough Sakura.

Thanks for reading =P
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-13, 09:34   Link #33
Blaster

It was a really good anime. The storyline was great. Concept is different from the usual anime.

The only downside is it feels rushed. Very rushed. Let's take Caster's episode for example. You need to do some 'homework' on Caster's background. Most characters don't have a lot of development. Luckily they gave Shirou and Saber enough development before the ending. The last few episodes, which was mainly on Shirou and Saber, set the stage for the final ending.

I believe it would have been much better if they gave it 3-5 more episodes.
Blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 06:19   Link #34
asincuka

this is really a good anime..

never thought that fate is this good before i watch it..
buat the ending is really really sad to me (T_T)

the episode that i really love is episode 14 when archer fought with berseker maybe i give perfect 10 to that episode
asincuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 02:18   Link #35
saner

Why almost all anime, I watched, are sad, for example: Fate, Berserk, NGE, Kimi, Elfen Lied, etc. , maybe I just choose only sad anime to watch

The ending was unclear, does Shirou want to find new love? I don't get it.
saner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-16, 08:50   Link #36
mlai

Shirou is not thinking about "new love" at the end. He's thinking about continuing to pursue his ideals at becoming a "protector of justice." His time with Saber has solidified his personal goal of becoming a (super)hero and protecting the weak and oppressed.

The "public service" poster in the beginning of the series was foreshadowing. In his adult life, Shirou joined the military as the best way to fulfill his ideals. However, in Archer's timeline, everything backfired at him and he became cynical and bitter, and died young (I don't think Archer is more than 30).

No matter what timeline, though, I think Shirou dies young, like his stepfather. Heroes don't live long.

Edit: This is info from the game, which can be read from sites like Mirror Moon.

Last edited by mlai; 2006-08-16 at 10:48.
Old 2006-08-16, 09:58   Link #37
saner

Thanks, where did you read about it? Did you play computer games?
Old 2006-08-16, 10:47   Link #38
mlai

I think there was no way the anime plot could incorporate all 3 scenarios *fully* and still remain comprehensible. However, I think the series could have benefitted from having 2-4 more episodes, and using the extra afforded room to do this:

1. Decide that the anime should have some major scenario changes for the UBW and H's F aspects, while the main scenario, Fate, remains the same.

2. Scrap the current anime's limited attempts of incorporating UBW and H's F. We know Archer/Rin/Sak were woefully underrepresented in the current anime forms of these "side scenarios." Re-do them, in one incorporated side story, featuring these 3. Shirou, although a main character in these scenarios in the game, stays out of them here.

3. Archer doesn't die in eps 14, because he never had any development. He can lose an arm here or something.

4. Caster kidnaps Sak, but her plans for Sak go awry due to the awakening of Angra Mainyu inside Sak unbeknownst to her. At this point, Shirou and Rin separate into separate quests/storylines. Shirou goes after Caster because she's a public menace. Rin/Archer goes after Sak and also confronts Zouken/T. Assassin.

5. What this accomplishes: The Rin/Sak connection is developed fully, and will actually have a point in the story as Rin confronts Zouken and brings an end to the old villain's machinations, brings the 2 families back together, so she can finally be with her sister again. Anime Archer's motivations would be different from game Archer's, but the general theme can be the same...

6. Archer's general theme is regret, and a wish to do things over, even if it meant self-annihilation. In the game it was directed at Shirou. In the anime, it could be directed at Rin. Perhaps in his timeline, his younger self failed to protect her and she died. And he's back to do it right. However, while Rin is affectionate towards young Shirou, her true feelings became directed at Archer. And as he disappeared with a smile (perhaps sacrifices himself during battle with Zouken/T. Assassin), her regret is that he is not the real, available Shirou, but rather a temporary Shirou that might have been.

7. Shirou/Saber's arc with Caster and Gil/Kotomine remains largely unchanged.
Old 2006-08-16, 12:38   Link #39
saner

Ending was good. Shirou has got clear purpose - he just want to be with Saber. Unluckily Rin and Sakura love Shirou who won't quit looking for Saber.

Edit:
Spoiler for anime/game:
Old 2006-08-16, 13:18   Link #40
mlai

1. I'm not talking about a 2nd season. I'm talking about a re-written first season.

2. The Grail's summoning of heroes is outside of linear time. Just because it no longer exists in the future doesn't mean it can't summon heroes from the future.

3. Archer made a pact with Gaia, not with the Grail. The Grail is simply a system for attaining the 3rd Magic.

4. No it wouldn't be better if Saber drunk the Grail goo.

5. Archer lost because he was up against Hercules. And Archer is not as strong as Shirou, who has Avalon.

6. He bedded Saber in the Fate scenario of the game. Twice.

7. Ironically, I don't think there is a single picture from the game where he kissed Saber. I would have thought that would be an obvious choice for game illustration.