Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2008-05-27, 20:21   Link #81
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Beaten by NightWish, but I bet he didn't actually test it!
He didn't need to... he has spent too many hours looking at the forum's code, merging threads and verifying the results.

In other news: I have extended the tag query mechanism to allow multiple tags to be searched at once. See the FAQ for some basic examples. It is very new so consider it beta. If it breaks, just send me a PM or something.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 20:51   Link #82
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Thanks to NightWish we now have the ability to search for multiple tags, so I'd like to suggest that we retire the "romantic comedy" tag in favor of the two tags romance and comedy.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 21:41   Link #83
Shana

Seems like I'm late to the party.

Well, I've been tagging some threads with tags that have recently been used. I hope everyone starts using the tag system without abussing of it, and this can get to be a better search system.

Also, I've been wondering, after the Tagging Time is done and majority of threads are tagged, I believe the Suggestions forum shouldn't be necessary. Just a thread with instructions for the Tags, and you can even get more results.

My two cents.
Old 2008-05-27, 23:16   Link #84
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

i am noticing a lot of repeats within the tags. For example, this thread alone has tagging, tags, suggestions, suggestion forum. I think we should encourage people to take a look at what tags are already there before tagging, or if it is possible to merge tags together. Don't know if this would be too much for the mods plate though.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 01:53   Link #85
NeoSam

Ooh forgot to ask... any in-appropriate tags should be reported in this thread? or PM the admins/mods about them?
Old 2008-05-28, 02:10   Link #86
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm not sure how we'll end up handling it, but I think that you should either use report post button (on some post in the thread) or else post it here.

The problem with PMing a mod is that the mod might disappear for a few hours. In that time another mod would have handled it if the problem was reported instead. The report post function is really, REALLY friendly for moderators to handle. It's like you put a problem into our communal inbox and the next mod to show up gets to see the list of all problems and take it out of the inbox or else add a comment to the report. (Or just leave it for the next mod to handle if it involves a show we aren't watching.) We like reports.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-28, 02:22   Link #87
NeoSam

I think I'll post about it here, since that gives any other user the opportunity to dis-agree (maybe he/she thinks that tag is appropriate for that thread).
Old 2008-05-28, 02:57   Link #88
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Also, I've been wondering, after te Tagging Time is done and majority of threads are tagged, I believe the Suggestions forum shouldn't be necessary. Just a thread with instructions for the Tags, and you can even get more results.

My two cents.
I don't believe that to be the case at all. For once, the suggestions forum allows for personal input. People like personal input from others. Secondly, most people truly don't seem very sure about what exactly they are looking for (Here is the list of what i have watched and liked, suggest something similar). It also allows one to ask for more specific plot details or unorthodox elements within a show that wouldn't be covered by general tags. So no, introducing the tag system (which is basically and advanced search system without the flexibility a human response can provide) would not render the Suggestions forum obsolete. The functions of the two are not as directly interchangeable as it might seem at first glance.
Old 2008-05-28, 03:02   Link #89
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Regarding tagging threads in the Suggestion Forum, I must say that it's quite redundant. What the use of tagging "mature" and "romance" in a thread that is entitled, "Looking for mature/romance anime"? However, I don't think it's any harm to use tags excessively if they're not stupid like "pwn" or "epic fail." Unless a tag is counter-productive in some way, then let people tag what they want.

And yeah, the Suggestions forum wouldn't be obsolete. Most of the threads I post there have specific requests, not just mere "Need yuri plz."

After all, I do support putting the Tags bar below the quick reply box.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 03:21   Link #90
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Can anyone really enlighten me with the tagging in Nanoha image thread please >_< .. I mean "Translation please?" o_O .. It is really needed?

Also, I suggest removing the images tag on every image threads.. its redundant
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 03:23   Link #91
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That's a pretty pointless tag indeed and I know who did it. I got rid of that stupidity. In future, when posting about stupid tags here, please link to thread. It is a big time saver.

And image tags belong on image threads. That way someone can search for the tag "images" and see all the image threads in one place. That's the whole point of tags.

Old 2008-05-28, 03:37   Link #92
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

In my defense.. all image threads have images already in its title, so its redundant (the way I see it)

And sorry for not linking the stupid tag thread >.< .. I'll keep that in mind.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 03:39   Link #93
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
That's a pretty pointless tag indeed and I know who did it. I got rid of that stupidity. In future, when posting about stupid tags here, please link to thread. It is a big time saver.

And image tags belong on image threads. That way someone can search for the tag "images" and see all the image threads in one place. That's the whole point of tags.
I believe "Enka" and "Kyouka-sama" are considered unneeded tags?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58275

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 03:43   Link #94
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I believe "Enka" and "Kyouka-sama" are considered unneeded tags?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=58275
Yeah. It's just dumb to tag by character names. Those are removed also now.

Old 2008-05-28, 03:50   Link #95
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Have fun with this one......

http://forums.animesuki.com/tags.php?tag=crack
Old 2008-05-28, 03:52   Link #96
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Someone tagged the Kure-nai thread as "loli"... with all the misconceptions that word can bring up. It can make an already (unfairly) unpopular anime even less popular, and for the wrong reasons

Seriously, there needs to be some sort of moderation. We can't keep on doing this every single day.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 04:10   Link #97
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Seriously, there needs to be some sort of moderation. We can't keep on doing this every single day.
I think I'll do something about that tomorrow. 'Till then the disorder will be allowed to grow. We're still learning about the errors people make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yeah, that thread has crack, khrack, shiny crack, corruption and blooming insanity. It's more like editorial comments than search tags.

Quote:
Someone tagged the Kure-nai thread as "loli"... with all the misconceptions that word can bring up. It can make an already (unfairly) unpopular anime even less popular, and for the wrong reasons
It might be misleading, but I don't think it is actually wrong.

Old 2008-05-28, 04:25   Link #98
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Someone tagged the Kure-nai thread as "loli"... with all the misconceptions that word can bring up.
I was lectured in the Zettai Karen Children thread the other day that the word "loli" is just a synonym to "young female anime character" having no sexual connotations whatsoever. So no misconceptions could possibly be brought up.

Actually, I agree with you, WanderingKnight but I predict an uphill battle.
Old 2008-05-28, 04:32   Link #99
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Of course loli has sexual connotations and anyone who says otherwise is either foolish or messing with you.

And yes, both ZKC and Kurenai have sexual overtones involving young girls although the sexuality of children is not the focus of either show. Anyway, this thread is not a good place for a discussion of that sort.

Old 2008-05-28, 05:56   Link #100
cyth
Banned

Quote:
And yes, both ZKC and Kurenai have sexual overtones involving young girls although the sexuality of children is not the focus of either show. Anyway, this thread is not a good place for a discussion of that sort.
Then don't make one-sided statements then call it quits. ZKC has completely desexualized the three main characters. Loli is an affectionate English term for young girls, it may or may not have sexual connotations, much like is the case with moe. ~_~
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feedback, forum upgrade, tags