AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 01:07   Link #181
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
Lelouch is now an idea, so if his child took over, that is if he did have a child, then that child could take over as the idea, that Lelouch was. In other words, we could see Lelouch's characteristics in that child.
I like it. It makes the most sense if the series wants to pick up from where it left off. All we need to figure out who bore Lelouch's baby?

An alternative retelling makes sense the most considering that's how Gundam franchise has thrived. If people in Sunrise wants to turn Code Geass into a franchise also, then that's the approach they will take. This announcement for the manga seems to indicative of such route. They are thinking long term. Code Geass fans, prepare to give them your wallet.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:09   Link #182
Kuroshinobu

The art style is definately different, but not in a bad way. I wonder who's arm that is... the robotic one that is. From the looks of it, the long black-haired male resembles Lelouch, he also has a symbol on his cape. The symbol is identical to the Black Knights' if I remember correctly.

The other person resembles Suzaku, but that's really all I can find out about the image with a quick scan. Anyone else have anything interesting to add?
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:13   Link #183
aquamarineAngel
being 1 with 0

Send a message via MSN to aquamarineAngel
Yeah---no I got nothing.
I'm too transfixed at the fact that I'm seeing a Suzako... :O
But it's relevant to my interests.

sig by ♠ yours truly ♠
Livejournal | Twitter | Myanimelist
aquamarineAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:13   Link #184
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
The art style is definately different, but not in a bad way. I wonder who's arm that is... the robotic one that is. From the looks of it, the long black-haired male resembles Lelouch, he also has a symbol on his cape. The symbol is identical to the Black Knights' if I remember correctly.

The other person resembles Suzaku, but that's really all I can find out about the image with a quick scan. Anyone else have anything interesting to add?
Switch the images. It's the Suzaku look-alike's arm.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:13   Link #185
Lummie

I dislike the fact that the girl looks like a cheap C.C. ripoff. I would've wished that they would have given her a other design. I like the character though with the long black hair, and that cyborgarm just plainly looks very weird to me. Not an arm you'd walk with into any shop/school without emberassment.
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:14   Link #186
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Newtype January issue announced a new manga series to be serialized on Shonen Ace magazine

props to dtshyk
any guess this might be nightmare or something to be anime?

if it's history of geass timeline will be alter of different story or REMAKE/REBOOt to SAVED geass series.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:14   Link #187
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Would a;; this hype and being on the website make this an official manga alternate retelling instead of another random one like we have had 4 times so far, though?

Because, I'll be honest, I hated the Lelouch and Suzaku mangas, and while I liked the concept of Nightmare of Nunnally, I just couldn't get into it. I also disliked the novels. I never read that other manga set in the past but I hear mixed and negative things about it.

So that is mostly why I am disappointed. I feel like we have seen this all before. Now we've got robotic arm [Suzaku] in a new AU manga? Who wants to put money on there not being Knightmares in this manga? OR THE PEOPLE TURN INTO THE KNIGHTMARES?!

I dunno, this could be epic. But I'm one step closer to a cynical viewpoint than I was a few minutes ago.

Still, multiple works, right? We know what the manga is. We still have "music, product development, and video works" to figure out... and those last two don't even make sense. So, I'm still excited. haha
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:17   Link #188
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
Would a;; this hype and being on the website make this an official manga alternate retelling instead of another random one like we have had 4 times so far, though?

Because, I'll be honest, I hated the Lelouch and Suzaku mangas, and while I liked the concept of Nightmare of Nunnally, I just couldn't get into it. I also disliked the novels. I never read that other manga set in the past but I hear mixed and negative things about it.

So that is mostly why I am disappointed. I feel like we have seen this all before. Now we've got robotic arm [Suzaku] in a new AU manga? Who wants to put money on there not being Knightmares in this manga? OR THE PEOPLE TURN INTO THE KNIGHTMARES?!

I dunno, this could be epic. But I'm one step closer to a cynical viewpoint than I was a few minutes ago.

Still, multiple works, right? We know what the manga is. We still have "music, product development, and video works" to figure out... and those last two don't even make sense. So, I'm still excited. haha
& besides i look at counter manga & besides it like this suzaku + lancalot suit = kamen rider lancalot.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:18   Link #189
ncrushx

@SelfDestruct

Chill Pill

They just started the new project, it might not even come through.
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:21   Link #190
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrushx View Post
@SelfDestruct

Chill Pill

They just started the new project, it might not even come through.
Eh? I'm quite calm.

I think whatever they show in this issue of NewType is going to happen, though. It's not like these are early sketches of a prototype idea. This is the new project.

Or at least one aspect of it. I'm holding out to see what else there is going to be.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:22   Link #191
Kuroshinobu

We'll just have to wait until the magazine is out. Was it December 10th, around there yeah? Hopefully there will be more information that has something to do with the "video works."
Old 2009-12-07, 01:23   Link #192
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
We'll just have to wait until the magazine is out. Was it December 10th, around there yeah? Hopefully there will be more information that has something to do with the "video works."
We just found out what is in it, the new manga. They may have announced more we don't know about yet, but the main focus seems to be the manga. Those two scans above are from the magazine.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:25   Link #193
ncrushx

Quote:

Zero said:

This is a new genesis ... the day of rebirth. Today, Geass has reached a new stage. You will be cast a NEW Geass soon. Hope, wait and desire it enthusiastically.
Don't forget. Geass is like a wish. If you wish, Geass will...
Anybody overthinking this way too much?
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:25   Link #194
Kuroshinobu

Huh, I thought "video works" would mean an anime. Ho hum... that's upsetting.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:25   Link #195
aquamarineAngel
being 1 with 0

I'm wondering if they're trying to make Suzaku get more facetime... and thus trying to make him more likeable in the eyes of the anti-Suza group.

sig by ♠ yours truly ♠
Old 2009-12-07, 01:27   Link #196
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
They should release some teaser trailers. Honestly, the last time I was this hyped was when Grand Theft Auto 4 was declared. Now, it is Code Geass. Hopefully they make a good sequel, with lot's of twists, and turns, with character development. This has more potential than a Death Note sequel in which two great protagonist's died.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:28   Link #197
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
They should make Suzaku more mature and likable. He was only a teenager in Code Geass.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 01:29   Link #198
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

All that is announced so far is a manga. You can't have good trailers for a manga. Let's wait and see if there if more to this, but I'd say we should all start emotionally readying ourselves for the news that there is no new anime coming.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:29   Link #199
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
They should release some teaser trailers. Honestly, the last time I was this hyped was when Grand Theft Auto 4 was declared. Now, it is Code Geass. Hopefully they make a good sequel, with lot's of twists, and turns, with character development. This has more potential than a Death Note sequel in which two great protagonist's died.
The only thing is if this was indeed the major project indicated and announced during the event on Lelouch's birthday, the only possible reoccuring is C.C., and that's if this isn't an alternate universe. I somehow doubt it's the same universe too.
Old 2009-12-07, 01:31   Link #200
aquamarineAngel
being 1 with 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct View Post
All that is announced so far is a manga. You can't have good trailers for a manga. Let's wait and see if there if more to this, but I'd say we should all start emotionally readying ourselves for the news that there is no new anime coming.
So what does "video works" mean then?
/sob

sig by ♠ yours truly ♠

Tags
drama, mecha