AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-14, 07:09   Link #9521
revenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Nope not everything has an exeption, its not the government who bans the sister/brother getting married its the society/religion/its people beliefs!
I didn't mean incest but in-universe government regulations about exceptional magicians obligation of providing offspring as an exception here. Actually I don't want to start arguing over incest here, I still remember pretty well oreimo threads here and on /a/.
Old 2014-01-14, 07:47   Link #9522
Waxman

The serie will likely cover only till the end of the third year, so an open ending regarding the relationship of the siblings is possible i gess.
Still its pretty early for marriage discussions (though i know i am the one who sort of brought this up).
As a speculation, isn't about time for new bad guys, like the new Soviet Union, its strategic magician was movilized after the Yokohama invasion and if i remember right they killed "Cardinal George" family right?
Old 2014-01-14, 08:05   Link #9523
black_cat1

The series has a great potential so I don't think it will stop after they graduate. There are a lot of questions that still not be answered like Yotsuba vs Saegusa, Kudou. Yotsuba vs No Head Dragon, magician vs normal, Japan vs the world etc.
Old 2014-01-14, 08:11   Link #9524
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
The series has a great potential so I don't think it will stop after they graduate. There are a lot of questions that still not be answered like Yotsuba vs Saegusa, Kudou. Yotsuba vs No Head Dragon, magician vs normal, Japan vs the world etc.
I read this from bakatsuki

Quote:
The web novel consisted of only 6 web chapters written covering the First Year arc, and the author has already planned for a total of 15 web chapters to cover the entire three years of Magic High School. As of August 2011, web chapter 1 has been been compiled into volumes 1 and 2, and as of December 2011, web chapter 2 has been compiled into volumes 3 and 4.

The author expects the series to be compiled into a total of 20 to 25 volumes (ie. if Dengeki allows him to finish the series) [SOURCE: Author's tweet on 6-Nov-2011, #dengeki_mahouka]

But you may hope Author changes ending due to popularity.
Similar with Shingeki no Kyojin's mangaka.
Old 2014-01-14, 10:04   Link #9525
goblehook

I believe the relationship between Tatsuya and Maya will be very intense in their third year. As it is the last year before they will be considered adult.

This is their final phase of determining whether one is a threat to the interest of the other or not.
Old 2014-01-14, 10:09   Link #9526
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I'm just going to say that I'm banking on Tatsuya and Miyuki becoming a couple sooner than later in the story: I'd say around volumes 15-17. Maybe around the middle or the end of the second year.
Old 2014-01-14, 12:37   Link #9527
EvI

i belive that the author could create a new novel that happens on the same world that this one but in the future to pick up things he didn't managed to put in 20-25 volumes (hell this is a lot already, i wonder if he'll leave anything behind), just like the author of SAO and AW.
with new protagonist and new girls, that'll be interesting ^^ (i 'm not the type to have in the same world 2 protagonists or 1 protagonist disappears or is taking care of his own life for the other one be in spotlight but i could make a exception in this novel since it's limited to his school days only...)
Old 2014-01-14, 13:40   Link #9528
Wandering Soul

Hey I was just reading this thread when a question came to my head why is it that only the USNA did anything to find out the identity of the matter to energy converter? After something like scorched Halloween I actually surprised that more countries aren't making a effort to find a magician responsible for it. Its possible that any other countries are being more discrete about it I was just wondering why other countries don't seem to be as interested in such a powerful magic.
Old 2014-01-14, 14:42   Link #9529
Ultragunner

IIRC, Maya said USNA had figured out the "explosion" was caused by matter=>engergy conversion and magic was involved, this hints that the USNA had the head start and decided to move first while other countries were still in diplomatic talk with Japan
Old 2014-01-14, 14:43   Link #9530
iCloudz7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Hey I was just reading this thread when a question came to my head why is it that only the USNA did anything to find out the identity of the matter to energy converter? After something like scorched Halloween I actually surprised that more countries aren't making a effort to find a magician responsible for it. Its possible that any other countries are being more discrete about it I was just wondering why other countries don't seem to be as interested in such a powerful magic.
It was because the USNA was researching about Material Convertion before Tatsuya made use of it... So that and to Introduce us to Lina... (Though the Great Asian Alliance dont have the power to investigate anymore, South America is divided by many powers in conflict and I dont know about Europe they should introduce something from them in the future....)
Old 2014-01-14, 18:59   Link #9531
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
The USNA is a superpower. Their intelligence gathering capabilities and espionage operations are a cut above other countries. As a result, they were the few, if not the only ones, who managed to narrow down the list of suspects to Tatsuya, Miyuki, and a handful of individuals. Other countries can't even start without suspects.
Old 2014-01-14, 19:12   Link #9532
Waxman

Still it would be nice if a move by the New Soviet Union ended in a clash between Tatsuya and Dr. Igor Andreevich "The Igniter" Bezobrazov.
Not because both are Strategic Class Magicians but because the doctor is a scientist in the Soviet Academy of Science, a battle between fellows Mad Scientists appeal to me.
Old 2014-01-14, 19:15   Link #9533
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Still it would be nice if a move by the New Soviet Union ended in a clash between Tatsuya and Dr. Igor Andreevich "The Igniter" Bezobrazov.
Not because both are Strategic Class Magicians but because the doctor is a scientist in the Soviet Academy of Science, a battle between fellows Mad Scientists appeal to me.
It's for that exact reason that I doubt it'll happen. The guy sounds more like a nerd than a soldier.
Old 2014-01-16, 14:33   Link #9534
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
It's for that exact reason that I doubt it'll happen. The guy sounds more like a nerd than a soldier.
But tatsuya is also a nerd.
Old 2014-01-16, 14:46   Link #9535
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbo3d View Post
But tatsuya is also a nerd.
He's been trained since he was a child, by a ninja master, and he's part of an elite magical battalion. He's smart and strong. It's a combination you rarely see these days. Nerd means smart and weak. We don't know if this Igor went through any military training. It's doubtful since he spends his time as a scholar in some academy.

Besides, we just had a match between Tatsuya and Lina. Another match between Strategic-class magicians would be pushing it.
Old 2014-01-16, 15:01   Link #9536
Ultragunner

come on, you guys still want to see Strategic-magicians throw highly destructive magic at one another? . Despite being walking nukes, they are not necessarily strong in personel combat (Mio is the most obvious). In the case of Lina, she has Brionac that actually allows her to use Heavy Metal Burst in a small and controlled manner (there is no guarantee that others cannot do this though).

But if the Russian guy is a genius scientist, then it is indeed interesting to see Tatsuya clashes with him, intellectually that is
Old 2014-01-16, 15:05   Link #9537
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
come on, you guys still want to see Strategic-magicians throw highly destructive magic at one another? . Despite being walking nukes, they are not necessarily strong in personel combat (Mio is the most obvious). In the case of Lina, she has Brionac that actually allows her to use Heavy Metal Burst in a small and controlled manner (there is no guarantee that others cannot do this though).

But if the Russian guy is a genius scientist, then it is indeed interesting to see Tatsuya clashes with him, intellectually that is
If Strategic-magicians go to battle, the only thing I could envision is a large portion of a map being redrawn...
Old 2014-01-16, 15:42   Link #9538
Chris38

Well, on the topic of strategic class magicians personally I would like to learn more about the magicians who unofficially belong to this class - naturally, apart from Tatsuya - rather then be introduced to another one of the 12 apostles.

I would also like to know ... how the magicians in the Mahouka world, know the approximate number of strategic class magicians, considering the fact, that most of them, are being hidden by the various countries that they where born in.

After all, I believe that something like that would be a little more interesting, at least to me, compared to being introduced to another one of the 12 apostles.
Old 2014-01-16, 18:47   Link #9539
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
If Strategic-magicians go to battle, the only thing I could envision is a large portion of a map being redrawn...
If by "redrawn" you mean "shaded blue/black" instead...
Old 2014-01-16, 19:56   Link #9540
Waxman

Why its mass destruction the first thing you think of?.
As a matter of fact i wasn't suggesting a match between strategic class magicians but a fight between mad scientists, we all have seem Tatsuya and his friends take on trained troops and win with ease, and so far the only thing that the "bad guys" have to counter magicians its antinite and high speed rifles, but what if they suddenly appear with misterious and really advanced equipment that forces Tatsuya to equip his friends and so maybe revealing his status as Silver.
@Chris38 I don't remember exactly where it was written that there were 50 or so candidates/suspects of beign strategic class magicians or can become one in the future, like Masaki. Its possible that the 50 only include Japanese magicians i suppose but surely they were talking in a more global stage.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings