2. Naruto
3. Lucky Star
Old 2008-02-09, 09:56   Link #322
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
the reason why i am putting it here, though i still intend on watching the rest of the show...
the boobies seem to fly in every most unlikely direction.. the screen shots on random curiousity show some strange stances int he action scenes -_-

Why are you guys talking about some stuff are not suitable for younger ages Like you talking about 'boobs X3, boobs and bush!' (quote references in 'Knocked Up') or something like that since gravion series. Very Funny about that. I've been watchin Gravion before because of the Super Sentai elements in it. BTW, what i mean is 'K-Sicko' i mean Tachibana Kazuki who have been nominated for the 'Worst hated character Ever' in Dubious Honor Award.
Old 2008-02-10, 13:31   Link #323
oompa loompa

mm i thought bebop was ok.. just not wayy up there
on one of the streaming sites (err.. i dont think im supposed to quote) kaze no stigma got a 4.9/5 with 1300 ratings. i thought it sucked quite a bit
Old 2008-02-11, 02:37   Link #324
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
mm i thought bebop was ok.. just not wayy up there
on one of the streaming sites (err.. i dont think im supposed to quote) kaze no stigma got a 4.9/5 with 1300 ratings. i thought it sucked quite a bit
crunchroll? If it is, then I advise you never to take a single thing on that site seriously, not to mention the video quality is downright terrible, making Air's sky and scenery, Seirei no Moribito's fight scenes, and all aspects of 5 Centimeters per Second drop down to the level of Soul Link, Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica, and Naruto (though it's here out of spite, the animation is still weak.) The users on the site also spout utter nonsense and rate likewise.
Though I'm only making a conjecture from the fact that crunchyroll is the only site I know of that allows mass user ratings where each anime has 4.5 or greater, I'm quite sure that it is crunchyroll you speak of.

Continuing, neither Kaze no Stigma and Dragonaut are "Anime that everyone seems to like", Kaze no Stigma has relatively few fans and little recognition, and Dragonaut has a good deal of recognition for being an epid failure.
Old 2008-02-12, 14:33   Link #325
ginko51

Most popular animes. Most people have bad taste as far as anime is concerned.
Old 2008-02-12, 14:38   Link #326
roninhobbit
Roboguzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endow View Post
Most popular animes. Most people have bad taste as far as anime is concerned.
Examples?

Instead of saying 'most people' have bad taste in enjoying popular anime, wouldn't it be more fair to say you just have a different taste than them? People appreciate anime differently. Not everything has to be an epic mind-bending spiritual journey to be 'good'. Sometimes it can just be a ten minute conversation on how to eat a chocolate cornet.
Old 2008-02-12, 15:00   Link #327
Phantasmagoria
*Author

I am quite sure one of the examples will be Naruto
One whole episode deciphering the content of the book.
Old 2008-02-12, 15:04   Link #328
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Furi Kuri. I tried to get it, but I didn't, which leads me to thinking that I got all of it, but it just didn't make sense.
Old 2008-02-12, 16:15   Link #329
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
I personally didn't like Twelve Kingdoms terribly much.

Cosign. Not that I hate it, but it just didn't do anything for me.

And for all the people saying Naruto and Bleach... at this point, can you really say everyone seems to like them?

Just in this thread, lots of people already said they hate them. I don't think they qualify anymore.

IMO, both had good potential, but never realized their potential. And at this point, they are so mediocre it is time to give up on them ever reaching what potential they used to have.
Old 2008-02-13, 03:45   Link #330
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
Cosign. Not that I hate it, but it just didn't do anything for me.

And for all the people saying Naruto and Bleach... at this point, can you really say everyone seems to like them?

Just in this thread, lots of people already said they hate them. I don't think they qualify anymore.

IMO, both had good potential, but never realized their potential. And at this point, they are so mediocre it is time to give up on them ever reaching what potential they used to have.
This thread represents the people who care enough to sign up and discuss anime on a forum. Obviously, the many more numerous casual watchers of anime infamous for their Naruto, Bleach, and Fullmetal Alchemist fandom have only watched those said series, and won't really be able to contribute in a forum where True Tears, Spice and Wolf, Clannad, Shakugan no Shana, and Hayate no Gotoku are commonly discussed.
So all in all, we are not everyone, we are the otaku elite. We can all admit it.

Hmm, I've also found that a great deal of the Japanese people tend to like animes based on baseball; I faintly remember reading somewhere that Major was popular (and it now has a fourth season that no one outside of Japan watches), and another baseball themed anime was placed quite high in a poll of the best anime series of 2007. Though I'm not saying everyone likes it, who here would watch an anime about baseball? (this is not a rhetorical question. I wouldn't. And you?)
Old 2008-02-13, 03:53   Link #331
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Actually, my roommate is currently obsessed with Major. He finished the first three seasons in a single week.
Old 2008-02-13, 04:12   Link #332
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

The Melancholy of suzumiya Haruhi: Don't hate it, but the whole haruism thing is way too overrated. I did read the novels, they were enjoyable but nowhere near god-level.
IMO the whole popularity of SHnY started because one, there are cute high school girls, two, kyo-ani did it, three, the concept was unusual at the time, and four, the most important part, the ED had a easy dance to it.
Old 2008-02-13, 08:12   Link #333
patnam

Why Gurren Lagann is so famous although i'm not interest on it...
Old 2008-02-13, 08:19   Link #334
aka Providence
(; ,;) fthagn

Send a message via AIM to aka Providence Send a message via Yahoo to aka Providence
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
The Melancholy of suzumiya Haruhi: Don't hate it, but the whole haruism thing is way too overrated. I did read the novels, they were enjoyable but nowhere near god-level.
IMO the whole popularity of SHnY started because one, there are cute high school girls, two, kyo-ani did it, three, the concept was unusual at the time, and four, the most important part, the ED had a easy dance to it.
i've mentioned that i began disliking SHnY before, but i finally realize the driving point within it was the haruhism itself. i've watched many anime that had large fanbases, but the haruhi-ism thing was the really weird one.
Old 2008-02-13, 09:00   Link #335
Khaos

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Providence View Post
i've mentioned that i began disliking SHnY before, but i finally realize the driving point within it was the haruhism itself. i've watched many anime that had large fanbases, but the haruhi-ism thing was the really weird one.
I used to like SHnY very much until about 2 months ago, after I rewatched the series (in chronological order ^^). I don't know what happend, but after finishing it, lost completely interest and more I suddenly couldn't stand it anymore. Perhaps it's her abusive "I do everything and don't think about others" behaviour, perhaps the fact that the story is constructed in a way, that she must be "pampered" for the world not to end.
Old 2008-02-13, 09:47   Link #336
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Gurren-Lagann. Most boring series EVER. Sorry, but there's absolutely nothing even remotely interesting to it.

Hayate no Gotoku! isn't really that funny at all, either. That's not a good thing for a comedy series, obviously. At least it wasn't in the first 10 episodes, cause that's when I dropped watching it..(just where is Hinagiku moe?).

I also never got into Shana. It started to bore me pretty early on.

And I agree on Haruhi; she herself is reason enough to dislike the whole series. Although I don't. The fanbase can indeed be kind of irritating though, at times.
Old 2008-02-13, 10:42   Link #337
hachihachi
i've been nell-ed!

naruto and rozario + vampire
Old 2008-02-13, 11:03   Link #338
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
This thread represents the people who care enough to sign up and discuss anime on a forum. Obviously, the many more numerous casual watchers of anime infamous for their Naruto, Bleach, and Fullmetal Alchemist fandom have only watched those said series, and won't really be able to contribute in a forum where True Tears, Spice and Wolf, Clannad, Shakugan no Shana, and Hayate no Gotoku are commonly discussed.
So all in all, we are not everyone, we are the otaku elite. We can all admit it.
I might also add that you should keep in mind that we are the audience (in general) that watches the series that are newer, not dubbed in english, or possibly not released at all in the US except for fansubs through the internet. Most casual watchers of anime don't go to great lengths (i.e. searching out torrents, etc.) to find anime, but rather watch what is presented to them. This usually means what is aired on Cartoon Network, or possibly another television network channel that has anime on it (for instance at one point a PPV channel was showing the english dubbed versions of Chrono Crusade and Mirage of Blaze).
Old 2008-02-13, 17:11   Link #339
X10A_Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I'm an enthusiast.

After doing a personal field trip to Akihabara, there is no way I could associate myself with the otaku community and I doubt I'd drop by the place again.

Now, I don't hate Ah! My Goddess but the story and slice felt rather flat because Belldandy is too weak emotionally at times and this repetition made the series a bore for me.
Old 2008-02-13, 17:43   Link #340
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
I don't know if Kyoto Animation being the studio that made it had much to do with its popularity; Kyoto Animation was a pretty little-known studio before Haruhi. It was Haruhi itself that gave Kyoto Animation most of the fame they enjoy today.
Closed Thread