Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-15, 19:30   Link #241
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

Send a message via AIM to goozeygumgum
i think one piece is the best manga/anime ever!!! it has a whole bunch of fighting and the adventure makes it so cool!!!!bleach is cool too but its always the same thing a hollow the hollows never change its really annoying!!! i think they just advertise for naruto too much thats why it seems more popular than one piece!! i bet if they advertised for one piece it would be the same popular as naruto.
Old 2007-01-16, 03:42   Link #242
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by goozeygumgum View Post
i bet if they advertised for one piece it would be the same popular as naruto.
I don't think the advertisement will change anything. One Piece is too slow-paced for the kids, the major Naruto fans, to follow.
Old 2007-01-18, 01:15   Link #243
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest child View Post
animeforum.com? is that another forum?
we have other forum on da internet beside animesuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_C_L-1 View Post
^ emo = myspace

not animesuki

and yes, animeforum.com is another forum. unfortunately, 90% of its population is hyperactive 13 year olds who dont know any forum ettiquet and make millions of pointless, never ending, opinionated threads.

the other 10% is the respectable ppl and admins. unfortunately, the previous group pisses off every 1 in this 10%, so the admins become abusive E-monsters and the non-admins who get their threads closed down in infancy because a massive ammount of ADHD made a thread very vaguely relating on the subject become uptight and spiteful.

its a good place to learn how NOT to be on message boards.

well I gather my courage and step into their Naruto forum just for my curious' sake

What Would Your Own Person On Naruto Be Like?
What Hidden Village from Naruto do you want to be from?
What could you mix Naruto with?

okay

and me, I don't watch naruto/bleach/one piece at all, seen a few eps @ my anime club but that's it.. my last attempt of 100+ eps anime was Inuyasha and that was very tiredsome and too long for me to follow up. So I prefer to stick with the usual 12/24/52 eps anime format.
Old 2007-01-19, 16:29   Link #244
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nduns View Post
Yeah... One Piece battles have been classified as the best of all time. Bleach battles are pretty short in comparison and it's the same giant sword every time. In Bleach, you don't see a different attack in EVERY arc, do you? Wait, are there arcs in Bleach? I don't think I've seen any. Maybe a 2-3 part episode would count, but not likely. As for humor, OP is more fresh. It's always original and only one or two jokes are ever used countless times. Bleach, on the other hand, is much like Naruto and Inuyasha in the sense that it has a lot of running gags that come up just about all the time.

The reason for this is said to be due to the fact that Oda had more fun making OP than any other anime creator could ever have making a series. He didn't make it just for money like others, so even fillers are worth watching.
Not to mention that Bleach fights seem to end up being a matter of who has the higher reiatsu aka power level. The fights pretty much seem to dive right into the winner being a matter of power ups that either gets pulled out as the only way possible to even hurt the enemy whatsoever or general stuff that a crap load of characters can do. And the very fact that time recently in the manga has been wasted with fights against opponents that don't really matter at all whatsoever annoys me at times. Seriously, if Bleach suddenly started to actually make sense it probably would just end with the Espada just getting off their butts and completely obliterating Ichigo and his other buds, who pretty much seem to be having a bit of deja vu where they go into enemy territory without any actual planning while there being the existence of more than 5 opponents that should crush them like they were ants. Not like I really demand cold hard logic in every shonen I read but I don't need to have myself faced with occurences that don't really make much sense and the overwhelming feeling that main idea is to have the cliche overpowered end boss guy while the main character is made to always look right while the enemy is either just simply pure evil or stupid. The only fight I've found myself to enjoy in Bleach in quite a while was the one involving Madarame Ikkaku where you actually get to see him using his brain rather than just poping out shinkai or bankai right at the start, the instant popping out bringing up repetitive horror flashbacks of Saint Seiya. The fights in Bleach pretty much kind of give off the deja vu feeling of sword swing after sword thing, chero blast after chero blast, ultra powerful arrow blast after arrow, etc. that really just ends up being boring

While the fights for One Piece always have that pleasing look where you feel you can into it and connects to you emotionally rather than just trying to be cool looking. Especially when it comes to Sanji, Zorro, and Luffy. Where seeing them fight is always entertaining while comedy can be fitted into their fights at the right moments, rather than this forced stuff in Bleach where you have routine that last for more half a minute when the opponent is suppose to be focused on getting rid of them as fast as possible. That, and the variety when it comes to how exactly they fight in comparison to each other, while with Bleach it doesn't seem to matter anymore whether or not the fighting form has the usage of a sword or an arrow. OVerall, I guess Bleach pretty much has decayed to that point where its clear it gets by heavily depending on a single national type setting while One Piece has that more around the world feeling that has a variety of fights and personalities without thinking about the Tokugawa Shogunate era.
Old 2007-01-21, 09:42   Link #245
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

just face it peoples one piece is da best!!!!!!!!!
and it is not slow paced at all!!!! it has the best fighting and adventure!!!!
but dragonballz beats one piece naruto and bleach in fighting!!! hands down!!!!
Old 2007-01-21, 09:59   Link #246
nduns

Quote:
Originally Posted by goozeygumgum View Post
just face it peoples one piece is da best!!!!!!!!!
and it is not slow paced at all!!!! it has the best fighting and adventure!!!!
but dragonballz beats one piece naruto and bleach in fighting!!! hands down!!!!
Ah, yes, Broly is the possibly the reason OP couldn't beat DBZ in an all-out battle.
Old 2007-01-30, 09:59   Link #247
etime

For me, OP is Best!!!
Old 2007-02-11, 00:34   Link #248
peacefulsmile

ahahh, one piece beats em all!!
Old 2007-02-15, 18:46   Link #249
puzzlestheonepieces
Banned

bleach sucks now
naruto fillers are deadly fot the soul
Old 2007-02-16, 09:11   Link #250
S_C_L-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by puzzlestheonepieces View Post
bleach sucks now
naruto fillers are deadly fot the soul
Naruto fillers are over...
Old 2007-02-16, 20:28   Link #251
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

op is still better

one piece is still better you have to face it one piece is awsome but the chapter 445

Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by monir; 2007-02-16 at 21:11. Reason: Must use clearly marked spoiler tags in this thread when divulging manga spoiler!
Old 2007-02-17, 01:51   Link #252
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Um....the chapters are always 19 pages including the cover page.

I'm enjoying the current story arc quite a bit myself. It's very refreshing after that long drudging story arc that lasted over two years (even though it was my favorite all in all).
Old 2007-02-17, 05:54   Link #253
UchihaByakuya

One piece is dewfinitely better in my book. it has comedy that doesn't bore me. Bleach and naruto are starting to get lame. Inouse bimbo attitude is really getting to me i want them to cut her off and ichigo's attitude is annoying and kon ym old favourite buddy just got boring
Old 2007-02-25, 07:59   Link #254
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

i meant 10 pages sryy in chapter 445:zombie
Old 2007-03-16, 21:36   Link #255
goozeygumgum
goozeygumgum

nobody goes on this page anymore

wo-ow!! nobodys been on cmon people start writing stuff about this manga/anime!!!!!
Old 2007-03-17, 11:26   Link #256
Dandruff
Flakey

As it was said many times before, it's less popular here in the States because of the portrayal it was given by 4Kids. My little sister who is ten years old and amongst the age group that 4Kids caters to, agrees how the dub version just really sucks and killed what made One Piece...One Piece.

She prefers subs over dubs. Probably sounds strange but One Piece actually brought us more closer and gave us a common interest. She's now expanding into other anime and manga lol
Old 2007-03-18, 02:29   Link #257
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just to add to the above post Many people dont know the diffrence between edited One Peice and One Peice . Most of the veiwers are under the impression the 4kids One Peice is the one that airs in Japan
Old 2007-03-19, 18:08   Link #258
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Just to add to the above post Many people dont know the diffrence between edited One Peice and One Peice . Most of the veiwers are under the impression the 4kids One Peice is the one that airs in Japan
Yeah that's true, but I started watching the dub at first and I knew something was wrong...After about 4 or 5 eps I knew this wasn't the show I read about and had been encouraged to watch by so many hardcore otaku's...Now the lame-o kid in me actually liked the cheezy hip-hop opening , but the generic BGM's and mind-boggling edits (Like Marine to Navy or real guns turned into mallot-guns and super-soakers) made me run with hyper-speed towards the orginal ( I mean I'm not one of these snobs that thinks all dubs suck and happen to enjoy if not tolerate many others like I would have if the One Piece dub hadn't been so glaringly bad)...
Old 2007-03-19, 22:07   Link #259
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Lol yeah I read the manga. I can never find One Piece animes. They're never consistent.
Old 2007-03-25, 01:02   Link #260
seiji_kun

I know an excellent site with almost all the one piece episodes on. Don't know tho if advertising other sites is allowed here so guess I leave it. Can send me a mail if you wanna know it tho.

Still can't believe one piece is less popular then bleach / naruto? I love the action way more in one piece then in Naruto. Naruto is just losing his flair since 160+ imo, shippuuden even seems to suck more, especially after I heared what happens in the manga.

Well guess everybody thinks the animation of naruto just kicks ass more. I mean seeing gaara fight is a threat each time. Tho I love the uniqueness that one piece is drawn in. And imo one piece has something that just pulls you in more then naruto. And at least one piece doesn't has pathetic characters like sasuke / sakura. Well usopp has his pathetic moments tho. One piece is defenitely way more funnier then bleach or naruto to.

Bleach, it's going to slow. I just want to see Ogihci like we all do and I got to agree that it seems that bleach is just repeating itself. This arancar arc really just seems to be going to be a replay of the first 60 eps.

Last edited by seiji_kun; 2007-03-25 at 01:04. Reason: spoiler mistake
Closed Thread