AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-27, 03:56   Link #1141
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Really, anyone that doesn't see that Jil used Fatina is in denial, I am not saying he did it maliciously, like Neeba did. I don't think Jil would betray any of his companions the same way that neeba did. The argument about Fatina using Jil to get over Neeba is different because during that time they were supporting each other to get past the Neeba/Kaaya's betrayal.
That word doesn't mean what you think it does. Jil didn't use Fatina. She was tagging along of her own free will. He never claimed to have a goal that was opposite of his intended ones or clearly using her emotions to keep her with him. I can't even remember how many times he gave her the option to turn back and continue on himself. It happened almost every other episode.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 03:57   Link #1142
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
Yes I have, actually. And my stance with ToL is exactly the same with Druaga:

Spoiler:

I also tend to dislike dull, clueless leads. And no, romantic school theme shows have much of the same leads: people who are so absorbed with their own crushes or whatever that they always fail to see the feelings of others right next to them. I've seen so many of them, that they just ruin any entertainment value for any game or animu that has them for me.

You ever play Tales of Vesperia? I loved that game. Sure, it had much of the same cliches as any JRPG out there, except for one thing. The main lead knew exactly what he wanted and carried out what needed to be done, and he tried carrying his burdens alone.

That's far different from Jil, who didn't have a clear goal in mind when climbing the tower in S1, while he made climbing his sole purpose in S2, very much ignoring the feelings of his companions. Sure, his companions decided to go along with him on their own, but did Jil keep their thoughts in mind? Or was he so preoccupied with catching up to Kaaya and Neeba (as well as being a clueless, stupid idiot) that he failed to realize that he was endangering his friends' lives on his own selfish quest (in the beginning anyway)?

That's like saying that a man who accidentally runs over a pedestrian is clear from guilt because he didn't intend to kill the pedestrian, and the pedestrian didn't intend to die that day. Sure, Fatina decided to go along and help Jil on her own, but Jil must to have realized that her motivations were far different from his and that she had little to NO reason being in that tower unlike he did. Just because Fatina decided to go with Jil doesn't make Jil's lack of consideration for her any less selfish.
Sigh~~ making me reply to long post.
First every situation differ base on the gravity of the consequences. Running over someone without intent is negligent driving unless the pedestrian threw himself to commit suicide than it wouldn't be negligent now would it? To apply the same principle you ask who is at fault the one driving safely doing the right thing asking for permission or the poor clingy girl that wanted to come along putting herself at risk. Yes jil should have consideration but the core of the problem isn't with Jil but Fatina who choose to come. Then lastly we ask is fatina a sound adult who can make her own decision and knew of the risk. Clearly she is capable of making her own mind up and knew about the risk, rather hard to deceive someone with knowledge and the intention to follow.
My question is simple why should jil hold responsibility for the action of others given he ask first like any naïve but good hearted hero.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:28   Link #1143
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

That ending was sooooo rushed. I was hoping for a grand finale and a GOOD reason why Neeba was going insane, but it was just a silly sibling rivalry thing after all.

Also, the animation itself was so rushed that many of the final-scenes of the characters only had a few frames of animations to them. That was really bad, even by Gonzo standards. Jeez. I hope they don't ruin Saki, the new Mahjong series..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:48   Link #1144
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

a good end to a good anime..

unless some one here think this anime suck well let leave it for the blood thirsty fan to hunt you down >_<

as for me

the slapping was a good way of saying
"that's for stealing my guy, bitch!...oh and thanks for putting me through hell with your betrayal bull" way.
And with that, all is even. by Deathzkill

about the resurrected parts

yeah i saw a lot of dead coming back like the old Gilgamesh.

and +1 to the spoon ass rape at the end part haha that was hilarious

and i doubt Jill would make kingship or rather would be a suitable king unless there is another tower dropped by the gods that is
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 06:52   Link #1145
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
a good end to a good anime..

unless some one here think yhis anime suck well let leave it for the blood thirsty fan to hunt you down >_<

as for me

the slapping was a good way of saying
"that's for stealing my guy, bitch!...oh and thanks for putting me through hell with your betrayal bull" way.
And with that, all is even. by Deathzkill

about the ressurected parts

yeah i saw a lot of dead coming back like the old Gilgamesh.

and +1 to the spoon ass rape at the end part haha that was hilarious

and i doubt Jill would make kingship or rather would be a suitable king unless there is another tower dropped by the gods that is
lol, you do know he could just marry kaaya and become king?
Old 2009-03-27, 06:55   Link #1146
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

yes i know that but will he be up for the job?

i mean look his life is like full of adventure he is not like Gil who likes to sit down and make his belly grow

Jil is more out going and wanting to be in a adventure
Old 2009-03-27, 06:59   Link #1147
BrokenWingz

Quote:

i mean look his life is like full of adventure he is not like Gil who likes to sit down and make his belly grow

to quote the previous king

Gil "I did not want to become king"
while he may not be prepare to become king, he was a noble at birth and now a hero. if he choose kaaya all this time you can easily see him becoming the next king.
Old 2009-03-27, 07:25   Link #1148
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i wonder will jil become like gil or will this experience would make him a better person and like many speculations a better king that could rule the world by using heroism
Old 2009-03-27, 10:25   Link #1149
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
i wonder will jil become like gil or will this experience would make him a better person and like many speculations a better king that could rule the world by using heroism
the main reason why gil became evil was because he lost his loved one....
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 10:28   Link #1150
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
whats with everyone talking about gil and neeba "living"?
they were spirits its pretty obvious..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 11:06   Link #1151
golthin

Quote:

so the old gil ressurected too? I need to see this lol. Another reason for Jil to choose Kaaya. She being a princess. I kind of forgot that she was a princess. Poor Fatina she had the deck stacked against her.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 12:08   Link #1152
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
so the old gil ressurected too? I need to see this lol. Another reason for Jil to choose Kaaya. She being a princess. I kind of forgot that she was a princess. Poor Fatina she had the deck stacked against her.
jil didn't know she was a princess til like around episode 20, by then it was obvious he was in love with kaaya.

l'm pretty sure l'll be buying the series now when it hits the states....so my dub cast list would look like this.....

jil= jerry jewel
kaaya= caitlin glass
ahmey= julie ann taylor
succubus= kristy pape
coopa= carrie savage
utu= jamieson price
fatina= laura baley
melt= yuri lowenthal
neeba= troy baker
ki= michelle ruff
o.o

Last edited by Manji Midou; 2009-03-27 at 12:32.
Old 2009-03-27, 12:17   Link #1153
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
~GIGGLE~

No arrogance here kind sir, just stating the truth.

Those 6 months that they lived "together"...jil was pretty much a vegetable...so not much romantic development could had been build...and l was proven right.

P.S l can't wait to be poven correct in Regios as well.

Miyako would had won Hiro's heart either way...kei had no chance once Miyako entered the picture....
Funny, you go for canon except with toradora.

But this has nothing to do with the thread.

And correct, Jil did fall for Kaaya while they were adventuring, far before we knew she was a princess.
Old 2009-03-27, 12:35   Link #1154
golthin

Quote:
jil didn't know she was a princess til like around episode 20, by then it was obvious he was in love with kaaya.

l'm pretty sure l'll be buying the series now when it hits the states....so my dub cast list would look like this.....

jil= jerry jewel
kaaya= caitlin glass
ahmey= julie ann taylor
succubus= kristy pape
coopa= carrie savage
utu= jamieson price
fatina= laura baley
melt= yuri lowenthal
neeba= troy baker
ki= michelle ruff
o.o
You are a true fan...
I would never waste my money in a show like this...
Even if Fatina had won...
hopefully this show don't sell well so gonzo can disappear from the face of the earth....
Old 2009-03-27, 13:36   Link #1155
TrueKnight

Lol wtf hilarious and kinda forced ending. Gil and Ki are alive? Neeba is alive and with Succubus both of them had a daughter? Oh well decent fight scene between Jil and Neeba. Overall a pretty enjoyable ride for me.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 14:07   Link #1156
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
You are a true fan...
I would never waste my money in a show like this...
Even if Fatina had won...
hopefully this show don't sell well so gonzo can disappear from the face of the earth....
lf my wallet allows it and l find a series enjoyable...l will purchase it and try to help out the anime community. The second season wasn't as great as the first season but all in all l got what l wanted from the series to make me wish purchase it as well....of course if it is only subbed like clannad then l won't buy it....

l'm waiting for shangri-la....thats by gonzo right?.....if yes...then l don't want them to disappear....

Quote:
Funny, you go for canon except with toradora.
Minorin was a better choice, hell even ami would had been a better choice (even though she didn't get much screen time)

Quote:
Neeba is alive and with Succubus both of them had a daughter?.
This deserves a whole heartedly

"LUL'z"
Old 2009-03-27, 18:12   Link #1157
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Lol wtf hilarious and kinda forced ending. Gil and Ki are alive? Neeba is alive and with Succubus both of them had a daughter? Oh well decent fight scene between Jil and Neeba. Overall a pretty enjoyable ride for me.
Most Gonzo's endings as of recently are anime text book cliché. the only gonzo ending that really moved me was chrno crusade and I consider that ending as the third best after Maison Ikkoku and Heroic Age.
Old 2009-03-27, 18:22   Link #1158
Renan

Hey guys it's not over yet! Episode 13 is coming up next!
Renan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 19:20   Link #1159
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renan View Post
Hey guys it's not over yet! Episode 13 is coming up next!

Is that so....?
Old 2009-03-27, 19:26   Link #1160
Josh902

Send a message via MSN to Josh902
Quote:

Is that so....?
I heard the same thing
Josh902 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg