AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-08-02, 21:01   Link #441
Used Can

Oh well, that'd be really sad indeed.
Old 2008-08-02, 21:28   Link #442
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
It's not as if Nagi likes Mikado. Actually, I can see her telling Hayate to kick her grandfather's ass.
True, Nagi is not on her Grandfather's side.

But the biggest and most dangerous problam would be which side would Hayate choose. Would he keep his promise with Nagi? Or would he return to the first girl he ever loved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
I am more speculating along the line that Hayate will have to fight Athena again if that were the case.
Possible, possible...

However, I'll be expecting a different outcome this time. I have faith that Hayate would make things right.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 22:24   Link #443
Used Can

What would making things right be, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
But the biggest and most dangerous problam would be which side would Hayate choose. Would he keep his promise with Nagi? Or would he return to the first girl he ever loved?
He'll probably be in-between. Additionally, I do not see Athena trying to harm Nagi or anyone. I think we'll see a big misunderstanding (as usual), and then they'll all realise Mikado is the one pulling the strings, and they'll go against him.
Old 2008-08-03, 00:27   Link #444
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
What would making things right be, though?
To fix, that which was broken 6 years ago.

Simply put, I cannot imagine this series to have a bad/sad ending. The story of Hayate and Athena didn't end 6 years ago, but was to be continued now.

6 years ago Hayate was just a little boy, it can't be helped that he would make that kind of mistake. But now after growing so much in maturity, he should at the very least be capable enough to not make her cry again right?

Quote:
He'll probably be in-between. Additionally, I do not see Athena trying to harm Nagi or anyone. I think we'll see a big misunderstanding (as usual), and then they'll all realise Mikado is the one pulling the strings, and they'll go against him.
Incidently, if Athena stays, it would promp the other girls to bring their A-game, if she hasn't already stole Hayate's heart.
Old 2008-08-03, 02:36   Link #445
Used Can

Quote:
To fix, that which was broken 6 years ago.
Yes, and in order to do that he would have to fulfil the promise he made her. However, he also made Nagi the same promise. Which one should he keep?

Quote:
Incidently, if Athena stays, it would promp the other girls to bring their A-game, if she hasn't already stole Hayate's heart.
Well, so far, she's the only girl Hayate has ever loved. The only character (Athena aside) Hayate has ever showed any interest in is Maria, but that doesn't seem to be more than just a crush.

Honestly, as much as I'd dislike to see it, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a plot twist by the end of the story that makes Hayate end up with Nagi.
Old 2008-08-03, 03:26   Link #446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yes, and in order to do that he would have to fulfil the promise he made her. However, he also made Nagi the same promise. Which one should he keep?
No, in order to do that, he must first show that he is a different person than when he was a child. That is the first step, to show that he is ready to... Take responsibility for a girl. And to convince her to leave the Royal Garden.

It's practically a given that Hayate would stay with Nagi though. The optimistic conclusion would be to 'share', but I can also see Athena pushing Hayate to stay with Nagi, after all he did made a promise with Nagi, and Athena is a firm believer in those things.

Athena herself probably isn't the same little (debatable) girl she was. I don't know the relationship with this new butler, but at the very least she isn't alone anymore. Hayate might no longer be her butler, but that doesn't mean they can't love.

Quote:
Honestly, as much as I'd dislike to see it, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a plot twist by the end of the story that makes Hayate end up with Nagi.
Well so far, there's no hint of such, so there's no need to think about it.
Old 2008-08-03, 10:16   Link #447
Anant

For Chapter 186
I know it's sad, but bad ending is always better than tragic ending.

Some rumour.
Spoiler:
Anant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 10:54   Link #448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anant View Post
For Chapter 186
I know it's sad, but bad ending is always better than tragic ending.
More often than not, they're one and the same.

But it's better to think of this as, "To be continue..." rather than an actual ending yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anant View Post
Some rumour.
Spoiler:
Wasn't this from a while back?
Old 2008-08-03, 13:53   Link #449
Used Can

Quote:
No, in order to do that, he must first show that he is a different person than when he was a child. That is the first step, to show that he is ready to... Take responsibility for a girl. And to convince her to leave the Royal Garden.
That'd be something important, but his ability to take responsibility for a girl wasn't the issue back then. If anything, he did show her he was trying his best to do so, especially when he bought that ring for her. Basically, the whole issue was a misunderstanding. Anyway, Hayate left 2 things undone - the first being fulfilling the promise he made with Athena, and the second being making her happy (that wasn't a promise, but rather a personal wish of Hayate's).

Leaving Nagi's side would be wrong, but would it be correct to go against Athena? Fun enough, leaving Nagi or going against Athena would be repeating the same mistake that happened 6 years ago. Hayate needs to find a middle road if he wants to make things right.
Old 2008-08-03, 18:49   Link #450
anselfir
Style Über Alles

i dont see hayate having a 'responsibility' for nagi. such a responsibility depends on his relationship with nagi. since that relationship is still in development, and the resolution is still an open question, hayate could very well properly leave nagi.
Old 2008-08-03, 20:16   Link #451
Used Can

He is responsible for her because he promised he'd always be with her. Leaving Nagi (without her consent) would be an even worse mistake than the one that happened 6 years ago, since in this case he's not being kicked out (although, Nagi has already done that twice); he'd just be abandoning her.

Even if they do not end up as lovers, he is still a fatherly/brotherly figure for her.
Old 2008-08-03, 20:54   Link #452
anselfir
Style Über Alles

wat. that's really a cheap device. but it is not iron locked. nagi could develop and cancel the clause. but of course, the moving on of hayate-nagi in any form would require a development in nagi.

being a brother/support figure also does not exclude developing relations with other girls.
Old 2008-08-03, 21:07   Link #453
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That'd be something important, but his ability to take responsibility for a girl wasn't the issue back then. If anything, he did show her he was trying his best to do so, especially when he bought that ring for her. Basically, the whole issue was a misunderstanding. Anyway, Hayate left 2 things undone - the first being fulfilling the promise he made with Athena, and the second being making her happy (that wasn't a promise, but rather a personal wish of Hayate's).
No no, what Hayate had back then was determination. He WANTED to take care of Athena, he WANTED to make her happy, he WANTED to bring her away from the Royal Garden. But just because you want something, doesn't mean you can handle it.

Sadly, he fail and had it backfired. It wasn't so much as a misunderstanding rather than an argument gone bad. Both of them were being stubborn. It was as much Hayate's fault as it was Athena's.

And as you can see, both of them regreted it.

Funny thing is, you see this in real life couples almost all the time, minus the epic sword fight though

Quote:
Leaving Nagi's side would be wrong, but would it be correct to go against Athena? Fun enough, leaving Nagi or going against Athena would be repeating the same mistake that happened 6 years ago. Hayate needs to find a middle road if he wants to make things right.
Technically, Athena kicked him out, he's no longer in her service and doesn't have to answer to her anymore. I'm sure she knows that as well.

Technically, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
i dont see hayate having a 'responsibility' for nagi. such a responsibility depends on his relationship with nagi. since that relationship is still in development, and the resolution is still an open question, hayate could very well properly leave nagi.

Hayate's responsibility to Nagi is purely work-base and loyality, and perhaps a little bit brotherly. At this point now, he couldn't leave Nagi.

(I mean, look at her !)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
being a brother/support figure also does not exclude developing relations with other girls.
Bingo, that's the magic.

Although Nagi would disagree
Old 2008-08-04, 00:19   Link #454
Used Can

Quote:
No no, what Hayate had back then was determination. He WANTED to take care of Athena, he WANTED to make her happy, he WANTED to bring her away from the Royal Garden. But just because you want something, doesn't mean you can handle it.
Yes, but he didn't fail at that.

Quote:
It wasn't so much as a misunderstanding rather than an argument gone bad. Both of them were being stubborn. It was as much Hayate's fault as it was Athena's.
It was a misunderstanding:

1. Athena never told him that ring was important to her. (At least, it seems it is.)
2. Hayate wanted a happy life with Athena and his parents, so he entrusted the ring to his father.
3. Athena didn't understand Hayate's feelings.
4. Hayate didn't understand Athena's feelings.
5. ????
6. Loss

Quote:
And as you can see, both of them regreted it.
Yes, that's why I said it was a misunderstanding (like 90% of the bad things that happen in this manga). They never wanted to fight each other, they wanted to be together, but crap happened.

Quote:
Technically, Athena kicked him out, he's no longer in her service and doesn't have to answer to her anymore. I'm sure she knows that as well.
Athena told him if he wanted to leave so much, he could leave. She never told him not to return. After that huge fight, Hayate didn't feel like arguing back and staying.
Old 2008-08-04, 00:38   Link #455
aldw

I'd rather see Hayate dump Nagi and go back to Athena 100%, Athena's more deserving anyways...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-04, 00:52   Link #456
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yes, but he didn't fail at that.
He made her cry, that's as good as failed.

Quote:
It was a misunderstanding:

1. Athena never told him that ring was important to her. (At least, it seems it is.)
2. Hayate wanted a happy life with Athena and his parents, so he entrusted the ring to his father.
3. Athena didn't understand Hayate's feelings.
4. Hayate didn't understand Athena's feelings.
5. ????
6. Loss
Tell him? It should have been obvious! That ring was the representation of her love to him, just as the ring he had worked so hard for was the representation of his love to her! What else could it have meant!

She was so angry how Hayate just gave it away, especially to parents that he knew were liars and cheaters.

Quote:
Athena told him if he wanted to leave so much, he could leave. She never told him not to return. After that huge fight, Hayate didn't feel like arguing back and staying.
Actually, She wasn't giving him a choice. She kicked out him.
Old 2008-08-04, 02:00   Link #457
Used Can

Quote:
He made her cry, that's as good as failed.
Yes, but I do not see how he failed at taking responsibility for a girl. He was doing what he had to (or, at least, as much as what a kid his age could do), until his parents screwed things up. Perhaps, you can say it is his fault for trusting them, but he had to if he planned to start a new life with Athena.

Quote:
Tell him? It should have been obvious! That ring was the representation of her love to him, just as the ring he had worked so hard for was the representation of his love to her! What else could it have meant!
That's why I said he failed at understanding Athena's feelings. (Also, the ring seemed to have an additional value in my opinion; perhaps, it used to belong to Athena's father?)

Quote:
She was so angry how Hayate just gave it away, especially to parents that he knew were liars and cheaters.
Yes, and that's how she failed at understanding how he felt. Even if those parents are the worst, Hayate was still a kid and was happy when he thought they had changed. Any kid wants to be happy with his parents - especially Hayate; in that regard, you cannot really blame him.

Quote:
Actually, She wasn't giving him a choice. She kicked out him.
I'm not sure, I may be reading what she said incorrectly. What I read she said was "Fine! Have it your way. You can leave this place if you want."

Edit: According to chapter 187, Hayate and Athena met 10 years ago.

Last edited by Used Can; 2008-08-05 at 14:01.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 06:04   Link #458
Zekori

Whatever happened to the pendant got from Nagi's gramps? Like, way back at the early start of the series or so. I smell plot device
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-06, 11:49   Link #459
Used Can

Didn't Isumi do something about it?
Old 2008-08-06, 11:51   Link #460
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Whatever happened to the pendant got from Nagi's gramps? Like, way back at the early start of the series or so. I smell plot device
Isumi sealed the curse with a kiss (which led to the misunderstanding that got Hayate kicked out of the mansion for a bit), then later on apparently Mikado gave it to one of the new girls, and Isumi sealed it again.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen