AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-20, 00:51   Link #81
Enodu_2

Quote:
Again, the war is NOT what the anime is about but it's about the changes she goes through and her relationship, and the consequences of the one on the other.
Spoiler:
meh, lost interest in replying.
Enodu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 03:38   Link #82
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, my only complaint about Saikano is that it seems it's a victim of its own tragedy... The Akemi and Tetsu scenes are simply too powerful and emotional that they overwhelms the final climax, making it more like an anti-climax IMHO... Side-stories overwhleming main plot, side-characters overwhelming main characters... Somewhat like the Asahina Hiroko scene to RahXephon...

Also the environmentalist message seem a bit too sudden and just put there for the sake of... being there...

overall, it's a show about different people at the end of the world.

Personally, I'm just sad that Tetsu doesn't get to sleep with Chise, while Shuji repeatedly sleeps with his wife... such a tragedy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
It's now official there is going to be a 2 episode OVA to Saishuu Heiki Kanojo
for more information, check this official site (in japanese) http://www.saikano.net/ova/

The title of the OVA : Saishuuheiki Kanojo ~ Another Love Song
Sounds great! So I guess we can have "another love song" besides the "last love song on this little planet"
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:10   Link #83
arias

Points well observed, dreamless. ^_^.. I do agree that the impact of the Akemi/Tetsu side-story is HUGE, but I disagree that it overwhelms the main plot. In fact, things just move on.. it's not like at the end of the final episode you're still hankering on the Akemi arc; there IS a reason why she isn't mentioned after her part ends. Everything just revolves around Chise/Shuuji after that. You'll probably find this happens in many anime; the saddest arc doesn't necessarily happen at the end of the story, it could happen within it. I can think of Ninku, Bleach, and FMA as examples.

At the same time, I think that the later half of Saikano was pretty messy; and perhaps too improvised. Like how you thought the environmental theme was, which I totally agree with.

And I also completely disagree with your RahXephon comment, because structurally it should *aid* the flow of the story rather than diminish the impact of its end. (MINI SPOILER FOR RAHXEPHON) RahXephon ends on a good note, so it's kind of a " U " structural formation, where the Asano arc could serve as the lowest point..

Meh. I think the OVA might suck.. but who knows. Let's wait and see..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-20, 04:21   Link #84
dreamless

well, personally I don't really think RahXephon ends on that good a note... but it's quite open to interpretation... However for me the Asahina Hiroko scene
Spoiler for RahXephon:

The problem about the saddest and most emotional scene not being in the end of an overall sad and emotional story is that it makes the ending feel a bit bland and lackluster IMO... especially for Saikano...
Old 2004-12-21, 02:28   Link #85
arias

I don't see how RahXephon ends badly even if it was open to interpretation.

Anyways, I think most people didn't see Saikano that way ^_^.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 03:26   Link #86
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
I don't see how RahXephon ends badly even if it was open to interpretation.

Anyways, I think most people didn't see Saikano that way ^_^.
well, I'm not too sure what "I think most people" you are talking about... but I know a lot of people tend to agree that Chise and Shuuji seem bland after Akemi and Tetsu, and Saikano a victim of its own great tragedy

Of course RahXephon ends GREATLY. Surely it doesn't end "badly". But it surely doesn't end that "happily" as your "U" structure theory seem to suggest
Old 2004-12-28, 17:57   Link #87
Azulet

manga/anime comparison

Wow lots of posts here...I'm trying to avoid spoilers so maybe this is already answered:
how's the anime/manga comparison for this series? Would you recommend one over the other or would you get both? How similar/different are the two?
I know the anime has 13 eps, so far I've seen 7 mangas posted on the official site.
Thanks for all your help.
...goes off to read first manga...I love the art for this!

Last edited by Azulet; 2004-12-28 at 18:14.
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 18:52   Link #88
AzureSky

More questions: What is the OVA about?
sadly i can't understand what's in the website (www.saikano.net/ova)
Will we see some kind of recap with some filler to the plot or just entirely focus on another different relationship like the title suggest (Another Love Song) ? and who's the girl in the website? i'm guessing she will be the main character?

Can't wait for the OVA
AzureSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 19:53   Link #89
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
well, I'm not too sure what "I think most people" you are talking about... but I know a lot of people tend to agree that Chise and Shuuji seem bland after Akemi and Tetsu, and Saikano a victim of its own great tragedy

Of course RahXephon ends GREATLY. Surely it doesn't end "badly". But it surely doesn't end that "happily" as your "U" structure theory seem to suggest
Well, in RahXephon I don't think

Spoiler:

Saikano is different, because the last few episodes spend an incredible amount of time dwelling on the tragedy of Chise's situation and all that. By the end, it felt kind of redundant. Shuji was an alright character, I guess, but I found Akemi, Tetsu and even Fuyumi to be much more interesting than Chise. So I definitely do agree with you in that sense--I felt let down by the ending, particularly after pretty much having my heart broken during

Spoiler:
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 21:33   Link #90
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulet
Wow lots of posts here...I'm trying to avoid spoilers so maybe this is already answered:
how's the anime/manga comparison for this series? Would you recommend one over the other or would you get both? How similar/different are the two?
I know the anime has 13 eps, so far I've seen 7 mangas posted on the official site.
Thanks for all your help.
...goes off to read first manga...I love the art for this!
Hard to say which is better, manga or anime. I think it'll depend on your personal preference (in essence do you prefer books or movies) since both of them are very very good. Usually for a series either the manga or anime is superior but for Saikano I wouldn't know, just get both if you have the chance (I did )
There are a few minor differences between the anime and the manga though. And I did feel that the manga explained a few things better, but that is usually the case for manga as they have the time to do so compared to the anime.
There are only 7 manga btw and the art is indeed gorgeous !
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 04:19   Link #91
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX
Well, in RahXephon I don't think

Spoiler:
Hmm... considering the ending scenes of RahXephon, I don't think things have been being "set" as "right" as what you seem to imply.

For Saikano manga and anime, I think plot-wise manga is better, but emotional-impact-wise anime is better. mostly because of the improvements on the Akemi character.
Old 2004-12-29, 17:43   Link #92
Azulet

thanks for the reply. yea, seeing that the manga will take until end of next year (2005) to finish releasing, I'll probably end up picking up the anime. (all DVDs are out!) I finished the first book pretty quickly and only found the second book on the bookshelves when I went back to the store for more. oh well...
I look forward to this anime's merchandise at the next convention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Hard to say which is better, manga or anime. I think it'll depend on your personal preference (in essence do you prefer books or movies) since both of them are very very good. Usually for a series either the manga or anime is superior but for Saikano I wouldn't know, just get both if you have the chance (I did )
There are a few minor differences between the anime and the manga though. And I did feel that the manga explained a few things better, but that is usually the case for manga as they have the time to do so compared to the anime.
There are only 7 manga btw and the art is indeed gorgeous !
Azulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 18:37   Link #93
Freakman

Azure : The page says the the OVA will be focused more on Chise's actions and point of view (i'm guessing it'll take place in the same time frame as the main series). And the character is just something they added that comes from the manga.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 18:44   Link #94
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulet
thanks for the reply. yea, seeing that the manga will take until end of next year (2005) to finish releasing, I'll probably end up picking up the anime. (all DVDs are out!) I finished the first book pretty quickly and only found the second book on the bookshelves when I went back to the store for more. oh well...
I look forward to this anime's merchandise at the next convention.
Well, i have no clue where you are from but if you are able to speak/read french then you could take the SaiKano manga releases by Editions Delcourt. I have those and am quite happy with 'm, the frnech name of the manga is L'Arme Ultime btw.
Old 2004-12-30, 07:54   Link #95
Freakman

As a small note, the french manga is titled Larme Ultime, which is an interesting translation, since Larme is a tear, thus making the title "Ultimate Tear". But of course, if you read it "L'arme Ultime", then it means "The Ultimate Weapon".
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-30, 08:47   Link #96
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
As a small note, the french manga is titled Larme Ultime, which is an interesting translation, since Larme is a tear, thus making the title "Ultimate Tear". But of course, if you read it "L'arme Ultime", then it means "The Ultimate Weapon".
hey you are right, I didn't notice that, but that might be because my french isn't the best
Old 2004-12-31, 11:50   Link #97
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

The story was interresting till the end, the only thing I though it was litte to much was that Chise everytime was excusing all the time about every little and wothless things .
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 16:27   Link #98
Rikichi

Trailer OVA

http://www.saikano.net:80/ova/promo/saikano_ova320.mov
Old 2005-01-03, 17:04   Link #99
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikichi
Interesting seems we'll get more info on how Chise was created and possibly an explanation about the war, these things were not included in the manga however so I wonder if they involved the original creator for this.
Also the art is unchanged from Saikono, which is a VERY good thing
And I really wonder who that one woman is
Old 2005-01-03, 17:19   Link #100
dreamless

Hmm... I think the TV series has explained about the war pretty clearly already?

Tags
drama, romance