AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-09, 03:35   Link #61
v1cious

So someone said on a/ that staff from Khara is joining the production team after 13. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 2014-01-09, 11:09   Link #62
immblueversion

I wonder who will play the mysterious new glasses guy this episode. Maybe Tetsuya Kakihara? I mean, we already have Kamina (Tsumugu), Viral (Sanageyama), Nia (Mako's mom), and Yoko (the crazy glasses chick from episode 4), so it wouldn't be farfetched to imagine Simon getting thrown into the mix, would it?

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-01-10, 01:41   Link #63
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Already posted in the Ep13 thread, but might as well put it here since this is the forum for it. Speculation for the Kansai Raid Arc:

--The remains of Senketsu will be distributed to the Four Devas. They are the only Raid members that don't already have upgraded versions of their own Goku Uniforms, after all.

--Ryuko will have to track down the remains of Senketsu using the one piece she kept. Either that piece has the highest concentration of Banshi fibers, or has (next to) none, but still manages to communicate with Ryuko on some level due to the Power of Friendship.

--Being the only Deva remaining in Honnouji (and the weakest), Inumuta will be the first to fall, thanks to help from Stripper-sensei (and maybe the biker guy) and Inumuta's own rebellious Senketsu remains.

--Inumuta's fall (and the subsequent loss of communication) will disrupt the fighting in the other three cities, to the point that Ryuko will have to fight through the Kansai forces to get to the other three Devas, who will probably be defeated in the same order (sans Inumuta) as in the Naturals Election.
-----Gamagoori (where Ryuko will reunite with Mako)
-----Nonon
-----Sanageyama (in the same city as the Kansai boss, with Satsuki, who will retreat from the fight at Sanageyama's urging and probably face her opposite number)

--At some point, the Senketsu-doped uniforms will be referred to (complete with giant red kanji) as "SenGoku" ("Senketsu" + "Goku") Uniforms, which will go down as the greatest lead up to a pun in the history of anime.
Old 2014-01-10, 02:13   Link #64
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Though you're completely forgetting how Ryuko's even going to stand a chance fighting any of them without being able to wear Senketsu.
Old 2014-01-10, 03:35   Link #65
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Though you're completely forgetting how Ryuko's even going to stand a chance fighting any of them without being able to wear Senketsu.
Maybe she's going to get trained by guys from Nudist Beach? After all, that's what one of them does - Kick serious ass without needing a kamui.
Old 2014-01-10, 04:50   Link #66
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Noticed something in the latest episode. The Elite Four were wearing differently coloured tracksuits.

Gamagori = Yellow
Sanageyama = Green
Inumuta = Blue
Jakuzure = Pink

They appear to be missing a Red to complete their Sentai Team... I wonder who that could be?
Old 2014-01-10, 06:44   Link #67
tuckersister

I thought episode 13 would start a new opening.
Old 2014-01-10, 07:04   Link #68
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I thought episode 13 would start a new opening.
I heard a rumour that the new opening isn't coming until episode 16 due to story reasons.
Old 2014-01-10, 11:50   Link #69
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
I heard a rumour that the new opening isn't coming until episode 16 due to story reasons.
Fair enough. I mean, the first OP was edited after episode 3 to show Ryuko and Satsuki duking it out in their Kamui in all their glory (originally it was just some reused footage of Ryuko's introductory shot from episode 1). I was half-expecting it to be edited again after Sanageyama sewed his eyes shut, but you can't win 'em all.

Old 2014-01-11, 20:58   Link #70
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Random thought:

Ragyo is Ryuko's mother. Something about that hair(yes, you can say x anime chars can have the same as y anime char and it means nothing; this is just an impression I got). If this is NOT true, then Dr. Isshin is Satsuki's father

I think Revocs can't create another -ketsu. It was probably Dr. Isshin that made both -ketsus(one for Satsuki, one for Ryuko).

Ragyo and Dr. Isshin had a personal relationship, whether it be prof/asst, maybe lovers(who knows exactly how old Ragyo is at this point). This is probably how Ragyo got her clothing line expanded to the degree it has; by learning(or stealing) better clothing-making aspects from Dr. Isshin. This is probably why they off'd him; because he wouldn't give up the secret, and Ragyo didn't want anyone else to get it.

Old 2014-01-12, 08:54   Link #71
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Random thought:

Ragyo is Ryuko's mother.
I like the idea. It could make for a great twist. While the hair similarity you noticed is interesting, I think the more important thing here is that it would explain some of the more questionable aspects of Satsuki's relationship with Ryuko.

Suppose Satsuki is aware that her mother is also Ryuko's mother. And hence, Ryuko is Satsuki's sister or half-sister. If that's the case, then Satsuki may feel a certain degree of sibling affection for Ryuko. At the very least, she probably doesn't want Ryuko to get killed (hence saving her from getting killed by Nui in the latest episode).

Satsuki's approach to Ryuko since the first episode could also be interpreted as her training her "little sister" rather than sincerely trying to wipe her out. I get the sense that Satsuki was testing Ryuko, trying to determine if Ryuko could be of use to her and/or could even be a match for her if she provided Ryuko plenty of opportunities to improve as a fighter.

Satsuki also recently said "Disgraceful" at the sight of Ryuko, completely fallen and defeated at the hands of Nui. Perhaps this bothers her a little extra since that's someone of her blood lying so totally and quickly defeated.
Old 2014-01-12, 22:43   Link #72
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I get the sense that Satsuki was testing Ryuko, trying to determine if Ryuko could be of use to her and/or could even be a match for her if she provided Ryuko plenty of opportunities to improve as a fighter.
Is this even speculation at this point? ^_^ Seems pretty obvious...
Old 2014-01-12, 22:45   Link #73
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Is this even speculation at this point? ^_^ Seems pretty obvious...
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Satsuki really doesn't mean any harm to Ryuko. She's training her for something to do with her own agenda.
Old 2014-01-13, 06:47   Link #74
Vito
Asshole.

New preview http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19lq9a
Old 2014-01-13, 08:57   Link #75
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Yep, that's Senketsu's eye.

Anyone wanna translate?

Old 2014-01-13, 19:31   Link #76
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
Hmm... Maybe I need to adjust my prediction. Looks like maybe the Kansai people either intercepted the new 3-star SenGoku Uniforms, or have anti-life fiber tech. Can't see why else Sanageyama might be naked... Or at least I'm hoping it's not just for fanservice reasons...
Old 2014-01-20, 08:14   Link #77
Vito
Asshole.

Totally forgot today... http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a0c7f
Old 2014-01-25, 10:15   Link #78
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Ragyo is Ryuko's mother.
I haven't read this thread before because of potential spoilers, but I searched it today after reaching the same conclusion as frubam. I was thinking about the pairings in this show and realizing only the possible Mako x Ira ship was heterosexual. Nonon and Sanageyama might have some mutual attraction, but it's not developed enough to make it worth considering. Nui clearly prefers girls, while Satsuki is too haughty to consider having a relationship with any of the "pigs" that surround her, including the Elite Four. The Satsuki x Ryuuko pairing is a constant theme for fan artists and yuri devotees, but I think it makes more sense for them to be sisters. (Of course, a little "siscest" would go a long way in the fandom.)

That led me to thinking about Ragyo's sexuality and who Satsuki's father might be. Matoi Isshin is the obvious candidate. frubam's conspiracy theory makes a lot of sense to me, too. You have to wonder about a family where the mother and daughter conspire to kill their husband/father, but episode fifteen makes it clear Satsuki has no qualms about destroying a major Japanese city to attain her goals. I doubt Ragyo has any more scruples than Satsuki, probably fewer. Nui appears to have none at all.

Let's talk about Nui for a second. Is she human? Why does Senketsu experience her touch as so icy, usually an indication of death in fantasy characters? Is Nui also wearing a Kamui, one that reacts strongly with Senketsu? She tells Ryuuko before she runs her finger across Senketsu that what she is about to do is "taboo." I expected Senketsu to find her touch sexually exciting, not frigid.

Nui doesn't seem especially awed by Ragyo in the meeting room in episode thirteen. Does REVOCS success rely on the skill of its Grand Couturier so much that Ragyo needs Nui?

However Nui is most assuredly afraid of Satsuki. Every time Satsuki pulls her blade on Nui, the Couturier falls back with what seems to be an authentic expression of fear (episode 12, about 15:00, for instance). We obviously can never trust Nui's authenticity, but I think she is truly frightened by Satsuki, much more than she is by Ragyo. There's a wonderful exchange between Satsuki and Nui in episode twelve about what is "charming." Satsuki's tone indicates she despises Nui, though the reasons for this antagonism are yet to be revealed.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2014-01-25 at 10:26.
Old 2014-01-27, 05:06   Link #79
Vito
Asshole.

Ep 16 extended preview

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1adz1m
Old 2014-01-27, 12:40   Link #80
immblueversion

Funny how the 15-sec preview told us to see the 30-sec preview for the full story of what will happen, because I can't understand a lick of it.

Closed Thread