AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-12, 09:26   Link #181
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Ah, i see. Hm...it is a possibility, but why then is she out now? Because she agreed to work with the hunter? Hm... but it did seem almost like she was ordering the guy around And she didn't participate in the battle... what is her purpose of being here then? Hm...
Trouble is, the flashback is not conclusive. Additionally, there is still the matter of the man who was climbing up the slope (presumably to the cave). While it would be convenient for it to be Yorito's previous incarnation, it might well be Takeshi, the Hunter, instead.

Like I said, too many plausible theories at this point. It wouldn't be fun if we solved the mystery on the first episode.

Natch.
Old 2007-04-12, 09:28   Link #182
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I don't buy the whole "reincarnation" bit at all to be honest I don't even know where that comes from...

Spoiler for Air:
Old 2007-04-12, 09:39   Link #183
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Theories are fun. That way the discussions could at least keep going for a while before the next episode comes out. One episode simply isn't enough for anything really concrete (only perhaps the fact that this will be rather enjoyable for some ) though.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 10:37   Link #184
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

First episode provides too little for me to even begin speculating on.... I just hope the trend is heavy on character evolution and relationships ... I really wasn't thrilled by the sudden shift to violence so I hope it is used sparingly as a plot device.
Old 2007-04-12, 11:21   Link #185
Susanou
.Enforcer

Well, first episode surely makes me speculating, but assuming there are more it's too early to do so. What I wonder about in next episode is how the fight at the end of episode 1 will end and who that guy is.
Susanou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 11:23   Link #186
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg4619 View Post
sola is a media mix project, spanning a manga, an anime, and supposedly a PS2 game (perhaps somewhat similar to what the mainstream game industry has been attempting with projects like .hack and Code Age. In response to a weak market, they're trying to launch new IPs by simultaneously releasing content on different forms of media).

To clarify, eroge creators Naoki Hisaya and Naru Nanao aren't directly working on the anime or manga, so this might as well be viewed as an adaptation of sorts. Nonetheless, as a media mix project, I'd imagine that quality control will be more stringent than your typical adaptation or spinoff (for which the goal is usually to milk an already popular IP at lowest cost).
Oh yeah there's still the PS2 game and the drama cd from before which you didn't mention. Correct me if I'm wrong though, Sola was never released in any form prior to this influx of simultaneous releases right? I'm thinking the main vehicle of this project would be the actual realisation of the original concept, so I guess it would make sense for both established game creators to focus on the game release as the main vehicle?
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 13:45   Link #187
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
I looked first ep just because I was interested what Lunar was subbing now, yes I read about it from Omni's blog, but forgot what it was about.

And liked what I saw... good start with beautiful song...though why had to brake it abruptly with that official OP song clip, that was not fitting in .

I'm liking chara designs, animation and script..It had everything....nice balance with mysticism (that children song was very creepy) and comedy bits stroke me. And not only music and overall feeling but familiar VA's are doing good job .

Maybe mysterious girls are to my taste . I thought first looking that Matsuri was lying about her name, but second checking I'm not sure if I read right body language how she said it...that pause was maybe too long...but I'm not too familiar about girls behaving

Nice anime season by the way I think... although this is actually my first when I'm following this near, side by side, many names...and there's still something from last season that needs checking and something waits to finish...

Last edited by Anacone; 2007-04-13 at 00:18. Reason: familiar is not name ;)
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 17:38   Link #188
Dop
Mmmm....

Hm. Need to watch a few more episodes before I'm totally decided.
I like the whole taking photographs of the sky thing. Got a few myself.

Then again, hospitalized sister did seem like she'd sprung fully formed out of the Random Anime Character Generator, do NONE of these people even HAVE parents? What was with the goth-loli in a box?!

So, promising, but I need to watch more to decide.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 17:41   Link #189
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
What was with the goth-loli in a box?!
For a second there, I mistook her for Shinku (Rozen Maiden), and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thought so either.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 17:43   Link #190
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I think I'm going to like this series. Vexx and Sorrow-K often share the same tastes as mine.

Just to make sure, I'll watch the first ep in a few hours.
Sorry to burst the bubble, but I haven't actually said I like this yet. In fact, I think this could well be one of those series where I'm five or six episodes in and still not sure whether I like it or not. But, I am intrigued so far. It's got the elements for a good story... if it can pull them together.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 17:47   Link #191
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Same here.... the *setup* has me very interested... but no one knows enough about the impending plot to say whether this is *win* or not.

It *LOOKS* like it might be a winner but it seems we'll all discover the truth or falsity of that as a group
Old 2007-04-12, 18:17   Link #192
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Man, watching the ending sequence after the show made me realize the vast difference in art quality. I wonder how fast CG artists can draw their images and still have them look good and whether it would be even close to financially feasible to have them do the keyframes for an entire episode. I believe Megumi Kadonosono did personally do some keyframing in some episodes of Kiddy Grade.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 19:08   Link #193
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
For a second there, I mistook her for Shinku (Rozen Maiden), and I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thought so either.
You can stand in line, I thought so too

And....first episode wasn't bad. Aside from me predicting movements here and there, I actually enjoyed it. Of course.....everyone know's I'm there when a cute girl arrives lol

There better not be any loli in this series!

And, one thing I like about the GNU-staff, they are a lively bunch. Something went on a few days ago:

[04/11/07|00:40:55] <@mangatron> Sola is odd ~___~
[04/11/07|00:41:04] <@mangatron> has some Sola Powa!
[04/11/07|00:41:05] <@mangatron> XD
[04/11/07|00:41:06] <&Ryoku-po> oww, I like that raw.
[04/11/07|00:41:15] * @mangatron likes anything with cute girls
[04/11/07|00:41:16] <&Ryoku-po> CLASSIFIED
[04/11/07|00:41:20] <@mangatron> eh?
[04/11/07|00:41:22] * @mangatron hides
[04/11/07|00:41:27] * @mangatron commits seppuku
[04/11/07|00:41:31] <&Ryoku-po>
[04/11/07|00:41:32] * @Al79 pokes mangatron
[04/11/07|00:41:32] * @mangatron pokes Al79 with a 88mm Positron MagLev Railgun.
[04/11/07|00:41:43] <@Al79>
[04/11/07|00:41:46] <&Ryoku-po> If you wanna do a CLASSIFIED series, fine. But you'd have to TL it
[04/11/07|00:41:46] <@mangatron> :x
[04/11/07|00:41:51] <@mysterious_x> do it! XD
[04/11/07|00:41:55] <@mysterious_x> i believe in u mangatron
[04/11/07|00:42:00] <@mangatron> the hell lol its as if i have no choice XD
[04/11/07|00:42:01] <@Al79> yea mangatron do touka
[04/11/07|00:42:02] <@Al79>
[04/11/07|00:42:06] <@mangatron> touka?
[04/11/07|00:42:07] <&Ryoku-po> omg, even I can translate the first 2 minutes of Sola :P
[04/11/07|00:42:14] <@mangatron> 2 minutes rofl
[04/11/07|00:42:21] <@Al79> or darker than black <_<
[04/11/07|00:42:21] <@mangatron> there aint much in the first two min
[04/11/07|00:42:21] <@mysterious_x> lol, of course u have a choice :P
[04/11/07|00:42:22] <@mangatron> XD
[04/11/07|00:42:33] <&Ryoku-po> :P
[04/11/07|00:42:34] * @mangatron doesnt know what touka is
[04/11/07|00:42:37] <&Ryoku-po> 4 lines in total ~_~
[04/11/07|00:42:41] <@mangatron> lol

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 19:22   Link #194
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

There better not be any loli in this series!
I also hope there aren't any lolis (or any Yuri implications) for our sake. Yes, I'm pointing an accusing finger at you. Btw, after taking a quick look at the log, I thought Ryoumi might be picking more shows without finishing the ones they already have in their basket. Aforementioned GNU has me rest assured.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 21:09   Link #195
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Same thing, although I'm a yuricon myself. I don't know, I'm certainly loving the mystery with Matsuri so far.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 00:15   Link #196
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

hmm..i have seen episode 1..and i just cant get over the OP...i think the OP sequence is simply awesome. Hoping that episode 2 is released quick and subbed quicky too. The male lead seems a better one than the normal harem. Might just be the next Yuichi, who knows??

BTW, is it true, that this series is by the makers of Kanon and Da Capo(which happen to be my two favourite harems)
toxic_trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 00:35   Link #197
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

how do i delete this post, ggggggggghhh
Old 2007-04-13, 00:36   Link #198
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
...BTW, is it true, that this series is by the makers of Kanon and Da Capo(which happen to be my two favourite harems)
I believe it's written by the person who wrote the Kanon game, adapted for anime by the person who adapted Rozen Maiden and Kashimashi. And I believe the character design is by the character designer for Da Capo, adapted by the character designer who did that for ARIA. And the director directed Utawarerumono. I think the writer for Kanon and the character designer for Da Capo made the game, and then got the others to adapt it for anime, while still retaining some involvement. Maybe someone else knows more detail.

I found episode 1 highly professional and very promising.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-13, 00:36   Link #199
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
hmm..i have seen episode 1..and i just cant get over the OP...i think the OP sequence is simply awesome. Hoping that episode 2 is released quick and subbed quicky too. The male lead seems a better one than the normal harem. Might just be the next Yuichi, who knows??

BTW, is it true, that this series is by the makers of Kanon and Da Capo(which happen to be my two favourite harems)
One of the writers of the Kanon-game, and the artist of Da Capo. The animation company is Nomad, who did Rozen Maiden.

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-13, 00:58   Link #200
rg4619

Quote:
To be as precise as possible:

There were two writers on Kanon (game version):
Jun Maeda (lead writer, director/game designer, overall visionary)
Naoki Hisaya (sub-writer who implemented the Ayu, Nayuki, and Shiori scenarios based on Maeda's plan)

Hisaya created the story concept for sola, so unlike Kanon, this is his vision through and through. The anime series is based on this concept.

The Da Capo connection isn't nearly as noteworthy since it doesn't involve a key creative planner. Nonetheless, D.C.'s character designer (game version) provided the original art concepts for sola.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural