AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-28, 12:16   Link #441
Shadow5YA

All Stats +2 is DLC, which is something not everyone will be getting.

It depends on what you want your Noire to be, but most likely Renewal will be the best so that she won't have to sit through 15 levels of War Cleric. War Cleric uses axes and staves, but Noire will probably have low Str so having to grind through War Cleric makes it a pain.

Generally prepromoted characters have been traps in Fire Emblem games. When you recruit them they are obviously higher leveled, but if you level your other units and get to them to the same level, you'll realize that the prepromote is actually pretty weak. In other Fire Emblem games where there isn't a World Map or grinding area and you go straight from one story chapter (or sidequest/paralogue) to the next, giving them kills deprives them valuable EXP that can be given to another unit. They're already promoted, which means they are higher level and will earn much less EXP than if one of your normal units took the kill. Typically prepromoted units like Frederick are used only in the earlygame on harder modes to aggro, tank, and weaken enemy units, then when your main units get enough levels to get going, you bench Fred since his performance becomes obsolete anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 12:23   Link #442
Haiprbim
Banned

I have watched a little bit of the game's game-play and I must say that I'm quite tempted to buy it.
Well, before that I would want to buy Tales of the Abyss, it attracted me more, but this one is on the list of let's-buy-it-yeah-ha-ho-gwah as well. :D
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 20:09   Link #443
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm, so I should stay the course and get Renewal? I can do that.

Okay, I'm confused about the wording for Vengeance, Deals (user's Max HP - Current HP)/2 extra damage, does that mean Tharja has to be hurt for it to produce anything substantial ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 20:52   Link #444
Xacual

Exactly, Vengeance deals extra damage depending on how hurt you are, you need to combine it with Vantage for it to be any good really.

To clarify the wording for every 2 hp you are missing, your attack will do one extra damage. So if you're not hurt at all and Vengeance procs it's the same as a normal attack.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-28, 21:07   Link #445
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hmmm, so I should stay the course and get Renewal? I can do that.

Okay, I'm confused about the wording for Vengeance, Deals (user's Max HP - Current HP)/2 extra damage, does that mean Tharja has to be hurt for it to produce anything substantial ?
Yes. It's supposed to work together with Nosferatu. Your Dark Mage gets hit, you do more damage because of Vengeance, and you heal more because you do more damage. The skill activation is Skill*2, so it has the highest activation rate in the game.

If you don't like it, you can always take Tharja through lv5 Great Knight (promoted Knight) for Luna instead.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:20   Link #446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sounds like a lot of trouble though... How about I just I grind till Lv 15 and give Noire Tomebreaker from her?
Old 2013-03-28, 21:38   Link #447
Xacual

Quote:
Sounds like a lot of trouble though... How about I just I grind till Lv 15 and give Noire Tomebreaker from her?
That's what I did.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-03-28, 21:38   Link #448
Shadow5YA

Well... on higher difficulties, level capped enemies stop missing because they have capped stats and forged +hit weapons, so Vengeance/Nosferatu tanking is better than it sounds.

It probably doesn't matter too much on normal since you can avoid everything.

Tomebreaker is a little situational since the Avoid boost only comes from when the enemy is equipped with a tome, unless you're going to limit Noire to killing only mages. You could go for Lifetaker from Dark Knight since that lets you heal for every kill you get.
Old 2013-03-28, 21:41   Link #449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Tomebreaker is a little situational since the Avoid boost only comes from when the enemy is equipped with a tome, unless you're going to limit Noire to killing only mages. You could go for Lifetaker from Dark Knight since that lets you heal for every kill you get.
I probably should have gone for Dark Knight... But I took one look at her strength stats and went "Nahhh..."

On the topic of Dark Knights... Should I make Oswain one? I heard his strength and magic are even out...
Old 2013-03-28, 21:53   Link #450
Shadow5YA

Just because certain classes are hybrid doesn't mean you need to use them as one. You could ignore swords and use only tomes on Tactician.

The only time when a character needs high stats in both Str and Mag is if they're your Avatar/Morgan with access to Tactician/Grandmaster, because Ignis boosts your damage based on the other stat (i.e. bonus dmg based on Str when using tomes, int when using physical weapons).
Old 2013-03-29, 01:49   Link #451
Iron Maw
Banned

Made to chapter 14 (yeah, I'm super slow here lol) and all of my support grinding has finally pay off with most of paralogues unlocked. I'm probably not going to touch most of them till the end of game though.

Something's been bugging me here though about Ch 13 (in fact since Ch 11).

Spoiler:

On a sidenote: WTF at Henry, just W.T.F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Tharja actually acts fairly normal around him (probably because she's only interested in the Avatar)

Their support conversation starts off with Lon'qu telling Tharja to back off because of his fear, which he makes sure to say it it's the same for all women. Tharja offers a hex that will get rid of his fear, which does get him interested. Then later he talks about his past and the reason behind his gynophobia.
Quote:
I tried Nowi and Donnel... It's okay I guess.

Ricken and Nowi's confession seems better.

Gaius and Maribella has history together.

Gaius and Cordelia had a good start, but the confession is so... Bland.

Lon'qu seem to have that with most women, it was the same with Panne where he has to explain himself

Lon'qu and Cherche is the one where he finally tackles his trauma at it's roots.... Plus he would then go on to father Nightwing... I mean Gerome, who would inherit his father's lonewolf behavior... Only to be 'cured' in the same fashion by Sumia's daughter
Very nice and much interesting than I thought it would be. I just finished a support with Gergor and Cherche who also have unexpected relation together, but in this case they didn't really know it until just now. You get a bit of both Gregor's and Minvera past.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 02:08   Link #452
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Morgan:

Old 2013-03-29, 04:03   Link #453
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^I wanted a son to carry on my harem protagonist genes
Old 2013-03-29, 11:53   Link #454
Shadow5YA

There's some spoilerific implications with Morgan that are difficult to answer unless you know the true identity of the Avatar and what happened in the bad future Lucina and the other children came from. It wouldn't be fun to spoil that even in tags, so I'll just say to finish the main story.
Old 2013-03-29, 16:49   Link #455
Xacual

I can't seem to get the newest update. Keeps giving me problems and I haven't had any problems in the past with getting them. And checking the actual DLC area has no problem in letting me see the new stuff, just the bonus box update won't work.

Old 2013-03-29, 17:52   Link #456
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

Quote:
^I wanted a son to carry on my harem protagonist genes
So I suppose if you marry Olivia, Inigo will get a "Son, I am dissappoint" from you.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 19:20   Link #457
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I can't seem to get the newest update. Keeps giving me problems and I haven't had any problems in the past with getting them. And checking the actual DLC area has no problem in letting me see the new stuff, just the bonus box update won't work.
Uh... are you sure you don't already have it? Check Bonus Teams and see if you have Genealogy Gen2. If you do, you already have it.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:44   Link #458
Xacual

Yes I'm sure, because I don't have Yen'fay's map and that was in the update.

Old 2013-03-29, 23:10   Link #459
Shadow5YA

If the DLC is showing properly, then I can't think of anything unless you turned off Spotpass by accident. If not, try turning it off then back on again anyway.
Old 2013-03-29, 23:25   Link #460
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelic Cross View Post
So I suppose if you marry Olivia, Inigo will get a "Son, I am dissappoint" from you.
If Inigo was my son-

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father- Prepare to die."

Tags
3ds, fire emblem