AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-08-19, 09:55   Link #9501
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
P.S.: To madmac and GlassesLady: good points, as always.
-sheds a single tear of gratitude :'D-

Um anyway good chapter. It's a pretty typical sort of development, but the way it was handled made it really nice.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 23:09   Link #9502
Shadow5YA

Much better chapter. I like Ruka choosing to keep her career as an idol because she is responsible enough to worry about her debt much more than the clichéd development where she realizes her love for singing that the last chapter implied.

Also, I'm guessing the implication behind Doctor Kurosu's conversation with Hayate is that her true identity is Ruka's mother who left her long ago.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 23:11   Link #9503
GDB

That's what I figured too. That or her sister/aunt, but either way definitely related.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 00:02   Link #9504
ChronoReverse

Hmm, I like that it wasn't just some stupid misunderstanding.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 00:36   Link #9505
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Also, I'm guessing the implication behind Doctor Kurosu's conversation with Hayate is that her true identity is Ruka's mother who left her long ago.
well if she is her mother then she deserves a bullet in the head... becouse not only she left ruka alone with a huge ass dept.... the same she has the money to buy a lamborgini but has no cash to pay off the dept and free ruka from this burden from which she suffers and cries

it might be either long lost sister (like hayates case his brother)...Aunt or her mothers friend...... maybe rukas parents had and accident after they left and this doctor took care of them until they died but still overheared last wish of the mother... that they wanted to make ruka happy but ended up hurting her

so maybe hayate will bring Ruka to her parents graves to give her at least a short explanation what happend........ since it would had been funny if he takes a break to get married with ruka to make her happy :P
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 00:52   Link #9506
Kakurin
大佐

Yeah, don't know whether she's the mother, looks somewhat young. But definitely family relationship. Now, what does Hayate mean by making her happy?
Old 2013-09-02, 02:40   Link #9507
Seitsuki
Onee!

Babies.

One can dream.
Old 2013-09-02, 07:30   Link #9508
madmac

I do like the twist with how Ruka really feels. That scene with the manager was great.

Whatever Hayate is up to I expect a Kings Jewel will be involved. Kurosu's speech to Nagi about how fate can screw you over reminded me a lot of what everyone else looking for a jewel says.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-09-02 at 14:14.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 09:11   Link #9509
mitsuganae

Well played, Hata.
mitsuganae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 15:16   Link #9510
ChampDream
Alive

I'm guessing the doctor is Ruka's sister.
Old 2013-09-02, 20:53   Link #9511
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the doctor is Ruka's debt collector??

Hayate took a leave should be a blow to Nagi.... since this is the first time he's asking for that (well, he got some when he raised his love point to his harem though like in Athena's arc or during Hinagiku's birthday)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-03, 00:17   Link #9512
Shadow5YA

It's not the first time. Hayate asked for temporary leave to deal with Athena too.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 06:46   Link #9513
bowow0708

I can see two things coming after this chapter. Either some ten chapters of misadventuring that end up with Ruka quite happy and that she appreciates what Hayate did or a couple of chapters that go according mostly to plan with Hina and Ayumu stalking them and where it ends up with Ruka blissfully happy.

Either way, Ruka will be happy
bowow0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 20:47   Link #9514
ChampDream
Alive

poor Hayate, he took the worst seat
Old 2013-09-08, 20:51   Link #9515
GDB

Or possibly the best, considering how she drives (assuming she doesn't crash).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 22:33   Link #9516
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Regarding latest chapter, Thanks Nagi for reminding me why I don't like you

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 00:34   Link #9517
zibi88

hayate was telling her already that one day he will quit beign her buttler and was worried if she will be able to survive in the world.... the same thing was inside mikados and marias heads....

hayate took a break for few days and she already starts to feel the feedback from not having hayate there to do stuff for her and its like few hours ago...

Ruka has at least a motive she loves him and it hurts her that he is tied like a dog to a chain unable to do what he wants....so she states it clear I win you take away that chain and let him enjoy life a bit

Ruka might be threatened that if she goes overseas to las vegas she will lose hayate forever and feels she has to do something about it.... like if she marries him now he will be hers and will be able to go with clear head...

question is where is hayate and hina going with the doc. since I dont see hina agreeing to let hayate go and marry ruka :P... it might be that they know location of rukas parents... so they will head there and listen to their story.... and maybe be able to free ruka from the pain of having that dept on her
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 07:57   Link #9518
bowow0708

Well that's a bit of a surprise, This chapter was kinda in between my expectations. But what surprised me the most was the doc. I'm not sure what their planning, but my guess could be Ruka's parent's graves?

We all know for a fact that if Hayate inherited anything from his parents aside from his the debt and horrible luck, it's that Ayasakis are very VERY VEERY hard to kill, I mean look at them! While Ruka's parents don't have that going for them so it's a very good possibility that they could be dead.
bowow0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 09:28   Link #9519
GlassesLady
dat apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Ruka has at least a motive she loves him and it hurts her that he is tied like a dog to a chain unable to do what he wants....so she states it clear I win you take away that chain and let him enjoy life a bit
Uh, nope, Ruka has shown no sign that's she's thinking of Hayate's happiness. She just wants him. And given Hayate's hangups over finances and girlfriends, forcing him to marry her will probably lead more to a nervous breakdown than to him enjoying life. Though that does sound like something Hata would actually do to Hayate :P (Why is he the one stuffed in the trunk when he was invited first and Hina just butted in? He totally has priority for an actual seat here. :P)

I half get the feeling that this manga is working up a theme of something like "selfishness can be a force for good as long as it doesn't become inconsiderateness". We have things like Ruka acing her rehearsal and show because of her drive for Hayate, Hina telling Hayate something like "if you aren't a little bit selfish you'll never be happy" way back when... I dunno, just a thought.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 09:52   Link #9520
madmac

Quote:
Uh, nope, Ruka has shown no sign that's she's thinking of Hayate's happiness. She just wants him. And given Hayate's hangups over finances and girlfriends, forcing him to marry her will probably lead more to a nervous breakdown than to him enjoying life. Though that does sound like something Hata would actually do to Hayate :P (Why is he the one stuffed in the trunk when he was invited first and Hina just butted in? He totally has priority for an actual seat here. :P)

I half get the feeling that this manga is working up a theme of something like "selfishness can be a force for good as long as it doesn't become inconsiderateness". We have things like Ruka acing her rehearsal and show because of her drive for Hayate, Hina telling Hayate something like "if you aren't a little bit selfish you'll never be happy" way back when... I dunno, just a thought.
Ruka has pretty much explicitly been "I'm in pain and I need you because I think it will make me happy" about the whole thing all along, going back to her first getting sick and writing "Get a boyfriend" as the thing she wanted to do before she died.

She's the one who kept digging at the cabin when Hayate tried to push her off-gently, telling him she'd pay both their debts, confronting Nagi and basically starting the whole thing. That's not an accusation or anything. Ruka's problem deep down is that she just isn't happy and doesn't know what to do about it.

Like Nagi said, it's the first bit of selfishness since she was born and she's entitled to that, just as Nagi is entitled to being selfish enough to hang on to her butler instead of just handing him over. It's not like Hayate is hoping for a Ruka win either.

Still, I think if anyone is being made out as the misguided one this time around, it's definitely Ruka. I could very much see her getting desperate enough to open the RG depending on how things go.

The other scene that comes to mind is Hayate telling her how great it felt when Nagi showed up to save him and Ruka acknowledging that must have been pretty incredible. In the end, someone will step in and save her much the same way, probably.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen