Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-11-01, 04:12   Link #401
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Hi there, Wild Goose. How are you today? I just wanted to drop in to let you know I've started reading the actually Muv-Luv trilogy recently and

BUH-BOOM.

That's me nuking your argument.
Volunteered for IJA, gets assigned to U.N. forces instead because of politics, starts training in the U.N. under Marimo.

Your conceit never fails to amuse.

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 04:20   Link #402
DoomRavager

Quote:
BUH-BOOM.

You know there's a real difference between a brand new fresh recruit signing up for the Imperial Army and instead of being allowed to go train for the Imperials being redirected to the UN 207B training squad along with all the other political hostages, and a commissioned Imperial Royal Guard officer for some reason transferring into the same?

I don't mind you ignoring canon for the sake of fanfics (because really, the point of fanfics is to reject canon and replace it with one's own story), but you really must not be so desperate to vindicate yourself that you have to grasp at thin ice such.

If you're going to suddenly leap on every single little thing you find that you think you might be able to drag out of context and twist into insulting someone who offended you without fully understanding what the argument or your attempted refutal is based on, you're not really going anywhere fast.
DoomRavager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 04:23   Link #403
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
You know there's a real difference between a brand new fresh recruit signing up for the Imperial Army and instead of being allowed to go train for the Imperials being redirected to the UN 207B training squad along with all the other political hostages, and a commissioned Imperial Royal Guard officer for some reason transferring into the same?
Small correction,
Spoiler for 207 Cohort:

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-11-01, 05:56   Link #404
tsunade666

isn't the scene hagoshod show a scene from unlimited though I'm not sure and I think its only in alternative where Yuuko reveal the situation of the girls to Takeru. The girls being political hostages of UN army. Though I'm not really sure.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:19   Link #405
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Now I'm going to have a lot of problem in even thinking about my fanfic idea

Mostly because of how it stretched from year 1999 to 2001 and possibly beyond

Is there any information about when the cast was recruited in the UN army?

And even before that,when did Marimo became a instructor and when did the other Valkyries besides the main cast became Valkyries

Considering a lot of Valkries died off-screen,I guess I will have to create some throw-away characters in year 1999.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 08:02   Link #406
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Now I'm going to have a lot of problem in even thinking about my fanfic idea

Mostly because of how it stretched from year 1999 to 2001 and possibly beyond

Is there any information about when the cast was recruited in the UN army?

And even before that,when did Marimo became a instructor and when did the other Valkyries besides the main cast became Valkyries

Considering a lot of Valkries died off-screen,I guess I will have to create some throw-away characters in year 1999.
Timeline here. Spoilers galore. Suggest you complete Alternative first if you haven't
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

Old 2012-11-01, 08:27   Link #407
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Timeline here. Spoilers galore. Suggest you complete Alternative first if you haven't
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline
I have already decided to finish Alternative before begin writing the crossover fanfic.

Doesn't help that the VN only have stuff and information beyond October 2001

I guess I have to make up a lot of stuff myself...

Last edited by Dragonkid11; 2012-11-01 at 08:54.
Old 2012-11-01, 10:24   Link #408
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I actually wanted to reply a lot earlier, since 3pm, but my iPad was being derp. Anyhow, my thanks and compliments, grevierr and DoomRavager, for your able replies to Hagoshod.

That said, given that I actually typed out this reply, I do feel like I want to post it anyway. Waste not, want not.

Quote:
Hi there, Wild Goose. How are you today? I just wanted to drop in to let you know I've started reading the actually Muv-Luv trilogy recently and

BUH-BOOM.

Why, hello, Hagoshod. I've had a really good day. You really have nothing better to do, do you?

A-01 is supplied its personnel from local Japanese forces, as part of UN doctrine (UN forces in a nation will be part foreign troops and part local troops given to the UN). Yes, Chizuru volunteered for the IJA, but before she got there she was shunted to Training Squadron 207B (under Special Task Force A-01, which is part of the UN Army) for training, before she eventually went to Isumi's Valkyries.

Whereas Izumi is already commissioned into the Imperial Royal Guard by the time of the Fall of Kyoto. Notice how she and the rest of Yui's crew were wearing active duty reinforced suits and are flying Type-82 Zuikakus in IRG deployment colors. They aren't wearing their translucent training suits, nor are they flying the training colors Type-77 Gekishins.

Contrast this to Chizuru and the rest, who are wearing UN training reinforced suits, and are flying Type-97 Fubuki trainers, particularly when they deployed for 12/5.

Besides, one more thing. Has Chizuru had prior training? Nope. Where is she getting her training done? With 207B squadron, along with the rest of Takeru's harem. Whereas Izumi already had the better part of a year's worth of training as a prospective IRG officer/pilot. (Yes, the training is obviously truncated and they haven't completed the full training syllabus, but they've got the basics down and have been instilled with IRG doctrine. As a matter of perspective, OCS takes 90 days, while Sandhurst and Dartmouth last a year.) Also, as I mentioned with AOCS, and with practically all forms of military flight training, you can be a commissioned officer without completing flight training.

Again, I will further reiterate that Yuuko wants fresh trainees with zero preconceptions. Izumi has already spent a significant amount of time undergoing IRG training, and has had significant exposure to IRG doctrine. This is the final mark against her being a member of the Valkyries.

Sorry, looks like you dropped a dud bomb. Device failed to initiate. Negative effect on target. Try again, Hagoshod.

Also, thank you for providing this amusement to cap off my day. In future, I'd suggest that you do try to lessen your preemptive smugness - it only makes you look more foolish and conceited. Contrast the tone of your post with my response above.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:28   Link #409
Sendou
Forever Young

Quote:

BUH-BOOM.

Now you are just trying too hard in digging your own grave. Chizuru never got in to the imperial army, but was assigned to the 207B instead and that's where she was nurtured to become a member of A01. Keep us updated for whatever argument you may have. Your fine blend of arrogance and ignorance amuses me to no end.
Sendou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 12:46   Link #410
Tasekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by erakk View Post
tsunade666, You don't need to utterly destroy my dreams... You know...
I agree, but i didn't want to.

After Alternative, i just want to believe (even if its less than 1%) on a reazonably happy ending. He suffered enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
IDTI IDTI IDTI

but truly indeed. He suffered enough. So its time to take a rest
Hmm... Sorry, new face popping in here. I've actually had a theory for a little bit that might actually be used for PaulXion's fic. Might just be pointless wishful thinking on my part, but here goes. Um, spoilers for Alternative?
Spoiler for MLA Spoilers:

Also, I'm of the mind that Quantum Takeru (aka the Takeru from every universe combined) might just be a completely different existence when compared to any of the original Takeru's.
Tasekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:12   Link #411
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
Inspired by this, I bring you this bit:
*snip*
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?
And now you've inspired me to do a bit of my own writing:

Spoiler for Mars Drop:

Eh, wouldn't quite say it's the best I've ever written, and I usually find that the stuff I speed write tends to be crap, but meh, needed to get this outta my head.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-11-01 at 13:43.
Old 2012-11-01, 22:16   Link #412
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Just a thought, the XG-70s were experimental thus the X in the designation aka X-32 becomes the F-32 in test production or the YF-22 becomes the F-22. The mass production models would be like G-XX or something. Just give it a Fortress like designation.

And related pics again.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2012-11-01, 23:01   Link #413
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Just a thought, the XG-70s were experimental thus the X in the designation aka X-32 becomes the F-32 in test production or the YF-22 becomes the F-22. The mass production models would be like G-XX or something. Just give it a Fortress like designation.

And related pics again.
Images

That the Fabled fan made TSF T-50 Pak Fa = F**k the shit out of you BETA I just wish the TSF has Variable modes like a certain anime were even Super dimensional fortress transforms and does a Drill Milky Magnum on the enemy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slqa30DSSKE
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 00:05   Link #414
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:

And related pics again.
Images
I WAS writing this at 2 in the morning, y'know.

Also ZOMG Mave Yukikaze TSF! Is it carrying the laser cannon, because that would be really, really win.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-11-02, 06:48   Link #415
novalysis

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested before, but I've been playing around with the thought of a Muv Luv - Code Geass Crossover, where the BETAs invade the Code Geass World at the same time as in Muv Luv Canon.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-02, 07:10   Link #416
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I'm not sure whether this has been suggested before, but I've been playing around with the thought of a Muv Luv - Code Geass Crossover, where the BETAs invade the Code Geass World at the same time as in Muv Luv Canon.
Already got one,please read page 19
Old 2012-11-02, 07:20   Link #417
tsunade666

Nah, I think he meant that the BETA invade the code geass world. The crossover of code geass and muv luv that has already been done was a story where Lulu was reincarnated into the BETA world.

This crossover where BETA was going to invade the holy britannian empire or area 11..... might sound good but the knightmare frame or the more customized knightmare frame from 7 gen and above are far stronger and will lay waste on the BETA. They also had that shields to protect them and hadron cannon that is mass produced. They will lay waste on the BETA and they had good leaders like some of the royal family of Britain.
Old 2012-11-02, 07:37   Link #418
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Remember the political shitstorm,remember the political shitstorm....
Old 2012-11-02, 08:25   Link #419
tsunade666

the political shit storm in code geass world isn't that bad compare to BETA world where every country has their own agenda to fulfill.

The shit storm in Code Geass world can be easily stop by the emperor of Britannia if he had time to play with BETA or Shiniezel (or whatever spelling his name is) will put a stop on them and the empire will attack. Remember in Code Geass world there are only few power players and they aren't in war with each other. The only one who are invading are Britannia and if the royal decide to concentrate their attack on BETA. BETA will be turn into a pile of meat and also remember that Schiezel and Cornelia are good leaders that aren't all power hunger which the BETA world lacks.

BETA world leaders are bunch of power hunger being that tried to devour each other and that's why they don't prosper and haven't beaten the BETA yet. They try to do it their way.

Code Geass world is much more united. Specially if Shiniezel and Zero takes charge. Those two will probably use each other in the battle but they are smart enough to not take easy against alien race. Also the code geass world has lots of talented pilot which aren't dead. Comparing it to BETA world that the veteran are few and newbie are being sent to beat the crap of BETA or just to get eaten by them.... well Code Geass world has better chances.
Old 2012-11-02, 09:12   Link #420
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Only question is whether those shields can protect them from lasers.

I believe in miracles.

Tags
fanfiction, harem