AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

View Poll Results: GATE - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 3 10.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 14.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 35.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.57%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-01-09, 14:03   Link #41
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just found out Tyuule is voiced by Ami Koshimizu aka Kallen from Code Geass.
I don't think i can forget that....noise she made in this episode.
Old 2016-01-09, 17:16   Link #42
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
She doesn't know that though. Honestly a lot of natives in the empire tend to view Itami as being more important and amazing than he actually is.
Of course he's important. He's the main character. Anyone can see that.
Old 2016-01-09, 19:50   Link #43
rladls2121

Impressions of Itami is rather respectfully high by his comrades, superiors, and some politicians as well, I don't think that is because of he is the main character though.

Even Kuriyabashi doesn't want do admit it does she?

And not to mention those main trios all over him or not.
Old 2016-01-09, 20:30   Link #44
mergele

I really like the opening. How they kept snippets of the first one was pretty cool and it has quite the nice guitar solo.
Japan got an embassy (or whatever it is officially) in the red light district? The empire certainly doesn't seem very good at subtle diplomacy.
Oh, the ashole prince has a trace of red fluid originating from his mouth downward, did they really think we would still need that for characterisation after what he just did?
Old 2016-01-09, 22:08   Link #45
Top Sergeant

That might be their Embassy, but it seems more like a clandestine observation post or operating base. Has the Emperor officially recognized the Japanese Embassy yet?
Old 2016-01-10, 02:54   Link #46
Botan_TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Sergeant View Post
That might be their Embassy, but it seems more like a clandestine observation post or operating base. Has the Emperor officially recognized the Japanese Embassy yet?
Nope, he hasn't.
It just a reconnaissance/research base (there was paper on table about diseases, and prostitutes are good source of informations). Well, looks like those are slums not really officially controlled, but still I wonder why nobody informed Empire that something like that exist.
Old 2016-01-10, 03:00   Link #47
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Japan got an embassy (or whatever it is officially) in the red light district?
There was something shown in the manga but not in the anime that would answer your question. And dialogue in this episode already hints to the answer. But it should be answered either overtly or with more contextual clues eventually, so there's no real need to mention it.

EDIT: Or someone else could answer it while I was composing this...
Old 2016-01-11, 00:46   Link #48
Ultragunner

for one thing, I was surprised that Itami is "Avenger" in his squad probably because he doesn't do any heavy stuff till the last minute?
Old 2016-01-11, 01:06   Link #49
Somnus
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
It's rather sad they left out the reason why the Japanese were demanding 500 Million Suwani in the first place as the amount: Basically, the Japanese just converted the annual budget of the their government into the local currently equivalent, and used that as the basis for the figure. They wouldn't know that the Empire wouldn't have that amount of money on them.
I actually came into this thread to say exactly this. While overall the episode was good, and it's great to have GATE back, there were small details omitted here and there that really took away some of the enjoyment for me. They're not deal breakers by any means, but they honestly equate to extensions of certain scenes by seconds just to allow for more verbal exposition.
Old 2016-01-11, 05:02   Link #50
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
for one thing, I was surprised that Itami is "Avenger" in his squad probably because he doesn't do any heavy stuff till the last minute?
Maybe it's because he's supposedly not very strong compared to the other "Servants"?.
Old 2016-01-11, 16:00   Link #51
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Going by the LN covers, he looks like your typical evil bishie. With long white hair so you KNOW he's evil. Sephiroth, only more generic. The manga and anime are both improvements, though the anime is more faithful. At least to the LN designs. Don't know what he looks like in the novel, if he even got an illustration.

Still, one thing I'm glad about is that they at least didn't go with the light novel clothing designs for the Imperials. Piña co Brittania I could do without, thankyouverymuch.
The LN design actually came after the manga.
The original novel does not have an image of him, however it does describe him as a built, imposing figure.
Which the long hair thin bishi in the LN does not match at all. Heck, nowhere was there mention of such long hair in the text.

Both the manga and the anime designs are much more fitting for how he's described in the text.
Old 2016-01-12, 03:16   Link #52
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The LN design actually came after the manga.
The original novel does not have an image of him, however it does describe him as a built, imposing figure.
Which the long hair thin bishi in the LN does not match at all. Heck, nowhere was there mention of such long hair in the text.

Both the manga and the anime designs are much more fitting for how he's described in the text.
Well, the manga design goes extremely well with the Empire's very Roman motif in the manga. He's basically the Roman masculine ideal, as one would expect the one who is next in line for Emperor to be. But I guess his design in the anime fits with the slightly more "generic medieval fantasy" motif of the anime version.

I do miss how overtly cruel he looks in the manga, though. They both look plenty cruel, but the anime version gives the feeling that he just does what he wants and doesn't care who gets hurt in the process. He's basically a (slightly) less compassionate Rance. (Warning for the ill-informed: Googling that name will give you very NSFW results) Whereas with the manga version, his face says that the people getting hurt is part of his enjoyment.

I am speaking of their designs. Their actions are basically identical so far (as I expect them to be in the future), and already illustrate the cruelty of the character, no matter his design.
Old 2016-01-12, 03:43   Link #53
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

http://gate-anime.com/bd-dvd/bd-dvd10.html

Whoa. WHOA.
This season is going to cover book 2 in the first half, and book 3 in the second half.
So double the pacing of season 1... man, there's gonna be some major cutting ahead.

This also means if they have just one more season, they can cover all of the part 1 of Gate series.
In just a month and a half, even the manga readers will be treading into unknown zone.
Old 2016-01-12, 07:23   Link #54
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
avenger is the main character but a pain in the ass to use
Old 2016-01-12, 07:59   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Soooo happy Gate is back i was seriously starting to go through withdraw. I was prepared for the rape scene as some friends had told me about it long ago so Zorzal is living up to the douchebaggyness i have been told. I cant wait for him to get his karma. This season seems to be setting up for a darker theme which i like. There is def a large scale conflict coming.

I like how the nobles saw the firepower of our world and after a short demonstration, knew that if they fight the JSDF they are doomed lol.

Itami dressed in that outfit hahahahahaha and i feel really bad for the prostitutes in the red light district. It seems if you are not fully human in this world you are basically shit on. Listening to her say she cant do anything but please men broke my heart.
Old 2016-01-12, 13:41   Link #56
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Zorzal needs to be painfully castrated before this series is over. It's the only thing I really care about. Dude is completely disgusting.

Glad the show is back, at least.
Old 2016-01-14, 00:25   Link #57
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Hmmm... seems to be more chatter about the character designs. To be honest, I expected this to happen, but Zorzal is another character that looked better in the manga- he just had a more menacing air about him in the manga (at least until an event which I cannot discuss further because spoilers), not to mention more fitting the Roman look of the Empire.

Still, at least thus far they haven't changed the darker aspects of the plot, and based on the preview, I suspect that scene (you know what I'm talking about, but can't say more- spoilers) will be appearing next episode.
Old 2016-01-14, 01:30   Link #58
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

How far away do you need to be to not be able to hear mortar explosions or gun fire? I thought Itami was firing guns and mortars around the party and yet the guest were not hearing war drills right next door.
Old 2016-01-14, 01:48   Link #59
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
so in that world, earthquakes were like rare? in all different regions of that planet? well its an alien planet where magic is normal, so it does not have to be like earth,
Why do you assume Empire knows about whole planet? There are on medieval level, so there may have knowledge about one large continent or some more.
Using our history for reference, medieval era people believed in gods, ghost and demons. The closes thing to science was Alchemy but even then people of that era had no idea what causes natural disaster besides saying it was caused by gods and the like or maybe they thought the apocalypse, Armageddon or Ragnarok is here.
Old 2016-01-14, 03:16   Link #60
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Even here on Earth, there are places in the world where noticeable EQs happen at infrequency of once every thousand years.