AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 16:08   Link #941
wakbob

I know, but my curiosity about wondering whats next is high.
wakbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:44   Link #942
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

I'm seriously not that interested in Banri and Kouko's future, I'm much more interested in 2D-kun adventures
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 21:35   Link #943
Frontier

I would've loved the last scene to be Banri and Kouko during their night in Paris, but considering the last scene of the anime... I think it's safe to assume that it didn't need to be Paris anymore .

But yeah, while I understand wanting to know what happens next for Banri and Kouko, I can still live satisfied knowing that Banri and Kouko are together, willing to face the future as a couple, and on their way to marriage .

It would be nice if the final side-story novel had an epilogue story that clarified who Takemiya officially establishes Linda ending up with, be it Mitsuo or Koshi-Senpai, or if she actually ends up with anyone at all .

If Umechazuke isn't worried about having to conclude the manga anytime soon, and feels he can run it at his own pace, then I would definitely appreciate it if he incorporated the side-stories .
Old 2014-04-11, 04:50   Link #944
wakbob

Yah I understand what your saying, but it's just I want to know what happens next.
Old 2014-04-11, 04:58   Link #945
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
You guys know what he means. >.>

He wants to see a something further in the relationship, or at least see it getting past the point it's been at for the past several volumes.
To add my own elaboration, they hooked up early in the story, but instead of keeping up the pace and having the relationship develop, the author has been stagnant with their relationship ever since. The one bit of progress they had since Kouko admitted she loves him back is starting to call each other by their first names.
Other than that, they've been stuck at a red light.

I certainly would have wanted to see some kind of conclusion to the relationship; a proposal at minimum woud have been nice. This is one reason why I loved Amagami and Amagami SS so much, they didn't just leave the story off at them becoming lovers. (at least not with most of the girls)
Old 2014-04-11, 05:34   Link #946
wakbob

What @shinji said.
Old 2014-05-18, 08:37   Link #947
l.kostas

Tankobon 6 is getting released on June 27. It will contain manga chapters 29 to 33. This time Umechazuke finished the adaptation of a novel volume with 5 manga chapters. The description is from amazon.jp. It says in a few words whatever happened in light novel volume 4.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ゴールデンタイム-6-電...82%A4%E3%83%A0

失われたはずの記憶が蘇り始め、戸惑いと不安を覚える多田万里。 不安を忘れる意味もこめて、万里は夏休みに香子を海へと連れていく決意をする。 その資金を稼ぐため、万里は香子に内緒でバイトをするのだが……?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 13:16   Link #948
rpapo

Unfortunately, though the next tankobon is coming out in a month, we are far from done scanlating volume 5. Real life has happened to a number of the group members.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 20:42   Link #949
Frontier

While I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see more manga chapters translated, I do understand that real life sometimes isn't so forgiving and that people have their own lives to attend to. All the same, I really do appreciate the efforts you and the rest of the translation team put in rpapo .
Old 2014-05-27, 19:11   Link #950
superweapon78

Who does Mitsuo end up with?

So I was disappointed when the anime hinted towards mitsuo and linda. Do they explain who gets together in the light novel?
superweapon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 21:05   Link #951
Miraluka
Banned

No, the author doesn't.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-27, 21:56   Link #952
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum Constans View Post
So I was disappointed when the anime hinted towards mitsuo and linda. Do they explain who gets together in the light novel?
That was anime original BS. But the LN one did not happened at all.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 13:02   Link #953
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
That was anime original BS. But the LN one did not happened at all.
But the LN had this in the foldup:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-30, 17:19   Link #954
Frontier

Well, that foldup and some other moments in volume 8 not covered by the last few pages might better hint at a genuine future relationship between Linda and Mitsuo and explain why the anime had that scene during the epilogue... oh what I wouldn't give for an interview with Takemiya where she explains what some of her original plans for the book and the ending were and what potentially got cut!

But Takemiya's probably too respectful to ever outright admit that J.C. Staff/the anime forced her to finish the series earlier than she intended, if that was indeed the case with Golden Time .

At least we still have a potential final spinoff novel and Vivid Memories .

I also just read chapter 26 in the manga, which was another fun chapter. Banri and Linda's interactions in his room, and their reconciliation, was nice to see again and I quite liked Umechazuke's take on it. Though I thought there were certainly more hints to Linda's real feelings, as well as a bit more flirtation on her part, than in the anime. Especially when she left the room and told him take Kouko's call.

Kouko and Mitsuo's brawl on the street was even better than in the anime, especially with the back and forth between them .

So even after getting busted for underage drinking, Banri and Kouko still attend/throw a drinking party to cheer up Mitsuo. I guess some lessons in college are harder to learn than others .

Last edited by Frontier; 2014-05-30 at 17:35.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 03:30   Link #955
l.kostas

Manga chapters 34-35
I was curious if they would include the spinoff story A Hundred Years After That Summer, We're Still Laughing like they did in the anime. This time Umechazuke changed the story more than he had the previous times, even the chronological order of some scenes. The anime was more loyal to the source material.
Spoiler for manga 34-35 - novel volume 5 scenes:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-29, 14:06   Link #956
Frontier

I've been keeping up with the RAW's so far and I have to say I preferred the anime's handling of Volume Four's ending than how Umechazuke handled it. Not that it was bad, just a matter of preference in terms of adaption .

Spoiler for Chapters 32:

As for the latest RAW's:

Spoiler for Chapter 34-35:

Definitely looking forward to seeing these chapters translated .
Old 2014-08-29, 14:18   Link #957
rpapo

FWIW, the original light novel has Kouko using snippets of English on many occasions. In Japan the use of English is cool in a way far beyond how the use of French used to be in the English-speaking world.

Last edited by rpapo; 2014-08-29 at 14:49.
Old 2014-08-29, 14:45   Link #958
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
FWIW, the original light novel has Kouko using snippets of English on many occasions. In Japan the use of English is cool in a way far beyond the use of French used to be in the English-speaking world.
I still remember the "My boyfriend" or the "I. Love. Youuuu" from the anime.
Old 2014-08-29, 14:49   Link #959
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Those lines are straight from the books in Japanese. My translation has her speaking French to give a similar feeling to an English reader. Remember, "Plain English" is not plain to your average Japanese person.

Last edited by rpapo; 2014-08-30 at 04:22. Reason: Further elaboration.
Old 2014-08-29, 21:40   Link #960
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Me too. One of the many reasons I love episode 7 .

You have to respect a woman who goes all out, especially when she's in love, and announces to the world her getting a proper boyfriend by sewing beads into a heart shape on a white T-Shirt and proclaiming her love in English. I can't believe Kouko didn't plan that scene with 2D-Kun .

Not to mention, after narrowly avoiding jail time, one of the first things she does after being released is correcting her father on her Official Couple status with Banri through english .

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen