AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2007-04-01, 22:59   Link #2321
wtflux

edited out, wrong thread
wtflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 12:38   Link #2322
Zeytoo0

Send a message via MSN to Zeytoo0
Wow, just finished it for the first time all the way through, and I gotta say, thats one of the best shows ive ever seen. They're wern't even any plotholes... except one.

Why the hell was the cat talking in the first episode ?

/demand continuation/OVA ^_^

Last edited by Zeytoo0; 2007-04-15 at 12:43. Reason: typos
Zeytoo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:37   Link #2323
Ku-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeytoo0 View Post
Read the novels.
Or, more specifically, volume 2, the Sighs of Suzumiya Haruhi.
It's in Chapter 5.
Ku-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 14:50   Link #2324
Tatsumiko
*Artist

I only saw the first episode of haruhi...thats why I didn't read any of your post....should I continue watching?
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:38   Link #2325
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Wow, just finished it for the first time all the way through, and I gotta say, thats one of the best shows ive ever seen. They're wern't even any plotholes... except one.

/demand continuation/OVA ^_^
yup the talking cat is explained in the novel, funny as hell that it happened. just the preparations to film thier movie were quite interesting.
dont be surprised if they left out an explanation for event that happened in novel that wasnt shown in anime
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 15:46   Link #2326
Zeytoo0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumiko View Post
I only saw the first episode of haruhi...thats why I didn't read any of your post....should I continue watching?
Definitely, its really a masterpiece.
Old 2007-04-15, 16:00   Link #2327
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
I have to say that I liked the show, but I didn't really understand why certain things were happening. It was pretty funny though ^^ Kyon is cool. And I love the opening theme.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 17:29   Link #2328
Zeytoo0

Hmm, theres nothing that I didnt understand as it went along really. Ofcourse, theres certain things which didnt make sense till the very last few scenes of the show, but if you had stayed awake and taken in everything that was going on you can piece it together right at the end and make perfect sense of everything. Thats how it happened for me anyway.
Old 2007-04-15, 21:07   Link #2329
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Not everrything was explained, eg: like when Haruhi asked if she meet Kyon before(in chapter 2) or where the Frog's suit come from(Under the rain(?))...etc

But do not tell me now. Or i will fly to wherever you are (if you put the address on your profile, certainly) and smack you for every spoiler you guys put up here :P
Old 2007-04-15, 23:09   Link #2330
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Not everrything was explained, eg: like when Haruhi asked if she meet Kyon before(in chapter 2) or where the Frog's suit come from(Under the rain(?))...etc

But do not tell me now. Or i will fly to wherever you are (if you put the address on your profile, certainly) and smack you for every spoiler you guys put up here :P
you should then read vol 2 where they go thru the process of filming the movie also
it explains 2 such topics
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 23:47   Link #2331
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I won't tell you the answers, but I can tell you where to look if you're curious to find out. Haruhi asking Kyon if she met him before is answered in the Volume 3 story "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody". The frog suit is first acquired in the Volume 5 story "Endless Eight".
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-15, 23:51   Link #2332
Sparkie
キーウィ

Quote:
Hmm, theres nothing that I didnt understand as it went along really. Ofcourse, theres certain things which didnt make sense till the very last few scenes of the show, but if you had stayed awake and taken in everything that was going on you can piece it together right at the end and make perfect sense of everything. Thats how it happened for me anyway.
Well thing is that I was never really able to keep my thoughts with the show. Because when I checked it out I never thought it would be that 'weird'. I think if I watch the whole show again, I'll understand it better.
Old 2007-04-16, 00:08   Link #2333
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Well thing is that I was never really able to keep my thoughts with the show. Because when I checked it out I never thought it would be that 'weird'. I think if I watch the whole show again, I'll understand it better.
You watched ep 0, yet you didn't think the show is weird?
Old 2007-04-16, 05:18   Link #2334
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The 1st espisode is really good actually. I watched it quite late compare with other Haruhiism fans, but it took me 15 minutes or so to realise that Mikuru is not the main character.

For at least 1st 10 minutes, I thought Haruhi Suzumiya is just a side character , but is loved by a lot of fans, that's why she always appear in a lot forum signature or avatar ^^
Old 2007-04-16, 05:38   Link #2335
Sparkie
キーウィ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You watched ep 0, yet you didn't think the show is weird?
No because that actually made perfect sense once you've saw the end. But I just mean with the end of the whole series and stuff, I just didn't really get it.
Old 2007-04-16, 06:04   Link #2336
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
No because that actually made perfect sense once you've saw the end. But I just mean with the end of the whole series and stuff, I just didn't really get it.
You are going to need to be more specific than that if you want us to answer the question...
Old 2007-04-16, 08:32   Link #2337
Sparkie
キーウィ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You are going to need to be more specific than that if you want us to answer the question...
I don't have a question, I just said I didn't really get the end.
Old 2007-04-16, 10:31   Link #2338
Zeytoo0

How come? That moment for me was the moment of clarity, absolutely everything made sense that came before, except the cat. (For me anyway) - The reason Haruhi and Kyon seemed so close, their un-spoken trust for each other, Haruhi being pissed off when Mikuru and him were doing questionable stuff, the reason why Kyon trusts Haruhi to not destroy the universe by doing something out of place (because hes with her).

The Chronology was a bit messed up but if you watched everything quick enough and double checked where each episode was in the timeline then it wasnt a problem. The start of each episode usually had Kyon introducing the time that it is set in anyway.
Old 2007-04-16, 11:49   Link #2339
Sparkie
キーウィ

Hmm I didn't pay very good attention to the timeline actually. That's why I said I think it would be better if I just watched the whole show again, I'll probably understand it better. But my English is pretty crappy too, so that could be another reason why I didn't understand everything ^^
Old 2007-04-19, 22:30   Link #2340
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

This has to be one of the more bizarrely funny anime series I have seen. Their movie project is awesome lol. Im gona need to go read the manga/novels for this as well!

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen