Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 10:15   Link #2501
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
Spoiler for Ep 79:
Spoiler for General series info:

Also great episode. SSJ Gohan next week!
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 11:30   Link #2502
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Must say they did an admirable job cutting away all access fat and leaving just the meat and bone of the story.

Though unfortunate crap like the Bulma-switching-with-Ginyu fiasco, SO intergrated into the footage and narrative, ended up staying whether we wanted them or not.

Heck, Gregory the cricket could have EASILY been wiped from the Kaio segments with some strategic photoshopping but why the hell didn't they?

This means that the Cell Games WILL be truncated with agonizingly long time wasting minutes involving Mr Satan's useless and annoying trio of apprentices.

If they have time to keep crap like that and wipe the blood off wounds with photoshop, I REALLY hope they keep this heartwarming short little scene, filler though it may be:

Gohan:
I'm so happy Dad.
Goku:
Hmm, why?
Gohan:
When we were fighting Vegeta-san you promised me you'd take me fishing, remember?
(Nostalgic freeze-frame)
Goku:
(Dopily) Huh, I did?
Gohan:
We never had the time because we were so busy training for the androids since you came back, but now you finally kept your promise. Thank you.

Slow paced though Z may have been, it is THESE moments rather that add so much humanity and character, not the fight scenes, that makes it such a classic.
Old 2010-10-31, 13:52   Link #2503
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Though unfortunate crap like the Bulma-switching-with-Ginyu fiasco, SO intergrated into the footage and narrative, ended up staying whether we wanted them or not.

Heck, Gregory the cricket could have EASILY been wiped from the Kaio segments with some strategic photoshopping but why the hell didn't they?
...You know, I actually finished watching the Z-version of the Freeza-arc not too long ago and... How exactly was the filler with Bulma and Ginyu too integrated in the story to remove? Yes, there were a couple of shots where Bulma was shown standing among Kuririn and the others, but that was all. They could have just, y'know, redone those few shots to remove Bulma, like they did with Vegeta's first appearance (to fix the coloring of his armor.) Or for that matter, there were a decent amount of shots where Bulma or Ginyu weren't on-screen. They could have just stuck with those shots. Sure, it might mean repeating some shots several times, but it would have been far better than keeping in that dumb filler subplot.
Old 2010-10-31, 14:15   Link #2504
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

A ton of the Bulma filler scenes have been kept in. One explanation could be that Toriyama wanted to keep Bulma in as much as possible, but I don't know.

For those that can read Japanese, wikipedia Japan actually lists the directors who were responsible for each episode of Kai. And they change quite a bit as the series progresses.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 17:32   Link #2505
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep79:
Old 2010-10-31, 17:58   Link #2506
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Even though you know it's going to happen, plus knowing what Vegeta's character is like, it's still hard not to facepalm at the events of episode 79.

Oh perfect Cell. What a good looker you are.
Old 2010-10-31, 21:55   Link #2507
Gordy Lechance

While I do not necessarily condone what Vegeta has done, I can understand why and therefore not be angry at him for it.

Imagine this:

You are Marlon Brando, a man amongst men, the embodiment of classical manliness, and then imagine having Hanna Montanna break both your arms, grind you beneath her heel as she breaks your spine so you can remember that its her who shredded your masculinity.

When and if you ever walk again, and a massive 7 foot tall rapist asked you where Hanna Montanna is, wouldn't YOU point out her direction for him?

My point exactly.
Old 2010-11-01, 02:36   Link #2508
AnimeFan188

Oh boy, now Cell has attained his perfect form, and Vegeta gets his revenge for the
beating he received from #18 earlier.

Of course, Vegeta's not the only one to blame. There's also Krillin, who was thinking
with the *wrong* part of his anatomy when he tossed away his chance to destroy
#18 by smashing the control device that Bulma went to so much trouble to build.

Did Krillin really think he'd be able to save #18 from the likes of Cell? As a result of
Krillin's foolishness, #18 ended up dying anyway, and now Cell is vastly more
powerful.

And let's not forget #18 herself. In spite of being told numerous times to make a
run for it, she did her "deer in the headlights" impression until it was too late.

BTW. When/how did Krillin find out that #18 used to be human?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 02:38   Link #2509
Blaat

^Krillin showed compassion, there's nothing wrong with showing compassion. #18 should have flied away, it's not like Cell could detect her.

Still honestly I can't wait until Vegeta gets beaten next week he really deserves it putting the entire universe in danger because of your ego is rather pathetic.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:27   Link #2510
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Did Krillin really think he'd be able to save #18 from the likes of Cell? As a result of
Krillin's foolishness, #18 ended up dying anyway, and now Cell is vastly more
powerful.
Krillin's compassion is a lot more forgiving then Vegeta's ego.
Old 2010-11-01, 04:59   Link #2511
Kallen4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
While I do not necessarily condone what Vegeta has done, I can understand why and therefore not be angry at him for it.

Imagine this:

You are Marlon Brando, a man amongst men, the embodiment of classical manliness, and then imagine having Hanna Montanna break both your arms, grind you beneath her heel as she breaks your spine so you can remember that its her who shredded your masculinity.

When and if you ever walk again, and a massive 7 foot tall rapist asked you where Hanna Montanna is, wouldn't YOU point out her direction for him?

My point exactly.
I do get your point, although Vegeta's main reason was to get a good fight from Perfect Cell, rather then revenge on #18 .. especially considering how much more powerful then 18 he is atm
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:42   Link #2512
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

I really am a bit angry at Vegetables, he's too proud. period.

And you'll probably be more pissed at his pride soon...even up to the end of this series.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:53   Link #2513
Kallen4life

he does make things climatic and interesting :O
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 06:08   Link #2514
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
he does make things climatic and interesting :O
Well, my sympathies for Trunks...cus he just doesn't want the world to end, although all Saiyans, even Trunks without admitting it, does want to get stronger and meet stronger enemies.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 12:35   Link #2515
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
I do get your point, although Vegeta's main reason was to get a good fight from Perfect Cell, rather then revenge on #18 .. especially considering how much more powerful then 18 he is atm
You gotta admit he would have taken some joy in knowing she died screaming in terror. Even Piccolo acknowledged that for a classical male like Vegeta, the pain of being beaten and humiliated by a woman, nay girl, is more traumatic and horrifying than the experience of being murdered by Freeza.

You would also break out the champagne too, fellow men out there, if you found out that macho "girl" who beat you into a bloody and unconcious mess back in school was beaten and raped. Don't say you wouldn't.
Old 2010-11-01, 13:04   Link #2516
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Not sure I buy the whole letting Cell do it just out of hate toward 18. I mean Vegeta is strong enough to handle that himself. It'd be more insulting to his pride for Cell someone weaker than him to take care of that for him. He certainly wouldn't care that it took absorbing 18 for Cell to power-up, but don't think he was that invested in it. More just eager for the fight to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
^Krillin showed compassion, there's nothing wrong with showing compassion. #18 should have flied away, it's not like Cell could detect her.

Still honestly I can't wait until Vegeta gets beaten next week he really deserves it putting the entire universe in danger because of your ego is rather pathetic.
Well to be fair in this case compassion could lead to the end of the universe so might say there can be something wrong with compassion in the wrong circumstances. Plus it was 18's compassion that left her unable to leave 16 behind. So really could say compassion doomed them all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Well, my sympathies for Trunks...cus he just doesn't want the world to end, although all Saiyans, even Trunks without admitting it, does want to get stronger and meet stronger enemies.
Yeah I'm sure at some level Trunks does feel like that. But considering his traumatic childhood and the world he lives in I think he's managed to shelve those feelings to a certain degree. If he can go back and never see anyone strong I think he could be ok with that.
Old 2010-11-01, 13:10   Link #2517
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well to be fair in this case compassion could lead to the end of the universe so might say there can be something wrong with compassion in the wrong circumstances. Plus it was 18's compassion that left her unable to leave 16 behind. So really could say compassion doomed them all .
This is the exact same argument I give fans of Saikano: if Shuji had been a fucking man, he would have strangled Chise. Darling wife my ass: she can't even have children to pass on your legacy, asshole!! If you had any fucking sense of honor, the world wouldn't have to die for you love!!

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure at some level Trunks does feel like that. But considering his traumatic childhood and the world he lives in I think he's managed to shelve those feelings to a certain degree. If he can go back and never see anyone strong I think he could be ok with that.
Whether Trunks likes it or not, he IS still a Saiyajin warrior. Both he AND his "brother"/teacher Son Gohan took immense pleasure in taunting, frightening and killing Freeza/Cell as Super Saiyajin. Its in their nature, much as they deny it.
Old 2010-11-01, 14:37   Link #2518
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Its okay, we got this song which makes everything bad irrelevant in that whole arc.

Old 2010-11-01, 15:00   Link #2519
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Gotta love Trunks in this episode. That's definitely the fastest anyone has tried to beat their opponent lately. He just doesn't screw around due to his past.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 15:05   Link #2520
Ahiru77
あひる

^ I second that.
Ahiru77 is offline   Reply With Quote