AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-05, 10:48   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 796 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, a spoiler pic is out for now! Credit goes to AP's Redon and Sandman for summing up the page's content:

-Chapter title is "Soldier-san's determination".

-The chapter kicks off with VA Tsuru and former fleet admiral Sengoku arriving at Dressrosa, three days after the Doflamingo conflict. Sengoku in particular looks a lot more laid back than he used to (probably got influenced by Garp, heh). Anyway, Tsuru asks about Luffy's whereabouts and is informed that not only was he already found, but he's still recovering from his injuries. Sengoku tells Fuji that he heard the news about the admiral kneeling in apology, as well as his clash with Akainu, and says while laughing that he's glad that he doesn't have to deal with that as FA anymore. Tsuru silences him and asks Fuji why he hasn't captured the pirates yet. He responds that it's because Luffy lucked out on the dice roll for two days for a row. However, he tells her that should he manage to roll any number other than one today..... the hunt is on. Shortly afterwards, princess Mansherry appears in front of the marines, asking for donations.

-At the palace, Elizabello and Riku talk about the latter returning to the throne. He says he'll do his best until Rebecca succeeds him. Speaking of Rebecca, while being outfitted by the maids, she overhears a rumor about her father being a prince that her mother Scarlet eloped with before her death, but she knows full well that it's not true. As it turns out, Kyros was the one who asked Riku to spread that rumor in the first place. Meanwhile, while the two samurai fly around the city on one of Kanjurou's ink-birds, they spot the marines handing out healing flowers made by Mansherry. It turns out she got volunteers to donate some of their life force to make the flowers (hence her earlier visit to the marines). Sengoku in particular happily donates some of his energy to the princess.

-Meanwhile, Luffy finally wakes up at Kyros' house, though he's still not fully recovered. He's sad that Sabo left, but when he hears the rumor about Rebecca's dad, he gets angry, as he's also aware of the truth. Kyros informs him that he was the one who spread the rumor, and that the only people who knew the truth in the first place were the royalty and Doflamingo Family. He further explains that it would do no good for a former criminal like him to reveal his identity as Rebecca's father to the public, and even sent her a letter explaining that much to her. However, Luffy isn't satisfied with the explanation. Suddenly, Bartolomeo rushes into the house while at the same time Kyros gets a call from Leo. They both inform them that Sengoku and Tsuru arrived and that they're in danger. Back to the marines, Fuji rolls his dice.... which lands on a six. He then orders his men to apprehend Straw-Hat and all other criminals being harbored in the palace immediately! Even worse, the crew don't even have a ship to escape in!

However, despite the danger, Luffy's allies were prepared for something like this! The samurai and dwarves were on the lookout for the marines the whole time, and Bart tells Luffy and co. to escape through the east dock, where more allies are waiting to help them. Soon, the marines raid the palace, and the pirates are ready to leave. Luffy is concerned about Bellamy, but he assures him he can move. Bellamy asks Law why he let him live, but the supernova merely responds it's because Luffy considers him a friend, and he's free to die on his own time. The pirates soon escape...... except for Luffy, that is. He says he has unfinished business to take care of.....

-Rebecca learns of the situation from Viola, and regrets not getting the chance to express her gratitude. Meanwhile, as he hunts down Luffy, Fujitora says he'll test Luffy's luck.... with all his might...!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-08-05 at 23:34.
Old 2015-08-05, 12:59   Link #2
necrolyte

The first page looks really promising but if I have to make a guess from the title I think it won't be very interesting chapter and most of it will be some talk between Rebeca and Kyros.
P.S. I still hope that I will be wrong and the chapter will be more than that
Old 2015-08-05, 23:15   Link #3
Best_name_ever

Detailed summary for one piece chapter 796

It's been a while since I posted something..........

Well, here are some of the spoilers for One piece chapter 796. Enjoy. Credits to Aohige_AP!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/xs9ycnP.png

796 Mr Soldier's resolve
cover is splash of crew in summer getting wet on the beach

3 days have passed since the fight, Sengoku and Tsuru arrive in Dressrosa.

Tsuru asks if Straw Hat Luffy is still on the island, and a marine confirms yes.
Sengoku is laughs saying he heard about the clash between Fujitora and Sakazuki, and says he's glad he's no longer the fleet admiral himself.
She questions Fujitora why he's not going after Luffy

Fujitora rolls the dice, telling her is "The injured pirate who saved this nation" considered an enemy, or is he considered a hero?

Luffy has won the dice luck two days in a row.
Today is the third day... and I haven't been cheating on the dice.
He hands the dice over to Tsuru, and told her if anything but 1 comes out, he'll go capture them.

Princess Mansherry appears, asking for Popo donations.
Tsuru smiles at the cute tontatta.
The princess is going around healing people, and Tsuru asks how...

Meanwhile in the central city
Gats announced today is the day our King will return
At the palace, Elizabello and Riku are having a chat.
Elizabello mentions the irony of nation of people who were lost in celebration of wealth and violence now wanting peace.
Riku ponders if he will be able to bring happiness to them, and jokes he could be a god who can shield them from any disasters.
He'll do his best, until the day he can hand over the throne to Rebecca.
Elizabello laughs, remembering how feisty Scarlet used to be.

Rebecca is being dressed up by maids in the palace.
A maid says she heard Scarlet ran off to wed a prince in a faraway land, and the king had to announce her dead. Of course this isn't true, Kyros asked the king to make this story up for her sake.

The two samurai ride a drawn bird through the city, listening to the rumors.

Princess Scarlet ran off to a kingdom in war to marry a prince, and Rebecca was born... but the prince died in war, leaving Scarlet and Rebecca to live quietly in secret here in the kingdom. So princess Rebecca is of noble blood, no peasantry in her linage.

Kin hears the rumor and is puzzled.
Kan notices Mansherry's "flower medicine" being handed out by marines.
The princess has been sucking out life force from donors and turning it into chiyupopo to hand out.
Sengoku is impressed at her powers, and offers his own. He boasts he should be able to heal 10 severely injured people all by himself.

Meanwhile at Kyros' house
Luffy is awake, and hears the rumor about Rebecca's father being a prince elsewhere.
Luffy eats, sleeps, sad about Sabo being gone, and angry at the rumor all at the same time.
He yells Rebecca's dad is the toy soldier, but falls asleep in mid-sentence.
Luffy still hasn't recovered fully.

Kyros tells the crew he spread the rumor himself.
The only ones who know Rebecca's true linage are royalty and Don Quixote family. He spread the rumor before anyone else learns about him.
Kyros has a criminal past, and grew up in poverty far from nobility. He says he was never fit to be united with a noble blood.
He sent a letter to Rebecca detailing his whole life, and and why he did this.
He wants Rebecca to live happily where she belongs.
But Luffy still doesn't seem convinced.

Barto runs into the room, hearing Luffy finally work up.
Meanwhile Kyros receives a call from Leo.

Barto is stricken by five strawhat pirates being in the same room, but Zoro tells him to hurry up and spill the news. Barto tells them Vice Admiral Otsuru and Sengoku have arrived on the island, and they'll be in danger soon.
Meanwhile Leo reports the marines in question are on the move!

Back at Isshou... the dice rolled six.
Isshou orders all the marines to mobilize and arrest the Straw Hat pirates, Law, and all the criminals being shielded in the palace.

Kyros warns the straw hats the marines are coming.
The two samurai tells them they've only been waiting for Luffy to wake up, they're ready to get out of here. But they don't have a ship.

Kyros asks Leo if he's ready. Leo has been on the move at Kyros' orders.
Leo also warns Barto that the marines are heading to the palace to arrest the gladiators, but Barto says not to worry, they've been keeping eyes on marines the whole time.

The marines rush to the palace to capture Pirates, the citizens are in shock "even Lucy!?"

Barto tells Luffy & co to head to East port. He and his friends (Sai, Cavendish, etc) are posted on the the way to help them escape to the east dock.
The marines rush to Kyros' house, ready to attack Luffy & co.

Luffy asks Bellamy if he can stand on his own. Bellamy says he's fine, he can even run. He yells at Law why he didn't just leave him to die. Law tells him the Straw Hat said you're his friend, that's why I brought you here. If you want to die, help yourself.

As they argue Barto urges them to move.
At Barto's lead, the straw hats, Law, and Bellamy all run.
But Luffy stays behind, saying he has unfinished business to take care of.
Meanwhile Viola tells Rebecca Lucy and others are being chased, they're about to set sail from the island. Rebecca says she hasn't had the chance to give her gratitude yet.

Admiral Fujitora mutters to himself. Let me test to see if your luck has really run dry... with all my powers.

End of chapter

NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!!!! Break due to OBON, a WSJ break not One Piece break. DOUBLE ISSUE THIS WEEK!!!!
Old 2015-08-05, 23:34   Link #4
marvelB

^Uh.... that wasn't really necessary, since I already put up a summary myself and all, heh.

And crap, I forgot about that holiday break, gotta get that added to the thread title....
Old 2015-08-06, 01:20   Link #5
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so luffy stayed back to fight fuji or something?
Old 2015-08-06, 03:45   Link #6
marvelB

^Considering the parallels between this arc and Alabasta, I'm leaning more towards Luffy staying behind to give Rebecca and Kyros a flashy farewell before finally making his escape. Probably in some fashion to convince Kyros that he should stick by Rebecca's side as a father rather than distancing himself with rumors (which Luffy clearly disagreed with). Otherwise, I strongly doubt our rubber friend is going to take on the combined might of an admiral, former fleet admiral, AND VA now of all times, when he hasn't fully recovered yet.
Old 2015-08-06, 04:31   Link #7
itachi-san314

Barty really knows how to steal the show
Old 2015-08-06, 04:52   Link #8
Talendra

Man, Sengoku looked happy and relaxed in a way that I can't remember seeing before, really like it!

Also, with all the Alabasta parallels, it certainly doesn't seem a coincidence that Bellamy's lines to Law sound awfully like what Robin said to Luffy before she joined the Strawhats.
Old 2015-08-06, 06:48   Link #9
shunks

They Nailed it!

since FA senguko Showed up and its VA seems like they not to investigate only but also to capture, maybe this chapter is only to introduce and show that FA senguko is joining the show off with Pirates again.
Yeah! luffy got some considerable company there.
But I am thinking of what kind of Ship will they barrow or in whom ship will they take off?
bart's ship? since they let their sunny go in advance.
What king of voyage they will have and whom will they have with the ship.
I am guessing that those fighters at the coliseum will go with them since they are also targeted by the marines.
What do you think?
too much of speculations. lol
Old 2015-08-06, 07:08   Link #10
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
This chapter will catch some heat for cutting away from Kaido for sure, but I don't mind at all. We can't have the guy have that much panel time just yet.
Old 2015-08-06, 07:18   Link #11
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunks View Post
since FA senguko Showed up and its VA seems like they not to investigate only but also to capture, maybe this chapter is only to introduce and show that FA senguko is joining the show off with Pirates again.
Yeah! luffy got some considerable company there.
But I am thinking of what kind of Ship will they barrow or in whom ship will they take off?
bart's ship? since they let their sunny go in advance.
What king of voyage they will have and whom will they have with the ship.
I am guessing that those fighters at the coliseum will go with them since they are also targeted by the marines.
What do you think?
too much of speculations. lol
The current Sengoku does not seem to care too much about chasing down the Pirates in Dressrosa. Not saying he wouldn't fight at all - Tsuru seems able to pressure him into it - but his "justice" might have changed along with his rank over the timeskip.

As for getting away, well, a submarine would come in really hand in this situation, wouldn't it? I would love to know some more about Law's "ship", it certainly seems unique enough to make that quite interesting; but somehow I doubt that this will actually be the route Oda goes.
Old 2015-08-06, 07:22   Link #12
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Sengoku looks more cheerful now
being an Admiral must be tough for him

Still wondering why Rebecca would be the heir... Violet should be a more suitable choice
Old 2015-08-06, 07:22   Link #13
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
This chapter will catch some heat for cutting away from Kaido for sure, but I don't mind at all. We can't have the guy have that much panel time just yet.
I honestly thought that Bellamy would stay in Dressrosa, and help with the restorations to atone for his crimes. I guess Oda thought that was too cliché. Got to say it would be weird seeing him as part of the crew if only for a little bit. He might be the first casualty when the fight starts with Kaido.
Old 2015-08-06, 08:11   Link #14
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

My money is on Luffy just spilling the beans on Kyros being the real father. Honestly with this kind of people and how happy they are to see King Riku back in power, Kyros...the man that helped take down Doffy would be welcomed. Kyros has this weird self deprecating and warped view of himself because of his past but honestly, he is a far better man than most.

Luffy will likely head into town, announce who Rebecca's real father is and then after a short skirmish with Fujitora (rather, him just dodging the attacks) he'll make a flashy escape signaling his farewell to Rebecca and the rest...Alabasta style.
Old 2015-08-06, 08:15   Link #15
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i sincerely hope Bellamy DOES NOT join the crew...
Old 2015-08-06, 08:27   Link #16
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
i sincerely hope Bellamy DOES NOT join the crew...
He's bailing Dressrosa with them.....
Old 2015-08-06, 08:48   Link #17
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Bellamy joining the Strawhats as a crew member doesn't even make any sense. Honestly, there's more chance of Kyros joining; and I know people wouldn't be happy about that.
Old 2015-08-06, 08:54   Link #18
Talendra

Of course Bellamy won't join the Strawhats. Instead (given the translation I read is correct), this chapter had a very obvious foreshadowing that he will join Law: Bellamy basically said he wanted to die and Law is responsible for this not happening and thus responsible for his Life. The very argument Oda used as a reason for Robin to join the Strawhats.
Old 2015-08-06, 08:59   Link #19
Slayerx

So they were prepared to leave as soon as Luffy woke up, but didn't prepare a ship? Well atleast Barto is on top of things

Also was it necessary for Kyros to write Rebecca a letter? I can get why he needs to pretend he is not her father, but that doesn't mean he has to stop seeing her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talendra View Post
Man, Sengoku looked happy and relaxed in a way that I can't remember seeing before, really like it!
Yes, Sengoku seems like he's in defacto retirement and its been a good stress reliever for him. Guy seems to just as laid back and as cheerful as Garp now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Still wondering why Rebecca would be the heir... Violet should be a more suitable choice
Agreed. Rebecca wasn't raised for leadership, she started out with a more humble upbringing and even that only lasted a few years before it too was thrown into chaos; girl shouldn't even have a basic education. Viola would be a much better choice. She is older and was raised as a princess; unlike rebecca she should be well educated and she actually got a chance to see how the country should be ruled while living under her father's reign, and she would have more knowledge of the country itself. And another benefit is the fact that Viola has the ability to, LITERALLY, watch over the entire country(heck the range of her clairvoyance would probably even let her watch the neighboring countries aswell)... Not to mention that viola could be paired with a prince and thus avoid all that nonsense they are going through with kyros over his low birth. She really is the perfect choice as Riku's heir

Eh it just feels like Oda's trying to force Rebecca's importance when she really isn't all that important. She wasn't really important to the plot, and the country doesn't really even need her that much. I mean if Rebecca wanted she could ditch Dressrosa to travel the world and the country would get by just fine without her. She's no Vivi.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2015-08-06 at 09:11.
Old 2015-08-06, 10:04   Link #20
bulukan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Sengoku looks more cheerful now
being an Admiral must be tough for him

maybe because Viola is former Doflamingo Executive

and rebecca have quite many people who follow her when she is fighting as women gladiator
Closed Thread