AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-19, 05:54   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 797 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Holiday break is over, so we're back on track! Credit goes to AP's Redon and Aohige for the current spoiler:

-Chapter title is "Rebecca". Splash page has Smoker, the G5 unit, and the Punk Hazard kids.

-Zoro tells Luffy to hurry and finish with whatever business he has and to hurry up to the east port. However, Bart notices that Zoro is running towards the south instead, but that doesn't diminish his admiration for the swordsman, naturally. Meanwhile, a group of marines led by VA Bastille (little hard to tell from the pic's size, but it looks like he replaced the mask that Sabo destroyed) are busy searching for the pirates. Abdullah and Jeet try to distract him with a fake call claiming that all pirates have been taken care of, but the VA catches on to them. The marines chasing the Straw-Hats now have a bunch of the gladiators to deal with....

-Meanwhile, at the palace, Luffy shouts for Rebecca, who answers him as the marines are closing in on him. He leaps to her window, asking if she's alright with Kyros' decision to leave her. She said she read his letters, and asks if her father is fine with the decision, but Luffy once again asks her if SHE is the one okay with this. She answers that no, she's obviously not! Thus, Luffy asks her to go somewhere with him, to which she agrees, but not before asking her aunt Viola for a favor. Soon, the two set off together, but the people of the palace misunderstand the situation as Luffy kidnapping Rebecca!

-The news of the kidnapping spreads all over the nation. The marines try to fire at Luffy, but the rifles fire duds and the soldiers fall to the ground! Bastille thinks it's because Luffy used Conqueror's Haki, but one of his men confirms that's not the case, as the fallen marines are still conscious. Meanwhile, the townsfolk prepare to stop Luffy as well, believing that in the end, a pirate is still a pirate even if he saved the nation. Meanwhile, Kyros gets ready to depart, but as soon as he opens his door, he spots none other than.... Rebecca! She demands that he stop lying, and regardless of his bloody history, he is her one true father! As she embraces him, she remembers the promise he made when he was Thunder Soldier. A tearful Kyros asks if she's truly alright with him being her father, and she replies that yes, she is, and wants to live together with him.

-Viola tells king Riku Rebecca's message: She has no intention of returning to the palace, and wishes for Viola to be princess in her stead. Apparently, this is the second time she's been asked this favor (the first time was probably by Rebecca's mother). Meanwhile, the Straw-Hats are waiting for Luffy at the east dock, and it turns out that Law has disappeared somewhere, as well. Soon, Bart spots Fujitora flying after them, while Luffy makes his way to the dock...!!!

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-08-19 at 20:49.
Old 2015-08-19, 15:17   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

summary is up.
Old 2015-08-19, 20:12   Link #3
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

For a second I thought Rebecca was joining

Did Law just leave off panel? No, Oda wouldn't do that would he?

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-08-19, 20:34   Link #4
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
For a second I thought Rebecca was joining

Did Law just leave off panel? No, Oda wouldn't do that would he?
I hope she does, So then I can laugh at all the haters and watch you all dismay.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-08-19, 20:52   Link #5
marvelB

Bit late, but the summary's up! Jeez, Luffy saved an entire nation from annihilation, yet they somehow believe he still has wicked intentions.... no respect, I tells ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
I hope she does, So then I can laugh at all the haters and watch you all dismay.
Doesn't look like she will, considering the chapter's content....
Old 2015-08-19, 21:10   Link #6
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Bit late, but the summary's up! Jeez, Luffy saved an entire nation from annihilation, yet they somehow believe he still has wicked intentions.... no respect, I tells ya!

Doesn't look like she will, considering the chapter's content....
Well I guess so. But I'll still hold onto hope for myself. That Kyros's will set her free some how.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-08-19, 22:57   Link #7
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I'm just going to add how sheepish and horrible the Dressrosa residents are.

Bartolomew, Cavendish, and even Elizabello called them out, and they were right.
It's like they have no integrity or thoughts of their own.

I feel sorry for Viola for having to rule over these morons.
(I don't feel sorry for Riku, as the state of the citizens is largely his fault)
Old 2015-08-20, 01:18   Link #8
Rainbowman

Next chapter should mention the next destination for sure.
Old 2015-08-20, 02:25   Link #9
necrolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm just going to add how sheepish and horrible the Dressrosa residents are.

Bartolomew, Cavendish, and even Elizabello called them out, and they were right.
It's like they have no integrity or thoughts of their own.

I feel sorry for Viola for having to rule over these morons.
(I don't feel sorry for Riku, as the state of the citizens is largely his fault)
This is the most important thing we've learned in this chapter...
When Luffy said that he has something to do before leaving I was pretty sure he will go to Rebeca and do something like that so almost nothing happaned in this chapter. The only good thing here is Zoro and Barto's reactions
Old 2015-08-20, 03:37   Link #10
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

i thought he want to get some lunch from her as she promised at colleseum

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
Old 2015-08-20, 04:30   Link #11
Talendra

What a disappointing chapter! It was exclusively dedicated to a really boring character (imo) and did not move the plot forward one bit. Even more annoyingly, said character's problem was merely introduced last chapter. It just feels so pointless, especially since this is a double-issue.

I really hoped the dragging out would finally stop since the Dressrosa arc is over for all practical intents and purposes, but now I'm actually afraid that Oda might stick with this style...
Old 2015-08-20, 04:32   Link #12
Kaz_

You know that a chapters gonna be a disappointing side-story when its named after some side-character. It was like the whole chapter was designed with the single purpose of shortening the lenght of Fuji's arrival.
Old 2015-08-20, 06:49   Link #13
Ultragunner

I think Oda is dead on finishing this arc on the 800th chapter LOL
Old 2015-08-20, 07:08   Link #14
james0246

So now Rebecca will marry her father and live happily ever after. The End.
Old 2015-08-20, 07:51   Link #15
marvelB

Eh, I'm not the biggest Rebecca fan either, but I do feel it was important for Oda to give both her and Kyros some proper closure, and I think this chapter handled that well enough. That being said, maybe Oda will actually make her interesting in a future cover ministory a few years from now.

Also, gotta mention that I found the look on Bart's face at the end of the chapter when he saw Fujitora chasing them down priceless!
Old 2015-08-20, 08:45   Link #16
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

and... right when fuji catches up to the SH...

"i've come to put a stop to this chase" - shanks
Old 2015-08-20, 10:56   Link #17
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So now Rebecca will marry her father and live happily ever after. The End.
I'd read that.

But yeah, good chapter, and a necessary one. Now the question is what they'll do about Fujitora. The dice have spoken, so I guess he's not going to let them go willingly.
Old 2015-08-20, 15:16   Link #18
Wandering Soul

Wow those citizens are real ungrateful. Didn't take much to change their opinion.
Old 2015-08-20, 16:12   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hahaha... Dressrosa citizens are truly disappointing

anyway, I think rather than joining Strawhat, Rebecca manage to secure best ending for herself
I feel totally satisfied with this ending

by the way, how would Strawhat crews outsmart Fujitora this time? by sacrificing Law?
Old 2015-08-20, 16:48   Link #20
Talendra

The whole thing with Law having vanished might just be a setup to an easy escape, we know he can create incredibly large room these days, so Oda can always make Law let every single Pirate vanish to safety... although I do hope that is not whats going to happen, would be somewhat lame.
Closed Thread