Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-09-03, 10:49   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I do hope as a whole Luffy accepts this stuff. It may not be his preference of things, but in order to make it in the New World against what he's dealing with...he needs numbers. Even if he can fight the main opponent of the enemy force it means nothing if he doesn't have enough members. There is a real limitation to what a small crew can go up against.

It does feel like Luffy to throw all that off, but I'd just hope he's learned a bit over the years. Having an awesome bunch of crews that can be called on when the need exists...is probably going to be necessary. He's got Yonkou to take on, the navy eventually, and especially of note being Blackbeard. If he wants to be Pirate King he'll need that help.

Whether he calls it just allies, or friends, or whatever, I think he should in the end accept that.
Old 2015-09-03, 11:03   Link #22
Sebazu

Honestly i think he's going to call them brothers since they want to exchange sake cups.
Old 2015-09-03, 11:07   Link #23
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Luffy: NO.
Barty: I knew you'd say that, Luffy-sempai!
Old 2015-09-03, 11:19   Link #24
Talendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebazu View Post
Honestly i think he's going to call them brothers since they want to exchange sake cups.
There is no way in hell Luffy is going to put those people on the same level as Ace and Sabo!
Old 2015-09-03, 11:29   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is a major step Luffy has to undertake if he wants to be pirate king one day. Hopefully, he won't screw it up. Not to mention, having 5,600 pirates as allies is more than welcome given that he now has two yonkou after his ass.

The more I see of Fujitora, the more I like him. Definitely my favorite admiral.
Old 2015-09-03, 11:46   Link #26
AdventSleeper

Wow.

Anyways I think this alliance will be somewhat of an informal relationship. Something along the lines of Luffy saying "do whatever you want" and each crew essentially remains as allies but not part of the crew..

Idk, I've just always envisioned the straw hats to be something closer to the small Shanks crew rather than the giant Whitebeard crew.
Old 2015-09-03, 11:51   Link #27
teejmo

I'm thinking Luffy will take it. I mean, he's already offered a pirate captain (Jinbe) to join his crew. And seeing how important Luffy thinks about his own crew, I'm sure he would have accepted the Sun Pirates as a whole. Granted, none of the pirates from Dressrosa have anywhere near as good a relationship as the former Shichibukai (even if one of them practically worships him as a god).

My guess is that he'll accept being their leader but tell them to do whatever they want... which was just what the previous guy said...
Old 2015-09-03, 12:08   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The more I see of Fujitora, the more I like him. Definitely my favorite admiral.
me too! I don't see why he had to scar his whole head though, if all he wanted to do was blind himself i guess he's just that much of a badass. for me, he's tied with Kizaru as favorite
Old 2015-09-03, 12:08   Link #29
Gilly

Luffy said in the very first chapter he will assemble a crew stronger than Shanks'. He better not refuse this offer. Besides, there's no way he is taking out three Yonko fleets with just his own crew.
Old 2015-09-03, 12:11   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
how many pirates fought with whitebeard during the war?
luffy will need as much if not more if he wants to go against the marines in the last battle

Whitebeard had 43 pirate crews at his side during the time of the Marineford arc. Luffy's current alliance has 7 representatives (more like 8 after counting Law). Though to be honest, I actually wouldn't be so surprised if the 43 ships from Whitebeard's alliance integrated themselves into Luffy's near the end of the series!
Old 2015-09-03, 12:12   Link #31
Casshern

Senpai has finally noticed Luffy. Unfortunately, kouhai doesn't give a shit. Role reversal ftw.

Really like the Fujitora monologue... dem feels.

When they started announcing the captains and crews I just thought Is this what I think it is? Is it finally happening? What an epic scene, I was so happy! I don't know what Luffy will say, but I know that one way or another they will all fight with him from now on. I hope he makes that huge smile and says Sure, let's do it!
Old 2015-09-03, 12:38   Link #32
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Whitebeard had 43 pirate crews at his side during the time of the Marineford arc. Luffy's current alliance has 7 representatives (more like 8 after counting Law). Though to be honest, I actually wouldn't be so surprised if the 43 ships from Whitebeard's alliance integrated themselves into Luffy's near the end of the series!
Let's put it this way, one of Whitebeard's final orders to his crew and alliance was to protect Ace's little brother. I'm sure this will come into play at some point. Now, I dunno about joining the alliance under the Strawhats but if we're talking about allying and helping the strawhats out if they meet-up then yes, I believe that will definitely happen.

Gotta say, Fishman Island will be a lot safer now, considering it is under Luffy's protection...which would mean it would be under the protection of this huge alliance.
Old 2015-09-03, 13:18   Link #33
Wandering Soul

I hope Luffy takes the deal. It really would be in his best interest. Having that many allies helps when you are going up against two Yonkou.

Fujitora confirmed for best Admiral.

Also the citizens really didn't change their opinion of Luffy that fast. Glad they learned there are some pirates they can trust.
Old 2015-09-03, 13:58   Link #34
mickbis

Didn't expected that Fujitora face lol He is now one of my top favorite marine character
Fujitora is a really nice guy... he know full well that Luffy will be furiously target by the Yonkou and thus will suffering so he want to be the one to end Luffy himself but in the end Dressrosa citizen action open his mind
Too bad his eye will never return.

I hope Luffy will accepted the proposal.
now it the right time to show the world the caliber and leadership of future Pirate King
he will need them in the near future against Big Mom and Kaidou
Old 2015-09-03, 14:04   Link #35
P_Dezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Luffy at the end of this saga, if he beats Kaido, will more than likely be his replacement, so he'll need his allies and subordinate pirate crews.
Old 2015-09-03, 14:49   Link #36
Okami Ninja

Luffy will probably not want them to join his crew but, it would help out a lot of the story if they did think about it all of the enemies the fought so far especially the shibukai crocodile, gecko moria, and don flamingo all had huge armies and very strong crew memebers I don't think its a stretch to say that if all the warriors from the fighting tournament weren't there law and luffy's alliance would have been destroyed even if the rest of the straw hat crew was there. In laws original plan he probably wanted Don Flamingo to take out a decent amount of Kaido's crew before he got defeated. Since that didn't happen Kaido's crew will be at 100% and his crew is going to be way bigger and stronger than Don Flamingo's so there is no way they could beat Kaido without a massive army on their side to as well a big power up for the straw hats.
Old 2015-09-03, 14:55   Link #37
Okami Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This is a major step Luffy has to undertake if he wants to be pirate king one day. Hopefully, he won't screw it up. Not to mention, having 5,600 pirates as allies is more than welcome given that he now has two yonkou after his ass.

I don't think Luffy will have to fight Big Ma'am. Remember the captain girl from thriller bark at the end of that saga she gave name a vivre card that led to mom saying that her mom was a big deal in the new world and that the straw hats should call her if they ever need help. I'm pretty sure that big ma'am was here mother
Old 2015-09-03, 14:55   Link #38
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Luffy should accept the offer, after his defeat against Dof he's going to gain more enemies, Kaidou including.

Next chapter I bet will see Luffy and his group get bounties, if it's the same amount as the chapter number LOL.

If Sanji and his group don't get a bounty, his face will be priceless. This will be even worse for him than not getting his pictures right on his wanted posters.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-09-03, 16:42   Link #39
laughingwalls

The way one piece has been setup since beginning is that the ability to make a name for your self as what ever determines your influence and level of freedom. To be pirate king means having freedom on the seas (see raleigh- straw hats meeting in bar).

I think luffy will accept, maybe not something so formal as letting them use straw hat name. A pirate alliance with him as leader is probably something he needs to continue moving forward. Every single Yonkou before the war we'd introduced to shanks/white beard all had huge crews. I thought that is some what necessary for new world. Yonkou's essentially control territory. If Luffy is too challenge them directly he needs to be able to hold territory. I also think the final story is setup so luffy will eventually take on the world government directly.
Old 2015-09-03, 17:02   Link #40
Rainbowman

The "Alliance" Saga is certainly living up to it's name. Despite no chapter next week, it'll all be worth it at the 800 milestone.
Closed Thread