AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Your favorite Higurashi Kai character
Maebara Keiichi 32 13.97%
Ryuguu Rena 49 21.40%
Sonozaki Mion 24 10.48%
Houjou Satoko 16 6.99%
Furude Rika 53 23.14%
Sonozaki Shion 25 10.92%
Hanyuu 30 13.10%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-17, 17:13   Link #21
Zeedox

Send a message via MSN to Zeedox
Oya? How come Ooishi or Irie and the rest is not on the list? Irie-sensei neeeeds votes after his heartfelt preformance in episode 2! \(><)/

I'll just put a vote for Keiichi in the hopes of a future maid-penalty game.
Old 2007-07-18, 12:36   Link #22
spardajackal
Infamous Cheesethief

Rika for me, she seems like the strongest character (I maybe wrong) Oh and for her sheer cuteness
Old 2007-07-18, 14:26   Link #23
DizzyRoro

I voted for Keiichi, just because his presence in Hinamizawa makes a 'Happy Ending' possible at all. Just call him "Mr.Catalyst-for-a-Miracle"!

I would've voted Hanyuu just because she's so honourable for her ability to withstand or Rika for her perseverance through all her trials but... Keiichi's already shown us his integral part at beating the tragedy in Tsumihoroboshi; and because of that, I believe he has a lot more to offer for our characters.
Old 2007-07-23, 06:02   Link #24
Akabane_Kun
The no ending cycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzyRoro View Post
I voted for Keiichi, just because his presence in Hinamizawa makes a 'Happy Ending' possible at all. Just call him "Mr.Catalyst-for-a-Miracle"!

I would've voted Hanyuu just because she's so honourable for her ability to withstand or Rika for her perseverance through all her trials but... Keiichi's already shown us his integral part at beating the tragedy in Tsumihoroboshi; and because of that, I believe he has a lot more to offer for our characters.
Nice spoils you got there :P
Old 2007-07-24, 14:59   Link #25
DizzyRoro

I didn't really declare anything that's a spoil... I only stated the possibilities for a "Happy Ending", nor did I state what Hanyuu does, or what Rika's trials are (though they're pretty much obvious at this point of the series)... I'll gladly put the second part in spoilers if people begin to think its a problem, however.
Old 2007-07-25, 02:24   Link #26
meh

I voted for Keiichi, but this show is pretty much all story-driven. So I don't feel too deeply for anyone. Although I must say Rika's "niipa" is the cutest thing ever.
Old 2007-07-25, 18:48   Link #27
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor

Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
I was having a tough decision between Rena and Mion and Shion and Rika and Keiichi and Hanyuu so I took Hanyuu for the easy way out >_>.
Old 2007-07-25, 19:41   Link #28
PieWhatWhere
The Baker

Send a message via AIM to PieWhatWhere
Rika for me, she shows to most depth as a character and while she didn't get as much focus in the first season, the second season is really starting to show off the strong points in Rika's character from her undeniable charm and her feelings of desperation and inevitability. And her Mii~ and nippa!! are so cute.
Old 2007-07-26, 21:46   Link #29
Shion's Sanity
Banned

I agree this thread should have been postponed awhile. With the exception of Rika and Satoko, most of the characters have really not gotten any screentime at all. That's what it feels like for the main characters as well, even if it's not completely true.

I'm still rooting for Tomitake, but I've seen him hardly at all in the second season.;-;
Old 2007-08-07, 21:57   Link #30
Wanderer
Goat

I'm reserving my vote until I see all of it. From the first season, I loved all 6 of the main characters. Everyone was likable at first, yet much deeper than they appeared. There were no weak points as far as characters went in Higurashi 1 ...though Satoko was not developed enough.

First time around I voted for Keiichi. He was awesome in Tsumihoroboshi-hen. One of my favorite scenes in all of anime is when he hugged Mion. Although, I rewatched the 1st series months later and oddly enough, since she was on the bottom my list when I voted on the forums, it was Shion who really captured my heart. She's completely my number 1 now

As for Kai, I don't expect a lot of the light to shine on Shion, rather, I expect to see a lot of Rika and Keiichi and Hanyuu. My vote will likely end up for Shion or Keiichi, but like I said, I'm reserving my vote for the end.
Old 2007-08-07, 21:59   Link #31
ayukanon45
Doujin Music Composer

Send a message via MSN to ayukanon45
ah, im hoping that well see some more deformation in faces, then ill base my vote on that, woevers deforms best, i always say
Old 2007-08-07, 23:12   Link #32
MezzoDragon

I can't believe Satoko is the least favorite of the group. She a cute little fang girl. Aw well. I suppose it cannot be helped.
Old 2007-08-10, 15:25   Link #33
Shana-tan
Uruchai Uruchai Uruchai

Satoko, she seems like a brat in the first season, but in the second I emphatize with her

Uruchai! Uruchai! Uruchai!
Old 2007-08-11, 18:02   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah hard to vote at the moment since I'm positive my opinino on some characters will develop as the series goes along. There are a lot of likable characters here so making a choice won't be easy. Think though especially Satoko will get more fans after what she's already been through this season.
Old 2007-08-13, 06:47   Link #35
shigure asa

Send a message via MSN to shigure asa
魅音~♪ 魅音~♪
in higurashi kai also, mi-chan is the only choice ^^
although i like rena's "omochikaeri mode"/"oyashiro mode",
that "always genki club leader" and "hidden cute girlish side" of mion's character is number one ★
ねーねー shion is pretty good too right?? (>w<)b

Last edited by shigure asa; 2007-08-16 at 18:23. Reason: change to hankaku eiji ^^''
Old 2007-08-13, 07:33   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As always, i'm voting for Keiichi. He made such a great impression in the first episode --- and that intends to keep on growing with this season.
Old 2007-08-14, 06:53   Link #37
Bloodseeker

I can't decide... Rena, Mion, and Shion are all great.

*votes Mion because he figures that she'd probably have the least amount of votes out of the three*

*sees current standings*

Dammit, I should have voted for Rena.

*is liking Rika's melancholy attitude this season quiet a bit less than how she was in season 1*
Old 2007-08-14, 16:56   Link #38
Echoes

I'm starting to think that voting before I got to see Hanyuu was a terribly bad idea.
Old 2007-08-14, 17:14   Link #39
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah I`m still left happy holding back on the vote so far. Though I`m still sitting on the Rika and Keiichi split. Still not certain which one I would choose at the end. Rika dealing with all the times she has gone through and still able to move forward. Though Keiichi has shown some pretty smooth moments as well beating down on fate. Maybe after the series is done it will be easier to make a pick.
Old 2007-08-14, 22:46   Link #40
maymay
Inactive~

i wish you could choose multiple characters. Satoko gets no love. She's my nuber 2 after Rika.
Closed Thread