AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-07, 21:47   Link #1
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Canaan (428 The Animation)

I search the forum but no hits so here it is.

Creative force of TYPEMOON now is confirmed anime TV series, 428. It is supposedly a sequel to a famous game by Chunsoft, machi backed with money from SEGA. It is very surprising that it is announced that it will be produced as anime instead of a game.

Kinoko Nasu and Takashi Takeuchi will be providing story writing and art design respectively. Few people from True Tears will be also in the staffing. PA Works will be responsible for this.

Slated for 2009 release.

Official site
My entry on this

Cheers.
Old 2008-11-07, 22:21   Link #2
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The November issue (on sale on October 10) of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine will reportedly announce that Sega and Chunsoft's 428 ~Fuusa Sareta Shibuya de~ visual novel will be adapted into a new anime project. The visual novel tells a present-day story about a detective, a young man, a virus researcher, a freelance writer, and a cat mascot character who are brought together by bizarre events with worldwide implications in the Tokyo neighborhood of Shibuya. Type-Moon is already producing a bonus anime scenario for the game. Screenplay writer Kinoko Nasu and original character designer Takashi Takeuchi of Fate/stay night and Tsukihime, Lunar Legend fame are involved in both 428 projects.

Sword of the Stranger director Masahiro Ando (not to be confused with the similarly named Sailor Moon animation director Masahiro Ando) is overseeing the animators at P.A. Works (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society, Darker than BLACK). Mari Okada (Vampire Knight, Toradora!) is overseeing the scripts, and Kanami Sekiguchi is designing the anime's characters. The visual novel itself will ship on December 4 for the Nintendo Wii console in Japan.

Source: Seasons of Change Livedoor Blog
Posted last month around this time o_O In any case this series definitely sounds interesting. Not only is Sword of the Stranger's director managing/overseeing the animation production, which is being done by an amazing studio, but we also have a great artist who is heading up the character designer and also staffed on the True Tears project.

From the very little we can see of anime related mediums here, I'm thinking the character design looks pretty good. Wish I could see more tho o:

As far as the 428 game is concerned, it's coming out on the Wii this December 4th: http://www.gpara.com/comingsoon/428/080709/ (correct me if I'm wrong )

Random Curiosity also announces 428's anime adaptation and provides a link to 428's game site:

428 ~封鎖された渋谷で~
428 ~Blocked At Shibuya~
http://chun.sega.jp/428/

Capped/cropped from official 428 site, I plan on editing out the text later if I can find the time too

and I'm laughing my ass of at this motto or w/e you want to call it

I figure they mean "solitude," so in essence that's a great quote, but the tyop makes it pure win :>

Last edited by shomazta; 2008-11-07 at 22:58.
shomazta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:32   Link #3
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by shomazta View Post
Capped/cropped from official 428 site, I plan on editing out the text later if I can find the time too
Wait.....their facial physiques indicate that the person on the right is a girl and the one on the left is a guy..............but their bodily physiques indicate the opposite......

Huhwutnau?!
Old 2008-11-07, 23:51   Link #4
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Type-moon = High Expectations

Then again Tsukihime and F/SN wasn't as good as what they could of been, but KnK should be enough to see that it's possible to have a great TM adaption.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:52   Link #5
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Wait.....their facial physiques indicate that the person on the right is a girl and the one on the left is a guy..............but their bodily physiques indicate the opposite......

Huhwutnau?!
I'm similarly confused.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 23:55   Link #6
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
I don't see guy... you seen Kara no Kyoukai? If anything you're probably only seeing that due to the weird angle o_O Dirty blond just has a small rack :/ Character design is hot though, in my opinion, but I guess that's what you'd expect from Takeuchi Takashi

Now that I look at the short chick more closely she does seem to have more of a muscular look-ish chest xD I doubt (and seriously hope) that's not the case...
Old 2008-11-07, 23:56   Link #7
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Traps = win.

I think I'll look out for this lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:03   Link #8
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cicido View Post
Type-moon = High Expectations

Then again Tsukihime and F/SN wasn't as good as what they could of been, but KnK should be enough to see that it's possible to have a great TM adaption.
Is this actually a Type-Moon adaptation or is Type-Moon simply doing that "bonus anime scenario for the game." Also, although I can agree with you about F/Sn, I can't agree about Shingetsutan Tsukihime... one of the best animations ever. Kara no Kyoukai's quality and overall production is unsurpassable, and if P.A. Works can manage to keep the same level of quality with 428 then this would be pure awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Traps = win.
He isn't a girl. She isn't a guy... wait. Better not be no traps -.- I think you're all just looking at the image the wrong way
Old 2008-11-08, 00:10   Link #9
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Is this actually a Type-Moon adaptation or is Type-Moon simply doing that "bonus anime scenario for the game." Also, although I can agree with you about F/Sn, I can't agree about Shingetsutan Tsukihime... one of the best animations ever. Kara no Kyoukai's quality and overall production is unsurpassable, and if P.A. Works can manage to keep the same level of quality with 428 then this would be pure awesomeness.
It's not a direct TM adaption, it's just that Nasu and Takeuchi are involved with the game and all. So it's more of me hoping it's TM related

But the anime might just be a direct adaption of the game, who knows.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 00:57   Link #10
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Well I definitely see Type-Moon plastered all over those character designs as well as even the site design o_O Dark grungy/dirty background reminds me of Kara no Kyoukai.

Albeit it'd be best for this to air as soon as possible, to satisfy all our impatient appetites, I'm actually hoping it doesn't broadcast til mid/late 2009... that way I'll be able to get my hands on it while it's airing, opposed to after I come back from basic
Old 2008-11-08, 01:15   Link #11
rg4619

I'm still a bit confused about the nature of the adaptation. While the anime credits Kinoko Nasu and Takashi Takeuchi as original creators, their involvement with the game extends to just one of two bonus scenarios. Chunsoft's people wrote the main feature (which uses live action video with real actors), while Type-Moon contributed an extra.

Consequently, I wonder if the animation studio is crafting a series around Type-Moon's extra rather than the main game. I guess the other question might be if there's enough Type-Moon material to present, or if P.A. Works plans on incorporating many anime original scripts (Mari Okada has done a ton of original scripts lately, and she's a rising star in that area).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 01:22   Link #12
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Well this is P.A. Works, remember what they did with True Tears? Had no relation whatsoever to the game of the same name. They could simply be crafting a nearly original animation production and are merely using elements/concepts of Chunsoft's game.
Old 2008-11-08, 14:26   Link #13
Avisch
Reality Blender

Like Cicido. I'm also in to this for Type-Moon's involvement. I LOVE Takeuchi's character designs (so much that I bought the Tsukihime Plus Period book). And don;t think it needs to be said how great Nasu's writing is.

So the murders in this take place in Shibuya? So along with Chaos;head. we are shown that Shibuya causes insanity?

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 14:33   Link #14
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
So the murders in this take place in Shibuya? So along with Chaos;head. we are shown that Shibuya causes insanity?
Don't forget The World Ends With You.
Old 2008-11-08, 15:25   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
He isn't a girl. She isn't a guy... wait. Better not be no traps -.- I think you're all just looking at the image the wrong way
& i just think Type-Moon are the masters behind the genderless character.
Old 2008-11-20, 20:04   Link #16
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

"428" tells a present-day story about a detective, a young man, a virus researcher, a freelance writer, and a cat mascot character who are brought together by bizarre events with worldwide implications in the Tokyo neighborhood of Shibuya. Type-Moon is already producing a bonus anime scenario for the game. Screenplay writer Kinoko Nasu and original character designer Takashi Takeuchi of Fate/stay night and Tsukihime, Lunar Legend fame are involved in both.
Bathory Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-20, 22:27   Link #17
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...Why does everything insane happen in Shibuya?
Old 2008-11-20, 23:20   Link #18
Craymel

Quote:
The person on the left has pecs so I'm just gonna guess that the person on the left is male based on the representation of gender binaries in anime I've seen (which is extremely ambiguous a lot of the time). Gender confusion for the WIN! I guess one of the things I like about anime is at times the line between male and female can almost be non-existent.
Old 2008-11-21, 00:45   Link #19
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Why does everything insane happen in Shibuya?
Because of the scramble crossing it's famous for. Used to have to meet there with people.

Madness? THIS IS SHIBUYA!
ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 13:54   Link #20
kyouray
2D > 3D

The visual novel 428 has gotten a perfect score on Famitsu !
It sounds awesome

Tags
animage, type moon