AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-16, 12:13   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 547 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:15   Link #2
marvelB

Thanks once again, xris.

So yeppers, the summary's now out:

-The escapees are having a party outside the prison. Meanwhile, Luffy's still battling Magellan. The warden reveals that he has one last ace up his sleeve: An extremely deadly poison that cannot be guarded against. He was hesitant to use it since it would risk destroying the entire prison, but it seems he has no qualms about using it now.....

-Luffy and Mr. 3 retreat to level 1 (it's mentioned that some "hidden" faces are shown here, but the summary was too vague about that detail). It's at this time that Iva and Inazuma make their grand reappearance. Jinbei then returns to the prison with a school of whale sharks(!) that he had summoned. Iva gathers the escapees with his Death Wink, then everyone makes their getaway out to sea.....

Well, that's about it. The summary also mentions that Croc and Daz are standing atop of the battleship they hijacked (along with Buggy being goofy as usual), but it doesn't seem like those guys do anything else this chapter. Anyways, it sounds like things are pretty action-packed..... Magellan must have been really obsessed with killing Luffy if he was going to risk bringing down the whole prison with him. And I also expected the two revolutionaries to make a quick recovery, as well (my guess is that Iva's hormone powers is the reason they survived, but we should find out soon). Still, the summary didn't say if Luffy escaped the prison after Magellan unleashed his super-poison attack, but whether he did or not, I still doubt that the battle is over.....

By the way, Jinbei summoning whale sharks sounds pretty awesome. I was still kinda expecting him to summon sea kings instead, but this is good enough. Now to just wait for the pics.....
Old 2009-06-16, 12:28   Link #3
james0246

LOL, what is with Luffy gong to marine bases only to have the marines destroy the base themselves ?

Nice development here, and I am glad that Ivabkov is back (and Inazuma, I guess).

That being said, I all of a sudden say a bad ending for this fight. Specifically, Magellan will end up hurting himself by destroying Impel Down, which in turn will give Luffy the leeway to defeat him. Hopefully this 'conclusion' will not happen, but if it does, here's hoping it is pulled off well.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:43   Link #4
marvelB

^Actually, as far as Magellan's super kamikaze attack is concerned, I'm sorta expecting Blackbeard to appear at the last minute so he can suck up all the poison in his black hole. Seeing as Iva and Inazuma recovered fairly quickly from Magellan's assault (glad to see them back, by the way ), I don't see why the same shouldn't hold true for Teach and his peeps......
Old 2009-06-16, 12:49   Link #5
james0246

^Definetly a possibility, and it would be a great way to show what Blackbeard was up to down below. Additionally, Shiryuu could also show up to throw a wrench in Magellan's plans.
Old 2009-06-16, 12:56   Link #6
SMASHERJACKSON

inazuma and iva are back!

anyone wonder if that poision will ko megallan aswel? also will be interesting to see exactly how hes defeated now, as for blackbeards involvment inthe fight he could appear and suck up the poison to liberate at a later point but that doesnt seem to fit his characterimo, i see him moving on to th next stage of his master plan by now.
Old 2009-06-16, 13:41   Link #7
shankss
CP10

With all those big bad guy unleashing some super uber move and defeated revos recovering without any reason at all, it sounds a bit narutoish.
Old 2009-06-16, 14:12   Link #8
Master Mold
Banned

I told you phenom, Jinbei will be a wanna be Aqua Man.

What the heck is Edward and King Tranny doing back up? keep them losers down Oda, but I guess since Magellan didn't us abundance of different poisons on them two chumps like he did Luffy, King Candy was able to fix the 2 of themselves.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-06-16 at 14:23.
Old 2009-06-16, 14:38   Link #9
andy

Well if it was only 1 poison they should be able to get up. It's not like luffy who got hit with many of them . It seems like magellan will not lose to luffy . But then again luffy should just try to run ,him beating magellan is not to help him in any way .
Old 2009-06-16, 14:39   Link #10
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow Magellan suddenly got a lot less impressive.

I don't really see how. We already knew that Iva's hormone fruit could counteract the effects of Magellan's poison, while Blackbeard's power nullifies DF powers in general. Heck, there's also the possibility that someone else in Blackbeard's crew is able to rid themselves of the poison as well *coughDocQcough*. Still, just because they can heal themselves doesn't mean that everyone can. Magellan's just as formidable as he's always been......

Anyway, as I said before, the summary didn't mention Luffy escaping the prison. I think it's most likely that he'll stay behind since he said himself that Magellan would pursue them at sea if he didn't take care of him then and there. I don't think that the warden will be affected by his own attack since we already knew that he's immune to his own poison (he's just susceptible to the food he eats, heh ). I actually sorta imagine that the situation might be similar to when Don Krieg used the MH5 gas... Luffy might hide out in the ocean (probably clinging to one of Jinbei's sharks) for a bit, but when the poison clears, he'll be ready to give the warden a good thrashing.......
Old 2009-06-16, 15:24   Link #11
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I told you phenom, Jinbei will be a wanna be Aqua Man.
I'm still hoping that if Jinbei "controls" the various sea creatures with fear (ala Arlong controllong Mohmoo), rather than any specific ability to speak with the sea creatures (ala Se-man).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
What the heck is Edward and King Tranny doing back up? keep them losers down Oda, but I guess since Magellan didn't us abundance of different poisons on them two chumps like he did Luffy, King Candy was able to fix the 2 of themselves.
Wait, Blackbeard has been confirmed? What spoiler is that, can you post it here?
Old 2009-06-16, 15:56   Link #12
marvelB

^Uh, I'm pretty sure that he's talking about Inazuma (Edward Scissorhands reference, remember? ). Besides, Blackbeard's full name is Marshall D. Teach, don't forget. Whitebeard is the only "Edward" in the series so far.....
Old 2009-06-16, 16:05   Link #13
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Seeing as Iva and Inazuma recovered fairly quickly from Magellan's assault (glad to see them back, by the way ), I don't see why the same shouldn't hold true for Teach and his peeps......
The recovery time from Magellan's poison depends on what was used (but there is a recovery time for each and every of his poison (maybe except for the newest one he will show), as long as the type of poisons do not complicate things much). It is not surprising for them to appear so soon, if Magellan was able to stop them using basic and quick affecting poison. After all his goal was not to do what he did to Luffy, instead to move as quickly as possible to stop Luffy.

And, Blackbeard sucking the poison was something already expected, and I am really surprised that he didn't do that at the beginning. But I am guessing, he would prefer letting Magellan thinks that he beat them and do whatever they wanted to do by coming there, instead of diving into deep water.
Old 2009-06-16, 16:20   Link #14
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Uh, I'm pretty sure that he's talking about Inazuma (Edward Scissorhands reference, remember? ). Besides, Blackbeard's full name is Marshall D. Teach, don't forget. Whitebeard is the only "Edward" in the series so far.....
Actually, I incorrectly typed Black, instead of White (I meant Whiteberd all along). Early spoilers (i.e. fake spoilers) mentioned Whitebeard, so I assumed that Mold had read one of those spoilers, or a new spoiler had validated those previous assumed fake spoilers...

That being said, thank you for explaining that it was a Edward Scissorhand refference. That is the first time I had seen Inazuma directly refferenced as Edward, rather than people simply acknowledging that the character was an inspiration for Inazuma's abilities.
Old 2009-06-16, 18:26   Link #15
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Whale sharks are pretty big....so probably the same size as sea kings and what not.
Old 2009-06-16, 19:17   Link #16
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Wait, Blackbeard has been confirmed? What spoiler is that, can you post it here?
I never said Blackbeard has been confirmed, What post are you reading?

Edit:

Quote:
Actually, I incorrectly typed Black, instead of White (I meant Whiteberd all along). Early spoilers (i.e. fake spoilers) mentioned Whitebeard, so I assumed that Mold had read one of those spoilers, or a new spoiler had validated those previous assumed fake spoilers...

That being said, thank you for explaining that it was a Edward Scissorhand reference. That is the first time I had seen Inazuma directly refferenced as Edward, rather than people simply acknowledging that the character was an inspiration for Inazuma's abilities.
Ive referred to him many times before as Edward Scissor hands or simply Edward.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-06-16 at 19:33. Reason: I see
Old 2009-06-16, 19:52   Link #17
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Whale sharks are pretty big....so probably the same size as sea kings and what not.

Sea kings can be as big as entire islands, so they'd easily dwarf whale sharks (heck, the Little Garden arc featured a sea king that was so huge that it ate islands!). So while whale sharks definitely ain't guppy-sized, I still kinda think it would've been cooler to see Jinbei with an army of gigantic sea kings under his command (not that I'm complaining or anything, whale sharks are still pretty impressive as it is). Maybe we'll see him summon some monster fish at Marineford......
Old 2009-06-16, 20:45   Link #18
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Magellan never struck me as the throw it all on the line type character. I suppose he doesn't have much to lose anymore. I wonder though, what will the World Government/Marines do about all of these escapees? Will any of this influence the confilct with Whitebeared? I could actually see them maybe helping Whitebeard.
Old 2009-06-16, 20:45   Link #19
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm still hoping that if Jinbei "controls" the various sea creatures with fear (ala Arlong controllong Mohmoo), rather than any specific ability to speak with the sea creatures (ala Se-man).
Wouldn't his using Haki be more appropriate?
Old 2009-06-16, 22:03   Link #20
rob lucci

I think all mereflock and fish men can summon a fish by calling or whisle...
just like camie back when she call some school of fish to gave SH some direction...

magellan still have a trump card on his hand, hoping to see ID became ruin just like the IN LOOBY and THriller bark hehehe
Closed Thread