Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 06:34   Link #1441
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure if it makes that much of a difference. You don't pick up a desk and aim just to see how good your ability to hold weight is. If she had more strength she would have brought the desk down herself anyways, it's more luck that it probably just slipped out of her hands and thus did less damage.
I thought she just held it up in the air as a threat (haven't you ever done something like that, if only just with your hand/fist?) and never intended to actually bash her head in with it. That's why whether or not she threw it makes a difference for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
So Kujo is hated by fans for being a doormat for Victorique's abuse. Then he stands up to her, and gets hated on for that. Really, he just can't win.

Really, I love Victorique too - but come on, this endless apologist fanboy stuff is going too far. She bears more than her fair share of the blame for the way things went down here. Aside from generally being verbally abusive towards Kujo, she threw a desk at a classmate and called her a "farting newt". Yes, what Avril said was somewhat shocking and out of character and certainly mean-spirited - but it wasn't all her fault and it wasn't all Kujo's fault. At least Avril tried to apologize and make things right, which is more than I can say for Victorique.
We're hating on Kujo this time because he never even tried to listen to Avril, which would have helped him can a better understanding of the situation and solve this matter easily. When you're chewing out someone for hurting somebody else and that somebody else keeps trying to tell you you're mistaken, you'd usually stop and listen to what she has to say.

Victorique was at fault, yes, but she wasn't the only one. Both Avril and Victorique should apologize to each other. That's what Avril was trying to do, but that idiot Kujo just wouldn't let her. Kujo only made things worse in my opinion.
Old 2011-04-24, 08:09   Link #1442
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought she just held it up in the air as a threat (haven't you ever done something like that, if only just with your hand/fist?) and never intended to actually bash her head in with it. That's why whether or not she threw it makes a difference for me.
The way I see it, it's like pointing a gun at someone. Whether your finger "accidentally" twitches or you actually meant to fire, you have to be ready for the consequences.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 11:08   Link #1443
klare

it is now confirmed that Victorique is really strong, she might have a gym room hidden in the library tower
Old 2011-04-24, 11:59   Link #1444
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I understand that among fans, extreme cuteness is the all-access pass to overlooking any sort of distasteful behavior you'd care to mention. But let's face it - Victorique has acted liked a snarky, abusive princess for the entire series (with very brief intervals of self-pity). I can certainly understand it given her background, but understandable is not excusable. I, for one, was pleased to see Kujo and Avril give her a little back - not Avril's unprovoked attack in the classroom, but her "frilly witch" comeback when Victorique kept coming at her.

Love Victorique - great character, absolutely adorable. But she had this coming and it's about time she her anti-social behavior had some consequences. Maybe it will prompt some actual growth for her character.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-04-24 at 15:16.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:15   Link #1445
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

and to continue my short thoughts about the ED, Resuscitated Hope's instrumental is godlike. amazing melody.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-24, 15:40   Link #1446
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I enjoyed this episode. Felt bad for Victorique when Kujo got mad at her, but loved her face when he brought her the raspberry sandwich. I want that as an avatar.
Old 2011-04-25, 21:27   Link #1447
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ohhh.. great episode. I was surprised Avril was that mean. And why didn't Kujo take that desk from Victorique? He just stood there and let it fall on Avril, lol.

And this week's highlight....
Old 2011-04-25, 21:35   Link #1448
Kyuu
=^^=

Avril loses points.
Victorique gains points.

Quote:
she might have a gym room hidden in the library tower
Who needs a gym when carrying a bunch of books up and down stairs would do?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 22:20   Link #1449
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've made a couple of blog posts today relating to Yuuki Aoi and this anime. One with pics of last weekend's live event, another showing the dress Yuuki-san has donated to a charity auction.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 08:21   Link #1450
HasuMasu
*Artist

is this anime done?
Old 2011-04-26, 09:46   Link #1451
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
is this anime done?
No. It'll be 24 episodes.
Old 2011-04-26, 15:55   Link #1452
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
the first ED is so good! the piano part in the second one is solid, but ed1 > ed2 by far.
I agree ... I have enjoyed this mini arc thus far. Although I must agree that for some reason in ep 14 everyone seemed to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed that morning.
Old 2011-04-27, 01:09   Link #1453
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
No. It'll be 24 episodes.
FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU---

well, i've already started

i tend to avoid anime that aren't finished

i like to watch in one go

well, i've already started
Old 2011-04-27, 13:26   Link #1454
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
I understand that among fans, extreme cuteness is the all-access pass to overlooking any sort of distasteful behavior you'd care to mention. But let's face it - Victorique has acted liked a snarky, abusive princess for the entire series (with very brief intervals of self-pity). I can certainly understand it given her background, but understandable is not excusable. I, for one, was pleased to see Kujo and Avril give her a little back - not Avril's unprovoked attack in the classroom, but her "frilly witch" comeback when Victorique kept coming at her.

Love Victorique - great character, absolutely adorable. But she had this coming and it's about time she her anti-social behavior had some consequences. Maybe it will prompt some actual growth for her character.
My thoughts exactly. She is quite cute but many times I wish Kujo would be a little more ballsy because she is downright rude for no reason. I was glad that he was a little harsh with her in the last episode.

Brian Roscoe - Oh, I cannot wait to see what is going on with this character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Ohhh.. great episode. I was surprised Avril was that mean. And why didn't Kujo take that desk from Victorique? He just stood there and let it fall on Avril, lol.

And this week's highlight....
I took a screen shot of that exact same scene!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-04-30 at 09:14. Reason: please use the edit button instead of double posting
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 03:39   Link #1455
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I REALLY want a raspberry sandwich now. I don't even know what it would consist of (raspberry jelly? raspberry jelly and cream cheese? perhaps actually raspberries and a light spread of honey? all of the above???), but I want one! >_<
Old 2011-04-28, 13:07   Link #1456
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
I understand that among fans, extreme cuteness is the all-access pass to overlooking any sort of distasteful behavior you'd care to mention....
I don't think you are giving enough weight to Victorica's awful childhood, always told she is an aristocrat, but kept a prisoner, and apparently never having any friends she could learn how to socialize with. Or to the fact that what Avril said was like using the "n" word. Or to the fact that being a tsundere is an anime meme. Or to the fact that V's lifting a desk was a joke; she had enough trouble lifting a few books. Anime is not reality. V is clearly a bit crazy, with her repeated statements that she knows everything, but that comes from deep insecurity, of course. The only real solution is to find a way of making her feel more secure.

I continue to blame Kujou most, for refusing to listen to either girl and find out what had really happened. Just drives me crazy. I also blame both girls for not forcing him to listen. And I blame the writers for having Avril say something to V that I consider out of character, no matter how much she likes Kujou. On the other hand, I thought that Shitaya Noriko delivered those nasty lines extremely well.

Finally, despite my respect for your opinions, I have to say I find this and another of your recent posts offensive. Forget about "fans" and "fanboys" and please just make your point without putting other people down. I'll try to do the same.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:53   Link #1457
Dr. Casey

I'm a bit late, but I really like the new ending song. The song itself is very haunting and beautiful (Even if it's kind of lost something after listening to it about 500 times), but I appreciate it more for the message I think it conveys. The song and imagery together have the undertone of suggesting (To me anyway) that the time Victorique and Kujo can enjoy together is limited, that their peaceful days together are fleeting and won't last forever, that they're both moving unknowingly towards a rather grim end (Assuming they're both torn apart during World War II). The first ending song was good, but I don't think it has as much meaning or power as the second.

As for the drama in episode 14, I probably felt the most annoyed at Kujo. Unlike most other people in this thread I actually like Kujo a lot, but I think he's kind of being a busybody in trying to force Victorique to apologize the same way a parent might try to force a young child to do so... Victorique's 15, she can handle her own affairs; how she interacts with the people around her isn't really Kujo's business. I actually don't blame Victorique at all in this scenario (Shoving aside the desk thing as slapstick humor that isn't meant to be taken seriously) and don't think she owes Avril an apology for calling her a farting newt. What Avril said was a pretty nasty insult, even without realizing its full potency. The Victorique retorts... not so much. The Avril-Victorique exchange would be like if someone walked up to another person and said "You're ugly and your dad just died of cancer, lol" only for the other person to go "Yeah well you're a poopiehead." Person B wouldn't be the one owing an apology, and I don't think Vic does either. (Not to sound like I'm particularly angry at Kujo and Avril or anything; I think Victorique's the least at fault, but it was just a dumb little spat, I don't hold much against any of them.)
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 15:59   Link #1458
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Finally, despite my respect for your opinions, I have to say I find this and another of your recent posts offensive. Forget about "fans" and "fanboys" and please just make your point without putting other people down. I'll try to do the same.
Well, in my defense, not only did I say Victorique's behavior was understandable, but I also condemned Avril for her unprovoked verbal attack in the classroom. I just don't happen to think having had a bad childhood totally excuses treating other people like dirt.

I can assure you as well that the term "fans" is not a putdown in my book and certainly wasn't intended as an insult. I suppose you can call them "viewers" or something as a result, but someone who watches a series every week and comments on it publicly (myself included) is a fan in my book. I don't see why someone shouldn't want to be called one.

My core argument remains the same. If Victorique wasn't absurdly cute, she wouldn't get away with half of what she gets away with. It's healthy for her to have someone call attention to it when she behaves abominably towards other people, just as it's healthy for her to be dragged out of her now apparently self-imposed isolation. Treating her like a porcelain doll is, in the long run, no better for her than treating her like a freak.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 16:08   Link #1459
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
The Avril-Victorique exchange would be like if someone walked up to another person and said "You're ugly and your dad just died of cancer, lol" only for the other person to go "Yeah well you're a poopiehead." Person B wouldn't be the one owing an apology, and I don't think Vic does either. (Not to sound like I'm particularly angry at Kujo and Avril or anything; I think Victorique's the least at fault, but it was just a dumb little spat, I don't hold much against any of them.)
I really don't see what Avril did that's so bad. Yes, she overreacted to being ignored. Vastly and with very little warning. But - ignoring Victorique's history, which she didn't know - how is "grey wolf" worse than "farting newt"?

And I don't see the table incident as pure slapstick. I see it as Victorique acting violently and without restraint. The latter is entirely in character. The former, not so much, because, while she usually has a way with words, her body is unsuited to physical violence. Which just goes to show: she was so angry she had no word.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 16:12   Link #1460
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
I just don't happen to think having had a bad childhood totally excuses treating other people like dirt.

It's healthy for her to have someone call attention to it when she behaves abominably towards other people, just as it's healthy for her to be dragged out of her now apparently self-imposed isolation. Treating her like a porcelain doll is, in the long run, no better for her than treating her like a freak.
Maybe her "bad childhood" is the reason for her now "self-imposed" isolation. I'm assuming that she was under solitary confinement as a child, so I'm surprised she has turned out as she is now instead of bat sh*t crazy.

Combine that with how she is surrounded by aristocrats, whom I assume are blue blooded snobs... in my mind her actions are quite tame from what they could be like.

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen