AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-05-12, 02:52   Link #4061
mtarzaim

Chihiro being in a love triangle, all her reactions are biased by her friendship with Ayumi versus her attraction to Keima.
This explains why she was angry at Kami, with spilling 2 coffees on purpose over his head. One for her, and one for Ayumi.

We could also assume New Hell didn't do the work properly in Chihiro's case, arguing that, since she won't betray her friend over a one-way love, Chihiro will stay as far as possible from Keima. Thus, a full memory wipe wasn't necessary, saving a little more energy.

I would like Chihiro to have a goddess.
But having not would enhance her super plain-ness, and surprisingly give her more appeal, being the only normal chick Keima could relate to. It would also force her to stand out in her own way, instead on relying on bipolar behavior.

We could also argue that, since Kusunoki is super strong and Kami multi-tasker, super-physical prowess isn't so uncommon in TWGOK setting. Ayumi's godly speed would be her normal self, not the result of Mercury's boost. Mercury could be in someone else.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 06:30   Link #4062
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
I would like Chihiro to have a goddess.
But having not would enhance her super plain-ness, and surprisingly give her more appeal, being the only normal chick Keima could relate to. It would also force her to stand out in her own way, instead on relying on bipolar behavior.
Relate to? Sorry I just can't see Keima relating to any 3D girl unless she is the female version of him which would be an interesting capture... someone who plays like every gal game that would be interesting. Chihiro without a goddess though will really compliment her plain-ness.

It is stated that Yui is good at sports meaning that it is possible for her to have mercury. And Ayumi be the one least likely to have a goddess but meh... We will find out in the next month I hope.

But in terms of final couples I think the only few with a chance is Elsie, Hakua and Akari maybe Tenri. I'm expecting an ending without a final couple, all lost souls collected, Elsie requesting to stay with Keima, Hakua transferring to the school and all goddess leave their host and a big battle for Keima's affection begins.
Old 2011-05-12, 07:29   Link #4063
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Relate to? Sorry I just can't see Keima relating to any 3D girl unless she is the female version of him which would be an interesting capture... someone who plays like every gal game that would be interesting.
Man, that reminds me that there exists a Light Novel with a different set of characters where Keima actually encounters a girl like him. I wish they didn't seperate manga and Light Novel content or at least I wish some chars from LN would make a mini appearance or so.
Old 2011-05-12, 07:51   Link #4064
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Yeah too bad about that almost forgot the Light Novel was seperate from the manga hopefully they can get animated if a third season is given the green.
Old 2011-05-12, 11:58   Link #4065
Xenosnake
Badass

Light novel one's might make a nice OVA, though don't know how fleshed out they would be.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 14:40   Link #4066
mtarzaim

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post

But in terms of final couples I think the only few with a chance is Elsie, Hakua and Akari maybe Tenri. I'm expecting an ending without a final couple, all lost souls collected, Elsie requesting to stay with Keima, Hakua transferring to the school and all goddess leave their host and a big battle for Keima's affection begins.
It might be a little more bitter than that.

All souls collected, New Hell erases everyone's memory, even Keima, and sends Elsie back to her cleaning duties (Nora got all the credits), without no one on Earth to remember her.

I wouldn't be surprised if the author pulls something like that at one time in future chapters.

For example, New Hell realizes Keima is their best weapon, and decide to give him a more efficient partner (LC's big sister ? ). Keima eventually stands out for his buddy, so she won't be separated from her human friends (and to keep the only person who will let him play at peace).

Wakaki could also use the memory erase to explain the obsession of Keima for videogames girl. It comes from a previous memory erase, where the girl he has fallen for has been replaced by a DQ-like princess, triggering his urge to save every heroine.

The memory erase has so many possibilities.
Since Wakaki seems to be a cunning mangaka, he certainly has some thoughts about how to use it to twist even more Keima's journey in 3D world.

mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 15:05   Link #4067
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsudon View Post
here are my guesses for the remaining godesses and why

yui is mars - being tomboy and fight to protect katsuragi
shiroi is minerva - god of wisdom, poetry
ayumi is mercury - god of speed.
chihiro is left holding the bag......

too logical? maybe....
Prolly ... there does not seem to be a logical match up (with the possible exception of Kanon?) between the traditional depictions of the Graeco-Roman deities' personalities and how they have so far manifested themselves in their hosts in the manga. Vulcan in Tskuiyo ceratinly made no sense personality match up wise whatsoever to me.

For all we know Minerva may be in Yui....

But then again, maybe the mangaka will pull a fast one on us all and decide that the rest will be "consistent" in the same way the Kanon/Apollo match-up was.

*sigh*
Old 2011-05-12, 22:01   Link #4068
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^I like the idea of Shiori's goddess snooping around on her own. At least they won't seem so helpless without Keima. Also makes sense since Keima would be the only lead she can investigate.
I think it might be Mars because near the end of the Yui reverse-capture arc, it is mentioned that Keima/Yui made a "declaration of war". It might be alluding to that Mars the the God of War. And given the masculine facade Yui puts on, which other goddess could fit her other than one that is named after the herald of men?

Also, I predict it might be truer than we thought it would be. After all, Minerva is the goddess of wisdom and might be the tsukkomi to the more boke Mars. Though she might give leave for Mars to hit on guys while being dressed as one so she could enjoy the outcome.

Quote:
@pic- Shiori's goddess used to carve BL statues confirmed
This would be the worst case scenario. Thousands of years of work of male homosexuality revealed to Shiori upon possession? That would certainly be no goddess! Goddesses don't revel in disgusting content like that! It is another Weiss! Kill with fire!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 23:06   Link #4069
ellifeedn
Thinker

You know SaintessHeart, if you hadn't brought up the whole Shiori thing oh idk... every one of your posts, we would never have considered the possibility of Shiori having such... interests. Just saying.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 23:42   Link #4070
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Also, I predict it might be truer than we thought it would be. After all, Minerva is the goddess of wisdom and might be the tsukkomi to the more boke Mars. Though she might give leave for Mars to hit on guys while being dressed as one so she could enjoy the outcome.

*Imagines stern-looking Shiori giving Yui a headsmack* ..... *drool~~~*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 02:49   Link #4071
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
*Imagines stern-looking Shiori giving Yui a headsmack* ..... *drool~~~*
I can't wait for Kanon/Apollo to awaken. I think Diana will complain that Apollo is the noisiest and most annoying out of all her sisters, while Apollo is always teasing Diana because she is so uppity and tsundere.

Well, of course, I was waiting for this :

Spoiler for big:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
You know SaintessHeart, if you hadn't brought up the whole Shiori thing oh idk... every one of your posts, we would never have considered the possibility of Shiori having such... interests. Just saying.
So you are blaming me for the corruption of Shiori's mind? Blasphemous! I wouldn't even THINK of defiling my cute little librarian!

It is all the fault of the mangaka and the other forum posters! They contributed disgusting yaoi material while cheering on Yui to make obscene moves on Keima in full view of Shiori!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-13, 05:24   Link #4072
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ No, I'm blaming you for making everyone on the forum think that.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 06:58   Link #4073
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Oh, SaintessHeart..... I got a present for you......

Spoiler for Size:
Old 2011-05-14, 07:26   Link #4074
Shadow5YA

The only reason I want certain girls to have goddesses is because it confirms that they will be recurring characters. If they still reappear every so often even without a goddess, I'd be fine with it too.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 10:21   Link #4075
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^ No, I'm blaming you for making everyone on the forum think that.
Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! They are the ones to come up with those weird ideas, I only ruled in a possibility of Shiori becoming a fujoshi upon setting her eyes on the Yui x Keima action in the library! They are the bad influence! Stop demonising me! Stop trying to corrupt my innocent little Shiori!

I dread the next chapter. Things are certainly going downhill now that Yui is confirmed to be a vessel.

Old 2011-05-14, 12:14   Link #4076
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsudon View Post
here are my guesses for the remaining godesses and why

yui is mars - being tomboy and fight to protect katsuragi
shiroi is minerva - god of wisdom, poetry
ayumi is mercury - god of speed.
chihiro is left holding the bag......

too logical? maybe....
I totally agree with your guesses.
Chihiro is the one without goddess, and I think that she and Keima are very similiar, even if they could seem different at first glance.
Keima's portrait of Chihiro
http://6.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok29_09_rh.jpg
actually fits also him perfectly
http://0.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok29_10_rh.jpg
http://6.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok29_11_rh.jpg
He knows that is true, so he got depressed.
She was totally right when she told that they were alike.
http://5.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...ok32_07_rh.jpg
Lol, look at these pages:
http://1.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...107_09_rhs.jpg
http://9.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...107_10_rhs.jpg
They share the same reactions, the same expressions, and the same positions, pratically in every panel.
Their personalities are very very close, and I think they are the most complex characters in the manga. Chihiro could seem a "plain" character, but she is the most realistic girl, actually, and Keima with her is less "fake" than with the other targets. Look at here
http://3.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...127_10_rhs.jpg
with Ayumi, he seems like if he was playing in a drama...His sentences are so soppy! But with Chihiro
http://0.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/1...127_17_rhs.jpg
his behaviour is more natural and sincere.
So, I think it will be really interesting if the one without goddess will be Chihiro, because, with her being "an ordinary girl", she is the least stereotypical girl in TWGOK. All the others (the sportive type, the librarian, the teacher, etc.) could be the heroines of a galge. Chihiro, being "generic", no, but just for this she is the most realistic one.

You could think that I'm a Chihiro freak , well, it's true that I like her very much, but I love also Tenri and Haqua, so what I'm saying is not biased...I really think Chihiro's characterization and her relation with Keima have the most realistic touch, so I believe that Wakaki could consider her like a wild card able to bring some important character development in Keima.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 12:37   Link #4077
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Spoiler for Ch142 spoilers:
Old 2011-05-14, 13:06   Link #4078
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Spoiler for Ch142 spoilers:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Old 2011-05-14, 13:24   Link #4079
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-14, 13:38   Link #4080
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Am still rooting for Shiori to have one of the goddesses in her, but will only believe it when I actually see it.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen