AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-23, 10:37   Link #321
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Sorry for getting off topic, but probably you're referring to Rakshasa, gigantic races who can fight toe to toe against god.

Yes, power differences among dragon indeed very exaggerated, especially in Ramayana tale, which depicts dragons as incarnations of sun (Hell, that's way too crazy for a creature)[/QUOTE]

Nope. Rakshasa is a very powerful race that dominates the world once. Indrashit, Ravana's son defeated Indra and humiliated him greatly. But this race still exists even after losing to Rama in Ramayana.

Hanuman can eat the sun... He's too powerful.

Garuda's very existence is like a swirling fire whirlwind that the gods have to beg him to suppress his own power before he destroy the universe.

Naga represents the sea, while suparna (the Garuda race) represents the sun. It means curb-stomp battle. And suparna feeds on naga. It's so normal for a bird to catch snake as prey, with almost no chance for snake to harm the bird.

^^ Talk about over-exaggeration. ^^

The race I'm referring is a race of underwater celestial beings that are really good at using magic. Indra begs Arjuna (his own son) to wipe this entire race out of existence using the strongest astra Brahmastra.

I don't think it's possible to compare Tigre to the heroes from Hindu myth. Also, Arjuna and Karna are demi-gods. Rama is an avatar of Vishnu.

Hell, Chinese myth has a legendary archer that shot down 9 suns, leaving 1 left for us. The legendary figure who solves our global warming in the past.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:22   Link #322
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Vanadis the RTS of light novels!
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 18:41   Link #323
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Vanadis the RTS of light novels!
RTS = Real Time Strategy?
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 20:46   Link #324
peinmaximus@

hey guys,how you think that is the appearence of olga,the last vanadis?
and you think that tigre will control the total power of the bow dark?
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 21:01   Link #325
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Ah, the peace of mind I'll get once I move on to Glaphicos.

Ganlon's recent revelations from Vol 5:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-09-23, 21:07   Link #326
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
hey guys,how you think that is the appearence of olga,the last vanadis?
and you think that tigre will control the total power of the bow dark?
Rather than her appearance, i'm more interested with her viralt's form, since it's yet to be revealed.
Old 2012-09-23, 21:57   Link #327
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Rather than her appearance, i'm more interested with her viralt's form, since it's yet to be revealed.
What weapon and what element. We've seen light, darkness, fire, wind, ice, thunder with sceptre, Scythe, dual blades, sword, lance, and whip.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-23, 22:37   Link #328
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
What weapon and what element. We've seen light, darkness, fire, wind, ice, thunder with sceptre, Scythe, dual blades, sword, lance, and whip.
Speculations:
Element : Probably earth element, or water (but we already have ice, does it belong to water?)
Form : I hope it's some kind of mace or hammer (weapon with over-destructible hit)
Old 2012-09-23, 23:50   Link #329
whsie

Quote:
Speculations:
Element : Probably earth element, or water (but we already have ice, does it belong to water?)
Form : I hope it's some kind of mace or hammer (weapon with over-destructible hit)
People have speculated the last element is earth but we don't really know until we see. I hope it's not a hammer. A female carrying a hammer is...inelegant.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 00:03   Link #330
Insane
Banned

Quote:
People have speculated the last element is earth but we don't really know until we see. I hope it's not a hammer. A female carrying a hammer is...inelegant.
Just make it like this : Hammer with ability to enlarge/shrink itself so she can store it within her clothes. Speaking about elegancy, perhaps it doesn't really matter, even cover girl in Vol5 wields oversized scythe as her viralt, does she still look elegant with that?

Too bad no viralts in bow form. I wanna see the last Vanadis as bow wielder and making archer pairing with Tigre.
Old 2012-09-24, 11:33   Link #331
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Well, Olga is a wonderer... She's probably in the forest hunting dragons like playing Monster Hunter... A warhammer isn't such bad choice.

I hope she has a really cool (revealing) outfit made from animal hide!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 11:42   Link #332
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I would actually like to see her with a battle axe
Old 2012-09-24, 17:48   Link #333
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Well, Olga is a wonderer... She's probably in the forest hunting dragons like playing Monster Hunter... A warhammer isn't such bad choice.

I hope she has a really cool (revealing) outfit made from animal hide!
Speaking about revealing outfit, i think all of Vanadis already wear one. I wonder how they can defend themselves from incoming attacks with that kind of clothes (At least wear armor, girls!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
I would actually like to see her with a battle axe
Agree. I can't help but imagining her as busty blonde onee-sama from Queen's Blade.
Old 2012-09-24, 21:25   Link #334
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Speaking about revealing outfit, i think all of Vanadis already wear one. I wonder how they can defend themselves from incoming attacks with that kind of clothes (At least wear armor, girls!)
Why should they? No one can literally harm them thanks to their Viralts, and when they do end up facing odds/enemies strong enough to pose a threat against them, armor would be pretty much worthless. Besides, all of the Vanadis aren't just beautiful women who just happen to wield weapons; they're all capable warriors, generals, and politicians in their own rights. If any woman could just become a Vanadis, then what's the point of the Viralt choosing them out in the first place?

Finally hit Volume 5 Chapter 2. Elen discussing her plans concerning Lightmeritz (her territory) with Alsace in mind, as well as the economical and political ramifications of her goal for Tigre at the end of Chapter 1 (before the report of Lutetia's burning came in) was definitely noteworthy. Just when I thought this series couldn't surprise me more.
Old 2012-09-24, 23:05   Link #335
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Why should they? No one can literally harm them thanks to their Viralts, and when they do end up facing odds/enemies strong enough to pose a threat against them, armor would be pretty much worthless. Besides, all of the Vanadis aren't just beautiful women who just happen to wield weapons; they're all capable warriors, generals, and politicians in their own rights. If any woman could just become a Vanadis, then what's the point of the Viralt choosing them out in the first place?
About that, i recall that all Vanadis have special move that focus completely on their offense with the cost of abandoning their defense. I wonder what they'll be doing when enemies attacking them at such time.

Quote:
Finally hit Volume 5 Chapter 2. Elen discussing her plans concerning Lightmeritz (her territory) with Alsace in mind, as well as the economical and political ramifications of her goal for Tigre at the end of Chapter 1 (before the report of Lutetia's burning came in) was definitely noteworthy. Just when I thought this series couldn't surprise me more.
I'm totally clueless about that since summaries and spoilers from JCafe24 suddenly stopped at Volume 3 (Zephyr, i'm looking at you!). Umm, btw, has the civil wars in Briune (Tenaldie vs who-i-forgot) already cooled down at this volume?
Old 2012-09-24, 23:18   Link #336
Belgaesh

What are the readers of the novel expecting from the next arc, that starts with volume 06? And what it will focus about?
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-24, 23:25   Link #337
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
What are the readers of the novel expecting from the next arc, that starts with volume 06? And what it will focus about?
I'm expecting the 7th Vanadis pop out from her hideout and we get new tough fighter (At least the more powerful one than Roland) as Tigre's archenemy.
Old 2012-09-24, 23:45   Link #338
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
About that, i recall that all Vanadis have special move that focus completely on their offense with the cost of abandoning their defense. I wonder what they'll be doing when enemies attacking them at such time.
That only applies to Elen, and it's only from Ley Admos. Not all Vanadis and not all Veda have that downside.

Besides, they're not meant to be used in general warfare, against normal humans. Veda skills are meant to be used against enemies that transcend human limits and recognition; against those enemies, armor is pitifully useless (dragons, other Vanadis, Roland's Durandal, Voljenoi/other demons) and will only help slow down and be more of a detriment than a benefit to a Vanadis.

Think about it. Why would you bother standing there and exposing yourself completely defenseless to several soldiers wasting time gathering power for a single off-attack when you can just dance around them and cut them all down effortlessly?

Quote:
I'm totally clueless about that since summaries and spoilers from JCafe24 suddenly stopped at Volume 3 (Zephyr, i'm looking at you!). Umm, btw, has the civil wars in Briune (Tenaldie vs who-i-forgot) already cooled down at this volume?
The resolution to the Brune civil war ends with Volume 5. That said, I'm not there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
Haven't finished Volume 5, unfortunately; I've only started on Volume 5 Chapter 2 of it. But here are my predictions based on various wiki sources and spoiler summaries.

Spoiler:

I'll come up with more when I actually do finish reading Volume 5.

Quote:
I'm expecting the 7th Vanadis pop out from her hideout and we get new tough fighter (At least the more powerful one than Roland) as Tigre's archenemy.
Duke Ganlon can crush a dragon's head with his fist if he ever felt like it; and judging from the context of the scene he mentioned it, he wasn't joking. His only fear is the 10,000 to 1 chance should Tigre use the power of the bow and blow him to kingdom come, as unlike Voljenoi he can't recover. That said, he's not "new", he's just passing the time and "having fun".
Old 2012-09-25, 00:04   Link #339
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Duke Ganlon can crush a dragon's head with his fist if he ever felt like it; and judging from the context of the scene he mentioned it, he wasn't joking. His only fear is the 10,000 to 1 chance should Tigre use the power of the bow and blow him to kingdom come, as unlike Voljenoi he can't recover. That said, he's not "new", he's just passing the time and "having fun".
Wait! Unarmed!? Bare fist!? Who's he, a demon!? (I can't think of him as a human)

Quote:
Alexandra's condition might be explored in the near future, and as to whether her sickness can be cured or not (the mystery of why her Viralt still won't leave her despite her regressed condition implies a lot of things; that she is still capable of functioning as a Vanadis, for one)
Maybe she's just faking her own health. Heck, reading some spoilers before, i don't think that a viralt would choose a sickly person as its wielder.
Old 2012-09-25, 00:15   Link #340
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Wait! Unarmed!? Bare fist!? Who's he, a demon!? (I can't think of him as a human)

Maybe she's just faking her own health. Heck, reading some spoilers before, i don't think that a viralt would choose a sickly person as its wielder.
Alternatively, she's so damn strong that even bed-ridden her viralt recognizes her as worthy.

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)