5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 2.12%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-22, 19:17   Link #181
Juvyniled

Don't shift your opinions on Lelouch all too fast. Even I realize that it had to be coincidental for Geass to flare up as it did at the same time he was discussing matters with Euphemia for this situation to turn out as it did. Lelouch had no intention of Geassing Euphemia. He is not to blame, although he will likely blame himself. And his relationship with Euphemia is nothing like the animosity he has towards the other half-siblings.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:21   Link #182
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunman380 View Post
Right now i also cant see leouch living past the end of both series. this is gonna be a big chip on his shoulder and it will haunt him and eat away at him and his desire for vengeance will consume him.

Anyways. THe episode was good but i hate that euphemia was the reciepient.
I get the feeling that the end will be similar to a tomino kill em all
which may or may not be bad.

as for making this episode as a way to say GSD sucked. Honestly it was even necessary... producers you didnt have to go that far but i tip my hat to you. just wish it wasnt Euphie
It won't be a Tomino kill 'em all. Not quite everyone. Remember, they need enough people to be alive for season 2. But a lot of people will bite the dust that's for sure.

Lelouch has decided to become a bloodless tearless shura, a demon. This episode is a blunt reminder to him of the path he has chosen. I think he was ready to accept the consequences of everything that he has planned...but this is definitely not what he had in mind.

It's just very tragic that fate has dealt him such a hand and he has to put up with it and continue down his path.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:22   Link #183
cajunman380

Don't shift your opinions on Lelouch all too fast. Even I realize that it had to be coincidental for Geass to flare up as it did at the same time he was discussing matters with Euphemia for this situation to turn out as it did. Lelouch had no intention of Geassing Euphemia. He is not to blame, although he will likely blame himself. And his relationship with Euphemia is nothing like the animosity he has towards the other half-siblings.

Im not entirely sure if you are referring to my post. If you are then Ill elaborate. My position on Leouch has always been mixed at best from the start and this instance doesnt exactly help the situation. As much as people can elaborate and so foth, this IS leouchs fault. Shes doing this because of the geass command he accidentally gave. Yes it was an accident but that doesnt change the fact and leouch probably knows it. He just condemmed his half sister who wanted to help him to death and sh epretty much massacred a bunch of people expecting peace. its a huge load of crap. But thi sevent definitly changes things for leouch

It won't be a Tomino kill 'em all. Not quite everyone. Remember, they need enough people to be alive for season 2. But a lot of people will bite the dust that's for sure.

No doubt. what i meant to say by that is that roughly maybe 80 percent or so of th ecast may die (may be less but there ar egonna be bodies) The tomino kill em alls i was thinking were his gundam series not IDeon

Last edited by cajunman380; 2007-03-22 at 19:26. Reason: additional comment
cajunman380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:24   Link #184
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
as for making this episode as a way to say GSD sucked
If this was the case, I don't think Suzaku would survive the first season. This is not the case, since we're treating Suzaku and Euphie as Lacus and Kira effigies in a protest and that's just sad.
Old 2007-03-22, 19:24   Link #185
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You can't possibly place blame for this on Lulu.
He's unintentionally responsible for it, but it's really not his fault.

If anything, the only thing you could place blame on is the power of Geass itself to cause this "accident".
No sentient being, at least so far that we know, could be held responsible for this tragedy.

Of course, it's never out of question that all this could be part of the Emperor's evil plans.
Old 2007-03-22, 19:30   Link #186
Juvyniled

I suppose you could say Lelouch is somewhat responsible. It was his ability and he should have been somewhat aware that something could possibly go wrong, like Mao's situation. I guess it's up to you whether you feel it is his fault or not. It's just out of his control.

The original post was in response to another person's post on the previous page claiming that it was Lelouch's fault.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:33   Link #187
masama
use the fōrks ~

wow just wow, I could never see this coming.
I cannot even imagine how Euphie's going to feel when she gets ungeass'ed, if she ever will that is. I can only see her dying in next episode, with Suzuka putting all the blame on Zero (which he is partly to blame, that'd teach him not to take jokes likely).
But then again, with the way this show has been going I'd really have no ideas what's going to happen.

I'd have to say Euphie with the sub-machine gun is pretty cool
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:36   Link #188
seraphon

Usually I dont defend people (I rather bash those I dont like, its funnier) . But I must say that no blame can be put on lelouch. And we cant even say that its a stupid mistake from him coz when you start thinking about lelouch character its so not like him to make such a stupid joke.
In fact all the blame goes to the producers of CG who wanted to make some twist and to us, the audience, who just happen to like twists and bloodstained pink princesses .
ahhh we should pity those poor anime's character... Just what do we make them do just for our amusement.
seraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:37   Link #189
lightbringer
M9000

Well, but for someone aiming to take down an empire ruling one third of the world, Lulu has been too careless for a while (like at the convention center with Euphie, and moping about after Shirley's fathers' death). So the massacre as plot device is both to make him shape up and walk down that "path of carnage" (kind of like Griffith from Berserk) as well as to set the stage for further events.

If shit did not hit the fan here, the OotBK might have disarmed in the next episode, and instead of a second season we'd have an over-the-top happy ending. It may not have been that easy of course, but the fact is Lulu was about to give up on his goal of taking down Brittania, right?
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:38   Link #190
cajunman380

If this was the case, I don't think Suzaku would survive the first season. This is not the case, since we're treating Suzaku and Euphie as Lacus and Kira effigies in a protest and that's just sad.
Spoiler:

You can't possibly place blame for this on Lulu.
He's unintentionally responsible for it, but it's really not his fault.

If anything, the only thing you could place blame on is the power of Geass itself to cause this "accident".
No sentient being, at least so far that we know, could be held responsible for this tragedy.

Of course, it's never out of question that all this could be part of the Emperor's evil plans.

Honestly from th eway the events played out im inclined to disagree. For starters lulu accepted th egeass, granted he was gonna be shot dead he accepted it of his own free will regardless. THe biggest thing though is that leouch just made a very poor choice in his wording and i mean POOR he could have said anything else but he was just plain careless. I cant blame Euphie because she was trying hard to resist it but the geass overtook her. I mean thats how i feel if you have some counterargument sthat prove other wise by all means share. Im just shocked at this turn of events. ( and dam proud that producers have th ecajones)
Old 2007-03-22, 19:40   Link #191
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

I predict that Geass effect can be resisted since Euphi was fighting it

if all goes well, she might be able 2 break the spell
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:41   Link #192
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
yea...and that final laugther really made me feel that he is trying to play god (and think about the strike it will deal to lulu when he realizes that he was just a pawn on the chess board)...well a god that cannot forsee his own downfall (im just waiting for lulu to get close enough to rip his heart out and show it back to him how black and disgusting it is...)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:42   Link #193
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
This episode I take has ruin the SuzakuxEuphie been a couple.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:43   Link #194
cajunman380

(kind of like Griffith from Berserk)

Lulu is nowhere near Griffith from berserk (yet.....). I fhe were then the OOBK would be all dead and LULU whould have massive wings bending everyone under his will with his 100 plus charisma.

I predict that Geass effect can be resisted since Euphi was fighting it

if all goes well, she might break the spell

except that the damage is done.. even if she breaks the spell she is gonna be trying to kill hgerself or emotionally braindead especially if she sees herself killg those people. This is definately the end of Euphioe wheter it be literally or metaphorically

This episode I take has ruin the SuzakuxEuphie been a couple.

unless they somehow not kill her or revive in season 2 (thorugh a series of extenuating circumstances)
Old 2007-03-22, 19:46   Link #195
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Well, but for someone aiming to take down an empire ruling one third of the world, Lulu has been too careless for a while (like at the convention center with Euphie, and moping about after Shirley's fathers' death). So the massacre as plot device is both to make him shape up and walk down that "path of carnage" (kind of like Griffith from Berserk) as well as to set the stage for further events.

If shit did not hit the fan here, the OotBK might have disarmed in the next episode, and instead of a second season we'd have an over-the-top happy ending. It may not have been that easy of course, but the fact is Lulu was about to give up on his goal of taking down Brittania, right?
No, Lulu wasn't about to give up his goals.
He was about to "work with" the Special District.
What exact plans he had in his mind is unknown, but he decided to incorporate the Special District into his own interest, and adjust his overall plans.
Old 2007-03-22, 19:47   Link #196
monstratboy

You know, even though I say it was a careless mistake, it is kinda funny how his original plan was to make Euphemia a bad guy and shoot somebody, but this is Euphemia! Ofcourse people are going to question what Zero did to her behind the closed doors.
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:49   Link #197
keriko

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
wow just wow, I could never see this coming.
I cannot even imagine how Euphie's going to feel when she gets ungeass'ed, if she ever will that is. I can only see her dying in next episode, with Suzuka putting all the blame on Zero (which he is partly to blame, that'd teach him not to take jokes likely).
But then again, with the way this show has been going I'd really have no ideas what's going to happen.

I'd have to say Euphie with the sub-machine gun is pretty cool
I agree, this was quite a shocker because everyone saw euphie as the equivalent of lacus, which she was to some extent, which is probably why personally i thought she'd live to the end of the series, but that's looking more and more unlikely since it's now either her or the japanese. While i don't think lelouch is to be blamed fully, he was careless with his secret. He should have been more cautious although he trusted euphie, and waited till her loyalty to him was absolute. I mean come on didn't he think that Euphie would at least have to answer to Cornelia or Shneizel before she just 'stepped down'. It's a sad situation but one that will have a major impacts on most of the main characters. I think we'll now see just where everyone's loyalty lies. Lelouch being the kinda guy that he is will likely take the all the blame, and although he deserves some of it, i think the weight of what happened will show us a different side to him. I'm not his biggest fan but even I can sympathize with him

And yep. Machine gun euphie, while sad, was quite entertaining
keriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:53   Link #198
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
No, Lulu wasn't about to give up his goals.
He was about to "work with" the Special District.
What exact plans he had in his mind is unknown, but he decided to incorporate the Special District into his own interest, and adjust his overall plans.
I guess now that Euphie is getting the axe, we'll never know. But it's kinda hard to imagine him methodically taking out the imperial family while playing nice with Euphie in the SAR

Then again, I think you said that she said she'll step down from the imperial family.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:58   Link #199
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I guess now that Euphie is getting the axe, we'll never know. But it's kinda hard to imagine him methodically taking out the imperial family while playing nice with Euphie in the SAR

Then again, I think you said that she said she'll step down from the imperial family.
The magic word that changed Lulu's mind is, "for Nanaly".
She already stepped down from imperial family line, it's only a matter of being publically announced by the mainland.

Note to all politicians: when negotiating with Zero, use "for Nanaly" as your key negotiation card.
Old 2007-03-22, 20:00   Link #200
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Regardless of how people try to defend it, Lelouch is responsible, he geassed Euphie so those japanese people's blood are on his hands. Euphie had zero control over it yet she'll be the one taking the fall for him. Lelouch will haunt himself for this because he is a good man. Yes it was not intentional but nevertheless it was done to remind him of the path he has taken. If you ask me, the Geass was 'angry' that Lelouch was chickening out and set him back on track

Lelouch stated that he would not let the Geass take control of him but lord and behold it has. He should've seen this happen, especially when he was saving that kid.

BTW for those who jumps to conclusions I'm not blaming him. I simply point out that he IS responsible for this massacre.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote