AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-21, 05:59   Link #2961
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Keep in mind, Regius was developing the Einherjar system specifically to fend off ship invasions, because he felt the Naval branch wasn't taking the ground forces seriously. The Einherjar cannons were supposed to be powerful enough to take out ships approaching the planet, which was why Jail had his cyborgs take them out; so he could launch the Cradle unmolested.

Anyway, that's about all the information I have on the subject.
Where was the Einherjar project mentioned by name? And what were the details?
Old 2011-02-21, 11:31   Link #2962
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Oy, it was mentioned in a few places in StrikerS, but I'm hard-pressed to remember exactly where. I think the first time it was mentioned by name, was by Auris in an elevator with some other random officer guy, but they didn't say exactly what it was until later in the series. And I can't quite remember who, by it was described as an "orbital intercept system." I'd have to watch at least the back half of StrikerS again to pick out the particular scenes. You might want to rewatch and look for specific mentions of it.

If I have time to watch StrikerS again, I'll get back to you with the specific scenes.
Old 2011-02-21, 16:11   Link #2963
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
I missed it the first time around, too, but apparently, it was what the Numbers have been busy destroying in episode 19. Also, its name is actually "Einherial" (proof).
Old 2011-02-21, 16:13   Link #2964
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I missed it the first time around, too, but apparently, it was what the Numbers have been busy destroying in episode 19. Also, its name is actually "Einherial" (proof).
It should be noted that the phonetic spelling you have there, is almost exactly how Einherjar is pronounced. Odds are that's an Engrish spelling, and Einherjar is the correct name.

And yeah, the numbers were destroying it so the Cradle could launch unmolested. Otherwise, Regius could have just shot it down.
Old 2011-02-22, 19:47   Link #2965
TheRainbowConnection

Can Armed Devices auto-cast spells like Intelligent Devices (or at least RH) can? Do Belkan users get the shaft? Does it matter if it's Modern vs. Ancient?
Old 2011-02-22, 20:30   Link #2966
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Yes, no, no.
Old 2011-02-22, 20:52   Link #2967
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Actually depending on Armed Device. Primitive ones like Revolver Knuckle can't never shown such ability.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2011-02-22, 21:10   Link #2968
Kaijo
Banned

I'd say it all depends on programming, and what you want your device to do.
Old 2011-02-22, 22:38   Link #2969
TheRainbowConnection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Yes
Okay, then is it ever explained why Hayate never installed an AI into Schwertkreuz? Incompatibility with the Tome? It's not incompatibility with Reinforce Zwei, as Schwertkreuz predated Zwei by a good year and a half. Or is it just that they had a hard enough time making a stable version of it that by the 8th iteration, no one cared?

Not that it would've done any good against Karen, but...Having an AI that would be able to carry out basic functions and autonomously activate some minor defensive spells seems like it would be useful for an oh-so-slow and oh-so-squishy mage.

I'm guessing this is Choose Your Own Adventure territory?
Old 2011-02-23, 06:21   Link #2970
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Never fully explained, but she generally has Rein for that.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:30   Link #2971
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowConnection View Post
Okay, then is it ever explained why Hayate never installed an AI into Schwertkreuz? Incompatibility with the Tome? It's not incompatibility with Reinforce Zwei, as Schwertkreuz predated Zwei by a good year and a half. Or is it just that they had a hard enough time making a stable version of it that by the 8th iteration, no one cared?

Not that it would've done any good against Karen, but...Having an AI that would be able to carry out basic functions and autonomously activate some minor defensive spells seems like it would be useful for an oh-so-slow and oh-so-squishy mage.
what interest me more is why she never combined all her armed device into just one.
Old 2011-02-23, 11:18   Link #2972
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Because Hayate with a book and staff was what A's ended with, so StrikerS needed to have too.

No in-story reason, more sticking to the icons of the character.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:23   Link #2973
Kaijo
Banned

There was a sound stage that talked about it. Hayate said something about liking the feel of a book in her hands.
Old 2011-02-23, 12:49   Link #2974
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
Actually depending on Armed Device. Primitive ones like Revolver Knuckle can't never shown such ability.
Except that RK is not primitive, it's just stripped of all AI functions, leaving only combat functionality, with Mach Caliber and Blitz Caliber acting as IDs. We never learn whether Quint had an AI comparable to the Wolkies' installed in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbowConnection View Post
The original Staff had no AI because it was part of Reinforce (an actual part of her, since she is essentially a machine), so when Schwertkreuz was made for Hayate, she probably stuck to what she knew. It is also explained in the booklets that the less sophisticated the AI, the faster the Device processes mana, which is important given Hayate's raw output. Lastly, Rein was intended as Hayate's main "thinking Device" so it's less about incompatibility and more about establishing master-slave hierarchy between various equipment pieces (like with Subaru's RK and MC, for instance).
Old 2011-02-24, 02:53   Link #2975
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Is there a canonical name/designation for the robots that Precia summoned in the Garden of Time?
Old 2011-02-24, 13:51   Link #2976
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Is there a canonical name/designation for the robots that Precia summoned in the Garden of Time?
There is none AFAIK. They were just generic mecha-mooks. ^^;
Old 2011-02-25, 02:59   Link #2977
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Where is Bureau HQ in Cranagan? Does Mid have any city shields or the like in case of orbital bombardment?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2011-02-25, 04:47   Link #2978
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
The scope of the characters range in the story makes it appear other cities do not exist on the planet, so I'm not sure if there is any material to support those notions.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-02-25, 09:12   Link #2979
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Where is Bureau HQ in Cranagan? Does Mid have any city shields or the like in case of orbital bombardment?
I always throught that huge skyscraper thingy dead center of the city is the HQ... As for the shields, I don't think they have any. Einherial was the only attempt at planetary self-defense we've seen thus far.
Old 2011-02-25, 19:04   Link #2980
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura View Post
Where is Bureau HQ in Cranagan?
I think the one attacked by Scaglietti was a Ground Force one.

Quote:
Does Mid have any city shields or the like in case of orbital bombardment?
The only buildings shown to have shields was the GF-HQ. I can't remember whether it was sabotaged by Cinque or overpowered by the drones, but they seem to fade out quite fast.