AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-15, 04:57   Link #1101
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Hm...I'll need to see lyrics for the OP first, but at the moment, its definitely the ending I prefer (although I did like the first one too). Those service shots, on the other hand...

*sighs* Made it through the four weeks...but this extra break was too much for me. orz The manga is a bit too...convoluted in places (though I couldn't help grinning at how Fujisaki-sensei hasn't completely lost his taste for clunky shoes...), but I'm definitely tempted to add the novels to my next amazon order...

As luck would have it though...there's no manga/novel thread (yet)...how many others are reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts about manga\anime:
Spoiler for for manga/anime:

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 05:30   Link #1102
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
Spoiler for for manga/anime:
Spoiler for Manga/anime:
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 08:22   Link #1103
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
This ep:

*POOF*

*Hypernova's gaydar overloads and blows the magic smoke.*
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 09:16   Link #1104
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Reaper View Post
Spoiler for Manga/anime:
Spoiler for Manga/anime con't:

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-15, 10:03   Link #1105
RedWing

Is it just me or has this show been running a pseudo anti-liberal/atheist agenda? If everyone listened to the superstitious people they would've been saved by now and all - with Natsuno's family being a prime example.

Just something that keeps sticking out to me.
RedWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 19:03   Link #1106
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Figures? Because i've been a huge fan of BUCK-TICK of many years? I don't see what's wrong with that.
That's nice, hun. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWing View Post
Is it just me or has this show been running a pseudo anti-liberal/atheist agenda? If everyone listened to the superstitious people they would've been saved by now and all - with Natsuno's family being a prime example.

Just something that keeps sticking out to me.
I've noticed that, too. Perhaps Shiki is trying to teach us something?
Old 2010-10-15, 19:12   Link #1107
fukarming

This episode easily blows away all the new season series. No debate there.

I find the episode exciting throughout. I couldn't blink my eye for 1 sec.

I actually like the OP. Yes it is not fitting to the current atmosphere, but sooner or later the humans are going to fight back and the OP will be fitting. The OP sounds like a battle theme song.

I believe in the novel they explain why Natsuno acts different compare to the other bitten human. But lets wait and see if they will explain it properly in the anime.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 19:41   Link #1108
PzIVf3

The village is hopeless lost and doom to die. Well i cant wait the doctor find the solution and fight back.

I only like the Ed song its feels like my heart blood drain in the garden of rose death.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 20:16   Link #1109
Kakkou
Tch.

Love the new OP/ED, though I do agree Kuchizuke was more fitting. The sequences themselves were great to watch and seem to hint at some foreshadowing. Looks like they've begun to speed things up with the remaining half of the show. There were some changes made so they could progress faster. IIRC, Natsuno tried to send Akira and Kaori on a bus out of the village but they came back anyway so removing that scene made sense. There was another that happened right after the end of the last ep but cutting it didn't have such impact anyway. Things'll probably speed up even more from now on if they want to have an ending.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2010-10-15 at 21:53.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 21:34   Link #1110
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Love the new OP/ED, though I do agree Kuchizuke was more fitting. The sequences themselves were great to watch and seem to hint at some foreshadowing. Looks like they've begun to speed things up with the remaining half of the show. There were some changes made so they could progress faster. IIRC, Natsuno tried to send Akira and Kaori on a bus out of the village but they came back anyway so removing that scene made sense. There was another that happened tight after the end of the last ep but cutting it didn't have such impact anyway. Things'll probably speed up even more from now on if they want to have an ending.
As long as it doesn't ruin the plot entirely, then its ok if they speed up alot of things I did enjoy the first opening more, the sequence on that was a bit better then the new opening. But there all good nonetheless
Old 2010-10-15, 21:55   Link #1111
Kakkou
Tch.

It's acceptable that they want to hasten the pace anyway, considering that Shiki doesn't look like it would get a sequel.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-15, 22:40   Link #1112
Yuno
Balanced Diet

*sigh* Yet another break... I must say despite the amount of patience I have I am eager for the next part. I would be interested to see what others feel about what happens there in. Also after the next episode it will be all that I know of the manga, and each episode will be brand new to me.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 01:02   Link #1113
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It's acceptable that they want to hasten the pace anyway, considering that Shiki doesn't look like it would get a sequel.
Having looked at the pace and the current chapters a bit more carefully, I now think they are going for a simultaneous end for the anime/manga, in just under three months. So I guess I'll save the questions and potential discussions I want to bring up when the anime catches up.

- Patrick Stokes

Old 2010-10-16, 03:36   Link #1114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
As long as it doesn't ruin the plot entirely, then its ok if they speed up alot of things
I 100% disagree. One of the charms of this series is the pacing, and speeding up would totally destroy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Having looked at the pace and the current chapters a bit more carefully, I now think they are going for a simultaneous end for the anime/manga, in just under three months. So I guess I'll save the questions and potential discussions I want to bring up when the anime catches up.
Oh how i hope this happens, aka FMA: Brotherhood. Fingers crossed!
Old 2010-10-16, 04:53   Link #1115
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Stupidity known no limit as people said huh > talking about Natsuno's Father.

Btw I miss the first OP so much ;_;
Old 2010-10-16, 05:03   Link #1116
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I started reading the manga where the anime left off during the break. Now that I can compare both, I've noticed they've cut out a few scenes in this ep (including one I really liked), have they done that all along? I may have to go back and read the first chapters then.

That aside, that was a very solid episode. I can't help but rage at Natsuno's dad. His stubbornness is going to kill his son. What would it cost him to leave the talismans in his room? It may not do him any good (actually it sure would) but it wouldn't do any bad either. Not only that, but he tricked the kids into not looking out for Natsuno.

I'm very satisfied with the new opening and ending, even if the new OP is nowhere near as good as the previous one. I'm pleased with the high amount of Sunako in the OP. I hope this means we'll see her more in the second half of the series.
Old 2010-10-16, 05:07   Link #1117
zette

I want my Walk no Yakusoku ED back. Not that I hate the new ED, but I loved the old ED song so much. Gonna need some time to get used to the new OP, but I'm fairly certain it'll grow on me soon enough. No way it beats the previous OP though as that just fit the show so well (and I loved the transition of a scene to that OP with the Shiki logo appearing and Sunako spinning around).

Anyway, it's nice to have this show back. It was a long wait, but damn this episode makes up for it all. I was hoping to see the scene of the doctor doing the fucked up experiment on his wife, but it seems that we'll have to wait till the next episode for that. The last scene with Kaori's dad being killed was just usual Shiki brilliance. I absolutely lol'd at how he was all "lol sup Megumi", as if seeing and talking to someone who's meant to be dead is the most normal thing ever.

I know it's probably been said a million times before, but this needs to be reiterated: Sunako is so freakin' cute. Yuuki Aoi is becoming one of my favorite VA -- if not my favorite VA -- after this role as Sunako and her role as Iris in the latest Pokemon series.

And what's this -- no episode next week? FFFFFF.
Old 2010-10-16, 10:52   Link #1118
klare

Shiki is finally back after a long break

Kaori's father... how can u forget a dead person?

Natsuno's father... how can u not notice your wife's condition?

first time we see were shown the inside of the castle
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 11:03   Link #1119
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
Natsuno's father... how can u not notice your wife's condition?
What happened to her and what episode started this?

(I just started following this show)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-16, 11:16   Link #1120
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I started reading the manga where the anime left off during the break. Now that I can compare both, I've noticed they've cut out a few scenes in this ep (including one I really liked), have they done that all along?
I've started going back through it myself, and so far (ch 6), I've noticed a few small changes (mostly thoughts that weren't voiced in the anime), though nothing as big as the ones in episode 12. Though I assume the larger changes were made because they've since had to compress ~two chapters into each episode.

- Patrick Stokes

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire