AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-07-17, 08:46   Link #4121
Lucidrago

But still you're asking for a normal human with no supernatural background or special ability or Sacred Gear. Issei might have been a normal human but had one of the thirteen Longinus. And it took 8 pawn pieces to reincarnate him. He might have been pathetic but had one of the thirteen Longinus. Vastly different from what you're asking for, B214. Issei had a Longinus that if properly mastered could kill gods no matter how pathetic he was at using it. He could make up for his lack of talent in using the Boosted Gear with hard work. Not saying anyone can't become strong. But asking for a normal human with absolutely nothing supernatural about them to become his queen is very far-fetched. Like I said Issei had the Boosted Gear, one of the thirteen Longinus. Most devils would trade him off upon seeing his lack of talent with it at the beginning, but still a Longinus is a rare and valuable commodity to have on your side. And Rias was willing to invest the time and energy into training him and helping him get stronger. And Issei was willing to work hard. Tell me. If Issei didn't have the Boosted Gear and was just a normal human, do you think he would have been reincarnated as a devil and learn of the supernatural world?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 08:53   Link #4122
TheWu8128
Silent Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
If Rias thought that way, Ise wouldn't be here today. Ise has the BG but he's below average as a human when he was reincarnated. Besides, even if Ise chooses a Queen without any background or skill, it doesn't mean she can't become strong now does it?
I get the sentiment but wouldn't that work better if this person your talking about was one of his pawns. The Queen piece should be someone with high specs right off the bat or just has insane sleeping power or abilities. Once again I get what your saying just not with the Queen piece
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 09:14   Link #4123
OmegaWeaponZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
If Rias thought that way, Ise wouldn't be here today. Ise has the BG but he's below average as a human when he was reincarnated. Besides, even if Ise chooses a Queen without any background or skill, it doesn't mean she can't become strong now does it?
Disagree about the example of Rias. By the mere fact of her requiring to use all of her pawn pieces, it could easily be understood that she was getting already had vast latent potential. Its much different that someone who had neither and skills in fighting nor ability, like Nimura for example. The SG is part of Issei's soul(this has been brought up in the series more than once), and is thus part of his being, so regardless of him having a normal human body, he did have an ability(albeit dormant at the time) which warranted the use of that many pieces. Reincarnating someone with neither skill nor ability, nor special lineage would most likely warrant a single pawn.

That said, I do like the prospect of queen being "grown" for Issei (in the sense that she eventually grows into a character that is worthy of that title), since it would mirror Issei's own journey (if it were to be one of his pawns, all the more so). But considering that the series is ending soon, its highly unlikely we'll see such a character in this series.
Old 2017-07-17, 09:24   Link #4124
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
But still you're asking for a normal human with no supernatural background or special ability or Sacred Gear. Issei might have been a normal human but had one of the thirteen Longinus. And it took 8 pawn pieces to reincarnate him. He might have been pathetic but had one of the thirteen Longinus. Vastly different from what you're asking for, B214. Issei had a Longinus that if properly mastered could kill gods no matter how pathetic he was at using it. He could make up for his lack of talent in using the Boosted Gear with hard work. Not saying anyone can't become strong. But asking for a normal human with absolutely nothing supernatural about them to become his queen is very far-fetched. Like I said Issei had the Boosted Gear, one of the thirteen Longinus. Most devils would trade him off upon seeing his lack of talent with it at the beginning, but still a Longinus is a rare and valuable commodity to have on your side. And Rias was willing to invest the time and energy into training him and helping him get stronger. And Issei was willing to work hard. Tell me. If Issei didn't have the Boosted Gear and was just a normal human, do you think he would have been reincarnated as a devil and learn of the supernatural world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
I get the sentiment but wouldn't that work better if this person your talking about was one of his pawns. The Queen piece should be someone with high specs right off the bat or just has insane sleeping power or abilities. Once again I get what your saying just not with the Queen piece
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWeaponZ View Post
Disagree about the example of Rias. By the mere fact of her requiring to use all of her pawn pieces, it could easily be understood that she was getting already had vast latent potential. Its much different that someone who had neither and skills in fighting nor ability, like Nimura for example. The SG is part of Issei's soul(this has been brought up in the series more than once), and is thus part of his being, so regardless of him having a normal human body, he did have an ability(albeit dormant at the time) which warranted the use of that many pieces. Reincarnating someone with neither skill nor ability, nor special lineage would most likely warrant a single pawn.

That said, I do like the prospect of queen being "grown" for Issei (in the sense that she eventually grows into a character that is worthy of that title), since it would mirror Issei's own journey (if it were to be one of his pawns, all the more so). But considering that the series is ending soon, its highly unlikely we'll see such a character in this series.
Agreed completely. All three of you.

I'd understand having a normal person as a Pawn to mirror Ise's growth, if you want to follow Rias's example, but as stated, the Piece we're talking about is the Queen Piece, not the Pawn Piece. Not to mention the fact that no matter how pathetic he seemed at first, he's the Sekiryuutei and at least had great potential to start with even before being reincarnated. Being the Sekiryuutei already isn't normal or mundane. It's a very special thing.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 09:26   Link #4125
Bennia Lover

Yeah Issei could have been made a Queen if some other good Devil like Rias found him first and Issei was their first piece making him a Queen.
Bennia Lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 09:33   Link #4126
DragonOsman
Dragon King

A Queen is worth 9 Pawns, and reincarnating him took 8. A Queen would've been a bit much.

[My Signature size should be completely fine; I even checked it. So what's the problem?]
Old 2017-07-17, 09:36   Link #4127
Bennia Lover

1 more pawn value, a bit much? Nah.
Old 2017-07-17, 09:43   Link #4128
B214

You guys are putting looking at the Queen Piece way to special. The Queen Piece is just another Evil Piece in the end, it's no much different from other Evil Pieces. Even a Knight or Rook can be stronger than a Queen. What would really be special is a Mutation Piece. Even a Pawn Mutation Piece can worth more than a Queen Piece.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-17, 10:11   Link #4129
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The Queen is considered the King's right hand, though. That makes the Queen Piece special. I mean, just look at Rias and Akeno. They're together pretty much all the time, especially when Rias has something important as the King of her peerage.

@Bennia Lover: I guess you're right.

Old 2017-07-17, 12:09   Link #4130
Lucidrago

@B214 We're talking about the value of the EVIL PIECE itself, not the person that has it. I'm very aware that any other piece can be stronger than a queen. But just as an evil piece, which one is the most powerful. Would you say the Boosted Gear is stronger than the True Longinus just because Issei beat Cao Cao? True Longinus is still stronger than the Boosted Gear. But the ranking of the Longinus themselves don't take into account the ability of the person using them. The queen piece is the same. The queen piece itself gives the servant the traits of the rook, knight, and bishop making it the most powerful piece. I'm not saying a queen is the most powerful servant. But in chess, which piece is the most powerful? Why do you think when a pawn promotes, they most likely promote to queen? The traits of the queen piece make it the most well-balanced and powerful piece. Most powerful PIECE. NOT SERVANT.

Remember that once you use an evil piece, that's it. You can't use it again. You can get a trade but that's it. So you have to choose your pieces carefully. And the queen piece is the most powerful piece and the queen is the right-hand man of the king. There's such a thing as compatibility with the piece. Using a queen piece on a normal human with absolutely nothing supernatural about them or within them is like paying $100 for a product that only costs you $1. There's also consumption value to consider. Well we do have queens that most likely weren't worth the entire value of the queen piece. Or those that were already devils like Grayfia, Kuisha, and Magdaran Bael's queen. But all(or most) of those people had great strength or great potential.

King=commander

Queen=Lieutenant

Rook=Tank(an actual tank)

Knight=Cavalry/Soldier on horseback

Bishop=Support/Combat Support

Pawn=Foot soldier
Old 2017-07-17, 13:54   Link #4131
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Ise's the foot solder of the Gremory Peerage, huh? Though it's still true that Rias wants to make the Ultimate Pawn, even then he's just the "Ultimate Foot Soldier", isn't he? I feel bad for him.

But yeah, jokes aside, I agree with you.

Old 2017-07-17, 13:59   Link #4132
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Well if you think about it if push comes to shove Issei will usurp Rias' command or even act on his own.
Old 2017-07-17, 14:10   Link #4133
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Nah, he can't do that. If he rebels against his King, he'll become a Stray Devil and then his King would have to kill him. You really want to Rias to have to be forced to kill him? No, before that, he'd never even think of usurping her power or rebelling against her in the first place.

Old 2017-07-17, 14:22   Link #4134
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Ok here's an example. One of his "team" members are in danger and Rias won't let him go for x or y reason he would go regardless because that person is in need of his help being a stray or not wouldn't matter to him at that point. And SERIOUSLY ? Once Issei unlocks DxD G at full power nobody besides Vali and a few rare individuals are going to give him lip. The Devil government will change and even if it didn't they couldn't do jack shit against one of the most dangerous and powerful individual in the whole world. Them even issuing the order for Rias to kill him would put a death flag on the ones who said so. And Rias' would be against it and most if not all of his alies would be against it. It's a fucking suicide mission trying to kill Issei at this point unless your trading punches with the gods of the DxD world.
Old 2017-07-17, 15:28   Link #4135
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Um, why would Rias stop him in the first place? You remember the part with Asia in Volume 2, don't you (she created a loophole to allow him to help her, even though she outwardly said "no")?

And Ise becoming a Stray Devil in itself is bad. You remember what they turn into? That's an abomination. Ise already said when he saw one that he really doesn't want to turn into that. Kuroka managed to go back to normal, but that's probably rare. And in the first place, no matter what, Ise wouldn't turn against Rias. Stray Devil or no.

Also, I think Ise in base form up to maybe Balance Breaker is still killable. Extinguish Star says hello.

And if he did become a Stray Devil, even though Rias wouldn't like it, she'd still have to do it because rules are rules. Ise himself, in his right mind, would like it better that way, and all of her servants would also team up no matter how much they hate it. Rather than making them all go through that, avoiding him becoming a Stray Devil would be much better.

Old 2017-07-17, 15:40   Link #4136
Sparda4
Dark Knight

I remember that. And i know there wouldn't be a situation but if there was Issei wouldn't go against Rias' command unless it was a VERY good reason. But if you think about it once Issei takes Rias to the No1 spot in RG's she might "retire" like Mephisto and have everyone do as they will just like Tannin does now. And we weren't given an exact reason why they turn into what they are (the stray's) killing the master might be the cause of the "mutation" but let's not discuss that here.

And when i meant with Issei taking command i meant during a RG his " in the heat of battle tactics" are the best out of his whole harem (Insert male harem joke here)
Old 2017-07-17, 15:56   Link #4137
Lucidrago

But we really need to stop doing this. Letting the original topic of this forum go into a whole other topic that has nothing to do with the original topic. This forum is supposed to be about Issei's harem. So let's move this to the Other Topics forum.
Old 2017-07-17, 16:47   Link #4138
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Sparda4: Even if she does retire after taking number one spot, it's not like she'll stop being Ise's master. You know that, right? It's not like Tannin can rebel against Mepisto now just because he's being allowed to do whatever he wants. There are lines he can't cross.

Anyway, @Lucidrago, that would be best.

I'll just close it here by saying that Ise would never go against Rias; period.

Let's just go back to talking about the peerage and the harem. I still say a special female that deserves to be the Sekiryuutei's right-hand man(woman?) should become his Queen because the Queen of a peerage is special that way.

Old 2017-07-18, 00:50   Link #4139
OmegaWeaponZ

I think a queen from either the Celtic or Hindu faction would be interesting, due to the limited characters in the series from those. (For Celtic, its basically only Balor. Gomagogg could be included, but its more like old english myths, similar to how Arthur would be here. For Hindu, only Shiva has been shown - to my knowledge - haven't read 22 yet)
Old 2017-07-18, 00:54   Link #4140
Bennia Lover

Many mythos figures from the Hindu faction have appeared or been mentioned: Hanuman, Ganesha, Varuna, Vishnu, Indra, Shiva, Brahma, and the 4 Heavenly Kings. Another figure appears in V22 but since you haven't read it, I left his name out.

Tags
ecchi, harem, highschool dxd, oppai, romance