AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-16, 16:21   Link #361
SymphonicRain

m O.o m

War over astrology based on a song? Now that's a first.
Old 2008-06-16, 22:19   Link #362
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
m O.o m

War over astrology based on a song? Now that's a first.
I don't think the rift was between those born under the Sagittarius sign and others, but between those born in the Sagittarius arm of the galaxy and those born elsewhere.
Old 2008-06-20, 11:21   Link #363
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

ickem :

Which episode was airing when this blog entry was written?

Quote:
2008-06-10
July 2, 2059

Title: I've been sneezing.

Is a cold going around?

Wasn't there one going around last year?
Frontier has an "NE?2" virus that causes very high fever, doesn't it?

Sounds dangerous.

That's right, a long time ago one of the recording staff members came to the studio while dealing with a bad cold. That wasn't funny. What if it had spread??

He was just being himself in not wanting to leave hole in the production, but he was directing his energies in the wrong direction.....
I don't dislike that kind of attitude, but it's about using all your strength to-get-better, then coming to work.
But before that don't get beaten by the cold....

Ahha!! I remember now.

With all the commotion this morning, I forgot to put the cleaning card on the door this morning
That's why the room wasn't cleaned.

No wonder I feel bad...

...so this is why I've been sneezing.
I can't sleep like this so I'm going to get the cleaning staff on the job now.

Later. See you.
Old 2008-06-20, 14:46   Link #364
Terra

It shows the date it was posted in that quote. It was posted in the gap between eps 10 and 11.
Old 2008-06-21, 14:26   Link #365
Westlo
Lets be reality

The first dvd cover is pretty dope for Sheryl fans

Old 2008-06-21, 15:23   Link #366
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Oooh Nice!

I'll definitely have to pick that one up!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-24, 09:17   Link #367
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

I want to ask what kind of clothes Sheryl wears when she's performing on stage?

In her concert in ep 1 she sang 'Don't be late' while wearing a blue military uniform but when she felt down the stage and Alto caught her she was wearing a two pieces dress? Did her clothes shattered while falling or her clothes magically changed? I played this scenes again and again but still couldn't solve this mystery
Old 2008-06-24, 09:19   Link #368
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanatsusaya View Post
I want to ask what kind of clothes Sheryl wears when she's performing on stage?

In her concert in ep 1 she sang 'Don't be late' while wearing a blue military uniform but when she felt down the stage and Alto caught her she was wearing a two pieces dress? Did her clothes shattered while falling or her clothes magically changed? I played this scenes again and again but still couldn't solve this mystery
She generates a hologram around herself as she sings. Which, btw, is revealed in Episode 1.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-24, 09:20   Link #369
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

ah, thank you so much So that two pieces was her real clothes?
Old 2008-06-24, 09:24   Link #370
Tak

Actually its a dark-gray one-piece thats her real clothes, for the purpose of hologram generation.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-24, 09:36   Link #371
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Is that going to be the actual cover? Why is all the lettering in Zentradi ?
Old 2008-06-24, 09:41   Link #372
Tsuchiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Is that going to be the actual cover? Why is all the lettering in Zentradi ?
Limited Edition cover
Old 2008-06-30, 23:52   Link #373
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

BUMP

Tak and ickem, what is the Japanese fandom's reaction to Sheryl and the role reversal? Inquiring minds want to know. It'll be interesting to compare how different countries regard them.
Old 2008-07-01, 00:37   Link #374
Tak

There was definitely an explosion on the BBS when 12 aired. A lot of the comments were expected, like: RANKA SO CUTE!! OMG OMG OMG!!! Followed by lamentations of Sheryl's apparent, but temporary defeat. So there were lots of ガンバレシェリル!! (Go for it, Sheryl!)

Others questioned what happened to Alto's girl-immunity.

There were comparisons too. One depicted Sheryl as a professional singer with substance and with ちょっとロック (slightly rocker type) image. Some compared her to Nanase Aikawa.

Ranka on the other hand, is more or less depicted as an idol. You seen one, you seen 'em all. Whether you agree with them or not, Ranka is definitely not at Sheryl's level in terms of substances per the BBS' opinions. Lots of fighting over, but Sheryl fans are just overwhelming.

- Tak
Old 2008-07-01, 00:50   Link #375
Westlo
Lets be reality

So Japanese forum Sheryl fans are just as overwhelming as their Chinese and English counterparts?
Old 2008-07-01, 01:09   Link #376
Tak

PRETTY much~

- Tak (If the Valkyrie in front of the Macross drops, the one who follows it, stands in front of the Macross! The Macross is more important than any of you! You say you are here to serve humanity, I say you are here to die for the Super Dimension Fortress!)
Old 2008-07-01, 01:21   Link #377
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Others questioned what happened to Alto's girl-immunity.
That's a good term, I like it.

That Sheryl's more of an artist compared to Ranka is kind of obvious. We've seen her preparing dance steps on stage, so she's probably involved with her concerts on all levels of production, everything form lighting to what she's wearing. Like she can see herself performing from the perspective of the audience within whatever setting. And then there's how she writes her own lyrics, seemingly sponteaously.

One difference between Ranka and Sheryl is that the latter does not seem to sing casual. We've only ever seen her sing in the setting of her concerts, with one exception. Not a single note from her that she hasn't beem planned out well in advance. I'm not sure what it means, but it's there for anyone who cares to make a guess.

What was Sheryl's role in the movie? Producer wasn't it? That would mean she funded it?
Old 2008-07-01, 02:58   Link #378
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
What was Sheryl's role in the movie? Producer wasn't it? That would mean she funded it?
She did the image song.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-07-01, 04:29   Link #379
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
PRETTY much~

- Tak
It's strange. I wonder if Sheryl is really much more popular among Japanese, why it isn't reflected on jp polls as it shows so prominent in en and cn counterparts (in which you need count how many times more votes for Sheryl than as for Ranka).

P.S. Just checked MF fav. girl part 2 at MW, Sheryl is at first with 106 votes, followed by Klan Klan with 40 votes; Ranka runs neck to neck with Nanase again, who just catches up Ranka at 18 votes.

And in a long-running Chinese poll (in which you can change your vote choice anytime), Sheryl (445 votes) has a too large margin over Ranka (112 votes) and Klan Klan (45 votes).

If we go to check jp polls, you'd find the Sheryl/Ranka votes ratios are very close to 1 in general.
Old 2008-07-01, 04:31   Link #380
Westlo
Lets be reality

Maybe Sheryl became a lot more popular after this episode? Sympathy added to her already strong character can add a lot more fans... also people on the fence or just on Ranka's side may have got pissed off at Ranka's "Oh no I can't give my birthday present" reaction (please grow the fuck up Ranka by series end) to Sheryl's sickness and hostage situation. I know a few hardcore Ranka fans who didn't like that...

That's why I said on MW's Girls thread that while Ranka will get more votes next poll it won't be at the expense of Sheryl.. more Klan and Nanase.

Oh and I posted in music thread but first week cd sales figures Sheryl/May'n wins, over 8000 more sold in its first week compared to Ranka/Megumi's single.

Triangler's first week: 34,961
Don't be Late's first week: 42,714
Seikan Hikou's first week: 34,501

45k+ for Sheryl/May'ns Lion/Northern Cross?
Closed Thread

Tags
characters