AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-03-02, 05:53   Link #141
rockmanxpr

For those who just HAVE to have a Fender Mustang, might as well get this one

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/ishibashi-...-312099700set/
rockmanxpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 16:00   Link #142
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Damn... I want one of those... maybe I can wait until I can get a couple of instruments XD
Old 2010-03-03, 17:32   Link #143
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

lol why get several instruments if you're only going to stare at them... they take care and space
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 21:32   Link #144
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol it's to be rented XD
Old 2010-03-05, 13:09   Link #145
Moonito
K-on Fan!

Hi!... First of all... I don't know if this is the correct post but... well..sorry if I got it wrong... ^^
Well... I like electric guitars and want to get one but I am not really sure of what type... I mean, I've heard Les pauls' , Fender (Squier,mustang) , Jacksons, etc. Which one do you Recommend for a NEWBIE ( I really mean it, I haven't play an electric guitar in my entire life... LOL im 19... not a very long life yet XD). The only thing I have atm is an spanish guitar, I use that to practise the .... way to put the fingers on the guitar and play a little (sorry... I know it has to be a word in english but I doesn't know it :P...)
So... I want to get an electric one and... want some opinions on what to get... about looks, I like the Fender ones (you know, very flat...) but... about sound... I cannot decide...
Ppl usually ask me about what kind of music I like... and since they are not otakus, I cannot say... K-on's ones!... or Pegasus Fantasy!, Rewrite, Haruka kanata,ETC. :P.... that's the kind of music I like... so .... what do you recommend? ^^

Thanks a lot and sorry to bother you with this...
Moonito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 14:14   Link #146
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Depends...are you going to play the instraments like Yui, or dress up the instraments...like Yui.
Old 2010-03-05, 15:31   Link #147
Moonito
K-on Fan!

Well, I want to learn how to play the electric guitar, just have the spanish one atm though... Since I need to buy one, just asking for opinions, eitherways, I don't have much money so i'll have to go for a generic one, but it stills depend on if its like a strat one or like les pauls... those are the most popular, I think.
Old 2010-03-09, 03:59   Link #148
eltonjoe

Yamaha Drums

Ritsu's Yamaha drum set most closely resembles the HG6T46RM Rick Marotta Signature Hipgig

http://www.yamaha.com/drums/hipgig.h...&CNTYP=PRODUCT

http://www.riuva.com/?p=1403 agrees.
eltonjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 10:35   Link #149
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Yui's Flametop

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-Custom-.../dp/B0015M017E
Yeah, I know.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=518341
The much cheaper alternative.

I'd rather spend $700 on Haruhi's Italia Mondial II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Depends...are you going to play the instruments like Yui, or dress up the instruments...like Yui.
Can't stress that enough.

I mean, I started with a cheapo $150 Squier Strat, and I'm still using it. My next purchase will either be the Italia Mondial (ala Haruhi) or the Epiphone Les Paul above.
FENR1Sdesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 11:17   Link #150
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Go with the Mondial! :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonito View Post
Well, I want to learn how to play the electric guitar, just have the spanish one atm though... Since I need to buy one, just asking for opinions, eitherways, I don't have much money so i'll have to go for a generic one, but it stills depend on if its like a strat one or like les pauls... those are the most popular, I think.
Ahh, classical/flamenco guitars are so different from electric. Hope you adjust to the change better than me. My biggest problem is how I don't like using a pick.... I started off with a dinky 200$ bass set and a 250$ steel-string acoustic guitar before getting a 150$ classical. And now, I have a 600$ cutaway semi-acoustic classical [double the lol here] and a 500$ electric that's sort of collecting dust.

But yeah, go with one of the cheaper end models. I guess it depends on if you want to buy a package or to buy decent gear separately. Entirely up to your budget and how motivated you are. I really like my cube. 8)

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 12:46   Link #151
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Dude, the Cube is awesome.

I don't know why my brother got a Line 6 Spyder. Those things are terribad. It might have come with a package, but heck I don't think he uses his strat anyways. It's still better than my crummy Squier amp.
FENR1Sdesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 12:37   Link #152
Moonito
K-on Fan!

Yeah! Don't worry, I know what I like and about budget, mine is not too heigh because here in argentina musical instruments are waaaaay more expensive than in EEUU or... well... almost any other countries XD....I just want to know its difference in sound... I know the most way expensive I coul get is either an Epiphone or a Squier (i like the texas model).... but i cannot decide... so you are telling me that its waaaay different to play a classical guitar or an electric one?!?!.... you sure about that?
Old 2010-03-11, 13:39   Link #153
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENR1Sdesu View Post
Dude, the Cube is awesome.

I don't know why my brother got a Line 6 Spyder. Those things are terribad. It might have come with a package, but heck I don't think he uses his strat anyways. It's still better than my crummy Squier amp.
orz

Not familiar with electric stuff. I've only poked around a few acoustic amps, but the cube just got my attention. It was on sale and the size is great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonito View Post
so you are telling me that its waaaay different to play a classical guitar or an electric one?!?!.... you sure about that?
- Classical guitars have wider, flatter necks. The nut width is usually about 2-3". Mine is 2-3/32". The strings are farther apart so it's.... easier to finger. orz
- Compare that to, uh, let's look at that Epiphone Les Paul - 1-11/16" nut width.
- The neck meets the body at the 12th fret on a classical. Mine is a cutaway, so it makes it easier for me to reach higher frets.
- Er, I think most electrics hit 17th fret. Mine's bolted on the 15th.

See, it's not that big of a deal if you're really into guitars. Just going be my experience and looking at my friend who started with electric and wants to try finger-picking. We're both having some trouble doing one or the other. It's always easier to switch over to electric though. I'm just retarded and can't seem to hold a pick for too long.

Do take note that I am also female and my hands are [apparently] small, even by female standards. :<

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 10:45   Link #154
Moonito
K-on Fan!

Thanks for the explanation about guitars' size, I have big hands so it won't be a prob for me ^^..
eitherways, the most difficult part now is to know which kind of electric guitar i have to get.. I mean, I have a little more budget that before, but I want to know if the best ti get is an Les Paul, Fender or Ibanez or whatever :P.... I read that the most versatile are Stratocaster's ones (mostly fender) but some ppl say that an Ibanez would be good for me because of my music interests. The music I like is mostly anime ones, let's say haruka kanata (or everything from asian kungfu generation), butterfly (amazing digimon first op), I algo like Queen (the only Non-anime music i use to listen to), pegasus phantasy, K-on, etc. So, which type of guitar do you think it would be better for me to get? ( I was thinking in Ibanez cause they use to have 2 single coils and 1 humbucker or a strato cause ppl say they are versatile... but... I'm asking here cause im not really sure and my guitar level is not high enough to go and play something I like at the music store to see if that's the sound.... I mean... I'd love to play butterfly but... as they say.. "Mada mada..." :P...
I wold reaaaaally like some opinions on this, plz ^^.
Thanks !
Old 2010-03-21, 19:58   Link #155
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

freaken expensive! I spent over 1000$ this week alone for guitar/ stuff I'm suprised my mom even gave me money for this stuff >.<

GOD I spent like a 5 mounths worth of allownaces in one freaken week ; (

I just got my amp, and soo far i got the hang of playing some notes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwmC6QLkr3g

First Guitar- Epiphone les paul standard heritage cherry sunburst
$600

First AMP - Marshall MG30FX (3OW)
$200

Portalable Guitar Case (back pack)
$25

Stand
$50

Pick
$5

AMP Wire
$25

Strap
$25

First guitar just got it on Sunday!

Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 11:25   Link #156
drsypher

Hi! I've been wanted to learn how to play a guitar for a while now. I don't have a guitar, but I really like Fender Mustangs, specifically the candy apple red Japanese Mustang that Azusa has so I've been thinking about purchasing one as my first guitar and learning how to play with it. Of course, though, my only means of getting it online and since I'll be a beginner, I'm wondering if this is a smart idea or not. Should I just go ahead and buy one when I have the money, or is that not such a smart idea right now?
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-23, 11:29   Link #157
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
Hi! I've been wanted to learn how to play a guitar for a while now. I don't have a guitar, but I really like Fender Mustangs, specifically the candy apple red Japanese Mustang that Azusa has so I've been thinking about purchasing one as my first guitar and learning how to play with it. Of course, though, my only means of getting it online and since I'll be a beginner, I'm wondering if this is a smart idea or not. Should I just go ahead and buy one when I have the money, or is that not such a smart idea right now?
Get a beginner guitar like Rockstar. The one I have now is an Ibanez GTX-180, candy red styled like Mut-tan, and I haven't touched the guitar for a few years already.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-02, 20:36   Link #158
Dip

*in love with the new drum set*

Cymbals: 14" and 16" Zildjian A Custom Crash Cymbal; 13" Zildjian K Hi-Hats. Getting a 18" Ride soon.

*looks at empty pockets*
Dip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 07:37   Link #159
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dip View Post
*in love with the new drum set*

Cymbals: 14" and 16" Zildjian A Custom Crash Cymbal; 13" Zildjian K Hi-Hats. Getting a 18" Ride soon.

*looks at empty pockets*
Why don't you get the 18" ride first? You could actually do alot with just the 14" or 16", not both.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:55   Link #160
Riot Machine
Bassist Christ

Send a message via AIM to Riot Machine Send a message via MSN to Riot Machine
Anyone notice that the les paul yui looks at first in the store says fender on the headstock but the one she buys is gibson?

Didnt know if anyone else said this and didnt feel like reading alot.

*prepares to be flamed*
Riot Machine is offline   Reply With Quote