AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 19:13   Link #1
Metropolisforever

Most Violent Anime Ever?

I ask this because... well... I'm bored.

According to the British Board of Film Classification, Elfen Lied is suitable for 15, but the Adult Swim show Metalocalypse is only for 18 and up. I was quite surprised by this. I mean, REALLY?

The only anime to be rated R18+ in Australia (for violence) have been Ninja Scroll (the movie), Ichi the Killer, Kite, Mind Game, Wicked City, the Golgo 13 movies, and certain episodes of Gantz.

A strong candidate for "most violent anime" is Go Nagai's Violence Jack, which is, I believe, the only non-hentai anime to ever be banned in Australia. The edited version was subjected to even MORE edits and given an 18 rating in the UK... and the EDITED version is infamous for being one of the nastiest anime ever. Violence Jack is also infamous for being unbelievably bad, making no sense whatsoever, and for having terrible animation (even by '80s Japanese OVA standards).

Another candidate is the Ichi the Killer anime, as well as Angel Cop.

In terms of television shows, I'm sure Gantz, Umineko, Mnemosyne, Higurashi, Fist of the North Star, and Baccano! will be mentioned.

In terms of "comedy" anime, Dokuro-chan, Magical Witch Punie-chan, and Nekojiru Gekijou all contain strong, gory, black-humor-tinged violence (which doesn't make it any less hard-hitting, mind you).

I'm not asking for the "sickest anime ever". I'm not asking for Night Shift Nurses, Princess 69, or Bondage Game. I'm asking for the MOST VIOLENT anime ever.

NOTE: "Guro" would definitely apply here, but that's strictly an underground manga thing. There really have been no anime of the sort. Obviously, the most violent manga ever would go to something of the Uziga Waita sort.

Last edited by Metropolisforever; 2010-05-25 at 19:24.
Metropolisforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:22   Link #2
GreatTeacherKen

Hellsing Ultimate isn't over yet, but it's already surpassed a lot of anime in sheer quantity of over the top violence/gore, so it might be a serious contender for most violent anime ever by the time it's done.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:33   Link #3
Idiot Bookman /SIG

To tell the truth the most violent anime I ever saw was Afro samurai.
Idiot Bookman /SIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:40   Link #4
Metropolisforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot Bookman /SIG View Post
To tell the truth the most violent anime I ever saw was Afro samurai.
I remember watching that show on Spike TV when I was 11. It really wasn't that violent, although it was violent enough to be rated TV-MA-LV. Blood+ and Trinity Blood, which were both shown on Adult Swim, were more violent.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:43   Link #5
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolisforever View Post
I remember watching that show on Spike TV when I was 11. It really wasn't that violent, although it was violent enough to be rated TV-MA-LV. Blood+ and Trinity Blood, which were both shown on Adult Swim, were more violent.

Is that so? I thought all that blood would make it much more noted as violent. Then again everyone has their own opinions.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:44   Link #6
hinakatbklyn

It's either Mnemosyne (Rin) or Samurai X as far as what I've managed to see.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:46   Link #7
Metropolisforever

Quote:
Is that so? I thought all that blood would make it much more noted as violent. Then again everyone has their own opinions.
Well, then again, I don't really remember it that well. But, by American television standards, it WAS very, very violent.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:47   Link #8
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
It's either Mnemosyne (Rin) or Samurai X as far as what I've managed to see.

In my own opinion Samurai X wasn't that bloody..well it was but it could of have been better; Don't get me wrong but I think if could of been more violent...
Old 2010-05-25, 19:48   Link #9
Metropolisforever

Quote:
In my own opinion Samurai X wasn't that bloody..well it was but it could of have been better; Don't get me wrong but I think if could of been more violent...
Samurai X was PG-13 material, guys. Seriously.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:52   Link #10
Idiot Bookman /SIG

The movie? I meant the first movie I'm talking about. The one with the different animator I'm pretty sure..
Old 2010-05-25, 19:53   Link #11
Metropolisforever

The TV series is relatively harmless.

The OVA Trust and Betrayal is more violent, but still pretty mild.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:56   Link #12
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Quote:
The TV series is relatively harmless.

The OVA Trust and Betrayal is more violent, but still pretty mild.
That's what I'm trying to say. It could at least added more detailed into the violent part of it...I'm not really a big fan of violence but I wasn't disappointed while watching it.
Old 2010-05-25, 20:02   Link #13
Metropolisforever

It was a decent movie; I'm glad it wasn't a violent exploitation film. Otherwise, it would have been trashy like Ichi the Killer or Violence Jack.
Old 2010-05-25, 20:03   Link #14
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Quote:
It was a decent movie; I'm glad it wasn't a violent exploitation film. Otherwise, it would have been trashy like Ichi the Killer or Violence Jack.
I have never heard "Ichi the killer" or "Violence Jack"... what are the ratings of both of them? I would want to have a sleep over with friends to watch it mwahhaaa...
Old 2010-05-25, 20:08   Link #15
Metropolisforever

Quote:
I have never heard "Ichi the killer" or "Violence Jack"... what are the ratings of both of them? I would want to have a sleep over with friends to watch it mwahhaaa...
Those are some of the sleaziest anime you'll find. Both of them contain constant scenes of rape, torture, murder, mutilation, cannibalism, and pretty much any other form of gratuitous violence you can possibly imagine. They are both R18+ and 18 in Australia and the UK, respectively.

Violence Jack is edited in the UK and Australia, and one episode is banned outright in Australia.

Here's Ichi the Killer:

http://www.bakabt.com/127110-ichi-th...chi-hawks.html (you have to register to download it)

Here's Violence Jack:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4191...ish_Subs_UNCUT
Old 2010-05-25, 20:10   Link #16
Metropolisforever

The nature of the violence significantly impacts its Australian rating.

For example, Gantz is probably R18+ because of the killing of an innocent old lady, while Mind Game is probably R18+ because of the shooting of a man in the rectum.
Old 2010-05-25, 20:15   Link #17
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Quote:
Those are some of the sleaziest anime you'll find. Both of them contain constant scenes of rape, torture, murder, mutilation, cannibalism, and pretty much any other form of gratuitous violence you can possibly imagine. They are both R18+ and 18 in Australia and the UK, respectively.

Violence Jack is edited in the UK and Australia, and one episode is banned outright in Australia.

Here's Ichi the Killer:

http://www.bakabt.com/127110-ichi-th...chi-hawks.html (you have to register to download it)

Here's Violence Jack:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4191...ish_Subs_UNCUT

That's interesting..but I won't download it because you gave enough information on the two animes. High five.
18+ huh.. I'm sure I don't want to see rape..it would give me nightmares for days.
To tell the truth I'm not really into violence based animes though I have seen some and dropped the anime like a plate :P(Yeah I drop a lot of stuff...glasses..etc..)
If I were to watch it later with my "crush" (when I'm ready) I shall make them watch it with me. (I never liked anyone before so that's why I quoted "crush" though it would be nice to have someone watch it with me besides my pillow and a bowl of popcorn and me, myself and I inside my boxers.)
Thanks though! Nice review!
Old 2010-05-25, 20:23   Link #18
Idiot Bookman /SIG

Quote:
The nature of the violence significantly impacts its Australian rating.

For example, Gantz is probably R18+ because of the killing of an innocent old lady, while Mind Game is probably R18+ because of the shooting of a man in the rectum.

Are you kidding me? That shouldn't be R18+....
Old 2010-05-25, 20:36   Link #19
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

It's a pity they never made a riki-oh anime, Would have been worthy of the title of most violent anime.

But to answer OP i don't know why you would even consider mind game even remotely violent. The shooting in the ass thing was comical and the only thing in the film that could be called gruesome.

Also, Which kind of violence is being considered exactly? Sexual violence? Fighting violence? There are different categories, Sexual violence being more likely to be perceived as more violent than fighting violence.

If the ichi the killer movie is anything to go by then the anime might be a worthy contender for most violent anime.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 20:41   Link #20
Metropolisforever

I haven't actually watched the whole thing either, but it apparently makes the film look mild in terms of gore.