AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-21, 11:50   Link #181
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I don't know what you guys are trying to accomplish by posting all this stuff against CyberConnect2 and DLC but I seriously couldn't care less right now since you're just blowing it way out of proportion.

Definitely buying the localization next year myself. Gives them time to possibly iron out the small problems currently present.~
Old 2013-09-21, 11:56   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If you didn't care less, you wouldn't be saying "I don't care" twice.
You know what they say, right? If you really didn't care, you wouldn't even notice it enough to react to it.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 12:04   Link #183
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

a) The game itself is broken
b) Microtransactions
c) It only sold because JoJo is ridiculously popular and has plummeted in price now that people are aware of what it actually is.
So yes, this is terrible, and people should realize that it is terrible.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 12:26   Link #184
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

A) There are still patches on the way, including one next month. So as long as such a thing is true, the game will never be in a truly broken state forever.

B) This is only an issue for impatient people. It's not going to go away, and they already lowered the energy recharge time quite a bit, so I'd say that's already a generous enough gesture.

C) Bad things can also be appealing if they also present something entertaining that allows the audience to overlook the issues, and for a lot of people the JoJo brand does just that.
Old 2013-09-21, 12:30   Link #185
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Hey, good for BandaiNamco then. It's thanks to people like you that allow them to underestimate their consumers.
It has happened for years and is done by every fighting game out their. And like I said if they did no DLC and just make a sequel you'll probably be bitching about the sequel as well.

Quote:
If you didn't care less, you wouldn't be saying "I don't care" twice.
You know what they say, right? If you really didn't care, you wouldn't even notice it enough to react to it.
It's hard not to notice when you've actively been running a campaign in this thread against it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
a) The game itself is broken
b) Microtransactions
c) It only sold because JoJo is ridiculously popular and has plummeted in price now that people are aware of what it actually is.
So yes, this is terrible, and people should realize that it is terrible.
a) patches are a wonderful thing.
b) you would prefer costume DLC compared to campaign mode? This is restricted to one mode and your 10 bars refill in an hour after the patch. It's hilarious that this is a scam yet charging for costumes or different colors (for sprite based fighters) is normal.
c) Welcome to Japan console gaming. The dropoff for Jojo is pretty similar to other Namco Bandai games like Xilla and Xillia 2. The resale market in Japan is massive...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 12:48   Link #186
Rias

It's hard to not be negative about the game when clearly CC2 is looking down on the players and cashing in the loyalty of fans of the series. DLC, Campaign mode, mechanics has been discussed over and over and we know they are all crap. Thus spawned the whole "the only thing good about this game is the voice and the character motion." statement.

The biggest thing is CC2. Being the developer, there are many thing they should've done, and shouldn't have done. First, is not looking down on the fans. DLC and campaign mode are obvious - they know and expect fans to pump in more and more money into the game. Game cost 8000 yen to begin with. I would understand if this was F2P, like what Bannam is going towards, but it is not free.

CC2 Matsuyama is also ridiculous. His quotes before the game realease was:
"I was born to make this game"
"I have the most Jojo love in this world"
"I have made it so you never get bored, no matter now many times you play it. Are you prepared? I am."
"Game designers should think more than the original creator"
"I am going to kill those people who make shitty character-based games."

I personally want to hear how he's going to respond to these now. The mechanic issue with the game should have been solved before it was released - some infinite combo are ridiculous easy to pull off, and should've been debugged during testing. Well, seeing how the first patch went, I would say they never had the time to do it. Too busy rushing out a cashgrab.

Oh, the voice part? Inside source (ok, you can take this with a grain of salt, it's the internet after all) states that CC2 was extremely tough on the voice actors. And we are talking about veterans. Now why weren't they tough on themselves too?
Old 2013-09-21, 14:09   Link #187
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
DLC, Campaign mode
DLC is normal these days, to bring this up as some negative point for Jojo is just stupid.

Campaign mode, again it's not the story mode (which is lacking), or the versus mode or the online mode, it's a time limited way to unlock costumes. Would you prefer to pay $5 for a set of 5 costumes instead like in other games? Campaign mode costs nothing and you now recharge within an hour.

Quote:
some infinite combo are ridiculous easy to pull off, and should've been debugged during testing. Well, seeing how the first patch went, I would say they never had the time to do it. Too busy rushing out a cashgrab.
Infinites happen, at least they can patch them out these days.

And some games have built their game around infinites.
Old 2013-09-21, 14:24   Link #188
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I love that defense.
"The game can be patched, so it isn't a bad game"

That does not mean it is not a bad game NOW.
It does not mean it will ever be fixed. See Ciel no Surge? Patch after patch after patch after patch. One problem fixed, another appears. Oh but yes, one day, it might be fixed. One day, the sky could fall.
And should the game ever be fixed, it doesn't take back everything CC2 has said and proven how small their vessel is, nor the disappointment they caused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's hard not to notice when you've actively been running a campaign in this thread against it.
What could you be talking about? I'm just spreading the news. It is not my fault that there is no good news.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-09-21, 14:33   Link #189
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The good news was the announcement of a localization and more new characters. Funny that you decided to completely overlook those things.
Old 2013-09-21, 14:38   Link #190
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh you tsundere. I thought I didn't matter~ (^∀^)σ≡σ)┳_┳)

Old 2013-09-21, 14:47   Link #191
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Admittedly, if all that stuff CC2 said and did was true, then it is pretty arrogant of them. However aside from their .hack franchise, I've never really liked or played anything else they have developed, so I don't tend to concern myself with anything they say or do.

So ultimately nothing you guys have been saying here is dissuading me from wanting to play this game, and I'm trying to be optimistic that the situation of the game's condition will improve by the time I can do so.
Old 2013-09-21, 18:19   Link #192
marvelB

Heh, I honestly don't care how bad it is, gameplay-wise. Just gimme my Jojo fix! Hell, I'd gladly buy the game even if it were just a reskinned Pong clone with stands replacing the "paddles" (and Speedwagon on hand to give epic commentary, of course )!

.....Actually, now I wish such a game DID exist.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:07   Link #193
Frontier

If Speedwagon were in it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat .

All the complaints about the game, while valid, don't really seem like deal breakers for me. Now CC2 could definitely have a better attitude about it, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of me playing the game for its own merits. What gameplay I've seen online looks fun, so if I get a fun experience from it overall then it'll have been worth the purchase.

I'm very interested to see how this is localized. The Ultimate Ninja Storm games had dual audio so there's a good chance Jojo will as well, especially when the JP seiyuu's are part of its selling point. Though that being said, I am looking forward to seeing who they use for the dub. What they do about some of the names is anyone's guess...
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 02:13   Link #194
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

They can't use the original JP voice track because of the copyright issues with the names, I'd think.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 04:45   Link #195
Mach Sperion

Mach Sperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 08:58   Link #196
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Old Joseph is Bathouse Owner
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 04:34   Link #197
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I love that defense.
"The game can be patched, so it isn't a bad game"

That does not mean it is not a bad game NOW.
It does not mean it will ever be fixed. See Ciel no Surge? Patch after patch after patch after patch. One problem fixed, another appears. Oh but yes, one day, it might be fixed. One day, the sky could fall.
Many fighting games have prospered with broken shit, MvC2 and HnK being some prime examples. Back in the day we just lived with infinites, now they can get patched.

It's not an excuse, it's not a defense, it's a fact.

And lmao if you think because a game has infinites or because it's broken it's bad lol.

Quote:
And should the game ever be fixed, it doesn't take back everything CC2 has said and proven how small their vessel is, nor the disappointment they caused.
Oh get over it ffs. Do you even own a PS3? Legit question.

Quote:
What could you be talking about? I'm just spreading the news. It is not my fault that there is no good news.
Just stop, more characters get announced as well as a localization and you focus on shit that the CC2 head said that the majority of people playing this game, or interested in it could care less about.
Old 2013-09-27, 08:09   Link #198
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
MvC2 and HnK are examples of fun broken games. Even Capcom's Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighter is. Hell, the Capcom's game paved the way to many doujin fighting games such as Melty Blood. You can argue that all of those I named are fanservice games first.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:23   Link #199
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Many fighting games have prospered with broken shit, MvC2 and HnK being some prime examples. Back in the day we just lived with infinites, now they can get patched.

It's not an excuse, it's not a defense, it's a fact.

And lmao if you think because a game has infinites or because it's broken it's bad lol.
That's actually not a general fact. Whereas some games are actually fine as "broken", other aren't.
If it was "only because of infinite", I would have been fine to some extent, but the game is more broken than that (although losing to infinites in this game was arguably not a pleasant experience prior the patch). I for one get incredibly tired of seeing Diavolo and DIO everywhere, because they are stupid S tiers.

There are glaring imbalance between characters, the game is sluggish as hell etc.
Quote:
Oh get over it ffs. Do you even own a PS3? Legit question.
The point stands: the fact a game can be patched absolutely doesn't discard the developpers responsibility to deliver an enjoyable game.
Relying only on fanservice works for some kind of games, but for a fighting game, it is debatable at best.
Other companies actually strive to some extent game balance before tweaking the game over time. In case of JJASB, it isn't the case, and the patch broke more than actually fix things.

Bringing the argument that things can be patched are the very reason why some games are released too soon for their own good: the players aren't supposed to be test players whatsoever. They are supposed to enjoy a game that should be somewhat balanced to begin with.

JJASB is obviously not a game that had competitive play in mind upon its development, that would be a stupid assessment. But even if it is a fanservice game in mind, the lack of proper balance hurt the game a lot. And bringing the fact the other games can be "fun like that" doesn't magically mean JJASB is in the same category.

I wouldn't call JJASB as a kusoge whatsoever, but it is really a disappointment as a game. As a fanservice medium, it has an incredible content and care for details. But as a fighting game, too many weird decisions crippled the game's assets, and the imbalance parts are just killing the enjoyment of the game for many people.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-27 at 08:43.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 10:14   Link #200
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Bringing the argument that things can be patched are the very reason why some games are released too soon for their own good: the players aren't supposed to be test players whatsoever. They are supposed to enjoy a game that should be somewhat balanced to begin with.
Come to think of it, speaking of patches too soon, there seems to be this game called "Sen no Kiseki(?)" that was recently released. And before the game was even released, the staff said:
"We'll release a patch after release, so don't worry about the crazy load time and buy the game!"
(On top of that, they said that they could not fit important end game content and will put it on a drama CD)
(It seems they want to sell the game before their financial report or something like that, so they don't want to drag back the release date)

Quote:
Just stop, more characters get announced as well as a localization and you focus on shit that the CC2 head said that the majority of people playing this game, or interested in it could care less about.
Looks like you care plenty though? Oh you tsundere. (^∀^)σ≡σ)┳_┳)