AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-09, 02:12   Link #201
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Wait wha? Did I see that right? NNS going out of business? Chapter 123456678911121314 whatever bankruptcy? No way....

Wait, what about that Scarlett game? Ok now I'm freaking out here....making me want to go and invest on them....heard the currency exchange has been a bit odd since I paused my Forex work...

Or maybe they'll merge with someone hopefully....but I like my investing idea better
Well, it's not a bankruptcy, it's the disolving of a creative team. Basically, from what I gather, they decided that they felt they could do all they could do as a group and were going to move on. The Lamune anime and Scarlett game are their two last projects. So, I don't think it's money at all... it's just a team deciding they're done, rather than letting things get boring/dull/uninspired.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 19:47   Link #202
Ho-t-Gu-Y88

card game revolution

if you guys could help it'd be awesome. In episode 8 of Lamune there's this card game they play. Hatano seems to think he's gonna win, throws down his cards, and yells revolution! I kinda wanna know how to play that game. You guys know where I could maybe learn the rules. Or maybe you could tell me about it, plz. Thanx huh.
Ho-t-Gu-Y88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-24, 22:27   Link #203
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I believe the game is the same game they play in Fruits Basket (Dai Hin Min), and if so, Score released a Fruits Basket version in the US (link). Tokyopop also published the rules for free on their website.

It's hard to say though, there are a lot of different variations of that game running around (The Great Dalmuti is one that Wizards of the Coast released). If you've ever played the game A-hole, it's basically the same thing. If they're playing some weird variant of it in Lamune, it's impossible to tell, but the rules above are probably close enough.

If you really want to do some indepth searching, www.pagat.com is probably the place to look for all things card-game based, but you'd have to have an indepth idea of what the rules are (more than they showed in Lamune itself).

EDIT: Obviously I'm talking about Dai Hin Min played with the Revolution variant. Actually, I should link the Pagat version of the rules, which are much more comprehensive, but don't mention that the four of a kind variation is called a revolution.

EDIT 2: I should also note that this card game is incorrectly attributed as Revolution in some fansubs, the actual trick-taking game Revolution uses different rules. I'm pretty sure this is not the game they're playing, as the revolution is (you'll note) a four-of-a-kind, and the anti-revolution is also a four-of-a-kind. Also, Dai Hin Min is a pretty popular game because the number of players aren't restricted (meaning you can play with any number, though four to eight are most common).

Last edited by rooboy; 2006-05-24 at 22:49.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-25, 10:56   Link #204
Ho-t-Gu-Y88

Oh wow thanx. I actually had found out about the pagat site but that website on tokyopop.. i think that's it. the different variation of dai hin min being revolution. Thanx a lot.
Ho-t-Gu-Y88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-28, 17:45   Link #205
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Another bump for a brief image update. All 6 DVDs of Lamune are out now, which means the show's finished its R2 run. I still consider it a little gem of a show that I'm glad to have in my collection. And, as before, one of highlights of each release (other than the DVD itself, of course) is the really lovely postcard. Here they are for DVDs 5 & 6 - enjoy!

Spoiler for DVD 5 & 6 Postcards:
Old 2006-06-28, 17:49   Link #206
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
...<3<3<3 the first.

Seriously...Misora looks just lovely there...and I hadn't even found that cute or cool during the show...

But that postcard certainly changed my opinion within seconds.
Old 2006-06-28, 17:52   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh my, i'd do anything for that Sakura postcard - how i miss her. ;_;

Now that the anime's finished its R2 run.. i wonder when we'll get the OST.
Old 2006-06-29, 12:12   Link #208
martino
makes no files now

Wow! The pirst picture is really nice!!!
Old 2006-07-24, 15:46   Link #209
martino
makes no files now

Does anyone know about any good sites with Lamune wallapepers???

...Probably not...
Old 2006-07-24, 16:31   Link #210
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino

...Probably not...
I have not seen very many Lamune wallpapers (and I would love to have some!), but there are some scans here. Actually, I should probably get my lazy butt in gear and make one myself...
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 10:59   Link #211
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino

...Probably not...
Well, I have three wallpapers.

Spoiler for pantsu warning:
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-25, 11:01   Link #212
martino
makes no files now

Nice ones! Keep'em coming
Old 2006-08-02, 19:29   Link #213
Zhemos

Here's some wallpapers.

Old 2006-08-02, 19:47   Link #214
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

How i've missed Sakura so much.. yay for wallpapers.

Hmm, maybe a rewatch is in order~
Old 2006-08-03, 00:31   Link #215
andromeda0201

sigh, does anyone know whether there is or will be any ost released? There are some really lovely instrumental tunes playing especially at sentimental times and I would like to have them
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 00:45   Link #216
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun
sigh, does anyone know whether there is or will be any ost released? There are some really lovely instrumental tunes playing especially at sentimental times and I would like to have them
So far, they haven't announced an OST at all, and all the DVDs are out. I suppose it's possible it may never be released. Either that, or it'll be released really late... there's just no way to know.
Old 2006-08-03, 01:36   Link #217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<sigh> I'm thinking I'll put this show and REC back in my viewing rotation after Ouran finishes out. Time for some nostalgia.
Old 2006-08-03, 08:41   Link #218
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
<sigh> I'm thinking I'll put this show and REC back in my viewing rotation after Ouran finishes out. Time for some nostalgia.
What, you paused your viewing of Lamune??? As a serious NekoNeko Soft fan I highly object to your schedule!! Watch Lamune now, you naive

And, if you had gotten the Character collection CD's, each one has an drama session of the particular characters result after the anime's end. So far my favorites is Hikari's rack issue's and Suzuka's neechan love, Nanami's is too much of a laugh

I just love Lamune....I mean I just love Nanami.....well, I love Suzuka too.....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 09:05   Link #219
martino
makes no files now

True...that's quite disgraceful, putting Lamune on hold. Now that you mention...I should rewatch it as well.

Thanks for the wallapapers Zhemos!
Old 2006-08-03, 09:12   Link #220
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
So far, they haven't announced an OST at all, and all the DVDs are out. I suppose it's possible it may never be released. Either that, or it'll be released really late... there's just no way to know.
I'm getting the feeling that it'll never be released now, i'm just gonna have to carry on repeating certain parts of episodes to hear the music.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-08-03 at 09:31.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, nekoneko, picture magic, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life, visual novel adaptation