AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-16, 18:40   Link #13261
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Damn that Accelerator just keeps getting better
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-08-16, 18:56   Link #13262
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Part 4 updated

BTW, about the lambskin not being a grimoire, to me the most covincing argument is that, I don't honestly think that people that know about it, like Fiamma or Elizarina would just call that "patchments" or "Lambskin" or something instead of grimoire. Even the Angel didn't called it grimoire, and the Angel can't "choose" what to call it, as it can't express preferences, so it is what it is (something that hasn't been explained yet at all and seems more important that any grimoire shown so far).
Old 2011-08-16, 19:00   Link #13263
Miraluka
Banned

Thanks for the notice, Okan.

Btw, should that sword mentioned on chapter 2 included on Itsuwa's profile? Heck, I can'r remember but it even has a name and a blacksmith mentioned.
Old 2011-08-16, 19:25   Link #13264
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Btw, should that sword mentioned on chapter 2 included on Itsuwa's profile? Heck, I can'r remember but it even has a name and a blacksmith mentioned.
Why would it? That sword is not hers and is of no relevance to her and it wasn't given as a gift to her. If anything the fact that she looked sharp and deadly with a shinai despise claiming being unskilled with them is more relevant.

edit : Part 5 is there.
Old 2011-08-16, 19:25   Link #13265
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Part 5 is up
Old 2011-08-16, 19:47   Link #13266
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post

edit : Part 5 is there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Part 5 is up
I'm just here to say Part 5 is rea- Oh wait...
Old 2011-08-16, 20:42   Link #13267
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

part 6 is done.....
Old 2011-08-16, 20:46   Link #13268
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Putting aside part 5 for now since there's pretty much nothing to talk about it, and jumping back to part 2- This new enemy is really really interesting is it entirely possible that they're not dealing with human magicians? There seem to be enough clues lying around to suggest that... Plus the only thing creepier than a ton of eyeballs popping up and staring at you, is a ton of mouths popping up and giggling at you...

Then there's this weird thing that is said to utilize the symbolic shapes of Mjölnir- but how does a cylinder, sphere, cube and cross relate to a hammer?
Old 2011-08-16, 21:10   Link #13269
Ettel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Putting aside part 5 for now since there's pretty much nothing to talk about it, and jumping back to part 2- This new enemy is really really interesting is it entirely possible that they're not dealing with human magicians? There seem to be enough clues lying around to suggest that... Plus the only thing creepier than a ton of eyeballs popping up and staring at you, is a ton of mouths popping up and giggling at you...

Then there's this weird thing that is said to utilize the symbolic shapes of Mjölnir- but how does a cylinder, sphere, cube and cross relate to a hammer?
If I recall correctly, the Thor´s hammer was used in the same ways than the Christian cross.

however I can´t explain the sphere.
D:
Old 2011-08-16, 21:23   Link #13270
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
If I recall correctly, the Thor´s hammer was used in the same ways than the Christian cross.
I've just checked the wiki page- Indeed, Mjölnir was used as a pendent, usually crafted into a 'T'-shape cross

Quote:
The shape taken by these pendants varied by region. The Icelandic variant was cross-shaped, while Swedish and Norwegian variants tended to be arrow or T-shaped. About 50 specimens of such hammers were found widely dispersed throughout Scandinavia, dating from the 9th to 11th centuries. A few such examples were also found in England. An iron Thor's hammer pendant excavated in Yorkshire, dating to ca. AD 1000 bears an unical inscription preceded and followed by a cross, interpreted as indicating a Christian owner syncretizing pagan and Christian symbolism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
however I can´t explain the sphere.
D:
I'm guessing Sphere = Morning Star warhammers or a club which apparently Mjölnir was sometimes known as.

For me, how does cube = cross then?
Old 2011-08-16, 22:06   Link #13271
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Part 7 was done.
Old 2011-08-16, 22:20   Link #13272
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

woah part 8 also done that fast.....
Old 2011-08-16, 22:23   Link #13273
Ettel

Quote:
Except for special cases like the #10 Saint
Since when the saints have ranking? >_>
Old 2011-08-16, 22:24   Link #13274
judasmartel
*Author

I think he meant Saint appearance order.
Old 2011-08-16, 22:38   Link #13275
Miraluka
Banned

No, I think she mean ranking. It can't be appearance order since so far only 4 saints were revealed, it could be in order of born.
But, Kanzaki just said:

(Except for special cases like the #10 Saint, modern magicians are prohibited from a certain action. That is why I had to go up above the fortress first rather than going directly to it.)

Acqua was a Saint so there isn't point on making reference to him when she could have said Acqua or William Orwell.

The fact he said a special case... I've some vibes it could a reference to the Saint Valkirye known as Brunhild Eiktobel.
Old 2011-08-16, 22:39   Link #13276
Syed_Seinaru_Migi

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
I think he meant Saint appearance order.
what do you mean 'Saint appearance order' since english is my second language i use so.....
Old 2011-08-16, 22:50   Link #13277
Ettel

Quote:
No, I think she mean ranking. It can't be appearance order since so far only 4 saints were revealed, it could be in order of born.
But, Kanzaki just said:

(Except for special cases like the #10 Saint, modern magicians are prohibited from a certain action. That is why I had to go up above the fortress first rather than going directly to it.)

Acqua was a Saint so there isn't point on making reference to him when she could have said Acqua or William Orwell.

The fact he said a special case... I've some vibes it could a reference to the Saint Valkirye known as Brunhild Eiktobel.
Hope it's not a power ranking, we have enough with the level 5
Old 2011-08-16, 22:53   Link #13278
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But, Kanzaki just said:

There's actually a very simple way to determine from this quote alone

Quote:
This is course referring to the act of flying, I don't think she's referring to a Saint known to us, because as far as I know none of them had been shown to fly.

Unless Kamachi decides to suddenly implement a ranking system for Saint's power which is crazy at this point, I'm assuming as well that Kanzaki's referring to the order which they're born, or at least, when they're discovered to be a Saint.
Old 2011-08-16, 23:31   Link #13279
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's actually a very simple way to determine from this quote alone

This is course referring to the act of flying, I don't think she's referring to a Saint known to us, because as far as I know none of them had been shown to fly.

Unless Kamachi decides to suddenly implement a ranking system for Saint's power which is crazy at this point, I'm assuming as well that Kanzaki's referring to the order which they're born, or at least, when they're discovered to be a Saint.
I think a ranking system would be cool. There are 20 and we have seen less than 5.
Old 2011-08-16, 23:55   Link #13280
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Dengeki Bunko Light Novel Series Sales Listed
Quote:
The publisher ASCII Media Works revealed in a press release that the light novel series Toaru Majutsu no Index has sold 12,300,000 copies under its Dengeki Bunko imprint as of August 10. The 24 volumes of Shakugan no Shana has sold 8 million, while Kino no Tabi's 21 volumes have sold 7 million.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen