AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-06, 02:13   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

[Manga] Claymore Extra Chapter 3 Discussion

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter ES 3. As this is the first time a chapter discussion was created for Claymore please discuss all prior chapters in the generic manga discussion.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

After episode 73 was published in the last volume of Shounen Monthly Jump the mangaka, Yagi-sensei, decided to take a break from continuing the story to release various side stories. This chapter is the third of four extra chapters that are being released monthly in Shounen Weekly Jump until Claymore is moved to a new monthly magazine. These chapters feature side stories that took place in the past. It is expected that they will be done after 4 episodes and then chapter 74 will be published.

Chapter ES 4 will be released in October, a month from now.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-10-17 at 15:06.
Old 2007-09-06, 02:19   Link #2
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

My first reaction to this chapter: We've been told that Priscilla is powerful, now we've been shown how powerful she really is. She destroyed half of Isley's body in a single hit! It is really hard to imagine what could do that much damage. I guess she's the real deal after all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-09-06, 02:19   Link #3
killer3000ad

Anyways, a lot of simliarities between Miata and Priscilla in their mental capacity. Both have regressed to infancy stage which appears to give them much increased power. We've seen Miata tear yoma's apart with bare hands, and now we see Prissy dish out the pain against Rigald and Isley, both nearly godlike in their own right until they met Prissy.

I am thinking, the way many infants cry uncontrolibly, the same way both Miata and Prissy are uncontrollable in their power output.

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2007-09-06 at 02:19. Reason: Ok, not first.
Old 2007-09-06, 02:19   Link #4
superzombie23

^^^ OMG you beat me , both of you.

This one is about Priscilla and Isley, right? I guess so after reading the top posts lol. Reading it now...

Pretty good I guess.

Last edited by superzombie23; 2007-09-06 at 02:33.
Old 2007-09-06, 02:21   Link #5
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
I am thinking, the way many infants cry uncontrolibly, the same way both Miata and Prissy are uncontrollable in their power output.
That is an interesting comparison between the two of them. I wonder if it is actually relevant. Perhaps there is a correlation between mental state and ability to generate youki?

Old 2007-09-06, 02:31   Link #6
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Can you imagine if those two ever met and became playmates? *Shudder* The world would end.
Old 2007-09-06, 02:54   Link #7
superzombie23

Can someone refresh my memory about Miata. She's the girl that's becoming the new "eye" of the org? And is she hunting down Galatea with what's her name that got milked lmao?
Old 2007-09-06, 03:00   Link #8
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

She's not the new "eye." I think that's Lune, who we haven't seen yet. Miata is the number 4 who has the super five senses, and can track someone even while on yoma suppressants.
Old 2007-09-06, 03:01   Link #9
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Maita was paired with clarice the Orgs # 47 to take down galatea(apparently as an act of mercy), as for this extra it seems funny that old super kitty(a.k.a Ricardo) was beaten to the point of submission by priscilla and STILL managed to lose an arm
Old 2007-09-06, 03:23   Link #10
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder if Easley could have won?

Sure, we're told that the more she's wounded, the stronger she gets, and she can deal devastating attacks... But she doesn't seem that aggressive, and it seems to me that one decisive blow to the head could kill her. If he was able to run her through the chest, he ought be able to do the same with the skull.
Old 2007-09-06, 03:28   Link #11
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder if Easley could have won?

Sure, we're told that the more she's wounded, the stronger she gets, and she can deal devastating attacks... But she doesn't seem that aggressive, and it seems to me that one decisive blow to the head could kill her. If he was able to run her through the chest, he ought be able to do the same with the skull.
It's just one one of those things you can't see till you read it over again. Plus, Isley is not savage enough to kill her.
Old 2007-09-06, 03:29   Link #12
Flar

When I read the chapter, Priscilla made me think more of Ophelia than Miata. The main characteristic of both is that they are in severe denial of their awakened state.

In the case of Priscilla, it even seems she's trying to suppress her youki power. Except to eat, she didn't attack first, and when attacked, she didn't go all out, only winning against Isley because of some sort of reflex.

That may be why Riful wants Galatea or Clare, she wants to turn Priscilla back to human and then kill her... because Priscilla has that core grudge against yomas. It would really be like with Ophelia or Jean, they preferred to die than stay a monster?
Old 2007-09-06, 03:34   Link #13
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstadini View Post
She's not the new "eye." I think that's Lune, who we haven't seen yet. Miata is the number 4 who has the super five senses, and can track someone even while on yoma suppressants.
What's the difference between the power the "eye" has and the "super five senses"... lol? It seems like the same thing, unless the eye just has more range in detecting yoki. Anyone know?
Old 2007-09-06, 03:46   Link #14
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superzombie23 View Post
It's just one one of those things you can't see till you read it over again.
What do you mean?

Quote:
Plus, Isley is not savage enough to kill her.
He originally intended to kill her. He sent thirty of his own men to get slaughtered as a decoy for his southward move. He's savage enough for anything.
Old 2007-09-06, 04:00   Link #15
superzombie23

Well, like you know when you see a movie for the first time, and you don't catch as much as you did the 2nd time. The more you watch it, the more you realize how stupid the actions some of the characters were. And, Isley had plenty of opportunities to kill her, but even if he stomped her head, she probably wouldn't have died, so if he was so bent on killing her, he wouldn't be savage enough
Old 2007-09-06, 04:06   Link #16
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
What's the difference between the power the "eye" has and the "super five senses"... lol? It seems like the same thing, unless the eye just has more range in detecting yoki. Anyone know?
Galatea was the original "eye" of Claire's generation. She excelled at sensing Yoki (though whether her sensitivity to it is on par with Teresa's is debatable), and according to translated scans "has energy detection in a wide range," meaning she could ferret out individual yoki "wavelengths." This is different from Miata's specialty - she doesn't track Yoma or Claymores by their yoki, but by their scent.

As a little chestnut, before the wikipedia article got updated, Tabitha was called the "Dark Silver Eye" of the remaining seven Claymores of Pieta. I dunno how the editor of the article came across this information, but it seems to fit considering that Miria turned to her to scan the area when the seven first came down from the north.
Old 2007-09-06, 04:11   Link #17
superzombie23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamstadini View Post
Galatea was the original "eye" of Claire's generation. She excelled at sensing Yoki (though whether her sensitivity to it is on par with Teresa's is debatable), and according to translated scans "has energy detection in a wide range," meaning she could ferret out individual yoki "wavelengths." This is different from Miata's specialty - she doesn't track Yoma or Claymores by their yoki, but by their scent.

As a little chestnut, before the wikipedia article got updated, Tabitha was called the "Dark Silver Eye" of the remaining seven Claymores of Pieta. I dunno how the editor of the article came across this information, but it seems to fit considering that Miria turned to her to scan the area when the seven first came down from the north.
Lol, so anyone who's considered an eye is a Yoki scanner. lmao
Old 2007-09-06, 04:17   Link #18
Defiled one
Priscilla`s inner voice

I do hope that Priscilla actually dies by a cranium destruction or decapitation. Otherwise I donīt think beating her until submission will do.
Old 2007-09-06, 04:44   Link #19
Hamstadini
Raki/Claire fan

Quote:
Lol, so anyone who's considered an eye is a Yoki scanner. lmao
I fail to see how I was humorous.
Old 2007-09-06, 06:56   Link #20
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, if one were to apply this to the anime, Priscilla's actions make so much more sense in regards to her dealings with Raki.