Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-04, 15:00   Link #401
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Sure, 10 years old major. Very realistic.
Getting to the position might be unrealistic but given that armies care for results and not some pesky things like ethics so long as she can single handedly eradicate an enemy army probably even real world armies would find excuse to mobalize her. Armies don't really care for the number of soldiers or how old said soldiers are, just military power—hence why some armies have gotten smaller in the modern times so as to better focus on equipment and training rather then pointless numbers.

She was also technically just a scout initially. She just happen to eradicate an entire air squad by her little self. Some time later she was also simply a test subject. And soon after that she just happens to be the only soldier that can use that overpowered god amulet.
Old 2017-02-04, 15:21   Link #402
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
I said "they stick to realism with pretty much everything that isn't magic-related"
That's 100% related to magic, so what I said is correct. They wouldn't want her if she wasn't a mage.
Old 2017-02-04, 15:37   Link #403
guestuser

Quote:
Hey if any kid could act like Tanya is at being competent and take the opportunity when war is at the door, age makes little difference.
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 16:13   Link #404
Xical
Phantom User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
. Also, like I said, most of the commanders are actually ranging from smart to very smart.
No, they are not, at least not the high commanders from the Empire, they are in the situation they are right now because the greed and incompetence of them, and the other powers reacted to that because they had no other choice.

Quote:
She was 11 last episode, and if the "is my birthday today" is not a joke, she is 12 now, a 12 years major who look like a 9 years basic school girl,
Old 2017-02-04, 16:59   Link #405
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I said "they stick to realism with pretty much everything that isn't magic-related"
That's 100% related to magic, so what I said is correct. They wouldn't want her if she wasn't a mage.
By that criterion, everything we're likely to see is magic related. Since it'll be from the POV of a mage, and mostly about situation for her to involve herself in.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 17:33   Link #406
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Indeed, including the supernatural reincarnation that allowed her the knowledge of a full grown man with the vision and experience of our current world. She would not be able to write that essay about the future of the war and make the aerial batallion proposal otherwise. That was also a key factor in her promotion to major. I think the author made a fantastic job regarding Tanya and the world around her.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 18:15   Link #407
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
No, they are not, at least not the high commanders from the Empire, they are in the situation they are right now because the greed and incompetence of them, and the other powers reacted to that because they had no other choice.
The incompetent one lost his place already. And being competent or not isn't simply about deciding to enter war.....
Old 2017-02-04, 18:32   Link #408
Domonkazu

just picked this one, Aoi Yuuki is awesome like always.
Old 2017-02-04, 21:53   Link #409
Arc Unin

Though we can laugh at their incompetence nowadays, once I saw their judgement in Skythewood, I found it hard to refute their stupid decision like Rudelsdorf and Zettois. It is just like our hindsight.

Last edited by Arc Unin; 2017-02-04 at 22:46.
Arc Unin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 22:35   Link #410
Maverick05

Very surprise with this series. Might be the best of the year and we are barely in February. If the novels were in english already, I swear I will buy them. Only regret is that Viktoria's model in anime isn`t as hot as in manga.

Just got one question for the LN readers that may be a bit spoilerish:
What is the reaction of the leaders in both sides when they find that on the first days of War they bombed Darkia`s Capital?
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-04, 22:50   Link #411
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I wonder if the story would expand to WWII era... when airplane got founded, I think that is when Tanya would actually have a real match
the battle in episode 5 is actually something I want to see from GATE anime.. but they did it too respectfully...
Tanya just do it in rough and awesome way.. pointing the foolishness of people, then overwhelm them with high advantage of weaponry

giving big respect to the rest of battalion too. Could you imagine when you need to obey a mere 10-years old major with twisted personality? They even managed to endure those spartan training
I think Victoria is my second favorite character in here.. if she died, I think even Tanya would be shaken hard
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 00:18   Link #412
guestuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Very surprise with this series. Might be the best of the year and we are barely in February. If the novels were in english already, I swear I will buy them. Only regret is that Viktoria's model in anime isn`t as hot as in manga.

What is the reaction of the leaders in both sides when they find that on the first days of War they bombed Darkia`s Capital?
Sorry we can't answer that or most of us could not because it is not translated that far as even the prologue of volume two is not out yet, and neither has the manga caught up to the present episode.

So this uncharted territory for us in the anime.
guestuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 02:36   Link #413
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Man, I wanna upload some more fanart of Youjo Senki. Some of the fanart/Fancomics are great stuff.

Spoiler for I think one comic should be fine, right?:

Spoiler for And one picture^^:
Where you find those?
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 11:16   Link #414
OpenDoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick05 View Post
Spoiler:
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 11:17   Link #415
kukuru

Much less ww1, we still have incompetent Generals and commanders in today's era. One can (not really)look back to Iraq where American trained and backed soldiers all but fled from "low tech" terrorist. And this was a mere few year ago.

You have to remember most generals are symbolic and political, or even just part of the royal family. Very few generals even in the top countries ever truly are pure talent.

Though during ww1 military technology truly very obtuse, with some super dated technologies, and tactics, globalization wasn't a thing back then.

When you consider mage technology is something so powerful even in modern era, almost over technology level, those days.

FYI we haven't had a "real war" in a long time, the closest we were suppose to have was the iraq war which on paper was "a decent matchup"...and well we know how that went.

Everyone but historians wouldn't know how crazy real war would be in terms of actual warfare.

Trenches in ww1 which seems common now was a mind boggling concept back then, and that's LOL in hindsight.

Also parallel to real world, even an "air force" in small peaceful European countries(or not) would be a dozen or so planes and some part time soldiers. If they ever went up against a super power, it would indeed be a slaughter.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 23:14   Link #416
dgaaz

Mages are so powerful in this show. They are basically,

- immune to bullets
- highly resistant to explosives
- able to fly at high altitudes with great mobility
- possess firepower of a heavy artillery

Each mage is an Iron Man. How is anything from WW1 able to fight this, much less today's modern army (other than opposing mages)
dgaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 23:20   Link #417
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
What exactly was that look that everyone had on their faces when the 2nd Lt. asked Tanya the question? You know, whether Tanya was sure she wanted the 2nd Lt. to give the warning?
i would also like to know, i saw some japanese text for that part but for some reason they didnt translate that part
Old 2017-02-06, 00:17   Link #418
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaaz View Post

- immune to bullets

Each mage is an Iron Man. How is anything from WW1 able to fight this, much less today's modern army (other than opposing mages)
Tanya is unusual in that she has a power source 4 times greater than normal. And the only reason she has it is because Existence X wanted to force her to pray to him every time she needed to use it.

Then the scientists created nerfed versions of her power source which are slightly weaker but doesn't require praying. Those are the ones that Tanya gave to her battalion.

For all intent and purposes Tanya has power that is 200 years ahead of its time. She and her squad are able to cruise at the maximum altitude of normal mages, and then fight at even greater elevations. Think of it like a massive technological breakthrough. Mages are planes, but they were under utilised. Tanya cheats because she both had aerial superiority, and also know what aerial superiority actually meant.

This is why they were able to destroy such a large ground force. They were flying so high that they were beyond the reach of infantry fire.
Old 2017-02-06, 00:17   Link #419
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaaz View Post

- immune to bullets

Anti-air weaponry might do the trick. It's like airplanes. You can't shoot them with normal infantry. You require other planes and anti-air guns to destroy them. Plus, it's like Tanya said... they are in a WW1-like scenario and few people realize how powerful aerial battalions are since it's something new, therefore few tactics were developed against it at the moment.
And i would not call mages immune to bullets. They are still humans and eventually will run out of juice! I doubt that defensive shield will last forever in a fight.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 10:12   Link #420
bastek66

Spoiler for nightmares:

Tags
reincarnation, tactics