AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2017-04-07, 05:08   Link #41
entei08

Is this girl perhaps part of Aleister's collection in the building, or just someone who got wind of things (maybe from Laura) and decided to join in, would be nice to know. Mathers is Aleister's associate IRL.
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 05:15   Link #42
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Yep, and the name is Moina Mathers, not Mina.

Interesting though, a certain Mathers has showed up in Date A Live first.

EDIT: She really was named Mina/Minna, but changed her name to Moina after her marriage to Samuel Liddell MacGregor Mathers.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 05:27   Link #43
The One Above God
Kamijou

Wow, we're finally getting some juicy IB infodump? Nice.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 05:29   Link #44
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'm more interested about the introduction of the bigshots in the Hermetic Order.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2017-04-07, 05:57   Link #45
KiharaRonin

Prediction Time
-Mina will tell Touman about Imagine Breaker's use to Aleister and it's orign. I'm not sure if we'll learn anything about IB/Dragons but who knows.
-Touma will interact with Aleister and possibly Aiwass. Tsuchimikado will definetely stand off with Aleister and Touman will come to his aid, forcing Aleister to stand down.
-Fran, Index, and Othinus will stay minorly involved outside of Academy City.
-Touma and the girls will stay outside of the city. I have some doubts about Tsuchimikado's survival. His sister's life is on the line, now it's time for a self sacrifice. I predict he'll perish using magic to cancel the Karma Magic.
-Mina will join the faction (harem).
-As Touma, Index with Sphinx, Othinus, Fran, and perhaps Mina escape, Misaka will follow. (Maybe Misaki too).
-Academy City will be a minor setting in the Aleister story arc.
-Aleister will begin to put his plans into actions, still needing Touma.
-Laura will get involved in the end. Even though Tsuchimikado didn't let Fran contact her, she was watching Aleister during the Kamisato Arc and will definetely take action.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 08:13   Link #46
entei08

What are the chances that Mina is the cat towards the end of NT 10?
entei08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 08:57   Link #47
vixyw

Yup, things are getting really interesting from now on! I wonder if the catgirl is the boss of this volume or someone that will help the crew inside the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Eh, don't remember about that at all...
vixyw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 09:53   Link #48
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Sounds like NT's version of the GRS arc is about to begin.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 10:29   Link #49
Tiken
Supreme Coconut Edgelord

Based on that summary alone, I only have one thing to say.

Prepare for the ultimate info dump, mainly since vague hints and sparse pieces of backstory have been the only information given us so far about Aleister.

I'm glad that things are picking up, I just hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of when Touma, Accelerator, and Shiage were all holed up inside his dorm listening to Birdway for a third or half a volume.

That said, I'm pretty excited about this.
Tiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 13:53   Link #50
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Sounds like NT's version of the GRS arc is about to begin.
Except instead of God's Right Seat, it'll be the Heremetic Order.
Old 2017-04-07, 15:16   Link #51
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Wow, we're finally getting some juicy IB infodump? Nice.
Just like with Ollerus? I clearly remember Touma bein "lol nope, festival is more important!".

However, I would like to be wrong and that Kamachi really focusses on IB instead of throwing readers a bone until the next 12 volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
Or the cat girl from NT2.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 19:07   Link #52
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Just like with Ollerus? I clearly remember Touma bein "lol nope, festival is more important!".

However, I would like to be wrong and that Kamachi really focusses on IB instead of throwing readers a bone until the next 12 volumes.

I was thinking the same thing and it will be funny for a random characters that make a random cameo in NT2 to be someone so important specially because it was really random and in a funny moment.

Also a "human" without a trace of doubt that isn't true at all we can see that because WR work on stuff make by Crowley and that only work on people which conflicting ideals which mean he had traces of doubt.

Also I finally think I know Crowley final goal it is for him to have his perfect plan completely self-destruction and failled which no hope of it successing or being about to continue.
What do I mean by that just look up Brother of the Left Hand Path and what the Real Life Crowley said about it and it also explain why Crowley had a huge breakdown at the end of NT14. Specially if the Magic Gods were part of Brother of the Left Hand Path beside Othunis who was just before that. If you take into High Priest past it make more sense why he did not get to Enlightenment after what the people did to him.

Also how long do you think the Crowley Arc will be?

I am saying about 10 books like the GRS Arc was going to be before the last book was make into 2 and Gremiln Arc 10 books.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 22:14   Link #53
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I was thinking the same thing and it will be funny for a random characters that make a random cameo in NT2 to be someone so important specially because it was really random and in a funny moment.

Also a "human" without a trace of doubt that isn't true at all we can see that because WR work on stuff make by Crowley and that only work on people which conflicting ideals which mean he had traces of doubt.

Also I finally think I know Crowley final goal it is for him to have his perfect plan completely self-destruction and failled which no hope of it successing or being about to continue.
What do I mean by that just look up Brother of the Left Hand Path and what the Real Life Crowley said about it and it also explain why Crowley had a huge breakdown at the end of NT14. Specially if the Magic Gods were part of Brother of the Left Hand Path beside Othunis who was just before that. If you take into High Priest past it make more sense why he did not get to Enlightenment after what the people did to him.

Also how long do you think the Crowley Arc will be?

I am saying about 10 books like the GRS Arc was going to be before the last book was make into 2 and Gremiln Arc 10 books.
If Kamachi can stretch the arc on for 10 books, I think 7 books would be better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post

I think (sadly of course), by saying "the mystery of Imagine Breaker" isn't referring to it's origin, but instead it's importance to Crowley's plan. After all, Fran and Tsuchimikado want to hide behind Touma due to Imagine Breaker. This probably will make Touma question why Aleister needs hia right hand. Sadly, Kamachi will have to keep this mystery lingering until the end of the series, which from the looks of it, won't be anytime soon.
Old 2017-04-07, 23:43   Link #54
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I'm just gonna post Marcus H's translation here because it flows better in English:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NT18 Summary
"Toaru Majutsu no Index" and "Toaru Kagaku no Railgun" Manga's 10th Anniversary! And in the headquarters, finally a confrontation with "him"――!! (this part by me as no one else translated it)

The "Plan".

Enshrined within the headquarters of Science is the ambition of an immortal magician that spans beyond a hundred years. It undergoes an infinite amount of forms, and bares its fangs without mercy.

Tsuchimikado Motoharu and Fran have become target of the leader of Academy City. After they stumble into Kamijou Touma's room, they attempt to escape from Academy City as a last resort. However, the man in the green surgical gown certainly will not let them get away. His poisonous fang, a magic called "Karma", strikes Tsuchimikado's sister Maika, consuming her in the process. To overcome this situation, Touma and Tsuchimikado decided to attack the stronghold of the General Superintendent of Academy City, the Windowless Building.

What awaited them inside was vast, nihilistic space as if symbolizing the ruler's mind.

Kamijou charged forth heading to the top, but suddenly a strange, cat-eared beauty in mourning garb named Mina Mathers invites him to experience the same Golden Miracle that the immortal magician walked. Along with the mystery of the Imagine Breaker...

Finally the curtain is drawn.

Thus begins the tale of Aleister Crowley, a "human" with a clear consciousness.
<sigh>...<deep breath>
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
  • So Maika is the one that's attacked... Makes sense; its the foolproof way of striking at Tsuchimikado.
  • Mina Mathers... what other names from the Golden Dawn/Rosicrucians will we come up.
  • Aleister's tale...Will Heaven Canceller; Noukan and High Priest become relevent to this tale?
Too many things to wait for. I'll echo everyone else's thoughts that Kamachi might just bait again but I still have faith in the robot!
Old 2017-04-07, 23:45   Link #55
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

We already know about Imagine Breaker. It's is the hopes of magicians and magic gods, what will most likely be revealed is IT.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 00:00   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Mina Mathers... what other names from the Golden Dawn/Rosicrucians will we come up.
Well, aside from Crowley and Mathers, another name that was mentioned in the series was Anna Sprengel [OT Volume 22 Epilogue].

Old 2017-04-08, 05:27   Link #57
salamander750

If the series ends after this arc, I will throw a rage fit. There are still many things left unanswered. but isnt we already know about the IB being a product of the Magid Gods? Except IT and dragons, what part about the IB that we dont know?
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 09:31   Link #58
KiharaRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
If the series ends after this arc, I will throw a rage fit. There are still many things left unanswered. but isnt we already know about the IB being a product of the Magid Gods? Except IT and dragons, what part about the IB that we dont know?
We don't know why it chose Touma and what purpose it chose him for.

Some other stuff we don't know or that needs to happen includes:
-A lot about Laura
-Most of Index's past
-Most about Accelerator's past
-Aiwass' purpose
-Kumokawa Seria's past with Kamijou
-Touma needs to remember Misaki
-Kihara Yuuitsu's fate
-What happened to Thor
-The identity of Aihana Etsu
-Aogami Pierce's real name (could go hand in hand with what's above it)
-The actual possibility of Level 6, since we've seen Magic Gods already
-What is the full purpose of the Imaginary Number School Distract
-Fran needs to admit her love to Kamisato and return to the faction, since Fran may have the most developed romance in the series
I'm sure there's more but I can think of anything right now. It should be noted that most of this won't fit in with the Aleister Arc at all. Some stuff like #6, Kumokawa Seria, and Touma and Misaki could fit into it's own volume.

About, IT and Dragons, I doubt that will be revealed soon. I stil think Mina will tell Touma about IB's importance to Aleister.

It should also be noted we are close to Christmas. I doubt this arc will last until then, but Christianity is a major series plotpoint so I doubt Kamachi will let Christmas go by.
Old 2017-04-08, 09:45   Link #59
salamander750

There is also Gunha and Gemstones, Takisubo power, what is going on in England, the Amakusa( man I missed those guys), oh yeah there is also vampires and aliens which was mentioned but havent appeared. LOTS OF PROBLEMS

When Kamachi finished his youkai-themed light novel did he solved all the misteries in It or not guys?
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 09:52   Link #60
KiharaRonin

Just also realized, if this was the final arc, Kamachi would've said. Creators usually announce the end of their series, like this is the last season or final arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander750 View Post
There is also Gunha and Gemstones, Takisubo power, what is going on in England, the Amakusa( man I missed those guys), oh yeah there is also vampires and aliens which was mentioned but havent appeared. LOTS OF PROBLEMS

When Kamachi finished his youkai-themed light novel did he solved all the misteries in It or not guys?
Are you referring to The Zashiki Warashi of Intellectual Village, if you are,, I don't remember.

Last edited by KiharaRonin; 2017-04-08 at 11:38.