AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-15, 16:29   Link #1221
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Ah nice, another ep is out. Awaiting Suppido's subs.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 21:00   Link #1222
Vicious108

Both Suppiido and Freeze are out now.

*goes with Freeze*

Suppiido's definitely the weakest group IMO.

Wish SD&Taka did faster releases.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 05:17   Link #1223
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh nice, i just love the new piece of music used for Goku's powering up scene. I hope we get to hear more of it next week.
Old 2009-11-16, 17:24   Link #1224
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Well I must say, another great episode. Ginyu might have been able to sense the hidden power that Goku contained but he sure as hell never expected Goku to have a secret technique like the Kaioken up his sleeve. That move sure is useful, it's too bad that the Super Saiyan transformations take over and the Kaioken is never heard from again

Well next episode should be another good one. Is Jeice gonna be killed in the next episode or the one after? My memories a little fuzzy with the events that are coming.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"

Last edited by DeX-kun; 2009-11-17 at 02:16. Reason: Typo
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 18:03   Link #1225
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Well I must say, another great episode. Ginyu might have been able to sense the hidden power that Goku contained but he sure as hell never expected Goku to have a secret technique like the Kaioken up his sleeve. That move sure is useful, it's too bad that the Super Saiyan transformations take over and the Kaioken is never from again

Well next episode should be another good one. Is Jeice gonna be killed in the next episode of the one after? My memories a little fuzzy with the events that are coming.
At the current pace, this will probably happen in episode 34, with 33 ending at Ginyu's special "technique".
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 19:28   Link #1226
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Goku turned the tables once again by using Kaioken, cool.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 00:40   Link #1227
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Hah, I love the part where Vegeta just ditches Goku and goes after the dragon balls himself, laughing all the way.

And if anybody's counting, that's 9 kills now for the under-handed, sneaky sonofabitch.

- Recoome
- Burta
- Guldo
- Zarbon
- Apple
- Dodoria
- Kiwi
- Nappa
- 1x Saibaman

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 01:11   Link #1228
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
Hah, I love the part where Vegeta just ditches Goku and goes after the dragon balls himself, laughing all the way.

And if anybody's counting, that's 9 + kills now for the under-handed, sneaky sonofabitch.

- Recoome
- Burta
- Guldo
- Zarbon
- Apple
- Dodoria
- Kiwi
- Nappa
- 1x Saibaman
- Amount of Namekians and Freezas goons he killed getting the dragonballs
Fixed for accuracy

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 01:32   Link #1229
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Yeah, he cooked up a fair share of Namekians, but (a) the total number was too ambiguous, and (b) they're pretty insignificant characters, as in they weren't even given names. Soooo, I took the liberty of excluding them.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 01:49   Link #1230
Vicious108

I'm gonna be sad when Jeice is added to that list. He's always been my favorite Ginyu Force member.

And yeah, Vegeta leaving Goku to fight off alone was priceless. Vegeta's at his finest on Namek.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 02:15   Link #1231
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
I'm gonna be sad when Jeice is added to that list. He's always been my favorite Ginyu Force member.

And yeah, Vegeta leaving Goku to fight off alone was priceless. Vegeta's at his finest on Namek.
Its not as bad as:

Goku: Ah I'm stuffed! If I have to fight any of you in the tournament please dont punch me in the gut
-5 seconds later-
Vegeta: If I'm facing Kakarot in the tournament the first thing I'm gonna do is punch him in the gut

Old 2009-11-17, 04:38   Link #1232
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Next to Ginyu, Jeice is my favorite. Especially in Kai though, because Ginyu is on top form. I have Konishi Katsuyuki to thank for this.
Old 2009-11-17, 07:52   Link #1233
Mukki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Its not as bad as:

Goku: Ah I'm stuffed! If I have to fight any of you in the tournament please dont punch me in the gut
-5 seconds later-
Vegeta: If I'm facing Kakarot in the tournament the first thing I'm gonna do is punch him in the gut

Is this in the Buu saga? I think that might be one of Funimation's "original" lines if it came from the English dub.
Old 2009-11-17, 07:53   Link #1234
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post

Is this in the Buu saga? I think that might be one of Funimation's "original" lines if it came from the English dub.
Yeah, when Goku came back for the world martial arts tournament

Old 2009-11-17, 08:02   Link #1235
Mukki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Yeah, when Goku came back for the world martial arts tournament
Gotcha. I knew there was a reason I didn't remember that line.
The US dub of Dragon Ball Z is, well, I guess you can say special. Especially when compared to Funimation's other dubs.

Ah well, that's actually a subjective topic, and it did make the localization of numerous anime possible as well.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:23   Link #1236
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Hopefully if Funimation acquires Dragon Ball Kai (and they most likely will), dub fans will completely disregard the terrible dialogue from the Z series. It's bad enough that they use it in debates; and because of the inaccuracy in the script, they are often misinformed on important details in the story. Even Chris Sabat (the voice actor of Piccolo and Vegeta in the Funimation cast) acknowledged that Z's script was absolute garbage.
Old 2009-11-17, 13:50   Link #1237
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Hopefully if Funimation acquires Dragon Ball Kai (and they most likely will), dub fans will completely disregard the terrible dialogue from the Z series. It's bad enough that they use it in debates; and because of the inaccuracy in the script, they are often misinformed on important details in the story. Even Chris Sabat (the voice actor of Piccolo and Vegeta in the Funimation cast) acknowledged that Z's script was absolute garbage.
Hopefully they do fix the dialogue because I don't want Kai to suffer like Z did. I'll actually be excited to hear the English voice actors again (that is if they all decide to return.) Z was the only series where I enjoyed the voice acting, leagues better than everything else that's been dubbed.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 14:17   Link #1238
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Hopefully they do fix the dialogue because I don't want Kai to suffer like Z did. I'll actually be excited to hear the English voice actors again (that is if they all decide to return.) Z was the only series where I enjoyed the voice acting, leagues better than everything else that's been dubbed.
I'm sure Funimation will do a very faithful script this time. They've improved so much since 1999; and besides Dragon Ball Z, all of their other dubs are top notch quality (i.e. Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, etc.). As for the voice actors reprising their roles, maybe this time some of the characters will be re-casted. Now that Funimation has a lot more voice actors at their disposal, there's no excuse for Sabat to play as so many characters again .
Old 2009-11-17, 17:47   Link #1239
Mukki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I'm sure Funimation will do a very faithful script this time. They've improved so much since 1999; and besides Dragon Ball Z, all of their other dubs are top notch quality (i.e. Full Metal Alchemist, Yu Yu Hakusho, One Piece, etc.). As for the voice actors reprising their roles, maybe this time some of the characters will be re-casted. Now that Funimation has a lot more voice actors at their disposal, there's no excuse for Sabat to play as so many characters again .
We can only hope that Kai has a faithful dub. For some reason, Funimation seems to forget everything they know about dubbing anime when it comes to the Dragon Ball franchise. Here's to hoping that doesn't happen again.
Old 2009-11-22, 07:53   Link #1240
Peanutbutter

Spoiler for Ep 33:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote