AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-22, 03:16   Link #41
Gomu-Gomu-No-Luffy
Devil's Fruit

Send a message via MSN to Gomu-Gomu-No-Luffy
Booooooo
down with 4kids!
If they take away those really good scenes,
I'll probably cry myself to sleep every night.
Old 2004-08-22, 20:48   Link #42
gothlink666
lord of the dragon

that made me barf. if that can get a fox box sub(note. all the good action will be gone) that means naruto might get one(suicide issue number 1 if happens)
i rather wish funimation would get it.
Old 2004-08-22, 22:13   Link #43
Kouji
StrykerX

This' becoming more of a "dodge ball" issue. In which 4Kids would get bombarded with hateful words. Wouldn't you guys agree?
Old 2004-08-22, 22:29   Link #44
ragweed
woah woah!

It might not be that bad, *wishful thinking-ish* considering some of the scenes they left in SK (Like that Faust battle) It's just one of those things that makes me so excited and nauseated at the same time....
Old 2004-08-23, 22:52   Link #45
Kouji
StrykerX

True, I just wish that 4Kids had a vote which us fans could alter the outcome of One Piece (excluding the blood and cigarette). Rather than having Sanji chew on the candy cane seen in the trailer. He could just have a twig or small piece of stick. So that it won't look too kiddish etc...
Old 2004-08-24, 07:30   Link #46
fujisawa
Reindeer King

Send a message via AIM to fujisawa
While I'm not worried about one piece at all, this also means i have to take all the kick ass One Piece stickers i have on my car..
Old 2004-08-24, 08:28   Link #47
auriya

I've only read the manga, but still, seeing the anime changed into this...ugh! I feel your pain. I don't mind that Luffy sounds younger, but the voice acting for all the characters seems kind of cheesy.

Blegh. But I guess kids will be able to enjoy it.
Old 2004-08-24, 14:00   Link #48
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
True, I just wish that 4Kids had a vote which us fans could alter the outcome of One Piece (excluding the blood and cigarette). Rather than having Sanji chew on the candy cane seen in the trailer. He could just have a twig or small piece of stick. So that it won't look too kiddish etc...
This is especially amusing since he only smokes to make himself look more grown up. Now that he's chewing on candy all the time, what's the point?
Old 2004-08-24, 14:43   Link #49
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya
I've only read the manga, but still, seeing the anime changed into this...ugh! I feel your pain. I don't mind that Luffy sounds younger, but the voice acting for all the characters seems kind of cheesy.

Blegh. But I guess kids will be able to enjoy it.
It's just better if you read the manga on Shonen Jump. But the other half of it technically wan't meant to be for kids. Speaking of the original/manga wise.

This better not be like MegaMan NT Warrior. Whereas they show a couple of seasons, then they drop the anime altogether. Not to mention that this would put a huge dent on 4Kids ratings of One Piece if that were to happen.
Old 2004-08-24, 21:13   Link #50
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
It's just better if you read the manga on Shonen Jump. But the other half of it technically wan't meant to be for kids. Speaking of the original/manga wise.

This better not be like MegaMan NT Warrior. Whereas they show a couple of seasons, then they drop the anime altogether. Not to mention that this would put a huge dent on 4Kids ratings of One Piece if that were to happen.

Shonen Jump's version isn't that grand.

Merry Go *shudder*
Old 2004-08-24, 23:38   Link #51
Kouji
StrykerX

So what? Would you rather see the 4Kids version or the VIZ manga version. Personally, I'd pick the VIZ version. Though, I'm still gonna watch the one on FOX.
Old 2004-08-25, 08:49   Link #52
Namisan
The Violet Wind

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh(two hours later takes a breath) ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh my.....what the.......what were they.....huh?

Down with those corprate America.....we should go Martha Stuart their.....behinds.....

Their going to edit the ......out of it

How much are you going to bet their going to screw with all the other cool characters VA too-Ace, Smoker, Mihawk(I would like a spanish acent for him but knowing 4kids it going to be more like the cheep version of the Toco Bell dog......)
Old 2004-08-25, 13:48   Link #53
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Mini review of the clip of One Piece

While watching the beginning of it I said to myself, "Hmmm.... These people are overreacting. It doesn't sound that back. I mean, I've heard worse." Then when I heard Luffy's voice I thought to myself, "HOLY FREAKING JESUS CHRIST! WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!?!?" and wish to be smashed by the ceiling rather than hear luffy's immatation of Peter Pan meats Ash mixed in with Urcal from Family Matters. Zorro's voice thankfully wasn't that bad, but pretty good compared to luffy's dub voice which came on my top 10 worst dub voices off the bat.

Then at the end of the clip a voice said, "Do you want to see more One Piece?" Then I asked myself a question:

Do I want my ears to bleed even more?

Hell no! I rather have my testicles chopped off then to hear that freak's voice again.

Thanks 4Kids. You gave me your daily "Middle Finger of the Day". It's way too obvious what the girl's voice is going to sound like. :cough::cough:MistyfromPokemon:cough::cough:

Last edited by OutPhase; 2004-08-25 at 21:50.
Old 2004-08-25, 14:27   Link #54
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
It's way too obvious what the girl's voice is going to sound like. :cough::cough:MistyfromPokemon:cough::cough:
That would actually be perfect for Nami, as long as the VA can switch to an angry tone for her more violent scenes.

I still don't get the problem with Luffy's voice in the commercial. What are you guys listening to when you watch the subs? He sounds like a kid in Japanese, and now he sounds like a kid in English. Match complete.
Old 2004-08-25, 19:36   Link #55
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
and wish to be smashed by the ceiling rather than hear luffy's immatation of Peter Pan meats Ash.
Ha ha, i can hear it now: "Zorro! Use your slash attack!! *zorro slashes* Good job pal! Lets go hang out with Joy at the poke center!! (played by sanji w/ gay french accent) Bonjour, can i get some pirate chow for du? *chews lolli*"

Quote:
I still don't get the problem with Luffy's voice in the commercial. What are you guys listening to when you watch the subs? He sounds like a kid in Japanese, and now he sounds like a kid in English. Match complete.
Not all kids in english sound the same, and they could have done better. but no, they had to use the same ol VAs from all the other shows..... like that sonicx kid*shudder*
Old 2004-08-27, 02:29   Link #56
Faebinder
The Sorcerer King

Send a message via MSN to Faebinder
Luffy's Voice...

Oh My God....

How does it feel to watch your favorite cat or dog put to sleep permanently? That's exactly how I felt when I heard Luffy's voice.

Old 2004-08-27, 04:24   Link #57
Kouji
StrykerX

This' one battle that 4Kids'll never win. With all this constant bashing of the company. Judging from your guys "POV" you seem to giving the axe on them, so to say. But, who could blame you. It's their fault, they've steppped into the fire and now they can't get out of it.

Or they should follow that saying, "if you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen"
Old 2004-08-27, 04:56   Link #58
Aiselin

Send a message via AIM to Aiselin
AHHHH, OMG.... why?! I relly do think that killed the few braincells i have left from playing gb.... -.- I cant keep the boomer angles out my head >.<
Old 2004-08-27, 12:21   Link #59
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
That would actually be perfect for Nami, as long as the VA can switch to an angry tone for her more violent scenes.
Oh shit! She has more than one tone of voice or is there little to know difference between her other voices that you can tell with your mad skillz? (Yes. Skills with a "z".)

Quote:
I still don't get the problem with Luffy's voice in the commercial.
What's the problem?! 0_o

Is thinking Family Matters was on TV but it's just luffy's voice not a problem? I was so prepared for him to say "Wakkawakkado!" or "Did I do that?" and that annoying laugh.

Anyone else expected the same thing to come out of his mouth?

Now about Zorro. For some reason I got a little Wolverine from X-men vibes (I mean is you get rid of Wolveriences scrathy voice or give Zorro the scrathy voice.) . I was waiting for him to end his sentences with "bub".

Sanji no smokes a lollipop. Me and my older sibling made fun of him:

Me: Why does Sanji smoke a lollipop.

Bro: Dear God. I thought he would have a candy cane! Why?! 0_o

Sis: :supposedly immating Sanji: It's hard to quit the sugary smokem!

I love making fun of 4Kids.
Old 2004-08-27, 13:07   Link #60
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Oh shit! She has more than one tone of voice or is there little to know difference between her other voices that you can tell with your mad skillz? (Yes. Skills with a "z".)
I'll try to respond to the question, although the wording is such that I'm making a rough guess as to the poster's intent.

If it was an honest question, then I'll simply answer yes, both characters have multiple tones of voice and I can tell the difference.

If the intent was sarcasm, then I don't see what the object of ridicule was supposed to be. Was it making fun of my ability to distiguish tones of voice? I thought anyone could do that. Maybe it was making fun of Misty's (AKA Kasumi) English VA, in which case I have to admit some ignorance. I haven't watch but a small percentage of the run of Pokemon episodes, and I've never seen one where Misty gets as emotional (either angry or sad) as Nami does in One Piece. While her normal tone of voice would work perfectly for Nami when she's just being herself, I'm unsure if the VA could realistically portray Nami when she goes off the deep end, specifically in the Arlong Park storyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouji
This' one battle that 4Kids'll never win. With all this constant bashing of the company.
This is one statement I can completely agree with. With everyone so set to hate the product, there's no way 4kids can gain acceptance for the dub.
Closed Thread