AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-19, 08:39   Link #4041
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post

Anyway, I reread the arc since he began to ch 113 in one shot and I must say is much more enjoyable if you read it in one go.
Where to say I was surprised by the Omake of ch 113 in the raw I saw that part was missing ,about of Kumagawa CS.
I really enjoy that part
The Omake is from the end of volume 11/Jump Next, it just happened to be released with Ch 113 :P
But I agree, it was awesome♥
Old 2011-09-19, 09:06   Link #4042
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Medaka Box has being doing better in the rankings since Zen has been a no show and Kumagawa became the main . No wonder why the author has kept Zen out of the story this long.
Or maybe it's tanks to Ajimu instead

I hope Zen will be back in the next chapter 115. But I don't really like the way he's portrayed lately.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 10:11   Link #4043
ZODDGUTS

Or maybe it's both considering their quite popular they are. Either way the rankings are quite good for this series now. The Shonen Jump mag readers are certainly not missing Zen.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 11:29   Link #4044
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Those readers is blinded by Kumagawa-- I guess

Finally--- a translated released.

Akune is failed. Kikaijima is far from expectation as well as Kumagawa.
All Non-Equal kids already used as solving device before.

The only remaining person is Zenkichi.
I really wished he come in a manly walk, saying, "Leave it to me !"

It'll be really boring if Medaka said something like,
"The real prize is your own teamwork to value others."
Like they said in most of old anime

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 13:28   Link #4045
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Or maybe it's both considering their quite popular they are. Either way the rankings are quite good for this series now. The Shonen Jump mag readers are certainly not missing Zen.
While it is true that the hatred towards Zen is increased, is also true that Zen continues to have many fans, in fact if you look on various forums you found vary topics regarding theories where Zen it is now or when he comes back or just say that they missing Zen .
So I do not think you can say this with absolute certainty.

In any case, after re-reading the arc I am sure we will see him again in this week's chapter namely 115

But then again I'm curious as hell what is the treasure medaka keep talking about.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 13:51   Link #4046
zeando
maybenotimome

^what if....
Spoiler for the treasure is...:
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 14:35   Link #4047
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
^what if....
Spoiler for the treasure is...:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2011-09-19, 15:09   Link #4048
Shadow5YA

Yeah, a lot of them were after the "extra prize" they made for themselves more than whatever Medaka was planning to give them.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 15:30   Link #4049
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Well not everyone is gonna get the extra prize, the extra prize is meant for whoever finds the treasure. I think she just meant that everyone would be able to enjoy the treasure (whatever that is).
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 07:48   Link #4050
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
How could anyone curbstomp you for enjoying the manga? It's not the Zen-specific fanboyism that is disliked, it's the whining and completely unrealistic expectations. Wanting everybody else to fail and then for Zenkichi to suddenly show up, declare himself to be against Medaka, and then somehow defeat her like nobody else can is not cheering for a character, it's a complete distortion and inability to grasp the nature of any of this manga's characters.
Yep well said, I really don't mind Zen (but if he never appeared again I wouldn't miss him either) and I can see where his fanbase is coming from in wanting him to appear more. What annoys me the most though is how they want him to appear so bad they "dream" up ways for it to happen that would ruin not only his character but others in the manga.

Quote:
Also seriously, a lot of this "force Medaka to be more honest" and "see how she reacts when Zen leaves her" reads to me like underlying misogyny for a strong female character. Medaka is capable, self-assured, and self-reliant, and it seems like a lot of people want to see that break that down just so Medaka becomes emotionally subordinate to Zen a male character. The vision some of these Zen fanboys have for Medaka Box as a complete manga can be somewhat disgusting to be quite honest.
They must be fans of what happened to Samus in that last Metriod game... *whistles* "Man this game is awesome! I love how they ruined the character of Samus that we have known for the last 20 years! She aint no strong self reliant character no more! She has to be told when she can use her weapons lolol".

Quote:
If the author would paid attention to things like that Medaka herself would be taken out of the story from chapter 50 onwards :
Why would he remove his most popular and main character from a manga that was struggling? A reminder.

1st - Medaka with 832 votes
2nd - Zenkichi with 554 votes

Medaka in addition to being the main character (it's her on the cover of Jump showing all the leads of JUMP, not Zen) is also the most popular female. Zen otoh has been jumped by not only Kumagawa but also Munakata and Akune.

1st Poll

Zen - 554
Munakata - 323
Kumagawa - 185
Akune - 87

2nd Poll

Kumagawa - 3854 (An increase of 3669 votes)
Munakata - 807 (An increase of 484 votes)
Akune - 802 (An increase of 715 votes)
Zen - 572 (An increase of 18 votes)

Munakata is proof that Zen's recent non focus should have no bearing on his popularity.. because Munakata has been a non factor for a long time and his popularity has exceeded Zen's and more than doubled.

The first character poll published in chapter 70 had 4807 votes, the second one published 45 chapters later has 14,154 votes. And the male leads votes increased by 18 from the additional 9,347 votes... that must be unheard of it in the history of character polls for Jump. Medaka went up by only 160 but she was the previous winner and was high already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Or maybe it's tanks to Ajimu instead
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Really? I could've sworn that it started to climb out of the toilet, when Ajimu was actually brought into the story and not just some dream babe...
It started to sell really well after Kumagawa's arc got going, also the character poll speaks for itself.

1st= Kumagawa w/ 3854
10th = Ajimu w/ 375

He's 10x as popular as Ajimu.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 08:08   Link #4051
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why would he remove his most popular and main character from a manga that was struggling? A reminder.

1st - Medaka with 832 votes
2nd - Zenkichi with 554 votes

Medaka in addition to being the main character (it's her on the cover of Jump showing all the leads of JUMP, not Zen) is also the most popular female. Zen otoh has been jumped by not only Kumagawa but also Munakata and Akune.

1st Poll

Zen - 554
Munakata - 323
Kumagawa - 185
Akune - 87

2nd Poll

Kumagawa - 3854 (An increase of 3669 votes)
Munakata - 807 (An increase of 484 votes)
Akune - 802 (An increase of 715 votes)
Zen - 572 (An increase of 18 votes)

Munakata is proof that Zen's recent non focus should have no bearing on his popularity.. because Munakata has been a non factor for a long time and his popularity has exceeded Zen's and more than doubled.
Your are a point here.
I make a wrong example ... what I meant was, if the author were to give heed to everything that the fans say or in these pool he would have to change the Medaka personality for a long time, since that many were complaining of how her character is/was (myself included).
About Zen, I think that people are only stove that is always the same and never change.
After all, people love to see the development of the characters they loves .. like what happened in this arc with Akune and Kumagawa.
Old 2011-09-21, 05:34   Link #4052
zeando
maybenotimome

Spoiler for ToC 42:

wow medaka is getting an other colored page in n°43 ch116
not even 3 numers from the colored of the character poll
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 05:49   Link #4053
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
[SPOILER="ToC 42"]
wow medaka is getting an other colored page in n°43 ch116
not even 3 numers from the colored of the character poll
Wow ... I wonder what will be the colored page.
That is , which characters / character will be designed on .
Old 2011-09-21, 09:56   Link #4054
Westlo
Lets be reality

Could be the anime announcement or Jump are rewarding it for the good rankings thanks to Naked Apron-san and friends.

Quote:
Wow ... I wonder what will be the colored page.
That is , which characters / character will be designed on .
The character(s) will start with M
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 12:46   Link #4055
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Could be the anime announcement or Jump are rewarding it for the good rankings thanks to Naked Apron-san and friends.

The character(s) will start with M
Another single page of Misogi? のヮの lol jk (maybe)

Anyways, I'm excited for another color so quickly! XD It still seems kinda early for an anime announcement, but I won't mind if it is XD either way, hooray!!♥
Old 2011-09-22, 00:34   Link #4056
Kunagisa

Hahahhaha

Spoiler for 115:

As a devoted Zen fan, I think this is hilariously awesome. I can't wait to read this chapter now if the spoilers are true.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 05:43   Link #4057
Last Carpet

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Hahahhaha

Spoiler for 115:

As a devoted Zen fan, I think this is hilariously awesome. I can't wait to read this chapter now if the spoilers are true.
I see what looks like Maguro's shoe and the dagger stuck in Naze's head. Maguro will probably re-iterate what he said to him in the past. That he'll never be good enough to stand by Medaka's side.

Naze offered him a syringe with some kind of chemical in it. And Medaka punched him, knocking it out of his hand.

OK, I want to be mad at him for not giving up and leaving when he realized he couldn't solve it. But all I feel is proud because he didn't use Parasite Seeing to get to the clock tower. That even if he failed he stuck to his own ability, instead of using Ajimu's power for a shortcut.

Medaka's probably pissed that he couldn't get there. For someone who claims to be "the person who knows him the best", she probably didn't see this coming. It really wasn't fair to everyone, because he wasn't smart enough to solve the riddle, and too stubborn to join a group so he could try and solve it on his own.

I guess she doesn't know him as well as she likes to think she does.

I hope this this is a stone in the path to bettering her relationship with him.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 07:09   Link #4058
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I see what looks like Maguro's shoe and the dagger stuck in Naze's head. Maguro will probably re-iterate what he said to him in the past. That he'll never be good enough to stand by Medaka's side.

Naze offered him a syringe with some kind of chemical in it. And Medaka punched him, knocking it out of his hand.

OK, I want to be mad at him for not giving up and leaving when he realized he couldn't solve it. But all I feel is proud because he didn't use Parasite Seeing to get to the clock tower. That even if he failed he stuck to his own ability, instead of using Ajimu's power for a shortcut.

Medaka's probably pissed that he couldn't get there. For someone who claims to be "the person who knows him the best", she probably didn't see this coming. It really wasn't fair to everyone, because he wasn't smart enough to solve the riddle, and too stubborn to join a group so he could try and solve it on his own.

I guess she doesn't know him as well as she likes to think she does.

I hope this this is a stone in the path to bettering her relationship with him.
I agree pretty much with everything you said.
But on one thing Im certain, that these spoilers will be almost certainly the beginning of a Zen arc centric.
And maybe if we're lucky we'll have some response about Zen and maybe about what happened during the middle School .because I have the impression that if it's a Zen centric arc you will also tie to Najimi.
Or at least I have this hunch.
Old 2011-09-22, 07:47   Link #4059
iRENDU

Mmm, I have 1 question - why the fuck there are 2 armbands on Medaka's hand? At first I thought that it belongs to Zen, but his armband is on it's right place.
iRENDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 07:58   Link #4060
Soji

^You're right Medaka has two armband and Zen still have his.
I wonder what it means

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council