AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2012-05-08, 09:26   Link #1361
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Nah. I don't feel they have any obligation to continue either. I'd have been fine with the truce as the other kings planned. (Except there wouldn't be a story then...) It's just, it's too late to say "it's unfair" when they're being attacked.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2012-05-08 at 10:01.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:42   Link #1362
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Yes. They should have seen that one coming. They are rivals. For them to declare a truce seems unnatural. If anything, one of those kings who agreed to the truce might be bidding his time to become Level 10 for gathering info and waiting for the right time to ambush.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:46   Link #1363
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Nah. I don't feel they have any obligation to continue either. I'd have been fine with the truth as the other kings planned. (Except there wouldn't be a story then...) It's just, it's too late to say "it's unfair" when they're being attacked.
They didn't know the rules to get to level 10 until they reached level 9. Probably nobody expected that they had to sacrifice 5 fellow kings.
I can't really fault anyone who doesn't want to risk all of their precious points just to meet the creator of the game.

Also, did I misunderstand or did KYH say that it's impossible to refuse a duel? So why didn't she just challenge the other kings to a fair duel instead of backstabbing the Red king?
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:54   Link #1364
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Also, did I misunderstand or did KYH say that it's impossible to refuse a duel? So why didn't she just challenge the other kings to a fair duel instead of backstabbing the Red king?
Yes, it is really impossible to refuse a duel. You can challenge others before that happens but you can never refuse. As to why Taku was able to refuse, maybe because of the backdoor program. Not sure. Maybe she wanted to take out the most troublesome player or just on impulse.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 09:54   Link #1365
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I still don't quite get the justification behind KYH's rebellion and Haru's reason for helping her. What's so bad about a truce really? If it's a game, why can't other players choose how to play it how they want? If other players wants a truce who's she for denying that? Unless of course the "game" part was all a farce and this is indeed srs bznz.
So you shouldn't stop others from playing how they want, if they want a truce. But if they don't want a truce, then you shouldn't let them play how they want? You can't use the "let them play how they want" to agree with one decision and then denounce that same decision for another player just because they want to play another way.

Quote:
I'm not sure if you need to be physically near the person or not (that seems to be the case, but it may be a network issue). Also, I haven't seen anything that prevents others from interrupting a duel. So it'd probably be possible for the other kings to show up and intervene against the traitor.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:26   Link #1366
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So you shouldn't stop others from playing how they want, if they want a truce. But if they don't want a truce, then you shouldn't let them play how they want? You can't use the "let them play how they want" to agree with one decision and then denounce that same decision for another player just because they want to play another way.
Somebody just used a Sophistry against me! Curse the fates!

I'm now curious about how you feel about the situation regarding KYH and the other Kings. Do you think there is a "right" or "wrong" in there?
Old 2012-05-08, 10:26   Link #1367
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

True...KYH didn't respect their wishes...but then again they didn't either. They had no problem taking out players along the way to level 9 but the moment they learn that it gets risky then they just give up? Ok, that's not how the game is played but they can just stay level 9 as they wish...HOWEVER they also didn't respect KYH's wishes to reach level 10, it just so happens that their wishes are the complete opposite.

If you call KYH selfish...then the other kings are just as selfish as she was.

With that said...I agree that what she did was a dirty play, I'll never deny that backstabbing is wrong, but wanting to keep fighting isn't.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:39   Link #1368
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

I agree with her assessment though. In order to reach level 9, these Kings have defeated countless players, and how many of those did they force to lose BB? But suddenly, when its their own butts on the line, they chicken out and form a truce? Sure some of them are friends, but it's not like they were best friends or anything. Besides there were always other Kings to go for Its cowardly to be willing to risk the BB's of other players while not risking their own, and not to mention hypocritical. I think what sums up the situation best is Lelouch's saying, "Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot." Since the kings have taken the BB program from others, they should be prepared to lose their own. As for whether KYH's reaction was appropriate, well I won't make a judgement on that.

Last edited by Rennir; 2012-05-08 at 16:15.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 10:56   Link #1369
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
I think what sums up the situation best is Lelouch's saying, "Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot."
Huh, actually I might be alright with this. Yes, does makes sense of why KYH wanting to rebel now.
Old 2012-05-08, 10:58   Link #1370
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
"Those who are allowed to shoot are those who are prepared to be shot."
This...so much...
Epic quote is epic
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 15:23   Link #1371
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
The way I see it KYH doesn't represent antagonism or evil so much as chaos and freedom, while the other Kings seem to represent Law, but not necessarily for the betterment of anyone but themselves. KYH seems to be of the opinion that the Accelerated World should be a free and an open game, while the other kings from the sounds of it feel that as the top level players they should have the power to rule it and call the shots in their respective territories.

From the way that Taku spoke to the members of the Blue Legion it seems like their guild rules are very rigid and there's little room for negotiation if you break one. KYH on the other hand seems very easy going and flexible, doesn't look down on others, and even went so far as to apologize to Taku for not giving him his duel the first time around and welcomed him into her group so yeah...not really seeing her as the bad guy of Accel World so far so much as someone who refuses to accept the rest of the kings self-imposed status quo.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 16:14   Link #1372
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
They didn't know the rules to get to level 10 until they reached level 9. Probably nobody expected that they had to sacrifice 5 fellow kings.
Doesn't matter. They sacrificed plenty of other people.

Quote:
I can't really fault anyone who doesn't want to risk all of their precious points just to meet the creator of the game.
Neither do I. But I don't blame KYH for considering them expendable either.

Quote:
She panicked.

Besides, getting to the kings isn't that easy. They all have territories. If she tried to get close, normally, she'd be swamped by duel requests from their bodyguards.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 16:17   Link #1373
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i can actually see kuroyuki´s problem, it happened to me in some mmo that when you get to certain level people become so methodical about doing things, that even if that prevents people from pking or losing exp for dying, it kills a lot of fun and purpose to the game, and she has her motive of wanting to know the pupose of the game, so i can agree with her going all leeroy jenkins.
Old 2012-05-08, 16:46   Link #1374
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
So, the author is either teasing us, or her name would hint something he doesn't want us to know yet...and it wouldn't be surprising if:

Spoiler for speculation:
Actually, Kawahara himself confirmed that AW and SAO are set in alternative universes.

Anyway, episode 5 was an enjoyable albeit clichéd to the maximum watch. I loved the sight of KYH in Silver Crow's arms.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-08, 17:06   Link #1375
tsunade666

Actually seeing the creator of the game feels like the same as the ending of the game. Remember greed island of HxH? and when you played a game you want to see it's ending and just playing around and not enter the final dungeon even though you can already access it is a waste of time. The game is nearing it's end with the required players assembled but they refuse to end. And I can also understand that because the ability given by AW is pretty tempting.
Old 2012-05-08, 21:58   Link #1376
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Actually, Kawahara himself confirmed that AW and SAO are set in alternative universes.

Anyway, episode 5 was an enjoyable albeit clichéd to the maximum watch. I loved the sight of KYH in Silver Crow's arms.
I heard the author stated it could be prequal, sequal or parallel, and he hasn't made the decision.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 02:29   Link #1377
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I heard the author stated it could be prequal, sequal or parallel, and he hasn't made the decision.
Hm, perhaps. I'm only stating what I heard myself. The person I heard it from is a credible poster here who posted saying that the author said that the two stories are unrelated in the volume 10 author's comments section.

Last edited by Ray; 2012-05-09 at 11:05. Reason: brainfart.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 03:25   Link #1378
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrah View Post
hm, perhaps. I'm only stating what i heard myself. The person i heard it from is a credible poster here who posted saying that the author said that the two stories are unrelated in the volume 11 author's comments section.
Old 2012-05-09, 04:39   Link #1379
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post

Quote:
Hm, perhaps. I'm only stating what I heard myself. The person I heard it from is a credible poster here who posted saying that the author said that the two stories are unrelated in the volume 11 author's comments section.

Some authors like to play with the readers, so it wouldn't surprise me if he did

Also, the manga has a couple of references to SAO, like showing the VR helmet to explaing how the technology improved along the years, and using Kirito hugging Asuna as an example in "how time seems to slow down for lovers"

But it's the manga version...so yeah, not a truly reliable source
Old 2012-05-09, 10:14   Link #1380
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
I agree with her assessment though. In order to reach level 9, these Kings have defeated countless players, and how many of those did they force to lose BB?
That's not necessarily true. When you beat an opponent of the same level you get 10 points, not all of their points.
As long as one doesn't target players with 10 points or less, nobody is kicked out of the game.
So far we haven't seen those kings playing dirty, although I don't doubt that the Yellow king probably did. With the information currently given in the show, I see Black Lotus as more of a villain than the other kings.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen