AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-02-02, 09:02   Link #20561
Eratas123

It's similar to that Ichika even lugs around the unresponsive Kazuma and talks to him like Zack does to Cloud even though they don't reply. This makes his first show of emotion (crying) all the more poignant. How would a kid react to constantly being around something they're scared of?

No guns or ranged weaponry? That's kinda odd. What happened to the Sestura cannon or the claw?

What do you mean by theory? If the IS cracked, wouldn't the bracelet?
Old 2012-02-02, 09:11   Link #20562
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean Setsura still intact (and Ichika being Ichika, it has more function than canon implies ).

I wonder about that really, in sleeping form, I.S. nonexistent amount of energy, and if it's damaged, the the damage will rapidly repaired that way. Therefore, being very small, at sleeping form the damage will be recovered very quickly (and considering the small size of them, it's hard to notice anything less than total breakage, such as hairpin or the bracelet snap).

Despite this, it's implied that it'll took a lot of time to repair the entire I.S. in that form. So, it goes both way, I doubt having a bracelet snapping is convenient, so the first priority is repairing it's outer appearance.
Old 2012-02-02, 09:16   Link #20563
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Is it possible for an IS to break completely? I planned for Kazuma to lug around a damaged version of Ichika's gauntlet with him.

Did you find some way so he can fire it without getting blown across the room?

No response to the first question?
Old 2012-02-02, 09:28   Link #20564
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You mean Kazuma being near I.S. pilots? what about Ichika himself?

I.S. is able to break completely, just as the same case of golem. I don't know in case of personal I.S. though, because the parts disappear when heavily damaged/destroyed like Ichika in gospel battle.

Following Configuration of Setsura as ranged weapon

> Shockwave cannon (only stunning in the air, powerful when used underwater)
> Variable output beam cannon (rapid fire or high power)
> Heavy Blast composite cannon (Practically Ignition boost as weapon)

The first and second is mainly recoiless thanks to PIC, but the later is able to kick enemy like a mullet, and himself to a lesser extent (should be fired when he's stand still, and still pushed backward).
Old 2012-02-02, 09:35   Link #20565
Eratas123

He makes an exception for Ichika considering what he did for him. Also, he's more scared of the IS and the organizations than the pilots. He only flipped when he saw Tatenashi's uniform, which signifies that she's part of ISA (very bad thing for him). So how? Constantly shivering or something? He's a kid, so he's more scared than angry.

Disappear? The parts disappear after they get damaged?

How many shifts will Ichika be going through before he's finished?
Old 2012-02-02, 09:43   Link #20566
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The afraid reaction? Kazuma will be silent and quickly hides behind Ichika, shivering and mumbliong something. If someone he afraid off tried to touch him, he'll aggressively slap and run (or just run)

They turned again into sleeping form.

also, Finished? define that, please.
Old 2012-02-02, 09:53   Link #20567
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Hmm, I guess that works. He doesn't seem to mind that the other kid's are pilots as well. He hangs around with Shouta and Usami (Tabane's kid) after all. Would his very similar appearance to Ichika strike any of the Cast as odd? Most of the characters have mixes of their parents features, but he looks like a longer haired Ichika down to the nearly the same exact face.

So you can have a character missing one of their gauntlets or boots and still fighting?

Finished as in he has no more shifts to go through. You said he has a final sword before he stops upgrading.
Old 2012-02-02, 10:01   Link #20568
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

First: The first thing they wonder is WHO are Kazuma's mother, this is a fic about time travel harem comedy after all...

Second: By theory yes, but of course, missing a gauntlet might also means missing an arm, which means the entire unit will disappear once Absolute defense kicks.

Ichika is explained as cheating by having Byakushiki still operating while missing his back armor and one booster, Josh' unit is unable to covnert itself into data.

Third: By theory, he should be able to reach Third Shift (a level previously unattainable), but the story only covers the Second shift and him getting all the seven sword in V7, at which he's badass enough to fight seven mooks and stay unharmed.
Old 2012-02-02, 10:10   Link #20569
Eratas123

They do get suspicious of this fact. When they all meet up, the first thing they do is ask who each kid's mother is and to go to them. All of them do eventually do it.....except him. He jet says that he doesn't remember anything (He's lying) and the cat assumes that maybe his mother isn't here yet. The excuse loses ground the longer time goes on.

Can the other heroines do this as well? Laura seems like she could do it. Charles as well with his rapid switch.

Make sure Byaku Shiki changes significantly with every shift
Old 2012-02-02, 10:15   Link #20570
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Laura also cheat by VT system, but then again she STILL lose her consciousness all the time.

In case of Rapid Switch, it's because of inherent talent that allows the user to rapidly dematerialize & materialize the equalizer quickly than most people do, it still won't allow the pilot to stay conscious.

Side note - lawlz no, Third Shift ByakuShiki would own anything.
Old 2012-02-02, 10:22   Link #20571
Eratas123

Do you think everybody rooming with their respective mothers would work? The only exception is Kazuma since he doesn't have one (stays with Ichika) and Usami, since her mother's.....wherever the he'll she is (Probably stays with her "Godmother" Chifuyu)

How does she keep all those equalizers in her without getting sighed down?

I said change, not turn into a gamebreaker
Old 2012-02-02, 10:27   Link #20572
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It would work... but rule of funny dictates that would be hectic anyway.

You mean weighed down? They're stored in form of data most of the time. Remember that she has no mounted weapon like other heroines, all weapons are hand-held.

Side note - nah, it would be strange IF the shift is not followed by increase of stat. besides, my creativity is highly limited.

Going to sleep.
Old 2012-02-02, 10:30   Link #20573
Eratas123

What do you mean hectic anyway?

Then why can't every IS do it?

Going to sleep as well.
Old 2012-02-02, 12:27   Link #20574
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Laura also cheat by VT system, but then again she STILL lose her consciousness all the time.

In case of Rapid Switch, it's because of inherent talent that allows the user to rapidly dematerialize & materialize the equalizer quickly than most people do, it still won't allow the pilot to stay conscious.

Side note - lawlz no, Third Shift ByakuShiki would own anything. :heh:
Assuming Ichika gets the job done, seeing as third shift would sap power EVEN faster than Second shift.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 19:46   Link #20575
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
What do you mean hectic anyway?
As you said, not everyone accept them easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Then why can't every IS do it?
Because of capacity difference duh! Why do you think Raphael has 10 slot while most I.S. only has 4 or 6?

Besides, as Cecilia can attest, some people has a problem summoning stored weapon. (she took longer than Ichika believe or not) So mounted weapon are more practical, with downsides that our enemy can guess what kind of weapon and how to counter them. The point of rapid switch itself is this: adaptability by switching equipment rapidly.
Old 2012-02-02, 19:51   Link #20576
Eratas123

@ Senpai - How many of the haremettes have roommates?

Didn't you say they turn into data? That should take care of the capacity problems.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:22   Link #20577
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

it seems like all of them have one.

The DATA capacity is really dependent of the machine complexity. Raphael at base form is really simple, and due to modular frames, many of the parts can be stripped / replaced. Remember the weapon s aren't referred in mass or volume, but in Bus slot.

The point of Weapon Archive System in my fanon is data compression, that is, more data chugged into one bus slot.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:34   Link #20578
Eratas123

@ All of them? Anyway, Laura's and Charlotte's will be the most cramped

Is it ever explained just how exactly they summon their weapons? I can't tell if it's them disappearing, being pulled from data or what.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:38   Link #20579
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It was explained as the weapon disappear into energy, the data required to construct the weapon will be stored in the core and repaired/upgraded.
Old 2012-02-02, 20:44   Link #20580
Eratas123

@ Senpai - New fanfic spotted: It's apparently a fanfic where Ichika and the others go to the future Oddly enough, it mentions Ichika having a mom.

Side note - This is giving me a headache Doesn't this mean Revive's one of the best, not the worst?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest