AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-04, 02:56   Link #1
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Company of Heroes 2

Quote:
- 2013 release

- Main campaign is Eastern front, playing as Russians

- Lots of snow. Snow slows down troops and tanks, but can also form cover.

- Units can vault over cover such as low walls.
scan

http://imgur.com/a/67xoi

Last edited by RRW; 2012-05-07 at 11:53.
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 03:10   Link #2
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Holy ****.......

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 03:24   Link #3
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
- Main campaign is Eastern front, playing as Russians
*happy dance*

Oh God please raise the pop cap!
Old 2012-05-04, 05:11   Link #4
EagleBlue

Yay, Russians. Human wave tactics and saying 'Quantity is a quality on it own.'
EagleBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 08:13   Link #5
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Wooooo I love CoH, playing it with my buddies was awesome, big boy tanks and awesome maps.
I know this song is for red alert, but whenever I think of War I think this :P, can't wait to see some gameplay of this.
Old 2012-05-04, 13:27   Link #6
freshoutofthepan

HOOOOLY CRAAAAP. I'm wishing they'll have a PTRS-41 squad to snipe those mortar halftracks, lol. Wonder if they'll make a Japan faction.
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 13:43   Link #7
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshoutofthepan View Post
HOOOOLY CRAAAAP. I'm wishing they'll have a PTRS-41 squad to snipe those mortar halftracks, lol. Wonder if they'll make a Japan faction.
That's something that I will really looking forward to!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:26   Link #8
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Only if the gunner is a woman named Pavlichenko- *SHOT*

But this is GREAT NEWS indeed. Been looking forward to more CoH for a while now, and to see them take the battle to the Eastern Front makes it even more delicious.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 19:43   Link #9
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

So what would happen to this Mod now ?

Quote:
Wonder if they'll make a Japan faction.
That will be for a future expansion or a new game which focus on the Pacific side of things.

Anyway, I believe Relic should had been more ambitious and jumped straight to the Pacific Theater. Lush green vegetation is more interesting than plain white snow with the option to include a camouflage system. With the Japanese, we can also expect Bayonet and Sword attacks; those are plainly missing from the first CoH.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 05:29   Link #10
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Is the United States going to be a faction in this game? If they aren't, it'd be rather hard to include the Japanese.

A marine unit in the pacific would also be outfitted differently than a US army unit fighting in Europe, which even if America was included, would mean having to make different sets of gear/uniforms for the tropical guys.

I get a feeling they'll focusing on the European theater.

edit: There's also the fact that there's probably a bigger market of Russian players wanting to play Russians, than there are Japanese players who want to revisit WW2.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 09:52   Link #11
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Later stages of the Pacific War isn't exactly exciting to play as the japanese, considering they're constantly on the defensive with no hope of victory (see Saipan, Iwo Jima, Okinawa), while in Europe the Germans still manage to score limited victories here and there (Market Garden in the West, Narva in the East) and mount some offensive (the Bulge).

The japanese could technically be included as part of Soviet advance into Manchuria, but at that point the fabled Kwantung Army were paper-mache tiger and the curbstomp happened so fast you could hardly call it a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Only if the gunner is a woman named Pavlichenko
You mean this person?
Old 2012-05-06, 09:57   Link #12
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Is the United States going to be a faction in this game? If they aren't, it'd be rather hard to include the Japanese.

A marine unit in the pacific would also be outfitted differently than a US army unit fighting in Europe, which even if America was included, would mean having to make different sets of gear/uniforms for the tropical guys.

I get a feeling they'll focusing on the European theater.

edit: There's also the fact that there's probably a bigger market of Russian players wanting to play Russians, than there are Japanese players who want to revisit WW2.
Very little information is out about the game so far, so will have to wait and see. Japan being involved I really doubt it, America being involved pretty likely.
Old 2012-05-06, 10:00   Link #13
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Company of Heroes are really my style of games, after throughly enjoyed myself with Blitz series....

... but somehow i haven't played COH 1 yet, probably was in exam time or something and completely forgot about it. May as well play it sometime between now and next year just in time of COH 2
Old 2012-05-06, 10:09   Link #14
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Only if the gunner is a woman named Pavlichenko- *SHOT*
Russian Snipers didn't actually use Antimaterial rifles. I remember that one famous Russian sniper experimented with it for longer range shots, but found that the 14.5mm rounds the Russians were using just didn't have enough consistency between powder charges in the guns to be reliable sniper rounds.

PTRS-41's generally fell out of favor later into the war, as pretty much all the mid-late war tanks were impervious to anti tank rounds. I think they solely used them against enemy half tracks and the like. Dealing with German tanks by that point was a matter of anti tank guns, or bringing in their own tanks.
Old 2012-05-06, 10:51   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Holy ****.......

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!
Holy crap YES!
Old 2012-05-07, 04:07   Link #16
freshoutofthepan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Russian Snipers didn't actually use Antimaterial rifles. I remember that one famous Russian sniper experimented with it for longer range shots, but found that the 14.5mm rounds the Russians were using just didn't have enough consistency between powder charges in the guns to be reliable sniper rounds.
Ah man, that's too bad... The effective range of the PTRD is 3000m on personnel targets according to wiki, with a max range of 10,000m. It'd be awesome to get a kill at 3 kilos away.
freshoutofthepan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-07, 14:22   Link #17
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

First clear screenshot:

Spoiler for Size:

It's... beautiful

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2012-05-07, 19:14   Link #18
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

My PC's not ready for this
Old 2012-05-08, 02:05   Link #19
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Company Of Heroes 2 Site is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by COH2
Company of Heroes 2 takes the fight to the snow-filled fields of the Eastern Front as players command the Soviet Red Army during the World’s darkest hour. It is the year 1941, and the forces of Germany have just begun Operation Barbarossa, as they push East to conquer Russia in what would become the costliest conflict of the war. It is up to you, commander of the Russian Red Army, to push back the Nazi invaders and free Mother Russia!

Company of Heroes 2 raises the bar of the standard in PC Real Time Strategy. Powered by the new Essence 3.0 Engine, Company of Heroes 2 features incredible graphic fidelity and cutting-edge technology. With the unprecedented new TrueSight™ system, fog of war is no longer a guessing game as unit visibility on the battlefield relies on true and proper line of sight.

The tactical and dynamic combat system that strategy gamers know and love from the original Company of Heroes returns, and now it’s bigger and better than ever. With the new Commander Abilities found in Company of Heroes 2, players will develop and utilize their abilities in intense new tactical warfare situations. Players will get to experience the up-close moment-to-moment brutality of the war on the Eastern Front through new Dynamic Battle Tactics.

One of the most intense and competitive online experiences returns with Company of Heroes 2 multiplayer! The vicious online combat that thousands of gamers enjoy every day with the original Company of Heroes is bigger than ever featuring competitive and co-operative modes that deliver the intense experiences that fans have come to expect.
Coop... in my COH? TAKE MY MONIES PLEASE (as if they didn't already have it).

Old 2012-05-08, 06:52   Link #20
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Coop would be much appreciated as long as it was implemented better than it was in Red Alert 3. I was immediately turned off to it there when I started a single player mission...and I realized that my most powerful unit was under the sub par command of AI since I was playing offline, rather than just letting me control it.

But Relic doesn't suckass, so this shouldn't be a problem =P

Line of sight does sound interesting. I suppose we're not going to have spotting enemy units through buildings or terrain anymore. It's a shame how in some RTS the terrain shape doesn't factor into tactical considerations so this should be quite interesting!

I'll admit I was kinda looking forward to Dawn of War 3, so was a bit surprised when this came out on the pipe. But I love both those series, so what the hey?