AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-07-29, 18:55   Link #21
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harogenki
green tea ice cream
Ooo, me too, but It was a japanese restraunt! ^_____^

I am just kind of disgusted by the idea of putting meat in ice cream...I mean wouldn't it make you sick!? It is like a wackier version of Ben and Jerrys!
gravitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 18:59   Link #22
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

I eat roughly 2 gallons of green tea icecream. I like it. a lot.

I couldn't find Bohemian Buttchick flavor in the list ...
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-29, 19:30   Link #23
Harogenki
Victim of Zeta Reticulins

Send a message via AIM to Harogenki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
I eat roughly 2 gallons of green tea icecream. I like it. a lot.

I couldn't find Bohemian Buttchick flavor in the list ...
That is because if you consume human flesh and are a human then you develope a disease which is similar to mad cow disease which effects you about thirty years later and makes you go into a fatal seizure and die. Certain sodas contain a chemical in the artificial flavor that helps stop the spread of this human mad cow disease, by the way none of this is a lie. If you do not believe me look up more info on cannibalism .
Harogenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 04:11   Link #24
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

I! Scream! For! Icecream!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!

^^;; i love icecream. my all-time favorite(so far) is redbean+coffee blend *drools*

did you know:
JULY 17 IS WORLD ICE CREAM DAY
and vegetable icecream at Green Bell in Asakusa ^__^
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 09:22   Link #25
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneesama
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! !!

^^;; i love icecream. my all-time favorite(so far) is redbean+coffee blend *drools*

did you know:
JULY 17 IS WORLD ICE CREAM DAY
and vegetable icecream at Green Bell in Asakusa ^__^
World icecream day? I've heard of world pie day, but never icecream day. Which reminds me if you ever get a chance to eat apple pie ice cream its awesome, also if you get chocolate coated fortune cookie crunch ice cream thats good too. Plus the bottom of the container has a fortune, mine said "You must love icecream." -_-'
Old 2004-07-30, 13:16   Link #26
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
World icecream day? I've heard of world pie day, but never icecream day. Which reminds me if you ever get a chance to eat apple pie ice cream its awesome, also if you get chocolate coated fortune cookie crunch ice cream thats good too. Plus the bottom of the container has a fortune, mine said "You must love icecream." -_-'
Now apple pie ice cream sounds alot better than crab ice cream. We have this pizza place that makes a dessert pizza that is pretty much an apple pizza w/ cinnamon. It's awesome!!
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 15:27   Link #27
llama

Send a message via AIM to llama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Now apple pie ice cream sounds alot better than crab ice cream. We have this pizza place that makes a dessert pizza that is pretty much an apple pizza w/ cinnamon. It's awesome!!
I've had that dessert pizza before! Sooo yummy....^^

As for the meat ice cream... That is so wrong! That's disgusting! I'm willing to try new things...but something like that is where I draw the line. >_< I prefer my meat icecreamless...and my ice cream meatless! Whatever happened to the good flavors like chocolate brownie?
llama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 15:31   Link #28
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by llama
I've had that dessert pizza before! Sooo yummy....^^

As for the meat ice cream... That is so wrong! That's disgusting! I'm willing to try new things...but something like that is where I draw the line. >_< I prefer my meat icecreamless...and my ice cream meatless! Whatever happened to the good flavors like chocolate brownie?
lol I've seen people put pickles on vanilla ice cream because they claim that its too sweet. Yeeeeeaaaaahhhh... If you wana hear something weird, you know how people sometimes have ice cream with apple pie? Well here its a tradition (although I'd never do it) to melt cheese on apple pie. *vomits*
Old 2004-07-30, 15:38   Link #29
nooc

Quote:
If you wana hear something weird, you know how people sometimes have ice cream with apple pie?
So... Is that horse meat ice cream or pickled vanilla ice cream?
nooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 15:44   Link #30
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooc
So... Is that horse meat ice cream or pickled vanilla ice cream?
-_-' Well probably not horse, theres too many horse-loving people where I live, not to mention too many horses. That's what I get for being raised in rural America. I say eat em'! We've got cars now and don't need the stinky creatures!
Old 2004-07-30, 19:22   Link #31
Yogo_Pogo
A laughing demonic Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
Spoiler for for those w/ strong stomachs:
Don't even want to think about it ....
But the world is crazy right now, anything can happen...

Harogenki, your sig is it irony/sarcasm or i should continue learn english?
Yogo_Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:36   Link #32
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogo_Pogo
Don't even want to think about it ....
But the world is crazy right now, anything can happen...

Harogenki, your sig is it irony/sarcasm or i should continue learn english?
No my signature is not irony or sarcasm. The company which no longer stands known as Executive Outcomes was hired by many African gov'ts to help their militaries fight terrorists and guerilla forces, they did more in two weeks than what the U.N did in twenty years and were punished by the U.N because it made the U.N look bad, and then the U.N took over and now the guerilla forces are back and thousands have died because of the U.N's corruption, now if you wish to know more than PM or IM me.
Old 2004-07-30, 19:52   Link #33
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

はぁ、アメ厨房にマジレスするのもなんだし、自己消去。

∧_∧   / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
    (  ゚∀゚ )< まぁ、勝手にがんばりナー
    /~~〉 〈/つ \__________
   ノ  ノ|  |...
 ´~ (__),__)ゝ

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-07-30 at 21:15.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 19:55   Link #34
Harogenki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Many of the stuff that you proclaim to be eaten "by the majority of Japanese" is rather false, because most of the stuff is very regional.

Take for example, the "horse-ice-cream." That is regional to Miyazaki Prefecture. I assume it tastes weird and I am not willing to spend over 10,000 yen in train rides just to taste one.

Several other notables are "kuma-curry" (bear-meat curry rice) and "todo-curry" (sea-lion meat curry rice) which are sold in cans exclusive in Hokkaido. I have tasted this as a gift from a colleague who visited Hokkaido, and it tasted like crap. Especially the bear meat since it is very tough and hard to masticate.

Basashi (horse meat) is quite an expensive delicacy here and I'd never ate one. They cost well over 20,000 yen per delicacy at a specialized restaurant and if I'd had that much money, I'd buy a new harddrive. I would assume most people would spend their 20,000 yen on something else too.

So is whale meat. Whale meat was abundant and was a cheap alternative to beef, especially in the post-war era. My parents recall whale meat being served in their school lunches ever so often. By the late 1970s and early 1980s, whaling was restricted (moreso by US pressure...wait a minute, weren't Americans also whaling back in the 19th century?!) as most whales were put on the endangered species list. Japan, Iceland, and several whaling nations were given caps on how much whaling they can do per year. Now whale meat has skyrocketed in price, and only rich politicians and corporate elites can afford them at special restaurants in Ginza. Kinda makes you think how something that was sold in stores for less than 100 yen per can three decades ago now costs over 50,000 yen for a small slice of whale meat.

Now, here two things that I'd tried in my lifetime that I'd assume most Westerners will scringe:

A. Pit-viper blood
B. deep fried grasshopper

So will I try a "whale meat" and "horse's meat?" If I don't have to pay for one, then yes. Why? Because I take the advice my maternal grandfather had given to me:

"Westerners are reluctant to try anything new - that's why their food is so blant and boring. I don't care how weird the food is - try it, then make your assumptions. Don't judge food without even trying it, or you'll have a boring palate and die without knowing what great foods are."

And yes I did. "bear meat-curry" sucked. But to my surprise, "deep-fried grasshopper" was quite a good snack and was a rich source of calcium. Will I try it again? Perhaps - once again, "if I don't have to pay for it." Hey, even if it was quite good, if I had to choose between paying 500 yen for a bag of "deep-friend grasshopper" at a specialty store several train stations over or a 300 yen bag of potato chips that I can buy at Lawson's five minutes walk from here, which one do you think I'd choose?
Oh, i see. However I never claimed or said anything about them eating it all the time. And by the way, dont eat bugs, you dunno where they've been. If i said something about "here" thats the USA I dont live in japan so BLEH!
Old 2004-07-30, 20:00   Link #35
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

(  ゚∀゚ )< まぁ、勝手にがんばりナー
    /~~〉 〈/つ \__________
   ノ  ノ|  |...
 ´~ (__),__)ゝ

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-07-30 at 21:11.
Old 2004-07-30, 20:03   Link #36
Harogenki

Quote:
I'd assume "deep fried grasshopper" is much more safe as it is cooked in over 300 centigrade palm oil...than say, an American restaurant worker who doesn't wash his hands after coming out the restroom and returns to prepare your salad with his bare hands.
uhh nevermind, seriously most restuarants actually ALL health guide line following restuarants use rubber gloves so dont say its more safe :P blehhhhhhhhh PS- why are you getting so nationalistic here, dont be racist or nationalist or w/e its called yea forr shaaame because If i wanted to i could say alot about the embarrassments of japan, so what theres a few discusting slobs, we use rubber gloves with food blehh again

Last edited by Harogenki; 2004-07-30 at 20:09. Reason: What I meant was,
Old 2004-07-30, 20:10   Link #37
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
It's not so much as we cringe at whale meat and the likes...it's just when it is assemilated into ice cream....that's stepping the boundaries.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-30, 20:13   Link #38
Harogenki

Quote:
I'd assume "deep fried grasshopper" is much more safe as it is cooked in over 300 centigrade palm oil...than say, an American restaurant worker who doesn't wash his hands after coming out the restroom and returns to prepare your salad with his bare hands.
Ok i just wana say one little embarrassment, Japans live-action movies *laughs like the old guy puppets on the muppet show*
Old 2004-07-30, 20:49   Link #39
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

(  ゚∀゚ )< まぁ、勝手にがんばりナー
    /~~〉 〈/つ \__________
   ノ  ノ|  |...
 ´~ (__),__)ゝ

Last edited by kj1980; 2004-07-30 at 21:10.
Old 2004-07-30, 20:56   Link #40
Harogenki

Quote:
You are taking it far too-fetched. I was merely explaining how a "deep-fried grasshopper" is probably much more safe than a certain experience that I had in America, which in turn was a response to your quote "you shouldn't eat bugs because you don't know where they've been." Yes, granted I am certain not all restaurants are that heinous, but let me give you a story when i was in Anaheim this year for Anime Expo 2004.

I had a nice day, I wanted to relax, so I went to a nice looking restaurant near the hotel. I took an order for some salad and some steak, and went to the restroom. While I was taking my business in the urinal, some cook comes out of the dumper, took out his handkerchief, blew his nose, and walked right out the door. He didn't bother to wash his hands, despite the fact a California Department of Health sign clearly stated that "All Employees Must Wash Hands Before Returning to Work." Now, this was a nice restaurant that got an 'A' by the Los Angeles County Health Department (I finally understood what those grades were by asking someone).

Now, as I got out of the restroom, I notice that cook preparing food for the customers in that restaurant. The guy was still blowing on his nose with his handkerchief and was preparing a salad with his bare hands.

Do I want to eat at a place where I've just seen a cook coming out of the crapper, didn't wash his hands, blowing on his nose, and preparing people's food with those hands? Obviously not. I just left the restaurant as I explained kindly to the waitress that I was feeling rather sick and to cancel my order.

Now perhaps those grades on the restaurant windows mean something. If this restaurant received an 'A' with a cook who doesn't wash his hands, I am afraid to know what a 'B' or a 'C' grade is like. I would like to hope not all restaurants in the Los Angeles area are like that. Unfortunately, a vivid experience did leave a tremendous impact upon me during my visit of an American anime convention.

So tell me, would you eat a "deep-fried grasshopper" battered in 300 degree palm oil, or would you eat a salad that is likely to be ridden with salmonella and particles of someone's booger and waste material?
Boogers and waste material add taste my friend, gooood old american taste lol like how baiting fishing rods with out washing adds extra flavor and protein to Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches